Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still using MT and my hair is getting thicker.:look: My last touch up was on 9/2 and I have 1/4 of NG in some areas and even as much as 1/2 in other areas. I'm going to try to order the Ovation soon. I still have another bottle of MT left.
This is great news Platimum. Excellent! Keep up the good work :up: .

I apply Mega Tek and castor oil to my scalp every day and I only wash my hair once a week. I notice that most people use it as a conditioner. I am wondering if I should just use it as a conditioner. Help a sista out!! Which method are you using and why?

Actually the directions on the Mega Tek bottle say just that -- to use as a conditioner to the full hair then rinse out.

Just last night I started applying the Mega Tek to the total length of my hair with my regular conditioner, rinsed it out and my hair is very soft and silky today.

I"m going to apply the Mega Tek 'straight' to my full hair length about 2-3 times a week and report back on the 2nd week of October. :yep: I made a post about this earlier today. :yep:

Your hair looks great. Did you get a color process too?

I think I am going to buy the OCT. I am currently using MT exclusively. I am noticing thinkness, but I really want more length. I think I am going to use MT four days a week and use OCT three days a week and see what happens.

THanks Girlie! I did a cellophane rinse after my touch -up. I used Adore cherry red and cinnamon. It looks waaaay better in person. I didnt really notice my growth with MT until the tocuh up. Once your hair becomes so think its starts to shrink like crazy. I had my doubts but my touch up cleared all of that up! OCT is not in my budget right now. I have had my Megatek since July and im still not done. I did buy another bottle recently once i noticed kvvet raised their prices:ohwell:.

Okay, if this is a challenge, I'd like to be in it. I can do a month.

My husband picked me up from the hospital today - first schmashogram :blondbooband after asking how were the results (great, no lumps just had a mysterious breast infection a few weeks back 11 years after nursing), he told me that the mailman broke our storm window on the screen door knocking to let us know that we had a package. Now my husband is all distraught because he just had the windows repaired in preparation for the winter. He didn't think to fix the doorbell for the winter, but I digress.

I had to pretend to be upset, talking about suing the post office and they better fix our window or else. Inside, y'all, inside my heart all I was thinking was,

MY STUFF CAME!:bouncegreMY STUFF CAME!

:badgirl:

I am going to pre-poo, wash, DC, air dry and flat iron tonight with Sabino moisture block and then apply my wondrous miracle rapunzel making product.

Watch, I'll be the one in a kabillion that it doesn't work on. (Smack that negativity to the ground, apemay.)

Okay, I'm a little giddy right now. I'm hongry (with an 'o') and I'm alone in the office.

I'll keep ya posted.

:kiss: I'm so glad your home is okay. A broken fence is a God send in comparison to other's who've had damage.

Ummmmm, as for the Mega Tek, "Girl", it would have been 'on' with me and IKE. Remember the car scene in the movie, when 'Tina' (aka Angela Bassett) smacked the mess out of Ike Turner :hardslap: and then told him "Is that all you got?" :lachen:

Hey, don't mess with our Mega Tek and Ovation. It's on for sho' :catfight:

Truly, though Parvani, I'm glad that you're okay. :bighug: Mega Tek and Ovation can be quite easily replaced, but not you and your loved ones.

LOL!!! Next time I need to some help I'm calling you up!!! So you can put the smack down! :grin:

Thanks for the well wishes.

I had my hair wrapped in a scarf for a couple of days and now it seems dry. I thought the satin scarf would help it retain it's moisture. Do you think it could be from the protein in the MT? Has anybody else had that problem? I think I might need to sit under my dryer with my WEN.

My husband picked me up from the hospital today - first schmashogram :blondbooband after asking how were the results (great, no lumps just had a mysterious breast infection a few weeks back 11 years after nursing), he told me that the mailman broke our storm window on the screen door knocking to let us know that we had a package. Now my husband is all distraught because he just had the windows repaired in preparation for the winter. He didn't think to fix the doorbell for the winter, but I digress.

I had to pretend to be upset, talking about suing the post office and they better fix our window or else. Inside, y'all, inside my heart all I was thinking was,

I am going to pre-poo, wash, DC, air dry and flat iron tonight with Sabino moisture block and then apply my wondrous miracle rapunzel making product.

