Help me decide on Wedding Dress

Which Dress do you like best?

• #1 David Bridal- Uptuck collar

Votes: 45 25.1%
  • #2 Demetrios - Lace Halter

Votes: 134 74.9%

• Total voters
I voted for the Demetrios dress along with the majority :D
It's beautiful and I wish you the best with your upcoming wedding! :)

She's a size 8, small frame, nice, slim waist. Both dresses she tried on fit her nicely. She will not need major alterations.

Both dresses look much prettier in Ivory.

Dress #2 then. It's very feminine. With a small frame I think it'll look absolutely beautiful on her :yep:.

WITHOUT ANY DOUBT- #2
OMG, it's sooooooooooooo gorgeous. Now I have to re-think my choice in wedding gown.

ETA: Are these around the same cost? Is your friend leaning towards one over the other because of the pricing?

Last edited:
I love number 1
Dress #1 - David's Bridal ... its more contemporary and streamlines the body. The second dress looks too found in my mothers attic antique family heirloom-esque, but the question is.. whats the feel you want for your wedding? If you're having a cosmopolitiam sleek white wedding or some other contemporary theme affair go for number 1. But if u getting married in an outdoor garden, or in side of a nice country wedding chapple, go for the more traditional lace dress. Take into consideration Location, theme, Atmosphere and vibe of wedding/reception and the other dresses and suits in the wedding party.

This is a GREAT point - do you have more information about the theme/venue/etc. that you can share? I agree that with a modern, simple wedding, dress #1 might be the better choice even though I like the look of dress #2 more.

This is a GREAT point - do you have more information about the theme/venue/etc. that you can share? I agree that with a modern, simple wedding, dress #1 might be the better choice even though I like the look of dress #2 more.

The theme is elegance. It will be in December and her color is red wine. It will be a late afternoon ceremony and an evening reception

A picture of the lobby of the Venue.

lobby_spring.jpg

WITHOUT ANY DOUBT- #2
OMG, it's sooooooooooooo gorgeous. Now I have to re-think my choice in wedding gown.

ETA: Are these around the same cost? Is your friend leaning towards one over the other because of the pricing?

Both are under $1,500 and cost is not her concern because $1,500 is her budget.

She is just not sure of which one because they both have elements she likes.

I just want her to be happy with her decision, because there are no refunds on either.

Thank you so much ladies for your input. We never realized how time consuming and hard it is to chose a dress.

I'd go with#1....I like the mermaid style.

#2 is more traditional, that's why I wouldn't pick that one.

Number 2 all the way. #1 is edgy but the hall deserves #2. And you just gave me an idea of what my dress will look like. Thanks OP :D

Number 2 all the way. #1 is edgy but the hall deserves #2. And you just gave me an idea of what my dress will look like. Thanks OP :D

If you are going to try on dress number 2, make sure you try on the Ivory. It is more romantic,stunning that the white.

I'd go for dress #1. The second dress is so traditional. She would have to wear the gloves and a nice veil to dress it up elegantly.

Yes, dress #1 is gorgeous. I hate dress #2, it looks so old and played out. It almost reminds me of something a barbie doll would wear. I prefer the sleek lines and the simplicity of dress #1.

Hmm, I'm shocked at how many girls chose the second "classic" dress. This makes me think it may be an age issue because older women (>30) tend to like sleek lines and elegant designs compared to the traditional A-line type wedding dress. I'm not even 30 yet but my taste in gowns has definitely changed since college. I now want to wear a tight and sexy dress. Looking like a defunct cartoon princess in a sea of lace is not hot to me anymore. :)

Last edited:
I like #1. I'm a little non-traditional and would not like to wear a veil so a simple, elegent dress will do it for me.

Ok, I had to look at the dresses again to see why I hated #2 so much and it just hit me. #2 has way too much detail going on and it pulls your attention away from looking at the bride. Dress #1 is elegant and draws attention up to the bride's face and shows off her beautiful physique.

Just by looking at the pics, I couldn't help but look at the model's face in dress#1 while in dress#2, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by all of the lace appliques and other crap on the dress, the model's face just faded into the background.

I like clothes that show me off in the best possible light and make people look at me. In a sense, dress #2 will "wear the bride" as opposed to her wearing it. #2 is too busy with detail, but that's great if you'd rather people say "Oh, what a beautiful dress" as opposed to saying "Such a beautiful bride."

And when I saw the pic of the reception hall, I still think dress #1 would look best there. I think alot of people feel a big hall needs a bigger dress to take up the volume and offer a sense of grandness, and if that's the case, I still would pick a better looking dress than #2 if I couldn't have #1.

My option for lots of soft detail on A-line gown that I find attractive: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/...|-49998999|-49978992&catentryId=6096810&sort=

The theme is elegance. It will be in December and her color is red wine. It will be a late afternoon ceremony and an evening reception

lobby_spring.jpg

I still think #2 is the better dress and even more so now that I've seen the venue. Congrats to your friend! :yep:

lobby_spring.jpg

ooooh! Well, I already voted for #2, but given this setting, #1 might be a better choice. Either will be beautiful, though, I'm sure. But yeah, everything else here is modern, sleek, streamlined, so it makes sense for the dress to be, too.

#2 is too busy. Such a detailed dress combined with the detail of the venue is just too much distraction imo. #1 is simple and clean and will stand out amidst everything imo. However, I'm not too sure what type of fabric the first one is made of. If it's a stiffer fabric I'd be hesitant it would look a little 'promish' in regular lighting.

I voted #2, but now I'm torn....I like the design of #1, but without the vampire collar. It's too plain though IMO. Dress #2, I like the overall design...I don't think the detail is too much. Now that I've seen the venue, I think #2 is the better option.

Thank you soo much ladies for your opinions. Your responses helped my friend make her finally decision

AND THE WINNER IS.....

Dress #2 Everything is just PERFECT with this dress.
knprsss099701l.jpg

Back