Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got mine from valleyvet i think it was 26 dollars but i got the detangling shine too. i got mine in 2 days!

by the way that magic detangling shine is really good

I just ordered some Survivor Super Detangler and can't wait to start using it. :yep: Now that I'm washing more often during the week I will need to detangle. Does it moisturize as well? What does it smell like and does it leave a residue?

Kvvet only took days to deliver Im going to alternate products as they run out so far I've gained about 1/2 in of growth since starting mt on 9/5 my texture is back and it is very very thick I wear it in curls with just water and moisturizing lotion

Kvvet only took days to deliver Im going to alternate products as they run out so far I've gained about 1/2 in of growth since starting mt on 9/5 my texture is back and it is very very thick I wear it in curls with just water and moisturizing lotion

What are you alternating w/ oct?

are we posting progress in december again? if so i need to take new starting pics due to my 3-4 inch setback:sad:..what a drag!! but i know the mt will have it back in no time!!

I think a lot of ladies are noticing that - swift thickness from MT, then length, and swift length from OCT, then thickness.

I think - I think I might break down and get some OCT...... maybe.

Get it...you know you want too!! :poke:

hi ladies

i purchased my mega tek at the tack store 20min from my home , I found this easy because when I placed a order for mega tek I had problem and was charged more. so now when I run out I just get in my car and buy what ever I need, even though my friend think I am crazy from using this stuff, It only been using for 6 days no results yet. I waiting on ordering ovation .

JustKiya said:
Ooooooh Shimmie! :lachen: And sometimes, if you are lucky, things are wide and tall. :look: But you ain't hear that from me. :lol:
:lol: Dat's why we be 'stretchin' all dat' shrinkage. :lachen:

Last edited:
hi ladies

i purchased my mega tek at the tack store 20min from my home , I found this easy because when I placed a order for mega tek I had problem and was charged more. so now when I run out I just get in my car and buy what ever I need, even though my friend think I am crazy from using this stuff, It only been using for 6 days no results yet. I waiting on ordering ovation .
Okay............ I mean like I am sooooooooo jealous :lol: But so happy for you. That's wonderful Kathy and your hair IS growing. :yep: You'll see. Yes you will. :yep:

I actually have been using OCT all along but I is getting kinda expensive so I switched to MT. I have been using it about a week and I see no difference between the two except with the MT I itch way more but that's a good thing. I already have about 1/4 inch of growth just after one week of use.
You know what, I noticed the same when I started the Mega Tek; I noticed that I itched more and the growth was fast; just more thicker than the OCT.

Dandruff- I have not had dandruff in years. Now I have it. Does anyone elase have this problem?

Yes, I have noticed this also... but you know what I not only have the black and blue bottle i also have the black and pink jar of the mega tek and the ovation cell therapy system. What surprised me was that the ingrediants in the pink and black jar matched the ingrediants for the ovation cell therpy, and that pink and black jar works just as good as the ovation cell therapy:grin:

The pink & black jar is the rejuvenator, I think, which was the 'for humans' version first, before they rebranded the whole thing into Ovation....

So are you guys saying the pink adn black jar, the rejuvenator, is exactly the same as OCT? And if this be so, then people who want to try both the MT and OCT, could they just buy the rejuvenator instead of the OCT and get the results they are looking for? 'Cause ummm ya'll might be on to something! There are a whole lot of people wanting to try both and this could really be a great alternative financially if they're exactly the same... Thanks girls. ..

I just ordered a gallon of megatek rebuilder, like 8 bottles of microtek gel and four bottles of super shine detangler.

I am very pleased with the thickness and length that the braids and megatek gave me.

I really have to step up my detangling game. Justkiya helped me out, because I botched things a little. I did a henna treatment/shampoo/dced w/mayo after micros. Ladies don't do it no henna and mayo in the same day and detangle after removing the micros first. I haave never seen so much shed hair but I did have them in for 8 weeks and i was using megatek for 2 of those 8 weeks. HTH.

you're on a roll:yay: welcome

Dandruff- I have not had dandruff in years. Now I have it. Does anyone elase have this problem?

Are you sure its dandruff? It may be build-up.

But wait, now that you mention it, I've been meaning to post that MT initially caused my dermatitis to flair up. I had to wash with Nizoral and apply the medicated oil that the derm provided.

Easypetz/horseloverz.com were the ones with crappy service. They've been pulled off of the vendor list, already.