Watch, I'll be the one in a kabillion that it doesn't work on. (Smack that negativity to the ground, apemay.)

Okay, I'm a little giddy right now. I'm hongry (with an 'o') and I'm alone in the office.

I'll keep ya posted.

lol at not really being mad with the mail man, dang what force did he use to break the window???
'
glad your MT came :yay:

but i think one month is not enough usage,atleast try it out for 3 months :)

I'll keep ya posted.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Hi ladiesss I have been gon for awhile busy busy I got my curve so I can log on from there Let me tell you guys My mom came over to watch the baby. I took my scarf off so she was like your hair looks thicker By the way my hair is cornrowed My mom never say any thing about my hair surprisingly I took my braids out and wow I got growth from MT in two weeks yes two weeks my DH even notice my growth I wish I knew how to post picture thank you ladies

ok i've been using the ovation for only a week now and i've got some growth already!!!!...........am i crazy ?..... or is this stuff that good ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've use the mega-tek and I got growth.......but not like this !!!!!!

HONEY, THIS OVATION IS THA REAL TRUTH !!!!!!!

ok i've been using the ovation for only a week now and i've got some growth already!!!!...........am i crazy ?..... or is this stuff that good ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome!Your tempting me!!! What Ovation products are you using?

Is anyone else noticing that their MT induced growth is coming in softer and less curly?

LOL!!! not me! my hair is still nappy as a sheeps a...:lachen:

oooh I hope so cause mine is on the way!!!!

Has anyone had better results adding sulfur to their MT?

Does anyone use mix their MT with coconut oil?

Thank you!

I'll keep ya posted.

:lachen:Welcome. :creaturesHappy Growing and don't forget to take before pictures.

I'll keep ya posted.
:lachen::lachen::lachen: That's me right there, when DH is complaining about the economy I'm acting like I'm so upset but what I'm really thinking is about all the stuff I want to buy :grin: I'm so wrong ya'll :spank:

Okay Angels.... :love4:

I'm going to be a 'Guinea Pig' with the Mega Tek. The bottle's directions say to apply it to the hair and then rinse it out.

So........ last night I did this, I applied Mega Tek to the entire length of my hair, massaged my scalp a little; left it on for a little over an hour then I rinsed it out. It was my night to Co-Wash and I just added the Mega Tek to my hair conditioner.

You could say that I DC'd with it, but without heat. The plastic caps I use generate my body heat which is quite sufficient. :lachen:

My hair is super soft today and it's flowing .... :yep:

At least twice a week, I"m going to apply the Mega Tek 'only' to the entire length of my hair and post results, let say, 2nd week of October. Okay?

I will be rinsing; this is still way too much protein to keep on the length of anyone's hair. :yep: Mega Tek is still a product made for horses and if anyone remembers back in the day when weaves started to evolve from the bss, how coarse horse hair can be. :yep:

I've learned that there's a reason that both of these product's directions say to rinse. Perhaps they 'know' something about their products.... :scratchch: Hmmmmm :yep: Soooo, I'll be rinsing; no more sheds. :nono:

For each of you :flowers:

I can't wait to hear about the results.

:lachen:
Okay Angels.... :love4:

I'm going to be a 'Guinea Pig' with the Mega Tek. The bottle's directions say to apply it to the hair and then rinse it out.

So........ last night I did this, I applied Mega Tek to the entire length of my hair, massaged my scalp a little; left it on for a little over an hour then I rinsed it out. It was my night to Co-Wash and I just added the Mega Tek to my hair conditioner.

You could say that I DC'd with it, but without heat. The plastic caps I use generate my body heat which is quite sufficient. :lachen:

My hair is super soft today and it's flowing .... :yep:

At least twice a week, I"m going to apply the Mega Tek 'only' to the entire length of my hair and post results, let say, 2nd week of October. Okay?

