Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... my OCT just got here.

I think I like it better than MT there is a very subtle difference between the two, but the OCT feels lighter and goes on a little easier than the MT. I think I will alternate the two, but when I finish the MT I may use OCT exclusively.

Ummm i think I forgot to mention... MT smells YUMMY!!! I have been fiending for a pina colada for about a week or so and when I opened the bottle to smell it ...ohhhweee it smelled delicious. Im going to do my second application w/o applying castor oil this time as its heavy and sticky. So far so good as soon as im on my way home from work I think MT MT MT ....I think im obsessed :S

Okay so I have beeen using MT since the 12th of Sep so its been about 2 weeks now, and I don't think I've seen any growth. I have been co washing daily. Am I doing it right...I am applying it to my scalp at night and co washing in the morning. I am not having a problem with shedding

Okay so I have beeen using MT since the 12th of Sep so its been about 2 weeks now, and I don't think I've seen any growth. I have been co washing daily. Am I doing it right...I am applying it to my scalp at night and co washing in the morning. I am not having a problem with shedding

I'd say stick with it. Based on my experience, my growth is in fits and starts... I'll get a burst and then nothing and then a burst again. Its almost unfortunate that so many people get results so quickly because that won't work that way for everyone, but I'm betting your growth will kick in, in a big way, too.

Jrae/Shimmie,

It is nice to meet you and God Bless Both of You!!!! You have both put my mind at ease!!! I just ordered my MegaTek today through valleyvet.com and also just got a Butter Blend mild relaxer today so I am ready!!!

Just to have someone that can relate to fine hair and how it can be a challenge means a lot.

Again I thank you all so much for answering my questions as I had to work up some nerve to ask.

I hope you all don't mind if I PM you from time to time as I know I will have more questions as I begin this journey.

BTW - I saw online (trying to get prepared) that there is a Queen Helene Garlic conditioner that purports that it helps with shedding - has anyone tried it.

Thanks again girls!!!!

One,

Sqzbly1969

Hey guys, I just bc'd yesterday. I love my fantasia lites gel (or whatever it's called) but it has wheat protein in it. I love it though because my curls really look nice.

How could I use this product and continue to use the MT?

201275.jpg
[/B]Ingredients

Purified Water Aqua , Glycerin , Carbomer , Triethanolamine , Aloe Vera Gel , Dimethicone Copolyol , Tocopherol Acetate , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Polysorbate-20 , Benzopehonoe-4 , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Disodiium EDTA , Fragrance

I know, I know. But I like it.:ohwell:

OK... I've been sneaking around the OCT forums for dang near 2 months, and I promised, promised, PROMISED myself I wasn't going to fall for the hype. :nono:
I have thin hair (crown) and I want to believe that this will finally help me out. I can't do it. Nuh uh... Not gonna. I can't. Can't. C-A-N-T!

I have to admit, y'all have got me almost reconsidering. I've been reading the Challenge forums and have been very impressed with the results I've seen everyone here have. :look: So, I joined LHCF, and that's only the first step, right? I have a feeling I'll be worn down and joning the OCT challenge by the end of the month. Sigh...

Last edited:
I just ordered a bottle 5 minutes ago! I can't wait to get started and join the challenge. I've been reading as much as I can on this and you ladies are so encouraging, I'm inspired by all your posts and pictures :D

I'll take some pictures tonight (hopefully) when I get around to washing and straightening my hair.

My goals are to get back to thicker healthier hair which I had prior to relaxing 10 years ago. If I get length that'll be a bonus. But thick healthy hair is what I want the most! :D

I'm looking forward to participating.

I ordered my OCT system just moments ago! I got 10% off for choosing that I heard about it on LHCF! This was mentioned in the thread earlier. It's amazing how powerful the word of mouth on this board has become for these products. LHCF should be getting some sort of royalities or something for the money they are making these people.

OK So I'm on my second month of MT, but I'm seriously considering purchasing OCT I just want the cell therapy though.

For those of you using OCT do you notice the shedding like those using MT??
Are you adding anything to it or using it straight??

Thanks!

OK... my OCT just got here.

I think I like it better than MT there is a very subtle difference between the two, but the OCT feels lighter and goes on a little easier than the MT. I think I will alternate the two, but when I finish the MT I may use OCT exclusively.

