Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Friends,

I just have a few questions about MegaTek/Ovation - my apologies if they have already been addressed...

1) If one ever stops using MT or OV at anytime, is there any shedding or side effects?

2) Does this conditioner strip semi permanent hair color such as Sebastian Cellophanes, etc?

3) How soon can it be used after a relaxer?

4) With regard to the shedding, is that a side effect of both MegaTek and Ovation or just one of them?

5) What deep conditioner/moisturizer do you recommend using in conjunction with this?

6) My hair is very fine and I think that co-washing will weigh it down, does anyone actually shampoo before using these treatments? (I have relaxed hair)

Thank you all in advance for your time as I need to make some major changes!!!!
:pullhair:

Here's response to #5

Hello Friends,

I just have a few questions about MegaTek/Ovation - my apologies if they have already been addressed...

5) What deep conditioner/moisturizer do you recommend using in conjunction with this?
Joico Moisture Recovery

Thank you all in advance for your time as I need to make some major changes!!!!
:pullhair:

OK I know it is late, but I just finished applying my mt and thinking about when was the last time I did my touch-up. From the way my ng feels, I was thinking over 2 1/2 months ago. It has almost an inch of new growth. Then I thought yep that is about right. 1 inch of new growth per two months- that is normal. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Hold up! Stop the music! I touched-up my hair about four weeks ago. I had to break out the calender and everything to make sure. My new growth is at record speeds for my hair. I can't believe it. Someone please pinch me. I can barely finger part my hair to apply the MT. Oh well, touch-up early.

OK I know it is late, but I just finished applying my mt and thinking about when was the last time I did my touch-up. From the way my ng feels, I was thinking over 2 1/2 months ago. It has almost an inch of new growth. Then I thought yep that is about right. 1 inch of new growth per two months- that is normal. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Hold up! Stop the music! I touched-up my hair about four weeks ago. I had to break out the calender and everything to make sure. My new growth is at record speeds for my hair. I can't believe it. Someone please pinch me. I can barely finger part my hair to apply the MT. Oh well, touch-up early.

I am with you!!! My last touch up (actually it was more like a botched texlax) with about a month ago, and I'm really in need of some help with the new growth. I'm trying to make it eight weeks, but I might have to give up at week six. I've slowed down with using MT...about 4 times a week instead of everyday, but it seems like my hair is STILL growing. I shouldn't complain because that's EXACTLY what I wanted to happen right?

Hello Friends,

Hi sqzbly1969 :wave:

1) If one ever stops using MT or OCT at anytime, is there any shedding or side effects? Probably ver few people stop using it.:giggle: I don't use it every day, and no side effects. There are a few people that have fallen off or intentionally stopped though and I haven't read/heard of side effects.

2) Does this conditioner strip semi permanent hair color such as Sebastian Cellophanes, etc? No. I had some cellophane left in my hair and it didn't strip it. My henna is intact, too, except my hair grows much faster so I need to henna more often to hide my greys.

3) How soon can it be used after a relaxer? I wait 2-3 days to give my hair and scalp a rest. But again, some people have reported using it the next day with no adverse results.

4) With regard to the shedding, is that a side effect of both MegaTek and Ovation or just one of them? Shedding is reported from both products. The conclusion seems to be that its easy to control with garlic treatments, its short-lived, and its worth it. I had shedding myself and it scared me at first, too.

5) What deep conditioner/moisturizer do you recommend using in conjunction with this? I just started using Wen as a leave-in on my ends and new growth and its resolved the dryness from the protein in OCT. I use Kenra MC as a deep conditioner otherwise.

6) My hair is very fine and I think that co-washing will weigh it down, does anyone actually shampoo before using these treatments? (I have relaxed hair) I have relaxed, fine hair, too, and its because of that I co-wash. I have avoided shampoo for years because my fine strands easily feel stripped and fly-away. Sometimes, I do use the OCT shampoo every now and then. Its fine, but I won't be reordering.

Last edited:
Off topic...Weaveologist, that hair is hot! I may steal that style.

Ughh, still looking for someone to sell me their OCT. I know someone got a bottle they are not using under the sink b/c they are using MT now.:ohwell:

I'm talking to you PJ....:grin:

THANK YOU! I am looking forward to the MT and OCT making my hair so long and pretty that it looks JUST LIKE MY WEAVE! :lachen:

Hello, I'm new. I found this site through another forum. I have been using MT for almost 2 weeks and I have crazy new growth. I really like the way it softens my NG, its almost like it texlaxed. :drunk:

I agree! Yesterday was the first time I'd unwrapped my hair since my last application of MTG/MT about three days ago. My hair was sooooooooooo soft. I was amazed because I haven't relaxed since about May. I could even comb through my new growth with ease. I took pictures of my hair last week and will be taking pictures of the progression in a month to post. Even my severly damaged edges appear to be filling in slowly..... I am also purchasing OCT tomorrow to apply on the MTG/MT off days....I am going to use this MTG until its all gone. Can't be wasting money these days.

