Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Mega Tek and castor mixed together on my scalp once a day and I wash my hair once a week! I know I should cond. wash more but I do not have the time!!! My hair is thicker but it sheds like crazy. I want to start taking garlic pills for the shedding. What do you guys think about this regiment.....

I applied some more MT today and I'm getting some horrible shedding. :( I'm going to find my butt at the pharmacy and get me some garlic first thing tomorrow!

At least you've discovered what the problem was.

I'm going to do as Shimmie recommends and wash the MT out the same day. Even though the MT is applied to the scalp, your are still going to end up getting the MT on the lengths which would obviously incredibly drying if you're going to leave it in, particularly if you are massaging in the treatment too.

Do the best you can with the rinsing; :yep: I know rinsing is a challenge, I feel bad for being so firm about it; it's also time consuming, but it truly makes a difference in keeping your hair from becoming too dry. :yep:

Healthy hair blessings to you :bighug:

I use Mega Tek and castor mixed together on my scalp once a day and I wash my hair once a week! I know I should cond. wash more but I do not have the time!!! My hair is thicker but it sheds like crazy. I want to start taking garlic pills for the shedding. What do you guys think about this regiment.....

I applied some more MT today and I'm getting some horrible shedding. :( I'm going to find my butt at the pharmacy and get me some garlic first thing tomorrow!

I'm so sorry about the shedding; it happens and it happened to me. The garlic is wonderful however, I am concerned that some of the ladies are taking too much garlic; it's not good because garlic is a blood thinner and some women may have a health challenge with that. Garlic is good for health, but not too much.

What I've learned is using the topical garlic application works wonders. Which is making a loose garlic / oil paste. Take a tablespoon of garlic powder (not garlic salt), and mix with enough oil to make a loose paste.

You can use Olive oil, or Castor Oil, or Jojoba Oil, or Emu Oil. Apply the mixture to your hair, cover with a plastic cap, relax for about an hour and then wash the garlic mixture out of your hair with your favorite gentle shampoo (no protein). Then use your favorite conditioner.

When applying the Mega Tek, rinse it out after about an hour. YOUR HAIR WILL STILL GROW and FLOURISH :yep: Yes it will. The rinsing is helping you to stop the shedding naturally.

Note: the shedding did not begin until you used the Mega Tek, therefore your hair / scalp is telling you that too much is going on and needs to be regulated.

I know it's a challenge to rinse, but it's worth it in the end. I promise.

Happy Hair Health to you and here's to no more shedding. :giveheart: :bighug:

well i got my MT yesterday:grin: and I am loving the smell!:lick: I will start by using it 3xs a wk and if i need to bump it up i will. I also have been taking garlic pills as well. So hopefully i will be experiencing some great growth like you ladies!:yep:

Okay, check out my fokti for updates on my sides. I can't for the life of me figure out to post pictures within the message again. I can hardly wait until November. I just had to share with everyone.

Okay, check out my fokti for updates on my sides. I can't for the life of me figure out to post pictures within the message again. I can hardly wait until November. I just had to share with everyone.

Nice growth. Your nape area is responding very well to MT.

I'm so sorry about the shedding; it happens and it happened to me. The garlic is wonderful however, I am concerned that some of the ladies are taking too much garlic; it's not good because garlic is a blood thinner and some women may have a health challenge with that. Garlic is good for health, but not too much.
[snip]

This is good advice... the month I took it, I had the worst period that month (crazy heavy flow). :ohwell: The shedding stopped, but next time I'll use garlic treatment directly on my scalp.

Thanks Shimmie, you're a star! :)
Cream Tee, you indeed are the star and a bright and shining one you are.

Your hair is going to flourish and grow so healthy and long that you'll never remember having shorter hair.

God bless you and stay healthy... :giveheart:

Okay, say you have $50 - $60 to spend on the OCT. Would you get the full size OCT (the main thing that's supposed to stimulate growth) or would you get the sample pack that includes the treatment, the cream rinse, and the color therapy?

My main goal here is to grow back the missing spots in my edges. Faster growth overall would be nice, but not necessary for me to be satisfied. I think this is the last thing I will try for these missing edge spots before acknowledging that they're just gone. I don't think I want thicker hair, which is why I'm looking at the OCT since people are saying the MT thickens hair more. My hair is already thick enough. I want to keep the whole process as simple as possible, though. I don't want to be in the kitchen mixing all sorts of concoctions to get my hair back to normal. Also, I am considering just using the product on my edges since I don't want to wash my whole head more than once a week, but I can wash the edges more frequently.

