Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful angel. :giveheart: This sounds like so much to put onto one's head and hair.

Sulfur (MTG which is very strong).
MSM - More Sulfur
Boundless Tresses - More Sulfur

And to mix it with Mega Tek (strong protein).

And then possibly adding OCT (strong protein)

And then to wear a wig on top of all of this not allowing your scalp to breathe........

I dunno, :nono: all of this on top of a headache. This is too much, you're endangering your health and your hair.

No, no, no! I will not use them all at one time! Heck no! Plus I take that wig off as SOON as I get in the house! I am still considering what to use and just stick to that. I am trying to find the best effective combo for me. My edges are extremely damaged so I need mad help. There are just too many options to choose from! I am just happy that I have the options:drunk:.

If I decided to wash out the MT (which I probably will) can I do a co-wash or shampoo? I don't really want to be shampooing my hair too often...

Don't feel bad, the same thing happened to me. I've been using MT for about three weeks now and it's a lot thicker. But I want the length. My OCT order should be here today. I plan to alternate the two into my nightly co wash/oiling regimen....

If I decided to wash out the MT (which I probably will) can I do a co-wash or shampoo? I don't really want to be shampooing my hair too often...

I cowash 100% of the time, shampoo 0% of the time, so I think that should be fine. I do occasionally use either baking soda to clarify, or ayurvedics to give my scalp a GOOD deep cleansing - but I was doing that before the MT, as well.

Is anyone else noticing that their MT induced growth is coming in softer and less curly?

SmartyPants--I noticed this too. Well, at least the softness and a texture change. My curls seems to be more defined, and I guess a bit more loose, or stretched out--so yeah, basically less curly. I am in braids, so it is hard to fully tell, but some of the loose hair that came out did in fact seem a different texture--not as much frizz.

I got my hair re-braided yesterday, and me and the braider both could tell that my hair was a lot softer. I think this is a result of the MT and also the Cowboy Magic products I used to wash. I think horse products are my holy grail!

Last edited:
I cowash 100% of the time, shampoo 0% of the time, so I think that should be fine. I do occasionally use either baking soda to clarify, or ayurvedics to give my scalp a GOOD deep cleansing - but I was doing that before the MT, as well.

Okay, thanks. :yep:

No, no, no! I will not use them all at one time! Heck no! Plus I take that wig off as SOON as I get in the house! I am still considering what to use and just stick to that. I am trying to find the best effective combo for me. My edges are extremely damaged so I need mad help. There are just too many options to choose from! I am just happy that I have the options:drunk:.
:kiss: Okay.... I'm sorry for not reading your post correctly.

But girl, you know how some of these recipes can be.... :thud: :lachen:

I''ve used a lot of combinations of my own and the best seems to be using the MT and Ovation straight without any addtions and then rinsing it out.

Both products will definitely fill in your edges (hair line) very nicely. :yep:

My hairline was a little thin too, but now I have smooth and fine baby hair all over the place. :yep: I attribute this to both Ovation and Mega Tek. :up:

For your edges just mix a little Castor Oil or Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil or even Coconut oil. I think you'll like the results.

Even with the softness of the MT and the Ovation, I still have to put a little oil on my hair while its still wet, so that it stays smooth throughout the day (and night). :yep:

After my MT/OCT treatments are rinsed out, and while my hair is still wet, I also oil my nap area and hairline edges to keep them moistened;

I also 'seal' my hair ends with Castor oil to keep them from breaking and to protect my new hair length,

Whatever oil is left on my hands, I just smooth it over the rest of my hair to keep it laying down. Otherwise..........'Don King' appears. :lachen:

Yes, indeed you can do a co-wash. :yep: :up:

I always do . I have a huge stash of my favorite conditioners so that I will never ever run out. I shampoo only once a month. :yep:

I've been happy and was very content using my MT, but the other night, I was sucked into ordering Ovation.

I was up too late reading the board, and you know when you're half sleep, you're also half crazy. :spinning:

I got my wallet and ordered the Ovation and two days later it's here! My doorbell just rang and I found it there on my doormat. :lick:

Can't wait to get it on my scalp!
Same thing happened to me. I was strictly using Ovation. But one night I spent some time to read the threads that I hasd missed in the other posts and then ended up going online and purchasing the Mega Tek.