Oohh, really?! I got my first bottle of MT from them. I got it in like four days or so (I ordered over the weekend). I got the last order from KV vet because of the coupon. I got it pretty quick too. They even sent me a catalog with my order. Too bad I didn't know they had the gallon till after I ordered. That's what I really wanted so I wouldn't have to worry about it for a while. I still might try to get it before Christmas, this MT is making my hair so thick!! It's not as easy to part for oiling and when I braid it at night instead of the three braids I could do at first in a ponytail, it's up to about eight!!! I've been using for about three weeks now and at first it was three, then up to four, then six then seven and now eight!! I don't I have the growth yet but maybe I do since I have curly hair with major shinkage. I plan to get my hair done by my mom's beautician and I will be sure to take lots of pics. I was going to go to the Egyptians but I'm afraid they will kill my hair. I don't want any setbacks.:nono2:

Ok, My Mega Tek Came in yesterday and I got to work mixing up my stuff. Since my hair is super dry and doesnt like too much protein, I made my batch with some moisturizing properties.

3 oz Mega Tek
2 oz Avocado Oil
1 oz Aloe Very Gel Juice (not the sticky gel)
2 Drops of each:
-Cedarwood Essential Oil
-Thyme EO
- Rosemary EO
- Lavender EO

4 Drops of each:
-Phytokeratin (Penetrates deep into the hair and skin to enhance the moisture binding ability)
- Cranberry Peach Vanilla Fragrance
1/2 tsp of Guava powder (Adheres to each strand of hair’s surface and creates rich volume to hair)

Let me just say that my hair LOVES it. It moisturizes beautifully, and I cant wait to see the long term results!:grin:

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked a million times but that other thread is too long to sift thru. i bought some oct this morning bc my hair grows at a slow pace. 1/4 a month which equates to only 3 inches a year. that sux!!! so i saw that justkiya grows slowly like me but since she started mt she's averaging 3/4 a month. that is awesome. so i jus want to know the pace ur hair grew compared to after using oct or mt. i know everyone will not get the same results bc everyone is different but i would love to hear a/b the ladies who grow at a pace like me but their growth has accelerated twice or even three times as fast... TIA
I think my hair was growing between 1/4 and 1/8 really slow. I mean I was lucky if I got 3 inches a year. thats why i am still at shoulders length after two years and 6 months. but since using MT I am averaging between 3/4 and 1 inch. Only I had a set back and don't have the proof yet. we will see in October.

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. 08

:kiss: Precious Lady, I can't even thank you, at least not with words, the right words for you coming in here to share this.

However, I can pray for God to 'perfect' all that surrounds and concerns you. To Perfect your hair growth, it's health, it's beauty, and it's length and thickness. That you will never be a minute late for all that you have to do, and where you have to be...not ever. That love will be parked at your feet, eternally. For you truly walk in love. :yep:

I pray God's favor and blessings over your time for 'you' and your husband and family.

Your hair WILL Grow! It Will! And the time you spend on it will lessen; your regime will be tailor fit -- fitly joined to your frame in time, mind and money.

I'm still learning and all of us here will continue to learn together and share; for we each have a "Hair" twin here among each other, whose regime will fit the other.

We may all share different views and different Hair, but we will always share the same heart. Your post and YOUR TIME you took to post it, proves just that. We here are all 'one.'

So, Beautiful One, Grow that beautiful Hair and let it swing :rocker: to your individual Melodie.

Love and blessings to you and yours... :love2:

Hi Shimmie,

I will be changing my regi. Thank you. I was applying it to my scalp daily/ every other day and washing once per week. I will try applying and rinsing like you said. I think your hair is beautiful and coming along quite nicely. Your growth is incredible. Keep up the good work:grin:.

I just ordered some Survivor Super Detangler and can't wait to start using it. :yep: Now that I'm washing more often during the week I will need to detangle. Does it moisturize as well? What does it smell like and does it leave a residue?

I LOVE how it smells! LOVE it. It reminds me a lot of castor oil, honestly - I've een mixing it with castor oil and using it to seal. I tried using it to detangle - but, meh. I might have been using too much, or something, as my hair wasn't fond of it.

Get it...you know you want too!! :poke:

:look: Don't encourage me! :lol:

:lol: Dat's why we be 'stretchin' all dat' shrinkage. :lachen:

:lachen: Indeedly!

Oooh - you sure it's dandruff and not build-up? Actually, either way, I'd say you might need to rinse/wash more often - dandruff is skin that is unhappy, for some reason. Or! Oh! Put a couples of drops of tea tree oil (assuming you aren't allergic) in your MT. That should knock it out swiftly.

So are you guys saying the pink adn black jar, the rejuvenator, is exactly the same as OCT? And if this be so, then people who want to try both the MT and OCT, could they just buy the rejuvenator instead of the OCT and get the results they are looking for? 'Cause ummm ya'll might be on to something! There are a whole lot of people wanting to try both and this could really be a great alternative financially if they're exactly the same... Thanks girls. ..

What is the black and pink container is it exactly like oct

*thinks* There are two black and pink jars.
The one that is still being currently sold is for pets, and has the same ingredients as MT - though there was some debate about concentration, etc - there's a thread around here, several ladies are using the pet version with no problems.

