POLL: So....How Did You Find Out About LHCF?

So...How did you find out about LHCF?

• Friend

Votes: 25 6.1%
  • Family

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 279 68.0%
  • Hair Blog/Fotki

Votes: 44 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.7%

• Total voters
It was just after I cut my hair to ear length. That was after I had had enough of weaves and extensions. I think I googled "how to grow long hair", a whole set of stuff came up including Cathy Howse and Grow Afro Hair Long. I kept at it, just googling and on the second day I found LHCF and I never looked back.

I was just surfin' on the net looking for info on how to take care of natural afro hair and I came across Dontspeakdefeat's Fotki, and that's how I found out about LHCF! I lurked for awhile and then joined:-)

i was googling how to get rid of a relaxer. i knew you couldnt just wash it out but people kept telling me you could use vinigar to get rid of it so i googled it baby lol. thats when i decided to transition, which lasted 11 months before i got a relaxer.

I'm just curious about how everyone came across this site.

I was a member of an all natural hair board, but once I relaxed I started looking for a site that could help me care for my relaxed hair. I did a google search and it was on the first page of results. I'm sooo glad I clicked on the link!!! :yep:

What about you guys?

I found out about LHCF through Beverly (the Admin / Owner) before it was created.

I decided I was tired of this cycle of growing my hair out then not taking care of it and it breaking off. Once I decided I wanted to take care of it I googled something I don't remember what exactly and ended up here.

i was looking at some of the people on growafrohairlong.com and a lot of them were talking about lHCF and i wanted to find out what it is all about

I found out about LHCF through Beverly (the Admin / Owner) before it was created.

Whoa! So you've been here since the begining. It must be great to watch this site grow. Thanks to you and Beverly and everyone else who created/helped this website. I don't know where i'd be without it! :sunshine:

I was actually a member of another hair board. I don't remember the site but I believe datjerseydime was the moderator. One day on a post, sherrylove said we should check out lhcf.com...from there, I was hooked.

Whoa! So you've been here since the begining. It must be great to watch this site grow. Thanks to you and Beverly and everyone else who created/helped this website. I don't know where i'd be without it! :sunshine:

Yep, I've been here for a while. It's great to see this wonderful site grow. :yep:

I knew about it through an old Yahoo hair group BHSGO (black hair super grow out) Man that was a long time ago.

Whenever I would do research on anything hair related, I always found a link or a reference to the forum. I lurked around for a few months before I realized that I'd probably get the best answers if I just join the forum myself.

i had been natural all my life and decided to try relaxing my hair because i thought it would be easier to take care of relaxed hair :rolleyes: my hair was good at first then it started breaking like crazy. i figured there must be some resource on the internet that would help me learn to take care of my hair because the internet's got information on everything! several internet searches later i found lhcf. needless to say, lhcf has been a world of help in many areas of health for me, not just my hair

It all started in 2006 :lachen:

I started searching ingredients on the bottles of condish I had at the time....Then stumbled on to BHM......

:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: ROLLED outta there - and took two of my sisters with me - finding the MOTHERLOAD of FORUMS...........LHCF!!!!:lick:

I found LHCF and bhm at the same time. Me being cheap, i went to bhm:wallbash: It was some good advice at the time.... but they always made a reference to lhcf and how the info on hair was so valuable and precious. My cheapness turned into curiosity and paid the 6 dollars :yep: All i can say is.... its 6 dollars well spent!!!!!!!!!

I was posting on allhiphop.com and another member who was a member there and is a member here post a picture of her hair and how long it was and I asked her a couple of questions and here I am.

Back in 2005, I found a black hair care community on livejournal.com. When I joined I kept asking questions on there... and one of the members started me on a regimen and told me about LHCF. I wish I could remember her name. I used to think the hair products she recommended was so expensive (Keracare, TIGI...) lol. :spinning:

I did a google search for deep conditioning hair and how to prevent breakage, and LHCF popped up...So I came on in, and lurked for like 2 months, then I lost the site :(...But lo and behold I found it once more thanks to a google yet again, and then after more lurking I said this info is the truth, so I subscribed! Loving every minute of it...It's been teaching me so much and I intend to reap the rewards from all the information.

I was browsing online for hair care tips and stumbled onto it. This site has helped me through my hair and relationship problems since '03 and I am just thankful for the wonderful ladies I have met through it.

I started the search because it was either go bald or kill a hairstylist. One stylist cut without my permission EVERY time I saw her. Another one didn't know that you relax first then do permanent color - my hair went from APL to not enough to pinch between your thumb and forefinger:wallbash:

OK, so after PermRepair and Blue Magic grew me some hair, I got a relaxer. This woman got mad because I wouldn't let her cut my hair! So I started to search and found comments from DONTSPEAKDEFEAT. She was so fascinating that I had to join:yep::yep:

Back in the day, like 2001 or 2002, I belonged to another hair forum. Things weren't working out there, so LHCF was created and everyone, including me, just moved over here. That other hair forum was dead after we left!

I read about it on another hair board that I visited. I joined way back then, but I stuck with the other board for a few years and just popped by here once every blue moon... But now I'm here as a fully active member!

I found it through Sandrarose.com when she was talking mess about the board. LOL Im so glad I happened to click on that link to read the full article. THe best thing that ever happened to me!

I am a member of a few AA wedding planning sites. I got a sew-in for my wedding (Nov.24, 2007) After removing my sew-in on New Years '08, I noticed that my hair was severely damaged and I had several bald spots.:sad: I was devastated!:cry: One of the members mentions BHM and LHCF (She was a member of both). I checked out both sites but I liked LHCF better.:grin: I lurked for about a month and a half but I had so many questions, I became a subscriber in Feb. 08.

I don't see the member on this site anymore but I want to say "Thank you" to Rabia Elaine. Because of her, I have learned so much here and I now know that I don't have to spend the rest of my life wearing weaves. I will have long hair in 2009!

Back