Okay, say you have $50 - $60 to spend on the OCT. Would you get the full size OCT (the main thing that's supposed to stimulate growth) or would you get the sample pack that includes the treatment, the cream rinse, and the color therapy?

My main goal here is to grow back the missing spots in my edges. Faster growth overall would be nice, but not necessary for me to be satisfied. I think this is the last thing I will try for these missing edge spots before acknowledging that they're just gone. I don't think I want thicker hair, which is why I'm looking at the OCT since people are saying the MT thickens hair more. My hair is already thick enough. I want to keep the whole process as simple as possible, though. I don't want to be in the kitchen mixing all sorts of concoctions to get my hair back to normal. Also, I am considering just using the product on my edges since I don't want to wash my whole head more than once a week, but I can wash the edges more frequently.

You can choose either one for about the same price. The full size OCT is $56.95 for 12 oz.

mwedzi, my opinion would be to just spend the money on the cell therapy. [keep in mind I am biased because I am not impressed at all with the shampoo & the creame rinse - for me it was a waste of money - I can doctor them up, but at that price...) I know many love them, so it may just be that my hair does not like these products. I do seem to have faster "filling in the spots" since I added OCT, but I have been only using the OCT for two weeks, so I am trying to wait on my full assessment. I, too, mainly just wanted to regrow my edges. I kinda got caught up in , "oh, let's see how long my hair can get", but in the beginning I only applied product to my edges. I also strongly believe that you do not need to do all the mixing. Some of us (I am speaking for me) just like to mix. However, lately, I have been applying both products straight with no problem. I do cw daily so I may have been ok because of that.

So I do believe it can help your edges. It is at least worth the try. Although I cannot seem to control how spotty my edges are filling in, since it seems I cannot find a way to control my edges filling in evenly. But when I look at pics of my hairline in June & now - it is really a big "wow"

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.
HTH

yeah i would just get the oct by itself. i ended up selling my creme rinse. the oct is really whats causing the growth.

This is good advice... the month I took it, I had the worst period that month (crazy heavy flow). :ohwell: The shedding stopped, but next time I'll use garlic treatment directly on my scalp.
I'm sorry about your 'cycle' being so heavy. It may or may not have been the garlic. I do know that garlic does alter the blood.

I thank you for sharing this, Jrae, because you may have saved a person's life. :kiss:

Jrae, so many women are reading these threads that are not posting. I keep thinking of a teenager, one we do not know, or a woman who wants long hair so badly that they will go to any extreme to obtain it.

Some of them who are thinking that garlic is a cure all, may get into trouble by taking too much of it, thinking that it's harmless to take in mega doses. When the actual cause of the shedding is the products we are using. The garlic is only treating the symptoms (shedding), not the cause. This is something important for each of us to be mindful of. :giveheart:

mwedzi, my opinion would be to just spend the money on the cell therapy. [keep in mind I am biased because I am not impressed at all with the shampoo & the creame rinse - for me it was a waste of money - I can doctor them up, but at that price...) I know many love them, so it may just be that my hair does not like these products. I do seem to have faster "filling in the spots" since I added OCT, but I have been only using the OCT for two weeks, so I am trying to wait on my full assessment. I, too, mainly just wanted to regrow my edges. I kinda got caught up in , "oh, let's see how long my hair can get", but in the beginning I only applied product to my edges. I also strongly believe that you do not need to do all the mixing. Some of us (I am speaking for me) just like to mix. However, lately, I have been applying both products straight with no problem. I do cw daily so I may have been ok because of that.

So I do believe it can help your edges. It is at least worth the try. Although I cannot seem to control how spotty my edges are filling in, since it seems I cannot find a way to control my edges filling in evenly. But when I look at pics of my hairline in June & now - it is really a big "wow"

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.
HTH

I agree Rhapsody...... OCT 'straight' all the way. I have the entire system but I use only the Cell Therapy.

I have my other favorite poos and conditioners' to use instead. :yep:

What I've learned is using the topical garlic application works wonders. Which is making a loose garlic / oil paste. Take a tablespoon of garlic powder (not garlic salt), and mix with enough oil to make a loose paste.

You can use Olive oil, or Castor Oil, or Jojoba Oil, or Emu Oil. Apply the mixture to your hair, cover with a plastic cap, relax for about an hour and then wash the garlic mixture out of your hair with your favorite gentle shampoo (no protein). Then use your favorite conditioner.

