• More than two months

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • for a year

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • for more than a year

Votes: 124 76.1%

• Total voters

Babydall818

Curious to see how many of us singles have been single?

and Why?
:wave:

I have been single for ...In Feb 2 years; After that I just need to focus and work on myself. Being in school, where females are in abundance, there's too much drama that I don't want to partake in as well. I don't believe in Long distance.nein, I actually had been talkin to a guy (just on and off/ld/ futuristic notions) for like 4 years and finalllllllly cut that off. I just couldn't take it anymore and needed to let go of that. I have always been the "space needing" type and have been a bit focused with getting that degreee tho

Last edited:
I've been single for almost 3 years. Probably b/c i don't really meet a lot of guys who i would even consider being in a relationship with. so i'm usually in temporary flings:ohwell:. but now i'm starting to get that relationship itch!

i must say that when i was in college it was so much easier to keep my mind off of relationships b/c i focused on my work. but now that i'm done and just doing the 9-5 thing, it sux not having that one special person:perplexed

ten years 04-16-08. it hurts but im still blessed trust me i dont like it tried to change the situation. i dont know anymore.

i've been single for over a year. I needed time to get over my ex cause i was very hurt the way things went down. Some months later the guy that i've had a huge crush on for years called and all of a sudden i was ready to date! :look: weird. I'm still single but i've been talking to a few guys but nothing serious.

Almost 4 years.:cry:
I dislike being single. I know that we are told to be happy in our singleness but that is just crap as far as I am concerned. I was inspired by Bunny's thread about single Christian women, and I told myself I am going to go out and mingle more in 2008. I keep myself couped up in the house with no interaction with the opposite sex. I am going to be more approachable by smiling and looking friendly, if that makes sense. I have been told by men that sometimes I look mean which is why they didn't make an effort to converse with me.:ohwell: I am nice and friendly but can be shy and reserved when I am around a new group of people. 2008 is the year that I am going to meet a GOOD man period.:pray:

I dislike being single. I know that we are told to be happy in our singleness but that is just crap as far as I am concerned. I was inspired by Bunny's thread about single Christian women, and I told myself I am going to go out and mingle more in 2008. I keep myself couped up in the house with no interaction with the opposite sex. I am going to be more approachable by smiling and looking friendly, if that makes sense. I have been told by men that sometimes I look mean which is why they didn't make an effort to converse with me.:ohwell: I am nice and friendly but can be shy and reserved when I am around a new group of people. 2008 is the year that I am going to meet a GOOD man period.:pray:

I think that's a good plan X ! I think you got a good mindset so get out there!

I think I purposely, if see interests spark up in a guys eyes, I turn "mean". I don't know why. I guess I over play that so they get the point.. but idk.

mmm hmmm

Being single most likely means you are dating multiples, be careful. :look: Miscellaneous d&%k counts, too.:yep:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :spinning:

mmm hmmm

Being single most likely means you are dating multiples, be careful. :look: Miscellaneous d&%k counts, too.:yep:

since i have been single i have been on two dates. and i havent had sex since my last bf which was 04-16-98

I haven't been in a real relationship in 4 years.

The right guy hasn't come along. The only guys that approach me just want a booty buddy. I just can't seem to find a man that wants to be in a serious relationship.

I give up

I haven't been in a real relationship in 4 years.

The right guy hasn't come along. The only guys that approach me just want a booty buddy. I just can't seem to find a man that wants to be in a serious relationship.

I give up

same here. it's been 5 years for me. and i plan on staying single next year as well. no dating either. i did enough of that this year I just want to focus on my goals and dreams.

Yeah the last to years I predicted I'd be single and well pretty much. Like serious wise, I Just can't do it right now...my efforts are else where.

But ladies don't give up there are plenty of good ones out there!

.... I think I'll end up being a cougar hhaa

since i have been single i have been on two dates. and i havent had sex since my last bf which was 04-16-98

Gul, you need an intervention. Stay strong, your are doing the right thing, hopefully, it won't be long before he comes along.

It'll be 2 years for me in April. I've been focusing on school for so long, but now that I'm done its time to start looking again.

:ohwell: I'm not too happy about it, I hate dating, guys suck, and I dont have the patience anymore. But I figure I'm not getting any younger. As the guy at the gas station said yesterday "Congrats on finishing school!! Now when you gonna get married?"

Gul, you need an intervention. Stay strong, your are doing the right thing, hopefully, it won't be long before he comes along.

scratch that since im on another level and im in the process of meeting my husband

Last edited:
It's been about a year and a half for me... I took a year off from dating after my last relationship of 6 yrs. Just started back dating in September, so this is all still pretty new to me... so far it's been easy getting dates, thanks to the internet, but finding someone great that I have chemistry with, well, that's another story... :look: I refuse to settle! Not that he has to have EVERYTHING, because no one is perfect, but I'll admit that he's gotta have it goin' on!! :yep: :grin:

Officially 5 years, anything else doesnt count really so 5 years. It sucks! I hate dating, I just want to be with one guy.

447522936_8705e08673_o.jpg

I thought this was neat.

Did anyone see the show where oprah had all those bachelors and the top cities they are in?

this is also cool:
http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200504/20050425/slide_20050425_111.jhtml
"oprah takes you around the world"

mmm hmmm

:lol: Yeah, for me single equals celibate not the active life of those single "Sex in the City" girls.

ETA: I've been single for 4 years. :look: ......(I eat a lot of chocolate :lol:)

Last edited:
I've been single for 3 years and im going to die single. Im tired of men. I always say "I'd rather be miserable by myself then be miserable with someone else" (thats trademarked :grin:). I've had 3 bad relationships :wallbash:and thats enough for me.

I've been single for 4 years. I have a sex buddy but that's it. I guess I need to get rid of sex buddy to concentrate on meeting someone. Or I guess I'm at the point where I don't care anymore. I've been focusing on raising my son and keeping shelter over our heads. I guess when he moves out I'll probably find someone but it's so hard out there for a sista and I don't just want anyone, he's has to come correct - job, own place, no baby mama drama, drugs, disease, jail/prisons.. I see I'm narrowing down my choices and there aren't many men left after this equation...

I've been single for 4 years. I have a sex buddy but that's it. I guess I need to get rid of sex buddy to concentrate on meeting someone. Or I guess I'm at the point where I don't care anymore. I've been focusing on raising my son and keeping shelter over our heads. I guess when he moves out I'll probably find someone but it's so hard out there for a sista and I don't just want anyone, he's has to come correct - job, own place, no baby mama drama, drugs, disease, jail/prisons.. I see I'm narrowing down my choices and there aren't many men left after this equation...

You are so right and it's ashame thats how it is:ohwell:

I've been single for almost 2 years. I've been dating, but nothing relationship worthy. According to that Oprah show, black women need to be looking to dating other races. The black man is not available. 70% of AA women are single...

That's me as well! I have been single for over a year now. Actually, I am content. It would be nice to be in a relationship, but then I think about a man's sexual history, cheating, and STD's. :nono:

Yeah that is such a high percentage ... I actually thought it was higher!

yeah that's why I am all for that movie with SAnaah Lathan "something new" haha

Back