Hi sqzbly1969 :wave:

1) If one ever stops using MT or OCT at anytime, is there any shedding or side effects? Probably ver few people stop using it.:giggle: I don't use it every day, and no side effects. There are a few people that have fallen off or intentionally stopped though and I haven't read/heard of side effects.

2) Does this conditioner strip semi permanent hair color such as Sebastian Cellophanes, etc? No. I had some cellophane left in my hair and it didn't strip it. My henna is intact, too, except my hair grows much faster so I need to henna more often to hide my greys.

3) How soon can it be used after a relaxer? I wait 2-3 days to give my hair and scalp a rest. But again, some people have reported using it the next day with no adverse results.

4) With regard to the shedding, is that a side effect of both MegaTek and Ovation or just one of them? Shedding is reported from both products. The conclusion seems to be that its easy to control with garlic treatments, its short-lived, and its worth it. I had shedding myself and it scared me at first, too.

5) What deep conditioner/moisturizer do you recommend using in conjunction with this? I just started using Wen as a leave-in on my ends and new growth and its resolved the dryness from the protein in OCT. I use Kenra MC as a deep conditioner otherwise.

6) My hair is very fine and I think that co-washing will weigh it down, does anyone actually shampoo before using these treatments? (I have relaxed hair) I have relaxed, fine hair, too, and its because of that I co-wash. I have avoided shampoo for years because my fine strands easily feel stripped and fly-away. Sometimes, I do use the OCT shampoo every now and then. Its fine, but I won't be reordering.
Excellent Post, Jrae:

My hair is fine also and I only shampoo about once a month. I condition wash my hair instead, a minimum 3 times a week. :yep:

And you are correct, stopping the OCT or MT does not cause hair to stop growing. I had a time lapse with the OCT and Mega Tek and my hair grew even more it seems. :yep:

Mega Tek and Ovation are not the same as Rogaine or Minoxidil, etc. Those items are chemicals, while Mega Tek and Ovation are protein treatments. Whatever hair you grow STAYS.

I'm living proof, my hair is well below my shoulders front/sides and below my bra strap in back. The word of God says, 'not a hair on your head shall perish.' And I believe Him! :yep:

Hugs and blessings.... :giveheart:

It boggles the mind, doesn't it? Mega Tek is a true Hair Hero! :yep: Ovation is a champ! :cup:

So i'm sitting here doing the I need a relaxer and don't want to scratch pat on my cornrowed -head. It itches soooooo bad. It better be growth because I know my scalp isn't dirty. But I've only been using my Ovation products for a week...So who knows... :ohwell:

It looks like I'm getting some good growth but my ends like terrible.:wallbash::wallbash: I'm trying to decide whether to trim them now or wait until December. I'm also in the process of trying to come up with a regimen. I haven't been consistent with anything except apply MT daily.:wallbash:
Platium, don't be afraid to 'trim' your ends. The Mega Tek and/or the Ovation will grow your hair back so fast you won't remember the trim. I've cut my hair 3 times and the re-growth is almost like a 'blink'. :lol:

If you don't cut your ends now, you'll end up with them traveling up towards the rest of your hair and that will only mean more to cut. Make sure to seal your ends with your favorite hair oil to protect them.

Another help is the Kiya Fizzie. Add 1 tsp of Sea Salt to at least 4 ounces of your favorite hair conditioner. Mix/ and apply to your hair - plastic cap - rinse out after an hour.

This mix truly softens the ends. That's why I call it the "KF Solution" (Just Kiya's Remedy). :yep: It truly works!

Thanks, guys. I guess I will get the OCT only. Do you think this is kind of like Rogaine as in if/when you stop using it, your follicles return to their non-growing state?
Hi :wave: mwedzi - Welcome :welcome2:

The OCt and the Mega Tek are not the same as Rogaine and Minoxidil. Those products are a chemical. Ovation and Mega Tek are protein enriched products which do not have adverse hair loss if use is discontinued.

I've had several periods since I've started using these products (February) and my hair actually grew as if I had a growth spurt.

I have a busy schedule and I'm not as consistant with using my Mega Tek or Ovation, I missed quite a few nights and even as much as a week or more. My hair still grew. :yep:

Thanks Shimmie, after reading one of your post I did some research (ask twin sister who is a nurse) anywho, she said the same thing you said. I have been slacking too (on purpose). I think I will make the paste using the garlic powder first. It sounds easier to make and I can find garlic powder anywhere. I will continue to use garlic supplements sparingly.

:kiss: You're a sweetheart. And you have a TWIN? :wow: That's awesome to have a twin sister.

Thanks for sharing about the garlic. We do have to be careful. The garlic tabs are more concentrated than the actual garlic that we would eat in a meal or even on a slice of garlic bread. So we really have to watch how much we take internally; especially if taken daily.

:bighug: for you and your twin sister.... :yep: God bless you both and your loved ones.