When applying the Mega Tek, rinse it out after about an hour. YOUR HAIR WILL STILL GROW and FLOURISH :yep: Yes it will. The rinsing is helping you to stop the shedding naturally.

Note: the shedding did not begin until you used the Mega Tek, therefore your hair / scalp is telling you that too much is going on and needs to be regulated.

I know it's a challenge to rinse, but it's worth it in the end. I promise.

Hi Shimmie, could I use crushed or blended garlic instead of Garlic Powder for my paste?

Hi Shimmie, could I use crushed or blended garlic instead of Garlic Powder for my paste?
You sure can... :yep: Even cloves of fresh garlic. Allow these to sit in your oil at least overnight (or longer) to absorb the garlic's advantages.

I use the powder by 'personal' choice. :yep: It was less expensive and I can get a wonderful scalp massage from the garlic powder's granules. :lol:

You can still take the garlic tabs, if you like, just not too much. I've slacked off the them a lot and when I do take them, I take only 300 - 600 mg a day. Just play it safe when taking them internally, that's all.

:bighug:

Thanks Shimmie, after reading one of your post I did some research (ask twin sister who is a nurse) anywho, she said the same thing you said. I have been slacking too (on purpose). I think I will make the paste using the garlic powder first. It sounds easier to make and I can find garlic powder anywhere. I will continue to use garlic supplements sparingly.

Hair loss at the outer edge of the eyebrows is a classic symptom of thyroid problems. Have a complete thyroid panel done at your next physical and make sure your Dr. is aware that guidelines for normal limits of thyroid hormones have changed so that they don't tell you you're "fine" when there could be a problem.

Thyroid! Thank you! I knew it was some sort of hormonal issue. *sigh* I've atually gotten my numbers back, and they are fine, so that's not my issue, at least.

:blush: :blush: :blush:, I will have to add this to my regimen immediately. Will try the baking soda with conditioner. Lately I have not been so good at mixes and using MT in my regimen. Will also look up clarifying shampoos, do you know of a good one?

:lachen: :lachen:@ bolded, I love those sayings.

:lol: Glad you enjoyed it! I don't use shampoos, so I've got no good suggestions - looks like RhapsdyBlu ran down a list for you, though. :yep:

Hi everyone

I am using MT daily and my hair and scalp is very dried, no shedding , but getting a lot of growth, I condition weekly with ORS and castor , coconut , and jobo oi and added sea salt. I wash twice a month with shampoo. My problem how to stop the dryness and what styles work for short hair with a lot of new growth, I want to transition but my hair is to short for bun and to nappy to roll hair. I no nothing about twist and other natural styles . I am in my late 30 , so help me out for styles for work. I tried wigs they are not working for me and just to hot I think I going through the changed. Weave took all my hair out in the front, so now I trying to wear my hair, but becoming frustrated with this process, I just pin my hair in a old fashion style and do my best. So anyone know how to make a fake bun in the back with a sock. Please help an older lady to get up with the styles.

Here is a thread about it, and here are the directions from inside the thread.

I make my donut buns by using 2 cotton socks and 1 silk trouser sock. It’s very similar to the way Sistaslick makes hers: http://public.fotki.com/sistaslick/m..._a/picbun.html The more socks you use the bigger the bun will be, hair length and thickness can also determine whether the bun will be big, medium or small. Buns can be a great protective style and they can help aid in growth retention, as long as you don’t make your ponytail too tightly and as long as you moisturize your hair ends especially before bunning.

If you do a search on here or on youtube for donut bun, you'll get plenty of examples of how to do it, and how to make the sock donut.

Also, I think that twist outs and braid outs are good 'transitional' styles that conceal the different textures - you might want to do a search for those, too.

Good luck!

if mt and oct contain have the exact same ingredient list on the bottles, why would one (oct) be for length and the other (mt) be for thickness?? that doesnt make any sense :nono: don't they both do the same thing?:sad:

Actually, MT and OCT have different ingredients. Not majorly, but there are several differences, so it's no surprise that they work slightly differently. Also, the concentrations of the various ingredients might be different, and that would lead to different results as well.

uhhh.... lolol, did they grill you on what HORSE you were using these products on?
When I went to the stables in my area, they were fully grilling me on what Horse i was planning to use this on.... I kept trying to avoid the question... and finally i broke down and told them no horse, it's for my hair...

