Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I recieved my Mega Tek yesterday, applied it to my scalp, and....I HAVE HAD A HEADACHE EVER SINCE!!!! So I took some Tylenol this morning hoping that it was just something I ate and the head ache came back about two hours ago.

Is this normal??? Somebody help because I really want to use this product but I don't know whether I ate something yesterday that is making me sick or if its the Mega Tek! Did anybody feel this way when first using Mega Tek.

If this issue was already addressed in this forum, I apologize for being too lazy to look amongst the pages. Plus my head hurt too bad to look at the computer screen too long!

I'd suspect you are using too much. When I use a LOT - and I do mean a LOT - I get a headache - it feels like my head is full of too much blood, or something. I've only done it once or twice - I'd ramp down how MUCH you use, and start only using it a couple of day a week.
For right now, I'd suggest rinsing/cleaning your scalp, and starting over. You only need to use a TINY bit.

Weaveologist, you have nothing to fear and definitely nothing to apologize for. This is seriouly important and needs immediate attention.

For you I would advise applying the product to your hair ONLY (as it says on the Mega Tek bottle instructions). Leave it on for just a few minutes and then rinse it out.

First of all, DO NOT PANICK! If the headache persits, see your doctor. It could very well be something else. It's always good to 'rule out' other causes/reasons for things that occur in our bodies.

Sometimes, we have so much stress going on that a headache occurs because we have high concerns and high expections with a new product and a headache occurs from the stress of this. Okay?

With all of the tension, our blood vessels start to constrict and tense up and the headache is the result. Also the reasons behind our wanting and striving so hard to grow our hair long. We begin to see a product as our 'last' resort for nothing else worked for us before.

Here........:bighug: Let's not fear, but get to the cause and effect. AND know this. Mega Tek and Ovation are NOT the gods of growing long hair....God is for "God is the one and only one who created your hair with you inside.

So......... let's go slow. Your hair will STILL grow, I promise you, it' will. :yep: We're not having a competition here. There isn't a woman walking the face of this earth that does not have a hair challenge. No matter how long, how short, how thick or thin her hair may be, every woman upon this earth has a hair challenge. If they didn't they wouldn't be here trying to fix it or keep it or to enhance it. Every woman. :yep:

Personally, I've had so many set-backs, but I can tell you that God is faithful and whatever YOUR specific needs are, He has already made provision for them to be within your reach and affordability.

Weaveologist , please don't worry about this anymore. If it turns out to be the product, God has something else that He wants you to use. It's the hair we are after, not the product. Okay?

:kiss: Be at peace precious one. Be at peace. :giveheart: Start slow, your beautiful hair will still grow.

Oh my word:perplexed. I am such a retard. I read the whole bottle and did not see the part about putting it on your hair only! That's why I'm so sick! I left out the part about me feeling dizzy and throwing up last night because I didn't want to put any fear out there! Now I know why! I am going to run home after work and wash my hair bc my head is bangin:wallbash:! Reading is fundamental.

I'd suspect you are using too much. When I use a LOT - and I do mean a LOT - I get a headache - it feels like my head is full of too much blood, or something. I've only done it once or twice - I'd ramp down how MUCH you use, and start only using it a couple of day a week.
For right now, I'd suggest rinsing/cleaning your scalp, and starting over. You only need to use a TINY bit.

Okay that could be it too because I did make sure my scalp was saturated! Thank God all I have is a headache. Shimmie should add this info to her rules for newbies for those of us like me!!...lol..Thank God for this board though. I knew you ladies would have some answers for me.

Okay that could be it too because I did make sure my scalp was saturated! Thank God all I have is a headache. Shimmie should add this info to her rules for newbies for those of us like me!!...lol..Thank God for this board though. I knew you ladies would have some answers for me.

did you just put in on your scalp?

if yes, that is not bad.

I use Mega Tek every day along with castor oil and I was wondering if it's too much!!! I notice some people use Mega Tek as a conditioner or leave it in over night but I apply it to my scalp every day and wash once a week!!!!!! Please tell me what you think!!!! What's working for you!!!

I apply Mega Tek and castor oil to my scalp every day and I only wash my hair once a week. I notice that most people use it as a conditioner. I am wondering if I should just use it as a conditioner. Help a sista out!! Which method are you using and why?

:lachen: DSD, you explained much better than I could. I can say that Mega Tek gives more hair in volume than we have words to explain it.

It's like this...the fatter sumpin' is, the shorter it 'seems', but it's not really short, just wide. But when sumpin is thin, the longer (or taller) it appears.

Now........Don't be askin' me how I know dat.... :nono2: :rolleyes: :sekret:

LOL...I was going to say I don't have to ask because I thought of 1 situation where it applied.......then I thought of another:grin:

I apply Mega Tek and castor oil to my scalp every day and I only wash my hair once a week. I notice that most people use it as a conditioner. I am wondering if I should just use it as a conditioner. Help a sista out!! Which method are you using and why?

I don't use it down my hair or as a dc and definately not overnight because I just got over a protein overload and I don't want to go back!! But I don't think it can be any stronger than aphogee 2 step. If you need protein i'd put it in and wash it out but I wouldn't use it that way and then use another hardcore protein.

Evalina1,
I use it the exact same way. I've tried to wash my hair more than once per week but it just ain't happening. I have 4b hair so everytime I wash, it is a 2 hour process from pre-conditioning, to clarifying, to shampooing, deep conditioning, applying the leave in, MT and castor oil to my natural hair and braiding it up so that it doesn't turn into a big ole' dread lock (Phew, it makes me tired just talking about it). :perplexed

I use Mega Tek every day along with castor oil and I was wondering if it's too much!!! I notice some people use Mega Tek as a conditioner or leave it in over night but I apply it to my scalp every day and wash once a week!!!!!! Please tell me what you think!!!! What's working for you!!!