Shoot................. :lol:

But it was worth it. :yep: Well worth it :yep:

so I jumped on the mega-tek bandwagon right after my last touch up....which was approximatley 3 weeks ago. I need a touch-up again!!!!!!!! maybe I'm seeing things but my roots are brillo pads and that never happens. I ususally touch every 2-3 months if that. Additionally, I have weak edges and haven't really seen a marked improvement there just yet but do hope it fills in.

So far, I use the product as follows:

wash as usual, then part my hair w/ a apply MT directly to my scalp (I use the checker board pattern...part straight back and appy then across and apply) Then I apply my regular conditioner to my hair, baggy and sit under the dryer for 10-15 minutes-rinse/apply leave-ins and roller set and I'm done. Towards the middle of the week, I blend MT w/ my oils and apply lightly to my scallp and apply my moisturzer to my hair. I have no breakage or anything...so far I like th product. I'll post my progress pics once I get to 6 weeks.

Last edited:
so I jumped on the mega-tek bandwagon right after my last touch up....which was approximatley 3 weeks ago. I need a touch-up again!!!!!!!! maybe I'm seeing things but my roots are brillo pads and that never happens. I ususally touch every 2-3 months if that. Additionally, I have weak edges and haven't really seen a marked improvement there just yet but do hope it fills in.

So far, I use the product as follows:

wash as usual, then part my hair w/ a apply MT directly to my scalp (I use the checker board pattern...part straight back and appy then across and apply) Then I apply my regular conditioner to my hair, baggy and sit under the dryer for 10-15 minutes-rinse/apply leave-ins and roller set and I'm done. Towards the middle of the week, I blend MT w/ my oils and apply lightly to my scallp and apply my moisturzer to my hair. I have no breakage or anything...so far I like th product. I'll post my progress pics once I get to 6 weeks.
Great, I wish you 85 inches of new growth in 2 weeks. Yep :yep:

Thank you. :urock:
Awwww, :urock: too angel. :kiss:

Have fun growing your new and beautiful hair. Enjoy your favorite hair conditioners. Just stay away from those with protein. There's already a lot of protein in the Mega Tek and the Ovation.

We're gonna have a real hair party here in December; we'll all be doing this :rocker:

u just had to put this on here and temp me huh? lol:lick: now i want to buy OCT!:yep: but i will wait until i use my MT first. do i have to buy the whole system for it to work or can i just buy the cell therapy?
:lol: Sorry Darlin' :kiss:

You don't have to use the entire system. Although I have the system, I only use the Cell Therapy which is the 'Growth Product'. :yep:

Their entire hair system is wonderful and I DO like it a lot, but Save your money. You only need the Cell Therapy and your hair will still grow.

Always remember, we are after the Hair GROWTH, not the product. Buy only what works and what we need; we don't have to impress anyone with how much money we spent. Shoot, I love wearing shoes too much and my babies still have to eat. :lol:

I use my other favorite conditioners -- no protein - (Organix, Nexxus, and some others).

When I do shampoo (about once a month), I use a favorite which does not have protein.

Happy Healthy Hair Growing to you.... Do the Hair Dance - :rocker: :lol:

Last edited:
My hair is more flyaway. I don't think it's any less curly, but it's definitely softer. :yep:

Mine too! It's so soft I thought it was just reversion until I flat ironed last weekend to be sure. It's NG. Kiya, you make me want to go natural again...I miss my "real" hair... *sigh*

I love your hair...

cj

:lol: Sorry Darlin' :kiss:

You don't have to use the entire system. Although I have the system, I only use the Cell Therapy which is the 'Growth Product'. :yep:

Their entire hair system is wonderful and I DO like it a lot, but Save your money. You only need the Cell Therapy and your hair will still grow.

Always remember, we are after the Hair GROWTH, not the product. Buy only what works and what we need; we don't have to impress anyone with how much money we spent. Shoot, I love wearing shoes too much and my babies still have to eat. :lol:

I use my other favorite conditioners -- no protein - (Organix, Nexxus, and some others).

