How did you get hip to LHCF?

free2be said:
At the end of last year I became bored with my hair so I googled black hair to get some new ideas. That's how I discovered lhcf and it opened a whole new world. I never thought about how to help my hair grow longer.

Ditto.

I looked at other hair care boards too, but they seemed boring in comparision.

About a month later, a paid my $5 and voila

My sister used to post on a Relaxed Hair Care board and then found this site and joined years ago before there was a charge for the site. I had actually forgot about this site until she reminded me that it's the same board.

Then I was on another forum in 2005 (a music forum) and Sylver2 (i think that's her name) told me to join this site.

I lurked, then signed up, then bought a membership.

I shoulda joined a looooong time ago though.

Cuz my once waist length hair went to bra strap, and now it's between shoulder-armpit.

I had to join before I was just plain bald :lol:

I know I was lead by the Holy Spirit.
My hair was natural but short, dry and would only look good when flat ironed:ohwell: . After a non slip ,hair ripping conditioner, matted my hair.:eek:
That night after crying and crying:( ..."DH yelling in the back ground"why did you use that ":( . I went on the net searching for help, April 2006 I lurked by May I paid closer attention, June I was on the hair bus ...one way ticket to BSl and beyond ..Thanks to LORD JESUS CHRIST...THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT:) ..One less thing in life to cry about....Many more reasons to Give God the glory.:grin:
Thanks also to all you blessed ladies;)

I kept my hair in a short pixie cut for YEARS. I wanted longer hair that was healthy but didn't think that it was possible so I just kept cutting it. One day I was looking at old photos and decided that I needed a change. I searched to see if it was possible to grow long healthy hair and found this site!!! When I found LHCF, I was looking like this :eek: while researching the wonderful information and looking at various fotki's. I am so grateful for this site! Without it, I would still be rockin' the short cut thinking that it could never be possible to have long hair. :)

I finally broke down and prayed for a solution to the major hair woes I had. That is what quickly led me to discover hair boards and LHCF. And I mean quickly! :eek: All I had to ever do was ask. ;)

The same as many ..i was surfing the net looking at how to grow long hair and i saw this site amongst others but was devoted to woman of color..,, Ive freguent other sites as well but this one is my top site i just lurk the others

xDestinedx said:
I wanna know what the ladies at nappturality were saying about LHCF .....

Im so nosey....lol...

They were prob telling all the relaxed they didn't belong and come over here to LHCF instead. That is why I love LHCF. Nappturality makes it clear that relaxed head DO NOT belong and they have nothing to do with you. The Natures here are such a breathe of fresh air. (Well, you know what I mean. For the most part. Please dont go pull up no links for me.)

Oh, I found LHCF through the search engine and have been happy every since. Thanks ladies!! It good to know me and my relaxed hair can belong somewhere. It's great to see relaxed and naturals all come together in one place.

Last edited:
I was doing a search about "Chi" flat iron on relaxed black folks hair somehow stumbled on this site. I thought to myself this is interesting site there are people out here like me "obsessed" about all things hair. Looking at all the individual fotki pictures before and after really sold me on this site.

I found this board back in 2003 when I was searching for Black Hairstyles. I was wearing weave styles often then. There use to be this site, clicktobeauty or clickonbeauty that I'd always go to when searching for a new style to do, and one day it was gone so I just started perusing and found LHCF and Nappturality, I immediately noticed the 'air' over at Nappturality by the way, came to LHCF and found it interesting but didn't stay or even lurk. I did remember the CW like a year or two later after reading about it and tried it a few times when I let go of the weaves. FFWD.. I started going to the salon religiously for the first time ever in NOV. of 06. My stylist suggested a touch-up in January for my next appt. using a Lye relaxer. I remembered LHCF and came on to learn the differences/benefits and switching over with Lye and No-Lye relaxers and no doubt felt better about doing it. After coming on everyday for a few weeks I made up my mind to pay the $5 because I was completely hooked and wanted more. I love this site, so encouraging, educational, and inspiring. :)

I found this board back in July 2005 after my stylist went on maternity leave. I tried a few substitutes...but after getting burned too many times (literally) I decided to get my hair braided while I figured out what to do. I did a search for black hair care and found the Crown & Glory site. I was on there for a while when something there directed me to this site. I sat up for hours at night just reading everything I could. I finally decided to join 3 months later and have been here ever since.

I've been to other forums as well, but they don't have the same feeling as LHCF. It almost feels like you "know" people here, even if you don't know them in real life.

There was different things that helped me find this site 1 was i googled black hair care 2 was a special that ybf had and 3 was DSD's fotki she really got me started I've been taking care of my hair now coming up on a year and wonder where i would be if never cut off those see through ends i had a natural point going between my shoulders i guess from always wrapping anyway i cut it all uneven and I'm where i'm at now since i've regrew what i cut it will be fun seeing how much length thickness i can get

I wish i woulda had this site in 2003, when i was doing some growing, and was natural... I found this site through a friend. I had come to the conclusion that our hair didnt grow and was getting ready to spend some serious money on a real looking weave.... I had found a site that showed how to do home fusion( i know a BIG MISTAKE). My sister convinced me that i should join here and not do the weave thing and here i am today.....
Although i do dream about getting that home extension kit and doing it one day, but i still cant get over the breakage it would cause

I did a search on yahoo back in 2003 on "black hair care" LHCF and another forum (BHM) popped up. I lurked for a year before I decided to join both sites, I'm glad I did that search sooner than later! :cool:

I found LHCF about 2 years ago but had been lurking and not fully serious until I joined a few weeks ago. I believe the Lord answered my prayers with LHCF because I was online searching for hair growth products that probably would have been a waste of money and time especially since my hair wasn't healthy around that time and many products had not worked for me already.

