POLL: So....How Did You Find Out About LHCF?

So...How did you find out about LHCF?

• Friend

Votes: 25 6.1%
  • Family

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 279 68.0%
  • Hair Blog/Fotki

Votes: 44 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.7%

• Total voters
I was looking of hair care tips for natural hair in google and the website popped up.

Same here. I came across this site when I was searching for help with natural hair care maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I looked at it a couple of times and never came back.

I came across the site again in 2006 when I was searching for info on Mizani products, and I found a link for reviews. This time I came back to the site a few times, and subscribed.

Last edited:
I always said that I found it online, but I TOTALLY forgot that I found out about it on BHM. I belonged to that site (still do actually) and someone was talking about LHCF. I pulled up the site and that was it!

I joined a natural hair site (yes, that one) because I was frustrated with the state of my relaxed hair. They talked about ya'll like dogs so my curiosity got the best of me and I took a peek. I wish I had done that BEFORE I BC'd because I never would have gone natural if I had found you guys first!

I have been a member of Nappturality for a while, and I came across lhcf mentioned in a thread there. I stalked for a month and joined yesterday.

I have a long story. i wish i had gotten it quick like you guys!

my hair was always short and natural and i didnt know ho to take care of it. i hated it. but some girls in my dance class had long natural hair. one was apl one was bsl and one WL. they had hair was kinky as mine so i wondered why cant my hair grow?

so for a few months i began to research black hair growth. oddly i could not find much info except "black women rejoice" which i was convinced was good and real. my mom wouldnt let me buy something on the internet at the time so i couldnt get it. so i moved on to cathy howse. again i tried to get it but i could not buy it nor could find it in my library.

a few months later after some more google searches i stumbled on to NP. i didnt join but i got a few tips and became very militant in my nappiness.i forced nappiness on others. after a while people told me: if nappy is the way to go why is your hair still short and dry. obviously i wasnt getting enough tips for my hair.

i then found LHCF for the first time before you had to pay but it was just a month or two before subscriptions started so i thought it would be useless to join and not be able to pay when subscriptions started. then i found BHM and officially started my hair journey. and i got alot of info there. i also got some bad info which led me to ruin my hair but its all good now. i made an non paying account here during that time.

finally when i became 17 i was able to buy stuff on the internet so i just saved my lunch money and payed my subscription. i love it here and have gotten very good info and finally i can get my grow on in 09.

I decided that I was ready to regrow my hair, and that I wanted it to be at least tailbone length and possibly classic. So I typed in "support for growing long hair". LHCF, as well as other sites that I visit regularly popped up, and I have not looked back.

After being newly relaxed... about a year and a half, my silly behind went and got hair color. Needless to say, it took me some time to get my hair back on track. This was in 06. Once i got it growing, i was searching for ways to keep it growing because i didn't want anymore set backs. This was the first website that popped up on google and i've been coming here ever since.

Funny... I was googling for the best way to perm my looooong since natural hair. I haven't had a perm in about 13 years. And I found this site. I joined researching the perm. Would I self perm? Would I go to a stylist? Lye? No lye? Yeah, so instead, I totally fell in love with my natural curls once I started treating my hair well. And now I just want to grow my natural hair to my waist! :lachen: Life is so funny. And I LOVE LHCF.

I was googled remedies for dry hair, and there it was. Honestly, my first thought was: come on, you don't have to do all of that, that's silly! But the more I read, the more everything made sense. And shortly I was HOOKED!!!! I hadnt even seen the ladies progress or fotkis yet! I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present!!!!!!! Thank you all!!!!!!
This is so sweet!

That search engine is golden. That is how I found the site also.

Random internet search after I moved to DC w/ no products and didn't have a stylist. I was looking for info on blowouts & Dominican salons.

Funny, if my flat iron had not broken in my carry on I probably would have continued frying my hair on my own & may not have found LHCF.....(scary thought, actually)

ETA: I had searched for info on healthy hair years ago, back in 2004, but the only site I found was Nappturality. I even joined (but didn't pay). I thought about going natural, but didn't want to cut my hair off & frankly I don't like how a lot of natural styles look & I didn't want to go all deep and political about hair at the time. I thought that the napptural way was the only way, so I kind of put healthy hair out of my thoughts.

