~*Thicker Hair Challenge 2010*~

Count me in!! here's my plan

-No heat whatso ever until June(bday)
-cowash/dc 2-3 per week
-texlax every 8-10 weeks, my hair starts to break if i stretch to long
-dust w/every texlax
-protective styling(buns and halfwigs)
-moisturize and seal daily

both pics were taken in dec, the first pic was taken before i trimmed my ends..i think i did a horrible job btw:perplexed
i think you did a great Job

I can't restrain myself from joining this challenge, since my hair is craving desperatly for thickness !
My hair has been overprocessed, colored and treated so badly those last months that I feel so bad about it. So... here is my regimen !

• No cuts/duts/ or trimming this year !
  • 1 glass of carrot juice every single day
  • My vits > biotin, msn, bcomplex, multi,...
  • CW 2/3x per week
  • Baggy my ends every single day
  • Protective styling is a must !
  • I will massage my scalp with some mixture of MT/Castor Oil & MN every other day
  • I will Prepoo with amla overnight

Yeah, I dont know either. :perplexed Mild or Regular. This chick should have known,shes been doing my hair forever. But I was 10 mnths post (trying to transistion) guess it took her by surprise.

Washnset-I think we are hair twins:yep:

Walmart salon had a sale on Joico, $10 3pk. I have been wanting to try it. So I wash and conditioned with that last night and did a wet wrap. Hair is soft, but the cond isnt as good as I had hoped.

Count me in.

1. Stretch 12 weeks
2. Cowash 2x/week
3. Baggy and moisturize daily
4. Low manipulation styling

img0556m.jpg

I kinda hope the list of people in this challenge stays short so I won't have to search 50leven pages to keep up. But anyway, it says we must cowash...does anyone have tips for cowashing relaxed hair? And can someone tell me what conditioner may be the best? Here's what I have...I'm trying to tame the pjness before it really gets out of hand so please only choose a conditioner from my list.

I have...
Herbal essences hello hydration
V05 moisture milks..strawberry and something
V05 tea therapy clarifying conditioner
V05 herbal escapes clarifying conditioner
And creme of nature nourishing conditioner
I also make one that I use to DC..its elasta qp dpr-11, evoo, honey, and at one botanical reconstructing something

cool! we can help each other!

Yeah, I dont know either. :perplexed Mild or Regular. This chick should have known,shes been doing my hair forever. But I was 10 mnths post (trying to transistion) guess it took her by surprise.

Washnset-I think we are hair twins:yep:

Walmart salon had a sale on Joico, $10 3pk. I have been wanting to try it. So I wash and conditioned with that last night and did a wet wrap. Hair is soft, but the cond isnt as good as I had hoped.

Queen_Earth wants in but I am not sure about Co-wash...what does that mean and where would it fit into the regime?

Cowashing= conditioner wash..you use conditioner instead of shampoo. I haven't done it so i'm not exactly sure but it seems like people do it because the shampoo dries out the hair so they co wash instead and only use shampoo occasionally

Simplyblessed needs to be in this!! I was just complaining in another thread how thin my hair is...

I will be incorporating JBCO into my dc's and massaging my scalp with this

Will be adding more methods to help later

Last edited:
I kinda hope the list of people in this challenge stays short so I won't have to search 50leven pages to keep up. But anyway, it says we must cowash...does anyone have tips for cowashing relaxed hair? And can someone tell me what conditioner may be the best? Here's what I have...I'm trying to tame the pjness before it really gets out of hand so please only choose a conditioner from my list.

:grin: Hard to tame that pjness... cant help with the cowashing. My hair gets mushy if I cowash too much, hair is weird like that I guess. But after I have done all that I can do to it, :spinning: on a good day, I will cowash with Tresseme healthy volume.

I have...
I also make one that I use to DC..its elasta qp dpr-11, evoo, honey, and at one botanical reconstructing something

Ms. Feliz, I co-wash all the time and I use VO5 conditioners a lot... I like the Strawberries and Cream because it has a little protein but I also like Free Me Fresia because of the smell.

I've also heard a lot of ppl like HEHH but it has cones in it so if you use it to co-wash a lot, you might have to clarify more often.

As far as tips, I always co-wash in 4 sections to avoid tangles... but I'm 24 weeks post relaxer so if you don't have that much NG, I'm sure you'd be fine just doing it however you wash with shampoo... just focusing more on your hair as opposed to your scalp.

:spinning:HTH!

um, for me it depends. Like today, I'm just co-washing and drying... that's it because I over-night baggied my whole head last night so if I DC today I think I'll over-moisturize my hair.

When I DC, I actually do it on dry hair before I co-wash, but you could co-wash and then DC if you want.

amwcah is joining!