When I do shampoo (about once a month), I use a favorite which does not have protein.

Happy Healthy Hair Growing to you.... Do the Hair Dance - :rocker: :lol:

Ok thankz and i was asking because i read that some people who had OCT had the system because that is the one that is like $100. But yea if i do buy OCT it will only be the cell therapy....Gurl when i start using this MT and it works i will be doing this:rocker:and:drool: lol.

I put 'The Stuff' on my scalp last night, mega-saged and put on a spritz of conditioner and water. I have to find something that doesn't have protein in it.

Does Jessi curl deep conditioner have protein:
Water infused with Lemongrass, Nettle, Burdock, Kelp,Marshmallow Root, Horsetail, Basil, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Rosemary, Peppermint,Sage, and Thyme; Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Cocoa Butter, Lecithin, Aloe Vera Powder, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Are any of these ingredients protein? The urea maybe?

Anywho, I almost bought a relaxer to do over the weekend. I ended up running into a picture of bubblinbrown and I'll stick with it.:grin:

Transitioning kinda sucks sometimes.

I put 'The Stuff' on my scalp last night, mega-saged and put on a spritz of conditioner and water. I have to find something that doesn't have protein in it.

Does Jessi curl deep conditioner have protein:
Water infused with Lemongrass, Nettle, Burdock, Kelp,Marshmallow Root, Horsetail, Basil, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Rosemary, Peppermint,Sage, and Thyme; Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Cocoa Butter, Lecithin, Aloe Vera Powder, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Are any of these ingredients protein? The urea maybe?

Anywho, I almost bought a relaxer to do over the weekend. I ended up running into a picture of bubblinbrown and I'll stick with it.:grin:

Transitioning kinda sucks sometimes.

Nah, the urea is a preservative, and even if it was a protein, that close to the bottom of the list, it wouldn't make any difference.

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. 08

Hi Darlin :kiss:

You do what's right for you, okay? I was just on product and application overload.

The 3 times a week and lot's of prayer :pray: is what helps me grow.

Joib, I'll be quite honest, I'm too busy to do this everyday/night... I had to Stop the maddness! :thud: :lol:

My prayer for you is a healthy regime that works best for you.

God bless you beautiful Joib and may your hair grow so fast and so long, you won't remember what it was like to be APL or BSL...:yep:

You are the sweetest:yep:.

Off topic...Weaveologist, that hair is hot! I may steal that style.

Ughh, still looking for someone to sell me their OCT. I know someone got a bottle they are not using under the sink b/c they are using MT now.:ohwell:

I'm talking to you PJ....:grin:

Last edited:
Off topic...Weaveologist, that hair is hot! I may steal that style.

Ughh, still looking for someone to sell me their OCT. I know someone got a bottle they are not using under the sink b/c they are using MT now.:ohwell:

I'm talking to you PJ....:grin:

Jamaicalovely, good luck on finding a bottle for sale. But ya know God is good so I still have hope for ya! :lol:
Do you have a birthday or something coming up? You get put it at the top of your present list!

Jamaicalovely, good luck on finding a bottle for sale. But ya know God is good so I still have hope for ya! :lol:
Do you have a birthday or something coming up? You get put it at the top of your present list!

Yeah, I'm rather persistent and can be annoying. So, I'll know I'll get it from somebody. Someone will get tired of me posting this on here.

My b-day is in Nov...can't wait that long.

Now everybody has me wanting to buy OCT. I still have a whole bottle of Mega-tek to use up. I might have to break down and buy this once i use it up!!!

ok i've been using the ovation for only a week now and i've got some growth already!!!!...........am i crazy ?..... or is this stuff that good ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've use the mega-tek and I got growth.......but not like this !!!!!!

HONEY, THIS OVATION IS THA REAL TRUTH !!!!!!!

nope it's the truth after one week of ovation i had 1 little curl at my scalp.. it is the truth!!

Is it too late to join this challenge??? Please say "No". :prettyplease: I get paid tomorrow so I'll be ready to order....I think I want to tryyyy :rolleyes: Mega-Tek. Not because I know of any real difference between the two but b/c it's cheaper and a sista got bills ookaay :ohsnap:.

~T~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back