POLL: So....How Did You Find Out About LHCF?

So...How did you find out about LHCF?

• Friend

Votes: 25 6.1%
  • Family

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 279 68.0%
  • Hair Blog/Fotki

Votes: 44 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.7%

• Total voters
i did a google search on texturizer damage and i think the first few links were all longhairecareforum links. Once in, I decided to stay and purchased a subscription within a month

I did a search for black women with long hair and was directed here. Lurked for a long time, then finally joined. Been here ever since.:yep:

My son's girlfriend told me about this site...and I am soooo glad she did!!! Love it!! Love it!!! Love it!!!!

I was looking through a girl's Fotki album and she referenced LCHF. That was in 2006 ans I have been here since then.

I found BlackHairMedia first, and somehow I found LHCF next and the best thing that has happen to me since sliced bread!!!

That's how I find here too. I was surfing looking for something about hair care and came upon Blackhair, then someone must have recommended LHCF as another hair site. I never joined Blackhair and I lurked for years on LHCF before actually joining. I guess it was because I wasn't familiar with sites like these therefore I lurked in order to get more comfortable with the site before joining. I rarely visit Blackhair anymore because I have enough over here to keep me busy..

I was doing some research on virgin hair fertilizer cause a friend was going through a bout of Alopecia. I have been hooked ever since.

I found BHM, Fotki, and LHCF on the same day. I just came out of a sew in weave and had no idea what to do with my hair. I googled some combination of "long healthy black hair" and hit the jackpot. I was more active on BHM but decided to pay for LHCF. Been posting regularly ever since.

I was doing some research on virgin hair fertilizer cause a friend was going through a bout of Alopecia. I have been hooked ever since.

Longdayinthepark...how did your friend deal with her/his alopecia?? I have a friend whose son has it right now. Would love to recommend some "natural" remedies for them.

Longdayinthepark...how did your friend deal with her/his alopecia?? I have a friend whose son has it right now. Would love to recommend some "natural" remedies for them.

She ended up getting cortizone shots. Soon after her hair grew like weeds.

I typed in Natural hair care tips and this was one of the first sights to come up! I have learned so much from this site! Thank You ALL!:):grin:

We belonged to another site back in 2000 or thereabout - longhairlovers or something and the white women were unkind and unhelpful so Beverly was gracious enough to create this site just for us. :)

Really? I had no idea. It's good to learn about the history of this wonderful site:yep:

I first came across this site about two years ago when my hair fell out due to postpartum hormones and all. I naively thought this site was only for those who had long hair already, like a secret club or something.
Fastforward a couple of years later, I knew nothing about taking care of natural hair (my dd's hair) since I have always been a "perm head." Plus I at the time my hair was fried, dyed, and literally laid to the side and I was wondering what was wrong with it? Shoot, ev'tang was wrong. Everything I used, everything I did, I don't wanna go there.
So I googled healthy hair care and here you go. The rest is history.

I decided that my relaxed hair was too dry and breaking too much so I started looking for sites that could help me with that. I was also looking to grow it longer. That got me started on blogs like mane and chic and then fotkis and then i was a lurker here for a while before I decided to join.
Now I'm not even that concerned with relaxed hair because I fell in love with the idea of being able to have my natural hair out and about. I'm just about to start my 9th month of transitioning and if I hadn't come on this site I'd still believe that my hair was too hard, thick and unmanageable to keep natural

I am a member of BHM and joined after hearing about this site. I lurked for awhile cause I was scared of y'all. I still mostly lurk on the hair part of this board.

I went on youtube and searched for how to wrap hair. That led me to a girl named Lorraine who is black and has long hair. She had all these tips about how she cared for her hair. It made me realize that I can have my long hair back the way it was when I was a child. Then I kept finding more and more black women like Traycee with KISS who has long hair and is relaxed. From there I kept watching more videos until someone mentioned this site in their comments. I think I have logged in everyday since I subscribed.

I found out about LHCF through BHM. I would always see the letter LHCF mentioned in posts whether bad or good and always wondered what LHCF stood for. When I found out it was the most valuable information I could have found on the internet, I wish often that I would have taken more interest in my hair years ago, if I had known about this site years back I know I would have :rolleyes:

I got to a point where I had about 3 strands of hair on my head....:nono: I googled everything else in my life so I decided to google breakage/hair/relaxer and LHCF was one of the top links. I read for days and days and days... I've learned sooooo much about how to care for my relaxed hair it's crazy... I'm very happy I found this forum. Thanks Ladies!:love:

I googled grow long African American hair and got directed to the Cathy Howse site. I got krazy interested in growing out my hair. I bought her stupid common sense book and went on her site everyday. Someone mentioned LHCF so I logged on!! I neva went back to the Cathy site again :look:

Back