Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered OCT. When you guys check-out be sure to click on where you heard about the product and choose the option for LHCF (Yes, we are there). I got a 10% discount on my order.

Hello, I'm new. I found this site through another forum. I have been using MT for almost 2 weeks and I have crazy new growth. I really like the way it softens my NG, its almost like it texlaxed. :drunk:

Is it too late to join this challenge??? Please say "No". :prettyplease: I get paid tomorrow so I'll be ready to order....I think I want to tryyyy :rolleyes: Mega-Tek. Not because I know of any real difference between the two but b/c it's cheaper and a sista got bills ookaay :ohsnap:.

~T~
It's never too late to join ... :welcome2: Angel. :bighug:

And you will love the Mega Tek :up: You can try the Ovation later, okay?

Just PM DontSpeakDefeat to add you to the list.

Welcome CurlieT :yay:

Hello, I'm new. I found this site through another forum. I have been using MT for almost 2 weeks and I have crazy new growth. I really like the way it softens my NG, its almost like it texlaxed. :drunk:
:wave: MsElise.......Welcome to our forum. Your hair is beautiful.

God bless you.... :yep:

Nah, the urea is a preservative, and even if it was a protein, that close to the bottom of the list, it wouldn't make any difference.

Thanks so much. I don't really know what to do with my hair anymore. The Jessicurl at least kept it manageable so that I could drag it into a ponytail. I am so ready to either cut or relax. These two textures are killing me.

I had planned to cut in January but with MT I might give myself a Christmas present and chop these scraggly relaxed ends off.

I just ordered OCT. When you guys check-out be sure to click on where you heard about the product and choose the option for LHCF (Yes, we are there). I got a 10% discount on my order.
Thanks Doll, this is good to know. I'll be re-ordering soon. I don't want to run out of either product.

Ok thankz and i was asking because i read that some people who had OCT had the system because that is the one that is like $100. But yea if i do buy OCT it will only be the cell therapy....Gurl when i start using this MT and it works i will be doing this:rocker:and:drool: lol.
You can purchase the smaller system (Shampoo, Cell Therapy and Creme Rinse) for under $60. Or the 12 ounce Cell Therapy for the same price.

It will last a long time. And Girl, it will have your hair doing this :rocker: all day and night long. :rocker: Yep :yep: :lol:

lol

Yes, and I will be ankle length by tomorrow morning.

:pinocchio

You're funny.

:lol: Hey......Miracles are still well known to happen. :yep:

You have the perfect "Melodie" :up: Start doing the 'Happy Hair Dance" :rocker:

Inch 81
Inch 82
Inch 83
Inch 84
Inch 85

OH My! Inch 107 :shocked:

Psalm 107: Oh' that men would praise Him.... :happydance: :pray:

Blessings Melodie :giveheart:

LOL!!! Next time I need to some help I'm calling you up!!! So you can put the smack down! :grin:

Thanks for the well wishes.

I had my hair wrapped in a scarf for a couple of days and now it seems dry. I thought the satin scarf would help it retain it's moisture. Do you think it could be from the protein in the MT? Has anybody else had that problem? I think I might need to sit under my dryer with my WEN.
:lol: If i can help I'm very happy to. :giveheart:

As for moisture, I've had the same problems in the beginning. Then I started more frequent Conditioner washes/ less shampooing.

Another thing I do which I didn't post until earlier today; and that is, while my hair is still wet, I just smooth a little oil over it to smooth it down, otherwise I could look like Don King...:rolleyes:

I focus on my hair line, and the nape of my neck area.

Your WEN hair care product sounds like a winner. :up: Whatever you feel comfortable with and what works good for you is the key.

Last edited:
I was wondering if you guys have any advice about the dullness that I am having. It's not dry but dull looking. I don't see shine. (Well a few friends said my hair is dull looking. And that I was washing too much. One said I should just wash every 12 days and the other said once a month. And to dump the castor oil. :rolleyes: Hmp, one of them has hard hair but it's shiny. Then one said there is no reason to moisturize if you have a good conditioner. Silly women. :nono:) I wash, MT, condition and moisturize. Actually I ran out of moisturizer and have been using a Aloe Vera and Glycerine mix and Botanical spray. Somewhere along the way I lost shine. I am using less oils, only CO.

