• CELIBATE & SINGLE 3-4 YEARS?

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • CELIBATE & SINGLE 5-6 YEARS?

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • CELIBATE & SINGLE MORE THAN 6 YEARS?

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm pretty content single. I've only had 2 serious relationships in my adult life. Its ok to be by yourself, it doesnt make you a loser lol

You said on the 2nd that you were happily single, that it was hard to find a man who was not stuck on himself etc......and the VERY NEXT DAY you're GETTING MARRIED? Now you know what i'm thinking.:look:

What's going on here?:perplexed

I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe you've answered this question somewhere. IT HADN'T EVEN BEEN A WHOLE 24 HOURS! :perplexed

I am done looking and will be married July 31st!!:grin:

You said on the 2nd that you were happily single, that it was hard to find a man who was not stuck on himself etc......and the VERY NEXT DAY you're GETTING MARRIED? Now you know what i'm thinking.:look:

What's going on here?:perplexed

I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe you've answered this question somewhere. IT HADN'T EVEN BEEN A WHOLE 24 HOURS! :perplexed

I noticed that too when I first read it and was thoroughly confused :lol:.

What an interesting thread. I had to think about it. I have been single for many years for a number of reasons. I am one of those women Steve Harvey talks about in his book " Ms. Independent Professional":grin:. Its very intimidating for men so they dont approach me. I have only had one intimate relationship and I promised God that the next man has to be someone I would marry.
Heres my problem I dont know how to be a "airhead barbie" around men they seem to like that. Second, I am not drawn to many men. It doesnt matter if he's cute or rich or tall or what. It more like his presence has to resonate with me , like a vibe and that what Im waiting on. In the mean time my momma praying for a son in law and granbabies every day:lachen:

What an interesting thread. I had to think about it. I have been single for many years for a number of reasons. I am one of those women Steve Harvey talks about in his book " Ms. Independent Professional":grin:. Its very intimidating for men so they dont approach me. I have only had one intimate relationship and I promised God that the next man has to be someone I would marry.
Heres my problem I dont know how to be a "airhead barbie" around men they seem to like that. Second, I am not drawn to many men. It doesnt matter if he's cute or rich or tall or what. It more like his presence has to resonate with me , like a vibe and that what Im waiting on. In the mean time my momma praying for a son in law and granbabies every day:lachen:
ruby
i use to feel this way... have you ever seen steve's forum (not the book) recently where they talked about this
his talk on women feeling men were intimidated by their success.... was VERY sobering
I use to feel this way as well... steve made an excellent point

it sometimes comes more to how some individuals view/treat their success

i know the videos are around still-- i gotta check it out (it really was just wording that turned it around)

Last edited:
ruby
i use to feel this way... have you ever seen steve's forum (not the book) recently where they talked about this
his talk on women feeling men were intimidated by their success.... was VERY sobering

i know the videos are around still-- i gotta check it out (it really was just wording that turned it around)

Do you have a link to his forum?

ruby

No I haven't seen it but I would like too. DO u remember Steve's comment. Guys r find until they ask me what I do for a living, when they find out there is literally a physical pull back.How did u dealwith it ?

On top of this I think my radar's jammed:lachen: I dont seem to know when a man is interested. I recently went to a club with some friends and after I left only later found out some guys were chking me out.

I am single, single, single, single (yes, over 2 years).... I am, and have been ready for a serious relationship.
I am now considering looking outside of my city for potentials.

I am single, single, single, single (yes, over 2 years).... I am, and have been ready for a serious relationship.
I am now considering looking outside of my city for potentials.

I feel you, I am in Toronto and there aint nothin special here!

HI LADIES? HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN SINGLE FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS? WHAT DO YOU ATTRIBUTE TO THIS ROMANTIC PAUSE?:blush::blush::blush:

ARE YOU HAPPILY SINGLE?:bouncegre:bouncegre
OR READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP?:kisses::dinner:

HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING BACK OUT THERE?:driver:
OR JUST A HARD TIME FINDING "THE RIGHT MAN"???:alcoholic

ANYBODY AGING AND WORRIED ABOUT STARTING A FAMILY ..... ?:babyg:

I just hit my 8yr mark ! single on every intimate level...at 1st it was cool because I was able to work on my "person" but now that I'm older, wiser, and know EXACTLY what I want, what I can and will tolerate,etc., I am finding it hard to find the right one for me. I'm ol' skool, and there aren't many hopeless romantics with good sense left out here!

began single life 2002 as a HAPPY single...

as of 2007 I've been UNHAPPILIY single :wallbash:

Single for a long time, dating, talking....I can never make it to exclusivity. Not sure its because Im not meeting the right guy or that I truly want to be alone. Honestly, I want to get married...or at least I think I do...but relationships are alot of work. He has to be really special for me to want to spend my time on him. My attention span is short and I have no time for foolishness, especially when there are so many men on the planet.

