~*Thicker Hair Challenge 2010*~

I've been sticking to my reggie, will be co-washing tomorrow and then DCing on Saturday. I'm still low-maniping (yes, I just made that up lol) with twist-outs and bantu knot outs.

Just checking in: I've been cowashing every other day (or every 2 days....its soooooo cold out!) and airdrying in braids or plaits. I've been wearing daily sock buns (braid out buns, smooth buns, etc). Yesterday I used AOGPB conditioner on dry hair for about 30min, then used paul mitchell shampoo two to clarify. I then used giovanni deeper moisture and used a mix of EVOO and giovanni direct leave-in and put my hair in 5 plaits to airdry. My new growth is really lookin good. I'll be 8 weeks post relaxer this tuesday. I don't plan on getting a relaxer till march, so this regimen is helping me keep my NG tamed and moisturized.

Ok at the moment I am doing a dry DC using coconut oil, honey, CON purple, and 2 min ApHogee.
I guess I will wash it with CON poo, do my tea rinse, and soften it up again with my Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner, oh yea and my FSP for the final rinse.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of putting in some yarn braids. I'm moisturizing with carrot oil and shea butter and sealing with CO.

Just moisturized with my homemade oil concoction. I am going to condish with ORS pak later today. Leave it on for a few hours. And air dry rollerset.

Found a youtube vid for an overnight Alma DC and am in luv. It leaves my hair sooo soft and stretches the curl. I wash with the powders or a carrot soap bar.

hi QurlyQutie! thanks for your post!

could you please detail some info about the overnight alma dc you luv!

i have amla and would luv to try an overnight with it, too, but it feels so dry after i've added water.....like clay almost.

also, which is the carrot soap bar you use? i've never heard of it, so thanks for bringing it to light!

Just checking in. I'm 8 week post and my new growth is coming in with a vengeance. I am hoping I am not doing more damage by stretching (especially since I have never stretched this long without a sew in).
I'm still cowashing and increasing my protein usage. Cant wait til my next relaxer.

I decided to break my stretch and relax next week. Im not sure but I think I stretched for more than 6 motnhs:look: I hope My ends look good enough to be BSB.

I am back in my 4 braids moisturizing and sealing daily. I think I may rn my head underneath water if I dont cowash with these braids in my head. I will let yall know how it goes tomorrow....

I am back in my 4 braids moisturizing and sealing daily. I think I may rn my head underneath water if I dont cowash with these braids in my head. I will let yall know how it goes tomorrow....

:nono: I changed my mind, I am just to scared to wash these 4 braids and I dont know why.

My hair is yelling at me because I haven't co-washed since Tuesday (my hair's spoiled ya'll) lol. But I'm about to start using JBCO mainly for my edges but I plan to use it to seal as well and maybe on my scalp too.... do any of you guys have any tips on how to use it? Do you mix it with anything?

i mixed my black castor oil with emu oil, amla oil and lots of little drops of essential oils. (you can pm me for the list, if needed).

i just put loads of co all over my scalp yesterday before i apply the indian hair powders to clean and condition...then i co washed.

gonna keep this up twice a week and will report the results as i see them....

HHG ladies!

Last edited:
My hair is yelling at me because I haven't co-washed since Tuesday (my hair's spoiled ya'll) lol. But I'm about to start using JBCO mainly for my edges but I plan to use it to seal as well and maybe on my scalp too.... do any of you guys have any tips on how to use it? Do you mix it with anything?

Do you want to put it on ur scalp?

Just put the oil in a small tip (hole) applicator bottle. Part you hair and apply the oil to your scalp. I do it all the time.

Okay, I'll try that. I'm gonna order it today and I'll keep u guys posted when I start using it! Thanks Qualitee & Grow!

Back