I bought the MT Survivor Super Shine and nothing! :nono: I might return it. :sad: Do you think I should reduce the shampoo and co-wash? I have been working out 5 times a week and on the really sweaty days I fill I need to wash my hair. I have been washing twice and co-washed once a week. Tomorrow I plan to co wash then put MT on the length of my hair for 20 minutes then rinse. I've got the dully blues. :sad: Is anyone experiencing dullness due to MT?

Oh btw, my hair finally has the strength and elasticity that I have always wanted that I could never get with other products. And I love it! :lovedrool: This is why I WON'T drastically alter my regimen. I would like to thank you guys for encouraging me through your stories and positivity. :yep: May you all sit on your hair by next summer. :yep:

Have a :beer2: on me and :flowers:.

Last edited:
I was wondering if you guys have any advice about the dullness that I am having. It's not dry but dull looking. I don't see shine. (Well a few friends said my hair is dull looking. And that I was washing too much. One said I should just wash every 12 days and the other said once a month. And to dump the castor oil. :rolleyes: Hmp, one of them has hard hair but it's shiny. Then one said there is no reason to moisturize if you have a good conditioner. Silly women. :nono:) I wash, MT, condition and moisturize. Actually I ran out of moisturizer and have been using a Aloe Vera and Glycerine mix and Botanical spray. Somewhere along the way I lost shine. I am using less oils, only CO.

I bought the MT Survivor Super Shine and nothing! :nono: I might return it. :sad: Do you think I should reduce the shampoo and co-wash? I have been working out 5 times a week and on the really sweaty days I fill I need to wash my hair. I have been washing twice and co-washed once a week. Tomorrow I plan to co wash then put MT on the length of my hair for 20 minutes then rinse. I've got the dully blues. :sad: Is anyone experiencing dullness due to MT?

Oh btw, my hair finally has the strength and elasticity that I have always wanted that I could never get with other products. And I love it! :lovedrool: This is why I WON'T drastically alter my regimen. I would like to thank you guys for encouraging me through your stories and positivity. :yep: May you all sit on your hair by next summer. :yep:

Have a :beer2: on me and :flowers:.

When's the last time you clarified? And - well, natural hair isn't always shiny. It's sheeny. It - sparkles more than it mirrors, if that makes sense? :lol:

My first though, though, reading your post is that you've got some buildup that needs to be stripped off so that your hair's shine can sparkle. :yep:

ITA...ACV is a good option IMO.

When's the last time you clarified? And - well, natural hair isn't always shiny. It's sheeny. It - sparkles more than it mirrors, if that makes sense? :lol:

My first though, though, reading your post is that you've got some buildup that needs to be stripped off so that your hair's shine can sparkle. :yep:

What tames the new fly away (lil baby chick) hair? I love my new growth abd the hair is so silky soft but, if I straighten and get near any water...rain, mist, dew, teardrops, anything-POOF! fuzzy hair. I tried oil but, it weighs my fine, very thin hair down and sticks it together. I have been DC at least once a week so it is well conditioned. I'm stuck between hot mess and hot mess. Any suggestion is appreciated.

What tames the new fly away (lil baby chick) hair? I love my new growth abd the hair is so silky soft but, if I straighten and get near any water...rain, mist, dew, teardrops, anything-POOF! fuzzy hair. I tried oil but, it weighs my fine, very thin hair down and sticks it together. I have been DC at least once a week so it is well conditioned. I'm stuck between hot mess and hot mess. Any suggestion is appreciated.

I dunno, but if you find out, would you PM a sista? My twists turn to fuzz in a single day. I used to be able to get at LEAST three days.

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

These threads are spreading like wildflowers. :lachen: I haven't resumed my OCT system yet because I relaxed my hair on 9/5. I will continue to apply to product to my scalp in about two weeks. I'm still enjoying my flat-iron and style from the salon. :grin::grin:

I have MT, should it be used several days/weeks after relaxing? I just relaxed a week ago and today I used a DRC 28, a hard protein treatment. TIA:grin:

i decided to experiment a little. I added some of the micro-tek gel to my megatek/oil mixture. I will use this later today and update later. I can't wait. I love the gel already. It is clear and feels good on my front edges and scalp.