I don't use it as a conditioner - my hair doesn't need that much protein, at all. I apply to my scalp, every night, and I DC/wash my hair twice a week. That's it. :lol:

I got tree braids today. I just did my first application of megatek in an applicator bottle. I am pleased. I love how the tree braids turned out.

Hey Ladies,

I finally got my touch up after a nine week stretcfh (longest ever!!) Here are some comparison pics. The first one is from July and the current is September. I love MT. I feel like im getting thickness and growth simultaneously. I also have been getting compliments on how full my hair is!! I dont think i'll be switching to OCT just yet.:grin:

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 22
Hey Ladies,

I finally got my touch up after a nine week stretcfh (longest ever!!) Here are some comparison pics. The first one is from July and the current is September. I love MT. I feel like im getting thickness and growth simultaneously. I also have been getting compliments on how full my hair is!! I dont think i'll be switching to OCT just yet.:grin:

Wow i can see the difference, that's great Virgo.

I love this thread, i have to try the OCT myself.

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. 08

Shimmie:

You are such a sweetheart. You have to be one of the most positive people I've ever encountered. I get a big smile reading your posts!:grin:

Hey Ladies,

Your hair looks great. Did you get a color process too?

I think I am going to buy the OCT. I am currently using MT exclusively. I am noticing thinkness, but I really want more length. I think I am going to use MT four days a week and use OCT three days a week and see what happens.

I'm sorry, this may have been answered but I looked and didnt see it so... is it OK to relax your hair like regular even if you applied MegaTek the night before and didn't wash out?? Or should you wait a couple days and then relax??

I'm sorry, this may have been answered but I looked and didnt see it so... is it OK to relax your hair like regular even if you applied MegaTek the night before and didn't wash out?? Or should you wait a couple days and then relax??

I just relaxed, and I had MT on my scalp from the night before. I also used MT on the length, AFTER I rinsed the relaxer & BEFORE the neutralizing shampoo. I let it sit for a few mins. then shampooed as usual. The result was silky straight strong hair. LOL & NO IT DIDN'T REVERT. I didn't use MT on my scalp that night, but I did the next day with no problems what so ever.

Thanks for the sweet thoughts Shimmie, JustKiya, and Rhapsdyblu! I appreciate you all.

God is good and we are blessed!!!! Our house is fine. No roof damage. Our wooden fence broke in a couple of places and we had a little bit of water damage, but we got that cleaned up. No windows broke so my MT was in its secret hiding place!!! You know I had to put it up!

So I'm back on my grind and waiting for this hair to grow!

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. 08

Shimmie:

You are such a sweetheart. You have to be one of the most positive people I've ever encountered. I get a big smile reading your posts!:grin:
Awwwww, :kiss: Thank you.

Ummmmmm, that's cause I've had my coffee.

On the days when I don't.....I cannot be held accountable. :rolleyes: :crybaby: :lachen:

God bless you beautiful and thank you for making my day brighter. :giveheart:

Thanks for the sweet thoughts Shimmie, JustKiya, and Rhapsdyblu! I appreciate you all.

God is good and we are blessed!!!! Our house is fine. No roof damage. Our wooden fence broke in a couple of places and we had a little bit of water damage, but we got that cleaned up. No windows broke so my MT was in its secret hiding place!!! You know I had to put it up!

:kiss: I'm so glad your home is okay. A broken fence is a God send in comparison to other's who've had damage.

Ummmmm, as for the Mega Tek, "Girl", it would have been 'on' with me and IKE. Remember the car scene in the movie, when 'Tina' (aka Angela Bassett) smacked the mess out of Ike Turner :hardslap: and then told him "Is that all you got?" :lachen:

Hey, don't mess with our Mega Tek and Ovation. It's on for sho' :catfight:

Truly, though Parvani, I'm glad that you're okay. :bighug: Mega Tek and Ovation can be quite easily replaced, but not you and your loved ones.

I'm still using MT and my hair is getting thicker.:look: My last touch up was on 9/2 and I have 1/4 of NG in some areas and even as much as 1/2 in other areas. I'm going to try to order the Ovation soon. I still have another bottle of MT left.

Praise God! I'm happy to hear that your house is safe.

Is everyone still stretching while using Ovation/MT? I will be 8 weeks post Friday and I am about ready to call it quits and relax.

Okay Angels.... :love4:

I'm going to be a 'Guinea Pig' with the Mega Tek. The bottle's directions say to apply it to the hair and then rinse it out.

So........ last night I did this, I applied Mega Tek to the entire length of my hair, massaged my scalp a little; left it on for a little over an hour then I rinsed it out. It was my night to Co-Wash and I just added the Mega Tek to my hair conditioner.

You could say that I DC'd with it, but without heat. The plastic caps I use generate my body heat which is quite sufficient. :lachen:

My hair is super soft today and it's flowing .... :yep:

At least twice a week, I"m going to apply the Mega Tek 'only' to the entire length of my hair and post results, let say, 2nd week of October. Okay?

I will be rinsing; this is still way too much protein to keep on the length of anyone's hair. :yep: Mega Tek is still a product made for horses and if anyone remembers back in the day when weaves started to evolve from the bss, how coarse horse hair can be. :yep:

I've learned that there's a reason that both of these product's directions say to rinse. Perhaps they 'know' something about their products.... :scratchch: Hmmmmm :yep: Soooo, I'll be rinsing; no more sheds. :nono:

For each of you :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back