So i'm sitting here doing the I need a relaxer and don't want to scratch pat on my cornrowed -head. It itches soooooo bad. It better be growth because I know my scalp isn't dirty. But I've only been using my Ovation products for a week...So who knows... :ohwell:
Itch or no itch.............it's growing :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :woot: :happydance:

Can someone please help me? I'd be very grateful. I wash my hair once a week with shampoo and one co-wash and I blow dry my hair straight and finish with straighteners (I don't do touch ups). How would I go about using Mega Tek? Does it have to be rinsed out? Also, do I have to wear my hair curly to use this?

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks in advance.

Can someone please help me? I'd be very grateful. I wash my hair once a week with shampoo and one co-wash and I blow dry my hair straight and finish with straighteners (I don't do touch ups). How would I go about using Mega Tek? Does it have to be rinsed out? Also, do I have to wear my hair curly to use this?

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks in advance.

You can use it as a conditioner and rinse it out. But follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner. Or you can apply it to your scalp and leave it in. I have a 50/50 mix of MT and castor oil that I apply to my scalp after my wash. You can wear your hair however is easiest for you. HTH Q

Hi Ladies, I have been m.i.a for a while. I've actually been applying my Mega Tek only once a week. I just don't have the energy to go through all that manipulation with the hair and all that jazz every day any more. I've seen some growth, but nothing phenomenal, since I believe it's within the regular threshold of growth for this period of time past my relaxer.

I know that I am very unhealthy right now and suffering from a severe hormonal imbalance, so it's quite possible that that is counteracting any positive results that should come from the use of the Mega Tek. :(

My huband got the eye-opener. I bought mega tek wholesale, and they included several bonuses! Some grain/feed for horses, shampoo and conditioner samples, and a horse shaped comb! My husband was like did they send you the wrong stuff?

:lachen::lachen: that is funny..

To all the ladies that sent me pm's and put messages on my profile page:

I have updated the list. Hopefully I didn't leave anyone off. If anyone else needs to be added to the list please pm me.

I usually only update about once a week so if you pm me and you still don't see your name in a couple of days give me a little time and I will update.

Thanks Ladies!!

HHG
-DSD

i have only been using MT for 3days and i havent seen any shedding, do you think i need to use my garlic pills? I hate my breath smellin like garlic and i dont wanna start smellin like it.:perplexed

i have only been using MT for 3days and i havent seen any shedding, do you think i need to use my garlic pills? I hate my breath smellin like garlic and i dont wanna start smellin like it.:perplexed

I've seen odorless garlic supplements in stores :)

If anyone in the UK is looking for Mega Tek I've found it here http://www.discountedpetproducts.net/10445_MEGA-TEK_COAT_RBLD16OZ-P113611.html&bc=no for £14.15 not sure if that includes P&P. I'm getting some when I'm paid, hopefully that'll be tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies
MEGA TEK update

My hair is getting thicker from thin fine hair , edges are coming in as well , I started using Mega Tek on 9/11/08 daily along with Castro Oil to help protect from protein . pre condition three times a week, wear protective bun style daily , shampoo once a month. Side effect dryness and headache because of sinus, over came this within a week . Viatimin Biotin, Garlic ( 1 time a day only ) and Fish Oil, Overall Mega TEK has really changed my dull fine hair to shinning silk hair, my gray are coming out so fast , I known it growing fast. I just order only ovation cell therapy today to help with length. I will continue with my own shampoo and condition. I do have picture just not sure how to post and start folti. I love this site also thanks to ladies who shared with me how to do a bun , my hair not longer enough for that style , but at least I know how to do my own bun. Also I can't wait to learned how to do braid out and twist style, I do have enough hair for that process.

Has anyone been able to use this successfully with a weave?

I opted into making my quick weave into a wig buy gluing the tracks on a satin cap:yep:. That way I can take it off when I'm ready to apply. You probably will do better going that way or a sew in. But be careful not to get any of the product in your weave if its oily.

Hi ladies I'm Jennifer and I've been lurking this thread since the first one.I actually bought OCT and MT in May but only used the OCT only for two weeks.I know I know :spank:I started back w/ the OCT for the past week and a half.I've noticed an increase in shedding so I washed w/ Queen Helene Garlic Poo.I'm under my steamer now w/ a mix of Alter Ego Garlic Condish,Sitrinillah,Boyajian Garlic Infused Olive Oil,Coconut Oil,Vatika Frosting,and Methi Tea.(Had a lil breakage)I mixed it up like that cuz the garlic tends to be drying to my hair and I wanted to kill two birds w/ one stone.Just for shedding in general I've always mixed the Garlic Oil w/ garlic powder and did messages,then put it on the length of my hair to do a hot oil treatment.Works wonders I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Boyajian I got it from Whole Foods and Amazon since I moved.Look forward to growing w/ you ladies!Here's a pic of the oil
GarlicOil200.jpg

Has anyone been able to use this successfully with a weave?
Yes. I just have to dilute it with a little water so it will squeeze through my applicator bottle tip. I have been using it daily.

Only draw back is the weaves don't last as long because of all of the extra newgrowth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back