They were two YT women.. .they were shocked and surprised, then started grilling me about how to use it and do i think it would work on their hair...(and their husband's hair) :rolleyes:

:lachen:Girl, the hair madness is wide spread! :lol:

I just received my MT and I used it yesterday and instantly I am shedding not crazy but I am shedding. Right now I am sitting here with garlic powder and EVOO on my hair. I wanted to know if I am supposed to wash the MT out after one hour each time or can it stay on? Also can someone please tell me what to do to moisturize because I am spazzing out right now.:spinning:

It really depends on your hair and your regimen. Many ladies are having fabulous results leaving it in, and many are having wonderful outcomes rinsing it out, as well. What would work best for you?

My huband got the eye-opener. I bought mega tek wholesale, and they included several bonuses! Some grain/feed for horses, shampoo and conditioner samples, and a horse shaped comb! My husband was like did they send you the wrong stuff?

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Didn't N&W get a horse cookie in one of her shipments that her DH was trying to eat? :lachen:

Hey Ladies,

I got my touch up on September 12 and havent received any growth from mega-tek this time around. Before my touch up I had noticable growth in two weeks. Is the product not working for me anymore????

Have you clarified your scalp? Are you using it as frequently as you were before? I wonder if follicles can be 'shocked' by a relaxer?

I'd get the OCT, and use it straight on your edges, and apply extra moisture to your edges during the week as well, and roll on. Good luck! ;)

Thanks, guys. I guess I will get the OCT only. Do you think this is kind of like Rogaine as in if/when you stop using it, your follicles return to their non-growing state?

Thanks, guys. I guess I will get the OCT only. Do you think this is kind of like Rogaine as in if/when you stop using it, your follicles return to their non-growing state?

I don't know, honestly. I expect that once I stop using it, my hair won't grow as fast, but it will still grow. Even on my edges, I'm assuming that my hair IS growing, it's just growing very slow, and very thin. If I get them back to full loveliness, and then stop using MT, and keep taking care of them properly (ie, no tight ponytails/buns/braids) - I don't know what will happen the next time it goes through a shed cycle. I don't know. :lol:

I feel like I've been saying that a lot, lately.

Hi Ladies!! :wave:

Because the other thread is getting too long, from now on we will be breaking the Challenge down month to month. Every month I will start a new challenge thread so each thread will be easier to navigate through. Loads of information is in each and every thread. I will post the main information at the beginning of this thread so everyone can see.

If you are on the challenge and your name is not on the list please contact me and I will add you to the list.

Below is the original post and link to the original thread.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=204301

Below is the link to the second thread.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=250031

First update thread. June 1, 2008

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=240233

Second update thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=273649

The list of challengers will be in the post below.
Hi, I would really like to be added to the challenge, I have neck length hair at the moment but want to join! Thanks:wallbash:

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

My husband is letting me get OCT!!! :D He was like --->
passout3.gif
<--- when he saw the price...so how I was able to convince him to let me add expensive hair products to the budget is that I let him use my WEN to shave with. He really likes WEN :yep: almost too much :rolleyes: we had an animated discussion on who gets the Fig WEN. I promised to purchase him his own. :grin: I hid the rest of them. :sekret:

so cute, so cute. :lachen::lachen:

It looks like I'm getting some good growth but my ends like terrible.:wallbash::wallbash: I'm trying to decide whether to trim them now or wait until December. I'm also in the process of trying to come up with a regimen. I haven't been consistent with anything except apply MT daily.:wallbash:

Hi Ladies,

I received my Mt yesterday in the Mail and was all excited to apply it but I was tired and reluctant to do it..Because I didnt have any GOOD moisturizer or anything to offset the protein in case of an overload. So today after work I went to a haitian market and got myself a garlic conditionner. I rinsed my braids in the shower with nothing. Than I applied my Garlic co all over my braids and on my scalp and worked my fingers on my scalp . Afterwards , I rinsed the conditionner out and got out of the shower and spritz my hair with my moisturizing infusium that I diluted with water and added a tiny bit of my coconut conditionner. Than I asked my boyfriend to apply MT all over my scalp. Once he was done with the MT , I pulled out my castor oil bottle and rubbed that sticky icky oil on my fingers and applied it on my braids only.

I think I did enough to protect my hair ..hopefully :)

Just wanted to share for any ladies thinking of using it while in braids.

Casarela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back