I agree that there may be some build up. :yep: Excellent advice Kiya :up:

Welcome CurlieT :yay:

Thanks Shimmie! I just ordered my MT and PM'd Don'tSpeakDefeat so I am on my way!! I AM SO GEEKED!!! :grin: Hopefully the order will ship out today and get here Tues or Wed (my co-wash day). Now I just gotta figure out how to use the stuff - the stuff in which I have entrusted all of my hopes and dreams. Well...it's really not that serious but I am looking for some good results.

I ready a post at the beginning of this thread about keeping the application simple so I'll have to go back read that again so I'll know what works. I AM SO GEEKED!! did I say that already? that's cuz I'M GEEKED!! :grin:

~T~

Thanks Shimmie! I just ordered my MT and PM'd Don'tSpeakDefeat so I am on my way!! I AM SO GEEKED!!! :grin: Hopefully the order will ship out today and get here Tues or Wed (my co-wash day). Now I just gotta figure out how to use the stuff - the stuff in which I have entrusted all of my hopes and dreams. Well...it's really not that serious but I am looking for some good results.

I ready a post at the beginning of this thread about keeping the application simple so I'll have to go back read that again so I'll know what works. I AM SO GEEKED!! did I say that already? that's cuz I'M GEEKED!! :grin:

~T~
Don't be geeked, just be blessed. It's not the product, it's the promise we are after..........the Hair! If these work, fine; if not, there's always something better and hopefully less expensive.

Blessings and Peace....No geek. :lol:

I never clarify. :blush: I use a gentle cleansing shampoo from Aubrey Organics not sure if that's the same. :ohwell:

I applied the MT to my scalp for the second time earlier (put some on last night too). I also applied it to the lengths as well, and will wash out shortly. I'm bit worried about protein overload though. I'll have to moisturise like crazy this weekend!

I never clarify. :blush: I use a gentle cleansing shampoo from Aubrey Organics not sure if that's the same. :ohwell:

:nono: Nope, not the same - it's better than just cowashing, but not a clarifying.

Girl, dimes to doughnuts, you need a good clarifying. I would start with *thinks* about a teaspoon (or a lil less) of baking soda in about 4-8 oz of conditioner. Work it through your hair, let it sit for about 15 minutes, and rinse out, and see what you think. If your hair ends up a lil dry, DC it with your fave moisture rich DC. :yep:

Okay, if this is a challenge, I'd like to be in it. I can do a month.

My husband picked me up from the hospital today - first schmashogram :blondbooband after asking how were the results (great, no lumps just had a mysterious breast infection a few weeks back 11 years after nursing), he told me that the mailman broke our storm window on the screen door knocking to let us know that we had a package. Now my husband is all distraught because he just had the windows repaired in preparation for the winter. He didn't think to fix the doorbell for the winter, but I digress.

I had to pretend to be upset, talking about suing the post office and they better fix our window or else. Inside, y'all, inside my heart all I was thinking was,

MY STUFF CAME!:bouncegreMY STUFF CAME!

:badgirl:

I am going to pre-poo, wash, DC, air dry and flat iron tonight with Sabino moisture block and then apply my wondrous miracle rapunzel making product.

Watch, I'll be the one in a kabillion that it doesn't work on. (Smack that negativity to the ground, apemay.)

Okay, I'm a little giddy right now. I'm hongry (with an 'o') and I'm alone in the office.

I'll keep ya posted.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Wow, you hair is so beautiful. It has gotten so thick and full. Great progress.

Hey Ladies,

I finally got my touch up after a nine week stretcfh (longest ever!!) Here are some comparison pics. The first one is from July and the current is September. I love MT. I feel like im getting thickness and growth simultaneously. I also have been getting compliments on how full my hair is!! I dont think i'll be switching to OCT just yet.:grin:

I am so happy things were not so bad. Praise God.

Now back to HHG

Thanks for the sweet thoughts Shimmie, JustKiya, and Rhapsdyblu! I appreciate you all.

God is good and we are blessed!!!! Our house is fine. No roof damage. Our wooden fence broke in a couple of places and we had a little bit of water damage, but we got that cleaned up. No windows broke so my MT was in its secret hiding place!!! You know I had to put it up!

So I'm back on my grind and waiting for this hair to grow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back