Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brasileira, I'm alternating between Joico Moisture Recovery, Aveda Damage Remedy and Hydratherma Natural Moisturizing Deep Conditioner.

All works well with MT.

Hi ladies,

I reorganized my megatek albums on my fotki and added a few photos today on the progress of my nape area. I have been struggling with section of my hair for awhile. But thanks to megatek and hydratherma natural growth lotion, it has been picking up over the last couple months. I reinstalled my sew in 3 wks ago and already have 1inch in the middle and back section of my hair. I may add MN to my next batch.

Posting to encourage other ladies who are struggling with their nape area.

http://public.fotki.com/jamaicalovely/megatek/aug_sep2008/

Wow, fantastic progress in a few weeks. Your nape is so full. Keep up the good work. Congratulations, Lady. And thanks for the encouragement. It always helps. Keeps me excited & hopeful about my own hairline.

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I reorganized my megatek albums on my fotki and added a few photos today on the progress of my nape area. I have been struggling with section of my hair for awhile. But thanks to megatek and hydratherma natural growth lotion, it has been picking up over the last couple months. I reinstalled my sew in 3 wks ago and already have 1inch in the middle and back section of my hair. I may add MN to my next batch.

Posting to encourage other ladies who are struggling with their nape area.

http://public.fotki.com/jamaicalovely/megatek/aug_sep2008/

Great progress, JL!:clap:

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I have been stressed about that nape because I want a sleek ponytail. It's coming along. But, that small bald spot on the left is killing me! I'm very happy with the growth all around. I'll keep you all posted when I take down my weave in a couple weeks.

thank you jamaicalovely I'll definately try one of those, also i have another question for you ladies who MEGAsage everyday, is it ok to flat iron, or does it make the hair too oily?

I found a place close to home that sells MT!!!! Soooo I finally got a bottle & picked up some cowboy magic as well! talk about 2 birds one stone! AND the lady gave me a sample of the creme rinse detangler! I was soooo stoaked I instantly went to the bss to get an applicator bottle & be cause I had already cowashed that morning....as soon as I got home I mixed my MT w/my growth oil mixture....and now I'm trying not to be too impatient....patiently waiting on thickness(cause I hear that comes first) and growth!

uhhh.... lolol, did they grill you on what HORSE you were using these products on?
When I went to the stables in my area, they were fully grilling me on what Horse i was planning to use this on.... I kept trying to avoid the question... and finally i broke down and told them no horse, it's for my hair...

They were two YT women.. .they were shocked and surprised, then started grilling me about how to use it and do i think it would work on their hair...(and their husband's hair) :rolleyes:

I just received my MT and I used it yesterday and instantly I am shedding not crazy but I am shedding. Right now I am sitting here with garlic powder and EVOO on my hair. I wanted to know if I am supposed to wash the MT out after one hour each time or can it stay on? Also can someone please tell me what to do to moisturize because I am spazzing out right now.:spinning:

I don't wash my MT out. I leave it in and wash 2 to 3 times per week. For moisture I have been using Aussie Mega Deep moisture and humectress. I was using Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment and Joico Intense Hydrator and couldnt figure out why my hair was breaking??? Damage Remedy and intense hydrator have protein in them. I am natural and was getting too much protein. DC'ing with the non-protein conditioners made all the difference in the world.

Be diligent about balancing the protein in MT w? moisture and you will be fine. Your hair will tell you how much moisture you need. HTH.

I don't wash my MT out. I leave it in and wash 2 to 3 times per week. For moisture I have been using Aussie Mega Deep moisture and humectress. I was using Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment and Joico Intense Hydrator and couldnt figure out why my hair was breaking??? Damage Remedy and intense hydrator have protein in them. I am natural and was getting too much protein. DC'ing with the non-protein conditioners made all the difference in the world.

Be diligent about balancing the protein in MT w? moisture and you will be fine. Your hair will tell you how much moisture you need. HTH.
Thank you for sharing this. I'm so glad you discovered the cause.

We have to be careful with what we add to our hair while using Mega Tek and Ovation. ESPECIALLY those who choose not to rinse the product from their hair/scalp before applying new applications of MT/OCT and the other hair care products outside of them. The build up of protein catches up.

Whatever we put on top of these products on our hair can either make or break our hair progress. Setbacks are the result of 'too much' or too little of something; too much protein allows too little oxygen for our scalps to breath. It blocks the penetration of the fresh application of the next treatment and it builds up on the hair / scalp and breaks down its ability to receive the benefits we're trying to apply to it.

Love your hair healthy; it only have it's owner to depend upon. :love3:

uhhh.... lolol, did they grill you on what HORSE you were using these products on?
When I went to the stables in my area, they were fully grilling me on what Horse i was planning to use this on.... I kept trying to avoid the question... and finally i broke down and told them no horse, it's for my hair...

