Rejected Him 2 Years Ago; Now, I'm Feeling Him

80-100 hours a week? Then he is still a workaholic, no? Are you assuming that you two are just having fun and that neither of you have the time to invest in a real relationship at the time? You going to school full time and work full time I assume is short term and that will change. But is he happy with continuing to work 80-100 hours a week indefinitely? I'm not sure you will be able to develop a real relationship or get to know how serious he is until your life calms down. Right now it seems that you guys are a match because neither of you is fully available for a deep relationship.

Yes, and we talked about that last night actually. I'm content with where we are now. He feels like his work load will decrease within the next year or so so we'll take it from there.

***UPDATE***

I haven't told you y'all everything about this guy (mainly due to embarrassment), but I decided after he canceled our last date on Friday to sleep that I wanted to end things. I was just tired of him not putting in any sort of effort at all. I understand he's busy, I'm busy, but he could at least try. He texted me on Saturday night and said we needed to talk and if I was busy Sunday. I replied that I was (I was starting a 20 page paper I turned in last night) and I'd let him know. I told him Monday that I wouldn't be free to meet up until Friday. So he texted me last night and said he didn't think things were working out, that we weren't compatible and we had individual time constraints.

I'm irritated for several reasons but mainly because my co-workers talked me out of ending things by saying "well maybe it'll be good?" I wanted to break up with him first. :lol: And I feel like if he felt like he didn't have time to date, then he shouldn't have pursued me 3 months ago when we reconnected! Like duh?

But oh well...on to the next one. I have a date on Tuesday. :grin:

I actually think it's good how things turned out. You got to see how good your instincts are/were. I think he was frustrated that you were so unbothered by his busyness. Guys like him want to be chased. Oh I'm so busy, but if you hound me I'll try to squeeze you in and feed you crumbs. I'm glad you didn't get in too deep. On to the next! Enjoy your date on Tuesday :).

He had someone else.
You're friends with his cousin or have a mutual friend, right? Is that how you found out? Either way, be glad you found out before you got in too deep. He wasn't worth your time. I agree with the other poster about him being the same guy you didn't want before but worse.

This is why I strongly believe everything happens for a reason and women shouldn't chase men! I'm old fashioned when it comes to that. Men reveal their true intentions when you back off and let them do the work. The truth always comes out but you gotta give it time. OP, you handled this whole situation really well. This fool wanted you to chase him but you held your ground, and got a life outside of him. Well done.

P.S. Now I'm wondering if he got the girlfriend before or after those much needed improvements. :giggle:

Last edited:
This is why I strongly believe everything happens for a reason and women shouldn't chase men! I'm old fashioned when it comes to that. Men reveal their true intentions when you back off and let them do the work. The truth always comes out but you gotta give it time. OP, you handled this whole situation really well. This fool wanted you to chase him but you held your ground, and got a life outside of him. Well done.

P.S. Now I'm wondering if he got the girlfriend before or after those much needed improvements. :giggle:
:amen: :amen: :amen:
I learned that lesson the hard way, if a man is interested, he will do the work. You could be a mute and he would find a way to communicate with you if he really wanted to be with you.

Girl I hope your feelings aren't hurt over him. He's not even worth being upset.
this. why do you even know about this? who cares? certainly should not be you. we were in here trying to tell you this negro was a corny, fat ass fool. dont compound your unwillingness to acknowledge that with actually giving a **** about what he chooses to do with his corny ass life.

this. why do you even know about this? who cares? certainly should not be you. we were in here trying to tell you this negro was a corny, fat ass fool. dont compound your unwillingness to acknowledge that with actually giving a **** about what he chooses to do with his corny ass life.

Yeah y'all did :lol:

Man fuqqq his ole corny child-bearing hips, girdle needing asss!

I love @CaraWalker and @Mai Tai!

Back