POLL: So....How Did You Find Out About LHCF?

So...How did you find out about LHCF?

• Friend

Votes: 25 6.1%
  • Family

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 279 68.0%
  • Hair Blog/Fotki

Votes: 44 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.7%

• Total voters
I was trying to find out how to press natural hair (I'd done it before with a hot comb and blue magic pressing oil & it didn't turn out that well), and the link came up.

I've been hooked ever since.

:lachen: at "How not to jack up hair."

It does feel great not having to spend hours in the salon anymore!!! I love the fact that I know how to do my own hair now. :grin:

I know!!! It's so liberating. I remember a time when I didn't know what to do with my hair until a hot comb had passed through it.

I was looking up information on MegaTek that my girlfriend kept telling me about and stumbled on LHCF. She has been dying to try it and sparked my interest. So I decided to be the guinea pig and try it. I figured I will tell her how effective MegaTek is after about a month. She doesn't know I am using it yet. Thanks to this site, I was able to get all the information I needed to use this product correctly. My hair is so healthy and strong after only 2 1/2 weeks. Without LHCF, I can guarantee I would have suffered massive hair loss if I hadn't found this site because I definitely would have been using MegaTek all wrong. Thanx LHCF!

You know, I was going to do a post like this. I have NO IDEA! I've only been here a little under a year and a half and it seems like forever! :lachen: I want to say that I stumbled here after my sister introduced me to macherieamour's healthy textures website. Maybe there was a link. It's crazy, but I have NO IDEA!!! :lachen:

I was searching for natural hair care because all of my relaxed hair had pretty much broken off. I basically stopped getting relaxers at 16, but had no clue what transitioning was or how to do it...or that I was doing it, lol. I came across motown girl's site and found the link to LHCF, and my hairs been thanking me ever since.

I was watching JiaTV's youtube blog about MTG, so I searched for it on Google and there it was, LHCF. Waiting for me to suscribe!

I voted other b/c I was on Sandrarose.com and she was talking about how some members were on here talking bad about Ms. Youtube of the Year (I can't remember her name but I love her videos. The big issue was how she does her relaxers:ohwell: ) I fell in love and have been here every since. I've been a lurker but I figured I'd start posting today. :drunk:

I was browsing the net for black hair care and came accross this website. I think I had been on Amazon earlier looking into buying a Cath Howse book about growing your hair and then decided to do some research and ended up here.

Cant believe I found this place, Ive not been here long but I have learned soooo much. I love this place!!

Out of a hair frenzy I was Googling my butt off and came across this site. I never left since. I'm always on here. I don't even like to buy a product before I check with the ladies here.

:grin: This is soo cute!

My story: I had UNKNOWINGLY been transitioning my hair for four months after experiencing severe relaxer burns and vowing never to relax again. I literally had NO IDEA what I was going to do with my hair (at the time, chopping it off was NOT an option). I began googling stuff like "tips for healthy black hair" and "african american hair care" (funny how I never googled: grow long african american hair.. I believed the hype :nono:). It somehow led me to Dominican salons and deep conditioner articles and threads on OTHER forums (which I cannot for the life of me remember). After a month of reading about that I found LHCF in November 2007 :grin:. I just got HOOKED and BCed January 2008 (what a way to start the New Year!). I finally decided that if I'm going to use their tips I might as well pay the mere $6.50 as a thank you. I'M SO GLAD I DID! ALL YOU LURKERS OUT THERE, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO THIS BOARD THAN WHAT MEETS THE EYE! Not only did I discover hair health and growth, but I believe because of LHCF I've grown as a person as well.

LOVE YOU LHCF!

A Friend who was transitioning told me about it, after I became determined to become a DIY due to Gross Salon Neglect. I love it. The tips and advice have been wonderful.

Back in 2008 I was searching how to grow afro/african hair long. I think I first came across the crown and glory method site, and I found this site by chance, but I thought it was for people who already had long hair and clicked off. I found it again in late 2009/early 2010 and I'm so grateful!!

Back in 2002 I lurked on another long hair care website and found this one linked to it. Of course I didn't sign up until years later.

I've known about it probably since 2004 or 2005 through google searches. I'd known a few other hair sites before this one. I know I was reading Blk Hair Media first. All the weave talk was a foreign language to me. I also found growafrohairlong...dare I say in 2000 or so? Despite knowing of these sites, I didn't take my hair seriously until just a year ago.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Last edited:
I was flossing on facebook. I'd just had my hair freshly layered at a Dominican Salon and I posted a rear-facing pic as my profile pic. My friend, a member here, asked if I was a member of LHCF. I had no clue as to what she was talking about. She gave me the link and the rest is history.

When I was about 13 (5 years ago) my cousin told me to google machierhair (or something similar) whilst looking for her I found this. That's when I first started my hair journey on my relaxed hair and had great results. Then I decided to go for a weave and without knowing what it is was I transitioned my hair back to natural. Now here I am :)

I remember reading about LHCF on another forum, but only with the initials, LHCF, so I had no idea what it was. The people talking about it didn't have anything good to say, and I was curious so I looked it up on Google. I got here, looked around a bit, and registered, but didn't pay to post.

A few years later I had a hair mishap and came back here for help and answers. I've been here since. I am so happy that I found out about LHCF. You ladies keep me informed and entertained. :)

Back