This sounds like me somewhat are you a sagistarius? just curious

I've been single for about 4 years now. I say by choice b/c I do get asked out a lot but I'm really busy with my PhD program, job, and med school application prep. I do date occasionally, nothing serious though. It's more of a way to past some free time when I don't feel like being alone.

The problem I usually have is that when I tell men upfront that I'm not looking for a relationship and that I'm just focusing on planning my career future for a while, they still don't get it. They say they understand and it's all good at the start, but I always end up getting bombarded by questions & text messages about why I haven't called, when can we go out again, why don't I want to be with them, etc. :nono: It gets to be too much after awhile so I stopped dating casually about a year ago.

I feel like I'm completely content with being single about 80% of the time. That sounds good in theory, but the remaining 20% is really a b****. And I can't lie, the celibacy sucks. :lol: Most of my close friends have partners and they're all who I usually spend my free time with. We always have a good time, but sometimes it almost hurts to watch them together.

I feel that if I met the right person, I'd likely try to give the relationship a go, busy schedule and all. After all, we make exceptions for exceptional people, right? But I just haven't met that person, so I suppose I'll just keep waiting.

**Sidenote: This is my longest post yet on LHCF, so this must be a really good thread. :yep:**

I've been single for the past 4 years, I'm only 22 years old. Dating on and off but nothing serious. I was happily single for a while, not so much anymore...

I've been single for about 4 years now. I say by choice b/c I do get asked out a lot but I'm really busy with my PhD program, job, and med school application prep. I do date occasionally, nothing serious though. It's more of a way to past some free time when I don't feel like being alone.

The problem I usually have is that when I tell men upfront that I'm not looking for a relationship and that I'm just focusing on planning my career future for a while, they still don't get it. They say they understand and it's all good at the start, but I always end up getting bombarded by questions & text messages about why I haven't called, when can we go out again, why don't I want to be with them, etc. :nono: It gets to be too much after awhile so I stopped dating casually about a year ago.

I feel like I'm completely content with being single about 80% of the time. That sounds good in theory, but the remaining 20% is really a b****. And I can't lie, the celibacy sucks. :lol: Most of my close friends have partners and they're all who I usually spend my free time with. We always have a good time, but sometimes it almost hurts to watch them together.

I feel that if I met the right person, I'd likely try to give the relationship a go, busy schedule and all. After all, we make exceptions for exceptional people, right? But I just haven't met that person, so I suppose I'll just keep waiting.

**Sidenote: This is my longest post yet on LHCF, so this must be a really good thread. :yep:**

Where are you meeting these men?

I have been single all of my life. I dated guys but no one ever called me "girlfriend." I am 37 now and I am seeing someone. For the first time in my life I feel like God does have someone for me.

I am not in a relationship because I think its popular or I want someone around. I know who I am and I am looking for a new challenge. Being with someone has brought out the best in me and the worst in me. I have learned more about myself since I have been seeing this gentleman than I knew was possible. He is getting to know me and he makes me feel good because he accepts me.

i really have to commend those of you who are single and not dating for so many years... i would get so bored with life after 3+ years of no dating. imo, there's only so much companionship a friend can provide. so my hat's off to all you ladies...

but i've been single (dating, but no relationship) for basically 2 years and im cool with that.......

for now.

I've been single pretty much all my life except a few months when I was 18...which was 11 years ago..lol
edited: I forgot to answer the questions :lachen:
1) single all my life..I mean those 8 months we saw each other maybe once a month hiding for a few hours..so I wouldn't really call that a "relationship". I am 29 :grin:
2)happily single: yes ma'am. I can't miss what I don't know and I am used to fend for myself.
As a hopeless romantinc, I do have my days where I want my fairy tale but overall yes I am happy.
3)not looking for anyone...too busy with school and working on myself. Plus I really believe that whoever is supposed to court me will come at the right time.:yep:
4) As for family, I have 2 godsons who keep me busy :)

Last edited:
girl... I TOO am the hopeless romantic! lol
precisely Y i'm still single:ohwell:

:) I also refuse to kiss frogs..:lachen:
I really believe that you can meet someone at the local bakery...just when you are about to pay for your loaf of bread...
I am just going to the wrong bakery:bookworm:
A friend has been encouraging me to try online dating:user:
but I want my fairy tale....plus I hate emails

Back