WIG CHALLENGE 2010

HELP, I wonder does anybody else have trouble leaving their hair alone, I put the cornrows in and then after a few days I want to take down. If I am going to be a long term wigger (lol) I got to stop taking these braids down. I am so used to co-washing all the time!

JJ I asked my neighbor. LOL. Pretty I know the feeling because I had my cornrows in for a week and took them out. I found that when I beehive them and secure the top with a string it's much harder to take them out

JJ I asked my neighbor. LOL. Pretty I know the feeling because I had my cornrows in for a week and took them out. I found that when I beehive them and secure the top with a string it's much harder to take them out

Cool see, you didn't even have to look hard :D

You have to tie it up with a string :lachen: next you'll be taping your fingers together (JK), I am dying to take my braids out but I am :strong: I have a goal in mine and believe it will help me in the long run. HUH, I am constantly counting down my days I have 1 week and 4 days to go. Not long so the 4 week stretch doesn't seem so bad :D

These are some of my latest wig styles.. 1st is a lace front, bs special, i dont remember her name, and the second two are quick weave wigs that i made with supernatural 1st lady by outre..

Last edited:
you guys make me feel bad cause i really dont put that much effort into my wigs just pick something out without trying it on and go, i got a lil head most stuff fits without any problems

I Lied Ya'll, I can't do the Wigs, my head just started getting hot and itchy, and that is with all wigs, even this Lite wig, I just have to accept that my hair & head likes to be free from all covering LOL!! I wish I could wear wigs Daily, but it ain't happening captain.

Is it too late to join? I've been wearing a wig for the past 3 weeks. This is my transition style and I will wearing wigs until I feel my natural hair is a flettering length.

Oh forgot to mention that, sorry. You may want to try braiding it in a circle - it may lay flatter.

images

http://1m1f.com/video/xknDbmiVLuU/Braid-Pattern-for-a-Full-Sew-In-Weave.html

I wish I could braid my hair in a circle. I can only do the cornrow braids.

Last edited:
HELP, I wonder does anybody else have trouble leaving their hair alone, I put the cornrows in and then after a few days I want to take down. If I am going to be a long term wigger (lol) I got to stop taking these braids down. I am so used to co-washing all the time!

Me! Me! I haven't gone longer than a week up until this week. I want to take them down so bad b/c I love to co-wash. I will have to get someone to braid my hair in a bee hive b/c I would love to go an entire month with braids for better retention.

I've been wearing a half wig (from a local BB) for a little over a week. Since it's still hot out, I decided to put it up into a ponytail. I leave a little hair out in the front and around the nape of my neck. My hair is cornrowed underneath with a plastic cap then wig cap. I'm really loving this wig/ponytail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Half Wig in Pony.jpg
    Half Wig in Pony.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Half Wig in Pony Nape.jpg
    Half Wig in Pony Nape.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 34
I've been wearing a half wig (from a local BB) for a little over a week. Since it's still hot out, I decided to put it up into a ponytail. I leave a little hair out in the front and around the nape of my neck. My hair is cornrowed underneath with a plastic cap then wig cap. I'm really loving this wig/ponytail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great idea leaving the hair out around the sides. How do u blend your natural hair with what appears to be straight hair on the wig? I noticed you're not using heat. Tia

Cool see, you didn't even have to look hard :D

You have to tie it up with a string :lachen: next you'll be taping your fingers together (JK), I am dying to take my braids out but I am :strong: I have a goal in mine and believe it will help me in the long run. HUH, I am constantly counting down my days I have 1 week and 4 days to go. Not long so the 4 week stretch doesn't seem so bad :D

So you try to leave the cornrows in for 4 weeks at a time? Wow, if I could leave mine alone for a week at a time I would be happy.

Great idea leaving the hair out around the sides. How do u blend your natural hair with what appears to be straight hair on the wig? I noticed you're not using heat. Tia

I need to update my signature. Since I'm back to my halfwigs I'll have to use a little heat sometimes, but you can set your hair on large rollers just to obtain a little straightness on the ends, then gel your edges then put a scarf on. I also brush out my "curls", then smooth out my hair with a scarf too. Up close it's a little frizzed, but it works for me to avoid the heat.

So you try to leave the cornrows in for 4 weeks at a time? Wow, if I could leave mine alone for a week at a time I would be happy.

:yep: yes pretty. I figure the schedule allows me low manipulation along with lots of HYH play time :lachen:

It is LOTS of will power that is all I have to say LOTS!

I have finally been able to leave my cornrows alone and I am fallling in love with braids and cornrows again... My mom gave me a wig she didn't like because of the color, it has bangs and is APL length, I am going to trim some layers into it and cut it to SL, I will post pics if it is cute! Other than that I am still wearing my asymmetrical wig.

I have not checked in this thread for a long minute because I am still wwearing braids but I have a 2 week window in about 10 dyas when I will be wearing my wig between braids. I will update again when I do.

I just bought 3 wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. I also got some wig clips, hair pins and 2 picks. After free shipping and a 5% discount, it only came to 66 bucks! I can't believe it was so cheap. Anyhow, once again, attachments aren't working so below are the links to the wigs. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl.

Opal http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...oduct_id=12397
Puffy http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...oduct_id=10232
Valencia Girl http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...roduct_id=5364

Back