I will be rinsing; this is still way too much protein to keep on the length of anyone's hair. :yep: Mega Tek is still a product made for horses and if anyone remembers back in the day when weaves started to evolve from the bss, how coarse horse hair can be. :yep:

I've learned that there's a reason that both of these product's directions say to rinse. Perhaps they 'know' something about their products.... :scratchch: Hmmmmm :yep: Soooo, I'll be rinsing; no more sheds. :nono:

For each of you :flowers:

Well my headache went away and never came back :yay:! First of all after applying ONLY MT to my hair on Monday night I took my wig off last night to apply the treatment again and BOY was there a difference!!! Prior to using MT I was using MTG with frequent MN/Cortizone/and Capsaicin treatments. MTG leaves my hair reeeeeeally curly and soft. (I also wash with Sumptuous Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner by Nexxus so that could have been the reason for the softness but I digress...). But like many past MTG users the smell and oilness can be annoying (the oil espiacally because it gets in my weave and I be damned if anything messes with my weave...:lachen:)...Anyway, back to the update, I applied MT Monday, took the wig off last night and my hair was so dry, coarse, and thick! I know that's what MT does but Jeez Laweez! It was such a difference from what I have been use to with my homeboy MTG. My hair was FULL! So what I did last night was mix the MTG and MT together. I am going to see how my hair feels tomorrow night.

I have also added MSM and Biotin to the act! Just started today! I am also looking into getting OT to mix with the MTG and MT. But then I have been reading about Boundless Tresses....So many products for only one head! I can't choose! Now that I am back to being faithful with my regime, I am going to post pics because, though I haven't been consistent, I have seen lots of growth since stumbling upon the recipes on this thread back in March.

Actually the directions on the Mega Tek bottle say just that -- to use as a conditioner to the full hair then rinse out.

Just last night I started applying the Mega Tek to the total length of my hair with my regular conditioner, rinsed it out and my hair is very soft and silky today.

I"m going to apply the Mega Tek 'straight' to my full hair length about 2-3 times a week and report back on the 2nd week of October. :yep: I made a post about this earlier today. :yep:

Doesn't it also say on the bottle that you can leave it on?

Sorry ladies anotha q, if i cnt get hold of alter ego products in uk is taking garlic tabs only sufficient 4 shedding? TIA

:lachen:

Well my headache went away and never came back :yay:! First of all after applying ONLY MT to my hair on Monday night I took my wig off last night to apply the treatment again and BOY was there a difference!!! Prior to using MT I was using MTG with frequent MN/Cortizone/and Capsaicin treatments. MTG leaves my hair reeeeeeally curly and soft. (I also wash with Sumptuous Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner by Nexxus so that could have been the reason for the softness but I digress...). But like many past MTG users the smell and oilness can be annoying (the oil espiacally because it gets in my weave and I be damned if anything messes with my weave...:lachen:)...Anyway, back to the update, I applied MT Monday, took the wig off last night and my hair was so dry, coarse, and thick! I know that's what MT does but Jeez Laweez! It was such a difference from what I have been use to with my homeboy MTG. My hair was FULL! So what I did last night was mix the MTG and MT together. I am going to see how my hair feels tomorrow night.

I have also added MSM and Biotin to the act! Just started today! I am also looking into getting OT to mix with the MTG and MT. But then I have been reading about Boundless Tresses....So many products for only one head! I can't choose! Now that I am back to being faithful with my regime, I am going to post pics because, though I haven't been consistent, I have seen lots of growth since stumbling upon the recipes on this thread back in March.
Be careful angel. :giveheart: This sounds like so much to put onto one's head and hair.

Sulfur (MTG which is very strong).
MSM - More Sulfur
Boundless Tresses - More Sulfur

And to mix it with Mega Tek (strong protein).

And then possibly adding OCT (strong protein)

And then to wear a wig on top of all of this not allowing your scalp to breathe........

I dunno, :nono: all of this on top of a headache. This is too much, you're endangering your health and your hair.

I'll keep ya posted.
:yahoo2: Yayyyyyyyyyy! for you . Keep us posted on your progress!

I've been happy and was very content using my MT, but the other night, I was sucked into ordering Ovation.

I was up too late reading the board, and you know when you're half sleep, you're also half crazy. :spinning:

I got my wallet and ordered the Ovation and two days later it's here! My doorbell just rang and I found it there on my doormat. :lick:

Can't wait to get it on my scalp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back