So Going To A Friend's Wedding Without You

would you be upset?

• Yes

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
If he couldn't bring a plus 1, I wouldn't mind. If he could and didn't bring me, I'd be pissed. Simply put, it wouldn't go down like that. SO would never do that.

Ironically, though... He invited me as his plus 1 to a wedding after we had been dating for a little over a month & I felt uncomfortable about that lol. I didn't know the couple at all. Never met them. Hell, I barely knew SO at the time :lol:. I thought it was too soon.

However, I'm glad I went. We had a
great time and the couple that was getting married is now one of our best couple friends. They recently had their first child and we're going to their new house tomorrow for a bbq :)

exactly especially if he will be seeing ppl from their circle and ppl he hasnt seen in awhile..almost as if i dont want to introduce you to anyone because not sure how long you will be in my life...2 yrs...together hmmmmmm...time to reevaluate because ole boy is trifling...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

So he had the option of taking her but opted not to? Yeah, that's not a good sign. If he isn't serious about the relationship then the last thing he wants to do is attend a wedding as a couple.

In the context of the story, there seemed to be no conversation.

It's always easier to just ask instead of getting upset for no reason. If the guy says his ex will be there or he isn't ready for you to meet his friends after 2 years of dating, then get upset.

But wouldn't he just mention the reason to you in conversation rather than you having to presume?

I've had issues like this and I'll say "you've had an invite, but just to let you know this certain person/people you can't stand/people you have nothing in common with will be there". I know he probably wont want to go, but I give him the reason anyway.

It's always easier to just ask instead of getting upset for no reason. If the guy says his ex will be there or he isn't ready for you to meet his friends after 2 years of dating, then get upset.

I would think as well that after 2 years of dating you would've met the important people to meet. Also after 2 years of dating one should feel a level of security in their relationship.

That's what's odd for me. I'm assuming the lady described in the OP actually wanted to go with him (but I don't know). In that case it's pretty inconsiderate to not even give a quick reason and put his woman in the position that she has to ask.

I'm possibly biased since me and FH are pretty communicative in this way. It's me that tends to want to be alone, but I like to explain if he showed interest in coming.

He doesn't want to take her. Would I be upset? Depends on his reason and if they ring true.

I avoided attending weddings/ family events with people I was dating because I knew there was no future *shrugs*

Is the wedding out of town and he didn't want to pay for travel for his SO?

lol, that is still not a reason. Folks trying to think of a reason why a grown adult in a relationship would not invite their SO. There is none. Only reason is if the adult did not get a +1.

Oh... I was responding to the OP. Unless I know the people personally or it's some fabulous location etc. I still don't care if I don't go lol. If we were married it would be different.

I'm saying this in light of me being dragged to function after function by SOs so I'm at the point where I want to be left alone :cantlook:

lol, yah. See your men invited you. If they weren't inviting you, then you'd feel differently. This happened to a friend of mine. Her man was always going to weddings and kept on inviting her. She went to the first couple but then tired of it all and started to pass on the ones that were far away. I have no issue with that b/c she made the choice. That's different.

Well I'm trying to get out of a family baby shower (his family of course:rolleyes:) so I have no place in this thread. Right now I'm hoping with every fibre of my being that this baby comes a week early lol.

Back