I will achieve my goal by doing the following:

Stretch my relaxer(last relaxer 10/05/09)
Moisturize and seal my ends daily(ORS Carrot oil, CO, Shea butter)
Protective style(wigs, braids)
Cowash 2x per month
No direct heat
Massage scalp
Use supplements(biotin, bamboo silicia, b-complex)
Cocktailing(raw egg, germ oil, wheat germ, lecithin, flaxseed oil, fruit)
Drink at least 64oz of water per day
Foods for growth(carrots, fish, spinach, romaine lettuce, nuts, onions)

Starting pic~right side of head freshly washed, moisturized hair in 6 thin plaits :nono:

Attachments

• Photo_010310_004.jpg
    Photo_010310_004.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
um, for me it depends. Like today, I'm just co-washing and drying... that's it because I over-night baggied my whole head last night so if I DC today I think I'll over-moisturize my hair.

When I DC, I actually do it on dry hair before I co-wash, but you could co-wash and then DC if you want.

Do you DC and co-wash with the same conditioner? If so, do you apply more conditioner or do you just rinse out the conditioner from DCing? TIA

I have...

I use that and do it in the shower and b4 I get out I put it in a ponytail.
I add the conditioner when I first get in and I rinse it once im done bathing. Let it semi dry and then add my LI and other stuff then airdry. I dont like to bother my hair too much while its wet thats why I do that stuff when its half way dry.

Queen_Earth wants in but I am not sure about Co-wash...what does that mean and where would it fit into the regime?

On Tuesdays I do my full wash and DC and on Fridays I cowash. Therefore my hair is always clean and moisturized..... You dont physically have to put moiturizer and oil on your hair daily for it to be moisturized just maintain the up keep of your DCs and cowashes.

Do you DC and co-wash with the same conditioner? If so, do you apply more conditioner or do you just rinse out the conditioner from DCing? TIA

No, I don't use the same conditioner, I usually DC with homemade mixtures using a regular conditioner (usually Suave Humectant) as a base. If I was going to use the same conditioner though, I would probably just DC and then rinse it out and not apply it again... just because it seems wasteful to rinse it out and then put the same thing back in and rinse it out again. HTH!

chasturner84 would like to join!

I have fine hair (and not a lot of it) so I know that my hair will never be THICK but stretching my relaxers has helped a great deal. My plan:

-No direct heat other than for length checks for challenges
-shampoo/DC every week; co wash when extra moisture is needed
-relax every 16-18 weeks
-protective styling (buns, rod sets, updos, twist and braid outs)
-moisturize and seal daily
-use protein when needed
-trim when needed--like soon!

Starting pic attached

Attachments

• SDC13718.jpg
    SDC13718.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

I've been checking out this site for years but was too lazy to commit to anything until seeing five years pass and my hair length not changing or getting worse. I just lurked around picking up a few tips here and there but never really being serious about my hair. I've decided just recently that I want BSL length hair and will do whatever it takes to achieve it. I joined the Wig Challenge 2010. I ordered my very first wig and should be getting it next week. I plan to wear wigs *ALL* of 2010. Using this regimine should also allow me to achieve thicker hair as I will not be brushing, blowdrying or over-combing my hair. I plan to keep my hair cornrowed underneath while taking it down to wash, condition and airdry weekly. I will pamper my hair like never before and moisturize using my own concoction of glycerine, coconut oil and EVOO.

I will post updated pics every two months....

Wish me luck on my new adventure to long, healthy hair!!!

Last edited:
On Tuesdays I do my full wash and DC and on Fridays I cowash. Therefore my hair is always clean and moisturized..... You dont physically have to put moiturizer and oil on your hair daily for it to be moisturized just maintain the up keep of your DCs and cowashes.

^^^I always wondered about that. I will see if this works for me.

Hello Ladies,

I've been checking out this site for years but was too lazy to commit to anything until seeing five years pass and my hair length not changing or getting worse. I just lurked around picking up a few tips here and there but never really being serious about my hair. I've decided just recently that I want BSL length hair and will do whatever it takes to achieve it. I joined the Wig Challenge 2010. I ordered my very first wig and should be getting it next week. I plan to wear wigs *ALL* of 2010. Using this regimine should also allow me to achieve thicker hair as I will not be brushing, blowdrying or over-combing my hair. I plan to keep my hair cornrowed underneath while taking it down to wash, condition and airdry weekly. I will pamper my hair like never before and moisturize using my own concoction of glycerine, coconut oil and EVOO.

I will post updated pics every two months....

Wish me luck on my new adventure to long, healthy hair!!!

:welcome:
today I was in the hair store and saw some pretty lace front wigs..now I REALLY want one..they're just kinda on the expensive side. I think i'll definitely save up to get the one I want, and i'm sure this will help me keep my hands out of my head.

Can I join. My new reggie is-

Wash Saturday or Sunday
Roller set with Silicon Mix/Water. Dry under Pibbs or airdry in rollers. Mizani H2O to ends nightly.
Massage a bit of JBCO into scalp every other night
Cowash on Wednesdays, seal with heavy cream oil and either wear 2 french braids or bun until Saturday and start over.

My crown is very thin and grows slower than the rest. I did a deep cut early December so my sides and back wouldn't be so much longer than the rest.
No blow dry nor flat iron in 2010.
Oh, I will post pictures this week.

Back