There was another one that they used to sell, and was discontinued, called the Eqyss (or Mega-Tek) Rejuvenator, that was also pink and black, and had the same ingredients as Ovation. I think they stopped making that one when they started making Ovation Cell Therapy.

The Rejuvenator is almost impossible to find - I think LondonDiva found a dude who had a stockpile of it, back in April, or so - there's a thread around here, if someone wants to do a search on it. Sometimes you can find a bottle or two on eBay, too.

Hello all,

I recieved my Mega Tek yesterday, applied it to my scalp, and....I HAVE HAD A HEADACHE EVER SINCE!!!! So I took some Tylenol this morning hoping that it was just something I ate and the head ache came back about two hours ago.

Is this normal??? Somebody help because I really want to use this product but I don't know whether I ate something yesterday that is making me sick or if its the Mega Tek! Did anybody feel this way when first using Mega Tek.

If this issue was already addressed in this forum, I apologize for being too lazy to look amongst the pages. Plus my head hurt too bad to look at the computer screen too long!

I apply Mega Tek directly and don't wash it out for at least 3 days
Never had a headache but I am sorry this happened to you.:nono:

My black bottle has blue writing.

Hello all,

I recieved my Mega Tek yesterday, applied it to my scalp, and....I HAVE HAD A HEADACHE EVER SINCE!!!! So I took some Tylenol this morning hoping that it was just something I ate and the head ache came back about two hours ago.

Is this normal??? Somebody help because I really want to use this product but I don't know whether I ate something yesterday that is making me sick or if its the Mega Tek! Did anybody feel this way when first using Mega Tek.

If this issue was already addressed in this forum, I apologize for being too lazy to look amongst the pages. Plus my head hurt too bad to look at the computer screen too long!

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. 08

Hi Shimmie,

I will be changing my regi. Thank you. I was applying it to my scalp daily/ every other day and washing once per week. I will try applying and rinsing like you said. I think your hair is beautiful and coming along quite nicely. Your growth is incredible. Keep up the good work:grin:.
Hi Darlin :kiss:

You do what's right for you, okay? I was just on product and application overload.

The 3 times a week and lot's of prayer :pray: is what helps me grow.

Joib, I'll be quite honest, I'm too busy to do this everyday/night... I had to Stop the maddness! :thud: :lol:

My prayer for you is a healthy regime that works best for you.

God bless you beautiful Joib and may your hair grow so fast and so long, you won't remember what it was like to be APL or BSL...:yep:

Last edited:
Hello all,

I don't know why this has occurred. Perhaps you are super sensitive to an ingredient? Maybe it's just coincidence? When is the last time you had your eyes checked (especially if you use the computer and text alot).
That could give you a headache for sure!

I apply Mega Tek directly and don't wash it out for at least 3 days
Never had a headache but I am sorry this happened to you.:nono:

My black bottle has blue writing.

We have the same bottle.

I don't know why this has occurred. Perhaps you are super sensitive to an ingredient? Maybe it's just coincidence? When is the last time you had your eyes checked (especially if you use the computer and text alot).
That could give you a headache for sure!

Well I am wearing my glasses. What I will do is wait until my second application to see if it happens again. I sure hope it doesn't because I was soooo excited about joining the challenge!

Hello all,

Weaveologist, you have nothing to fear and definitely nothing to apologize for. This is seriouly important and needs immediate attention.

For you I would advise applying the product to your hair ONLY (as it says on the Mega Tek bottle instructions). Leave it on for just a few minutes and then rinse it out.

First of all, DO NOT PANICK! If the headache persits, see your doctor. It could very well be something else. It's always good to 'rule out' other causes/reasons for things that occur in our bodies.

Sometimes, we have so much stress going on that a headache occurs because we have high concerns and high expections with a new product and a headache occurs from the stress of this. Okay?

With all of the tension, our blood vessels start to constrict and tense up and the headache is the result. Also the reasons behind our wanting and striving so hard to grow our hair long. We begin to see a product as our 'last' resort for nothing else worked for us before.

Here........:bighug: Let's not fear, but get to the cause and effect. AND know this. Mega Tek and Ovation are NOT the gods of growing long hair....God is for "God is the one and only one who created your hair with you inside.

So......... let's go slow. Your hair will STILL grow, I promise you, it' will. :yep: We're not having a competition here. There isn't a woman walking the face of this earth that does not have a hair challenge. No matter how long, how short, how thick or thin her hair may be, every woman upon this earth has a hair challenge. If they didn't they wouldn't be here trying to fix it or keep it or to enhance it. Every woman. :yep:

Personally, I've had so many set-backs, but I can tell you that God is faithful and whatever YOUR specific needs are, He has already made provision for them to be within your reach and affordability.

Weaveologist , please don't worry about this anymore. If it turns out to be the product, God has something else that He wants you to use. It's the hair we are after, not the product. Okay?

:kiss: Be at peace precious one. Be at peace. :giveheart: Start slow, your beautiful hair will still grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back