Let us know how you like it 2-3weeks after using it :)

good luck x

Well tomorrow will be the first official week of MT'ing and..... I don't think i've had any 'growth' not that I was epecting it just yet...cause again it's only been a week....

but i plan on going to the BSS either today or this weekend and I wanted to know should i get garlic pills or garlic shampoo??? i really don't do the 'shampoo' thing...but i'm seeing different stories in regards to garlic fresh, powder, pills and shampoo....

what must one do?? i wanna be right on top of it when it starts!

hello ladies i've been using the mt in aug right before i joined,and will be having a retouch next month can't wait to see how much growth i've got,i would like to be added to this challenge. thanks

Hi Ladies...ok, I really hope this works. I'm trying to upload to my sig "start" pics of my hair for the challenge. I'm at work so I can't access photobucket build an account so let's see if this works.

I ordered my MT last Fri and it was at my door when I got home Mon from work...man talk about fast. So, I've been using it mixed w/ jojoba & olive oil I'm starting out w/ it once every night before bed (why?, don't know, just didn't want to "shock" my hair I guess) then I'll increase it to twice a day next week going forward.

I haven't had a chance to read all of the update but I hope everyone is doing great w/ life and w/ their hair. I'll try to catch up as much as I can over the weekend

TaTa!

OK So I'm on my second month of MT, but I'm seriously considering purchasing OCT I just want the cell therapy though.

For those of you using OCT do you notice the shedding like those using MT??
Are you adding anything to it or using it straight??

Thanks!

I mix MTG with my MT. It stopped the shedding and the dryness.

Hello everyone. I just want to say first of all that I am probably not an official member of the challenge, but I am using Mega Tek at the moment. I will be back in twists again as of tomorrow, and I am a bit nervous about using it while in this protective style...

...but I wanted to do a quick length check after using MT for three weeks. This is my hodgepodge regimen. I feel so silly posting this...

(1) Pre poo with Amla Plus oil. Leave it on for 2-3 hours while cooking or doing other household chores.
(2) Moisturizing shampoo.
(3) MT on length of hair, left in for an hour under a cap (no heat). Thanks Shimmie! (I check for shedding while washing and rinsing because I don't really notice that I shed during the week since my hair is up all the time.)

* NOTE: If I notice shedding, I do the garlic and olive oil mix Shimmie recommended (1 hour), clarify (Neutrogena), and THEN DC. Stops ALL shedding quickly!

(4) Extreme moisture and deep conditioning (shea butter, cocoa butter, and a small amt of Infusium - the creamy one - as a leave in.

Kiya, I do the salt in my DC every other condition. It's a MIRACLE!!! My hair is silky, smooth, and strong. THANK YOU!!!

(5) Wet Roller set and sit under bonnet dryer.

(6) I now always sleep with a satin or silk scarf...NEVER did that in my previous haircare regimen.

Honestly, though I have had fun with my hair for these three weeks, I am so tired of taking so much care of it. :babyb:

But...something good must be happening.

I can again feel the thickness I thought I had lost.

I can't break the hair that sheds no matter what. It is SOOOO STRONG!!! Breaking the shed hairs even when wet is quite difficult.

Is it just me, or can anyone else see a little difference in three weeks? The first is Sept 2nd and the second is Sept 25th. Have I lost my mind?!?! I don't think I have...

*freaking out*
*happy dance*
:yay::bouncegre:yay:

Attachments

• Sept 2nd blown dry.JPG
    Sept 2nd blown dry.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Sept 25th length check II.jpg
    Sept 25th length check II.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hello everyone. I just want to say first of all that I am probably not an official member of the challenge, but I am using Mega Tek at the moment. I will be back in twists again as of tomorrow, and I am a bit nervous about using it while in this protective style...

...but I wanted to do a quick length check after using MT for three weeks. This is my hodgepodge regimen. I feel so silly posting this...

(1) Pre poo with Amla Plus oil. Leave it on for 2-3 hours while cooking or doing other household chores.
(3) MT on length of hair, left in for an hour under a cap (no heat). Thanks Shimmie! (I check for shedding while washing and rinsing because I don't really notice that I shed during the week since my hair is up all the time.)

* NOTE: If I notice shedding, I do the garlic and olive oil mix Shimmie recommended (1 hour), clarify (Neutrogena), and THEN DC. Stops ALL shedding quickly!