After seeing my wedding pics and my wedding hair and a few tears later I decided to take my haircare in my own hands,googled for black hair care and voila.

Oh, boy do I remember.....

It was back in June 06' I had so many issues with my hair. It was so dry and my ends were so straggly. I'm not a person whom goes to the shop often and I can recall having had my hair done and still thinking to myself only a good flat iron and tons of heat will make this look healthy.

I hadn't had a relaxer in well over almost a year and it was just really thick and I didnt know what to do to even start on getting it healthy. I went to my stylist...had her put a relaxer in with hopes that I would look decent through the summer because, my hair and the humidity dont do well together.

Shortly after coming home I hopped on the internet and asked how to keep black hair moisturized and healthy and that is how I found LHCF. I paid the $5.00 after lurcking for about a week and I'm here to stay.

I remember I was telling my mom & friends about it and was like this is a really good site with alot of friendly women on it and I enjoy coming here for all the threads on LHCF. I was hooked I remember, when it felt like I couldn't take a break from this place. I was always on the net -reading, reading and reading.

Thanks!!!!

The funny part is.........I've actually been a member since March 06' I guess I forgot....

Had a bald spot in top from med issues. Wore weaves all the time becasue o it. Started researching topical hair creams and minoxidil. Saw a link to BBBH. Sistaslick was there and I read her informative post on how to take care of hair and tell the difference between needing protein or just a plain ole conditioner. I was like WOW. I never knew there was a difference. A member there posted a link to here...the rest is history.The fotkis reeled me in! I spotted SS over here too and-- My bald spot is gone...:)

BTW, I still go over there, they are nice too, just not as active.

I was burnt near bald by a stylist,during a touchup, and went searching I found this site and another 2 sites, I joined all of them, however this is where I live,:) this past feb, has been a full year, my hair has thickened up wonderfully in that year,:p mainly from doing my own touchups and no longer overprocessing my hair, I will be a member for life,:love: I am learning everyday, and truly enjoy all the photo albums I stalk,:Flahsssss :lol:

My hair had been damaged by relaxer and color performed the same time by my stylist of 15 years in 2005. I immediately changed stylist and shortly after began searching the web for black hair care. I first stumbled onto Cathy Howse and then I stumbled onto this site in March 2006. The rest is history.

One day I decided that I wanted to take better care of my hair so I started doing some searches and found blackhairmedia.com and I read all of the threads and so I started doing more searches for more forums and came across LHCF and I have never looked back.

I stumbled on LHCF by googling for Dominican hair care products after I received my first Dominican Doobie. I was hooked ever since and now I'm even hooked on the financial and skin forums LHCF has. This was the best thing to ever happen to me. I've even made $70 since finding the LHCF financial forum :grin: .

Like others, I read some comments on another site about LHCF. I just had to see what was going on. I saw all the excellent advice, the positive atmosphere of the site, and most of all the beautiful hair and I just had to join. Glad I did. I've learned so much.

I have NO IDEA!! :lol: :eek: I honestly can't remember how I found the board but thank God I did.

My old stylist put a super Affirm relaxer in on April 7, 2005 and then the water shut off by accident. :mad: :mad: She told me she was using mild. I ended up with 3 bald spots the size of nickels and my once APL length relaxed hair had to be cut. The LONGEST layer came to the bottom of my earlobe and the shortest in the back was 1 inch long!!! It was the worst hair horror story ever. As a matter of fact I probably posted a thread about it! :lol:

Well I stopped relaxing that day, even before I came to LHCF and found out it was called "transitioning." I've been transitioning since then and couldn't be happier. I'm still not thrilled with my crown area (only about 5 inches long) but the rest of my hair is thriving. I only have 1 inch of relaxed ends left (if that) and my nape is past shoulder length stretched and SL unstretched. My goal is to get the longest layer APL (stretched) by the fall :D

I found Cathy Howse's second book at my fiance's house, which was left on a bookshelf by his ex-wife, and I read it in one day! I was so into it, that I went to her website and read some reviews and testimonials. One of the testimonials mention LHCF and I was like, "Hmm, what's that?":scratchch So, after doing a internet search for "black hair care," LHCF was mentioned in numerous links. Needless to say, I investigated, joined and now I am a proud PJ! My hair is doing fabulous (thanks to the wonderful tips that you ladies have provided). So, I owe my thanks to my fiance's ex-wife! :lachen:

Ex-wifey is probably like, "I wonder what happened to my book???":confused: I'm like, "Uuuuh, I dunno...":look: (hehehe!!):grin:

Back