I love the diversity of opinions on this site.

Last edited:
I joined a natural hair site (yes, that one) because I was frustrated with the state of my relaxed hair. They talked about ya'll like dogs so my curiosity got the best of me and I took a peek. I wish I had done that BEFORE I BC'd because I never would have gone natural if I had found you guys first!
This made me giggle.
I have been a member of Nappturality for a while, and I came across lhcf mentioned in a thread there. I stalked for a month and joined yesterday.
Welcome.

I remember I was in search of a new shampoo and conditioner so I googled something like what's the best shampoo and conditioner for black hair and it lead me to a bunch of sites. I clicked on motowngirl (I think) which was talking about moisture and protein and it mentioned Aphogee. I then googled Aphogee & started going through the links and youtube videos. The rest is history.

I was google searching for long hair lovers. I used to lurk there years ago. That's where I learned about supplements, MSM henna. I had been on NP for a on and off for several years. When I got serious about growing out the relaxer I wanted to find that supplement info again. I clicked on this site out of curiosity. I think I saw LaLa's hair or Macherieamour's. I was hooked ever since.

I knew that my hair grew because i saw the progress monthly and wondered why it was not longer. I knew that God was so awesome and loving and he WOULD NOT make it possible for all other races hair to grow and not the black race. I google and found Gro Afro Hair Long by Robbin who gave props to lchf. when I got to lchf I never left.

I was/am a member of Black Hair Media Forum I mainly only posted in the Lace Wig section during the time I was active which was about a year or so and then I stopped posting or visiting the forum once I felt I mastered what I needed to know about lace wigs, so I decided to start back and look into their Hair Growth section in November 08 when I made up my mind to start taking better care of my natural hair so it can grow longer and they ladies were always mentioning the other forum "LHCF" and at first I did not know what they were talking about, so after I found out, I came over and lurked and decided to join and I'm so glad I did.

Last edited:
I am a member of BHM as well and it was mentioned there so I came over to check it out. Also a friend over there encouraged me to join, right Tasha:grin:? Thanks girl.

I was on Youtube trying to learn how to cornrow my babies hair.....Don't laugh:look:....Anywho, I saw Macharieamour's video in the corner as a related video. I thought her hair was GORG' of course, went to her site which led me here and I am quite thankful!

I found out about this wonderful forum while shopping at Carol's Daughter in Harlem. I was talking to another nature sista about moisturizing creams and she mentioned that she had gotten many tips about hair care from the forum. After that, when discussing hair care with one of my best friends, she told me that she was a member of the forum. So, I figured that there must be something good about the site and decided to check it out. :yep:

I was looking for healthy hair tips on the net and came across this site! I've been a lurker ever since... :lachen: Now I've finally built up the courage to post! :thumbsup: Instead of just drooling all the beautiful hair on this site!!!

Prior to finding this site I wasn't into healthy hair at all. I visit a certain black gossip site often and read the post about LHCF and Ateya. I did a little searching for details to the story and I've been hooked ever since.

Looking for better hair care habits on the net and came across this site by the way of a the reviews on amazon about Cathy Howse book someone suggested that you can get the same tips or more advice on this site because alot of people complained that sometimes that when you asked her a question , sometimes when she replies back on her web site she can be a bit off putting via rude is what some of the comments but they said her book was very good as far as getting them started on the road to good hair health. Now I don't know how true that is cause I've never asked her a question but that's how I stumbled on this site. That was Feb 08 I became the queen of lurking on this site then just Jan. I've joined and never looked back. But I still plan on buying her book to give to my mother to get her started since I can't get her to join the site.

I was looking for ways to make my hair healthy and did a google search for healthy black hair, or something like that and a thread from this site came up...

I forget exactly how I found Sherrylove and was smitten with the length of her hair. I started stalking her without her knowing and followed her to this place. :grin:

Back