(4) Extreme moisture and deep conditioning (shea butter, cocoa butter, and a small amt of Infusium - the creamy one - as a leave in.

Kiya, I do the salt in my DC every other condition. It's a MIRACLE!!! My hair is silky, smooth, and strong. THANK YOU!!!

(6) I now always sleep with a satin or silk scarf...NEVER did that in my previous haircare regimen.

Honestly, though I have had fun with my hair for these three weeks, I am so tired of taking so much care of it. :babyb:

I can't break the hair that sheds no matter what. It is SOOOO STRONG!!! Breaking the shed hairs even when wet is quite difficult.

Is it just me, or can anyone else see a little difference in three weeks? The first is Sept 2nd and the second is Sept 25th. Have I lost my mind?!?! I don't think I have...

*freaking out*
*happy dance*
Yep I can see a difference!!! you def. got some growth!!! Keep up the good work!

Yep I can see a difference!!! you def. got some growth!!! Keep up the good work!

I have been looking at all these pictures of growth on other womens' heads and wondering what that feels like...to see your head and know that there's something new back there...

...it feels very strange to be looking at my own hair...like I must be about to wake up really soon.

Thanks for the encouragement. I love the picture you have at the bottom!

Bless you,
cj

Oh my goodness Melodies! Yes I see a big difference. So is it better to use it as a conditioning treatment instead of applying to the scalp?

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

:yep:
Thanks... that helps so much!

You are like one of the sweetest ladies on this forum! There are others but I won't call them out right now! :grin::look:
Yes I must agree with you! Very informative and attentive to details! I like this very much! It shows she is a blessing for all of us here trying to acheive the same goal!:rolleyes:

I'm sorry i just had to share that my Mega Tek finally arrived!
I only had to wait a day but i was worried that i would miss the postman and that i would have to wait till Monday, even then i would have to wait until after work!!

I had my SO on standby to take me to the post depot ready to pick it up like wheres my Mega Tek!!

So ladies i'm getting ready for my first application, i have all my tools ready for this amazing journey!!!!

Thanks to everybody who has posted advice on using this product.

Can't wait to post pics of progress that i hope i will achieve!

Bless Nya.

*freaking out*
*happy dance*

Girl, your hair is off the chain!!!

Yep, I notice growth in 1-2 weeks. It's amazing!

*freaking out*
*happy dance*

OMG, Great Growth! :yep: I see a lot of growth! :creaturesCongrats, it seems crazy but it does work.

My hair is stronger and more elastic now that I have been using MT. That was my first goal, stronger difficult to break hair. I did an experiment several years ago, I found a naturally straight hair strand and pulled it. I was curious as to what the difference was between our hair besides the obvious. The naturally straight hair was difficult to break it resisted, stretched then broke. Whereas, my hair snapped on the first pull. I wanted my hair to resist, stretch then break. I finally accomplished that. Even with the Cathy Howse moisiturizers/protein conditioner and Aphogee 2-step protein treatment, although healthier I still did not have hair strands that resisted pulling and continued to see breakage from the ends. I didn't have stronger difficult to break hair until MT! I now have whole strands instead of just the ends. It feels unusal and frightening to see whole strands with the white bulb but that is healthy shedding not breakage.

Even if I never see more growth I will continue to use it to maintain the strength. I thinks its from using it on the length of my hair. :yep:

Last edited:
I was taking my sweet time about ordering but I'm going to order today. I just looked at my left temple. omg, it's so much worse! I've been taking biotin, I NEVER wear tight styles, I've been rubbing jojoba mixed with rosemary, lavendar, and cedarwood into my temples every other night and it's totally worse! I even periodically used the shampoo prescribed to me by the derm. I want to cry! :( Getting old sucks! I've actually decided to go with the megatek since it's so much cheaper, even the shipping. Wish my luck.

*freaking out*
*happy dance*

I can see the difference!! :yay: Dontcha just love MT!! :D

I was taking my sweet time about ordering but I'm going to order today. I just looked at my left temple. omg, it's so much worse! I've been taking biotin, I NEVER wear tight styles, I've been rubbing jojoba mixed with rosemary, lavendar, and cedarwood into my temples every other night and it's totally worse! I even periodically used the shampoo prescribed to me by the derm. I want to cry! :( Getting old sucks! I've actually decided to go with the megatek since it's so much cheaper, even the shipping. Wish my luck.

I hope MT is successful for you. :hug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back