*Single Ladies*: What Are We Doing to Attract Love In 2014??

I agree with this. However, clothes can be an indication of age so although she's attracting men she's attracting young ones. Guys her age may view her as either too young or immature. Wearing more sophisticated clothes (and looking good in them) could stop sending that message and help her attract age appropriate men. It also helps to hang out around age appropriate men.

Nellie, try going to the gym in the early morning if you can. A lot of working professionals workout before heading to their jobs. Do you go to happy hours, ballgames, charity events, etc?

Since I wear a black blazer most of the time, people think I am either working or just got off work. I've recently met two guys that were my age (one a resident and another created apps or worked in the tech industry) while wearing a blazer, but they were weird. They both wanted me to contact/call them first instead of them calling me first, which I told them I would not do.

Going to the gym in the morning isn't really an option for me, I already get up at 5am for work. My sister goes in the morning and says at the particular gym we go to there's no eye candy in the morning.

I honestly don't go out much anymore and never had much luck at bars. I did go to a football game and met an older guy there which was nice. I also plan to go to another football game in november and also a couple basketball games. The gym has honestly taken over my nightlife, lol. I plan to cut back in november.

i was debating wearing a blazer to a date the other night and it was just too professional to me. i like the look but i guess its not my style.

@Nelli04I bought a bunch of dresses earlier this year and have yet to wear them, it just feels so foreign to me.

What kind of dresses do you wear, if you don't mind me asking?
in the summer i wear maxi dresses - usually not the kind with a vneck cut though, i dont really like that look on me although i do have a couple. im a little busty for that. they are usually crew neck/tank cut at the top. and i often wear a stylised belt on my waist because i dont have big hips, helps to fake an hourglass.

otherwise i mostly wear short dresses, either a-line or skater, generally with a belt (thin, most often, with short dresses) and a cardigan. i also create "fake" dresses with skirts and matching tops from time to time. i think my thing tends to be belts, i guess. i have a ton of them. it helps with the waist issue. i also like printed dresses. in the winter i rock with a lot of the same general styles, but i get to wear tights (i love printed tights, and i ALWAYS get someone hitting on me if i wear lace-printed stockings; my legs are one of my better features although they are way too fat rn) and scarfs and boots :love:

i probably have some pics here

and this is generally the way i wear dresses

Last edited:
in the summer i wear maxi dresses - usually not the kind with a vneck cut though, i dont really like that look on me although i do have a couple. im a little busty for that. they are usually crew neck/tank cut at the top. and i often wear a stylised belt on my waist because i dont have big hips, helps to fake an hourglass.

otherwise i mostly wear short dresses, either a-line or skater, generally with a belt (thin, most often, with short dresses) and a cardigan. i also create "fake" dresses with skirts and matching tops from time to time. i think my thing tends to be belts, i guess. i have a ton of them. it helps with the waist issue. i also like printed dresses. in the winter i rock with a lot of the same general styles, but i get to wear tights (i love printed tights, and i ALWAYS get someone hitting on me if i wear lace-printed stockings; my legs are one of my better features although they are way too fat rn) and scarfs and boots :love:

i probably have some pics here

and this is generally the way i wear dresses

Thanks for the links and tips! I have a couple skater dresses and printed dresses that I bought earlier this year. I am just waiting for an occasion to wear them and the courage,lol. Since a lot of my friends are boo'd up, I might have to drag my sister out with me and finally hit a bar again. I'll force myself to wear a skirt or dress.

It sounds so simple but put the phone down and smile.
Since moving back to the NE from the south, I'm still in full on Southern mode. Saying good morning and smiling at strangers. I have had more dates and offers for dates in the past few weeks than I've had in previous months. I think just being approachable goes a long way.

I don't know where to start really.
Where I live is a small island country.
It just feels like I haven't met anyone new in forever.

Back