How did you stumble across LHCF?

I was searching the net for natural hair products and reviews for my kids and stumbled upon naturallycurly.com and LHCF. I didn't even know that hair boards existed!! I'm so glad that I made it here!!

I was having trouble with my ends, because I was using baby oil to moisturize my hair. :lachen:
To deal with my ends, I kept on trimming them off, but of course, the fresh ones would just be dry and crunchy again after a few days. I didn't want to cut anymore (I had cut myself from a little past SL to brushing it), and I was really frustrated, so I sat down and googled "dry crunchy ends HELP". I got directed to an archival post, and from there, directed myself here.

I lurked from December 2008, although I didn't seriously start trying to take care of my hair until about...February or April. Then in August, I decided to join.
Doing that turned out to actually be the best thing I've ever done for myself, because it gave me access to the other boards, which have helped me get my entire...self together. :lol:

I love LHCF. :yay:

I frequent the website earthclinic.com and was looking up info for hair growth on it. One of the members of the site commented on the message board that with the help of earthclinic.com and lhcf her hair has greatly improved since being diagnosed with lupus. After I read that comment I headed over here to see what she was talking about and I've been hooked ever since.

I googled "black hair care" in March '09 after my most recent hair fall-out in January. My hair gradually broke off from shoulder length to ear lobe length over 2 years, then in January my front left edge and back left and right edges broke and thinned to near-bald. This board saved my sanity!

I don't remember. I think i was looking for recipes for the hair, but don't remember exactly what i was looking for

I must have googled something about hair and found a well known black hair site then some beef started happening there and someone recommened this site. Boy that was a long time ago. There were two spinoff from that first hair site. I still visit the old website, not a member, but I browse.. Now this site is my favorite so I'm here almost everyday.

I was searching for something about black hair growth on google, came across BHM, and someone on there mentioned LHCF. Although I still am a member of BHM, I think this site has a lot more info, so I've been hooked ever since!

I was searching youtube videos for hair care. The 1st person i found was Lovelyti2002 which then lead me to Vonnique. In her video she thanked hair boards for her successful hair journey. I had no idea what "hair boards" were :blush: so I googled it :lachen:. LHCF came up....been hooked every since! :grin:

I had just been assaulted by a so called stylist with 27 years experience in September and when I got home and took a picture of my hair I couldn't believe that the hair people oohed and aahed over as little as 6 years ago had turned to this:cry2:. I got mad and was like "OK. That's it. I'm never letting a stylist touch my head again even if I have to go to hairdressing school to learn how to take care of my hair myself." I goggled restoring damaged hair and somehow ended up here and when i saw all these pictures I was like What Da...... i never knew black hair could GROW this long!!! I've been lurking since September reading forums and stalking all kinds of people and finally joined 2 days ago I think. It's only been a month but the improvement since I started my regimen is quite simply AMAZING. I can't believe all these years I could have been taking care of my hair myself and growing it. I can't wait to see how it will look in the next 6 months - 1 year. I LOVE LHCF!!!:love5:

I sort of found this place twice, if that makes any sense?

First time, I was looking for reviews for a flat iron that I'd seen an ad about. Found the review and wandered off and forgot about this site.

Second time, I'd finally decided to GROW my hair long, and was looking for recipes and whatnot. Found this site again, then lurked for about a year.

My hair had been overprocessed and broke off from a hairdresser. I had to get my hair cut really short. I started searching the internet about how to grow long healthy hair and stumbled upon this site.

I wanted to go natural but didn't know where to start so i googled 'going natural' and kept being led here.

I found lhcf via bhm. I was searching for how to deal with my daughter natural hair and my relaxed hair. I have only visited bhm twice since finding lhcf. lhcf is more active.

Very good question!!!!

I promise my g-ma I would not cut my hair as long as she was alive but I have NEVER liked long hair. I like my back/sides shaved....tapered. Life was sooo much easier! :ohwell: So I said if I was going to have long hair I wanted it to be healthy!!! You see I used to relax my hair every 3-4 weeks, washed every other day, and NEVER conditioned....oddly enough my hair was healthy and pretty! I knew the longer it got the more I would have to do....meaning not neglecting my ends, conditioning, less relaxing :)ohsnap:), etc.

SO HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS TO YOU AND OTHER LHCF MEMBERS THIS RIDE HAS NOT BEEN AS BAD AS I THOUGHT. :grin:

Back