They were two YT women.. .they were shocked and surprised, then started grilling me about how to use it and do i think it would work on their hair...(and their husband's hair) :rolleyes:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

LOL! that's too funny.....

But actually when I went the lady there (who was yt) was telling me that she uses it to fill in the crown area of her hair cause it's been thinning....she advised a lil goes a long way...

At least you've discovered what the problem was.

I'm going to do as Shimmie recommends and wash the MT out the same day. Even though the MT is applied to the scalp, your are still going to end up getting the MT on the lengths which would obviously incredibly drying if you're going to leave it in, particularly if you are massaging in the treatment too.

I forgot to take pictures. I'll do that tomorrow. I did measure my NG in the front this weekend though. It's 3.5 inches stretched. I ended up clipping my relaxed ends in the front where I measured. Had a moment. :ohwell: I'll measure from there.

I'm transitioning and working HARD to not cut by January. Let's see what this Mega-Tek is about.:spinning:

:drunk:

We have to be careful with what we add to our hair while using Mega Tek and Ovation. ESPECIALLY those who choose not to rinse the product from their hair/scalp before applying new applications of MT/OCT and the other hair care products outside of them. The build up of protein catches up.

Whatever we put on top of these products on our hair can either make or break our hair progress. Setbacks are the result of 'too much' or too little of something; too much protein allows too little oxygen for our scalps to breath. It blocks the penetration of the fresh application of the next treatment and it builds up on the hair / scalp and breaks down its ability to receive the benefits we're trying to apply to it.

Ok this would explain why everytime I clarify my hair then re-apply product it "seems like my growth would take off !
huh ....go figure

Good point!:yep:

My huband got the eye-opener. I bought mega tek wholesale, and they included several bonuses! Some grain/feed for horses, shampoo and conditioner samples, and a horse shaped comb! My husband was like did they send you the wrong stuff?

That ish right there is sooooooo funny. RMFAOFLOL

Thank you that laugh.

But on the real- i want a horse-shaped comb, too.

Last edited:
My huband got the eye-opener. I bought mega tek wholesale, and they included several bonuses! Some grain/feed for horses, shampoo and conditioner samples, and a horse shaped comb! My husband was like did they send you the wrong stuff?

roflmao.gif

Hey Ladies,

I got my touch up on September 12 and havent received any growth from mega-tek this time around. Before my touch up I had noticable growth in two weeks. Is the product not working for me anymore????

Ok I want to try MT, starting next week.
I am a little afraid to join the challange.
Could there be any real bad results "Hair falling out Bright Yellow Hair"

I looked around her for about 4 weeks and it appears I will need
to put it on my scalp with oils only ???? Correct?

Ok I want to try MT, starting next week.
I am a little afraid to join the challange.
Could there be any real bad results "Hair falling out Bright Yellow Hair"

I looked around her for about 4 weeks and it appears I will need
to put it on my scalp with oils only ???? Correct?

Correct.

I have been using it for a few weeks with none of the aforementioned problems.

Humph..I want a horse shaped comb!!!:sad::cry2::cry3:

Ok guys, I'm probably going to have a setback. I noticed like week before but definetly last week that my right side is a little longer than the left. Now I don't know if I'm growing in that way or if it was always that way and just noticed it because it's growing. I don't think I have any/much growth yet. I just started MT about four weeks ago with OCT on Thursday. But definetly thickness. I asked my mom was my hair getting thicker and she said :yep:. For real, she did a slow deep nod just like that-like that was her way of saying 'oh yeah'-or hell yeah, but she doesn't cuss so oh yeah would be more appropriate for her. That's fine, I need thickness too. Even when it's wet I noticed it's thicker. But definetly when it dries. And don't you dare comb it out!! LOL! But I'm happy with my results.
Oh, the possible setback!! Sorry for the rampling. Since I noticed my hair being ''lopsided'', maybe next week I'm going to let my mom's hairdresser flat-iron and even me up. I was going to go to her anyway to get it done for professional pictures but it's a definete now. I can't go around lopsided especially if it's straight. Plus, I know I got some raggy ends. I plan for no more than a inch. That will still leave me at past collarbone/almost APL. It hurts, but I kinda gotta do it. Then no more trims, just dusting and only if it's absolutely nessassary. As long as I'm at BSL by the spring next year and MBL by this time next year, I'm good....

"My huband got the eye-opener. I bought mega tek wholesale, and they included several bonuses! Some grain/feed for horses, shampoo and conditioner samples, and a horse shaped comb! My husband was like did they send you the wrong stuff?"

Humph..I want a horse shaped comb!!!:sad::cry2::cry3:

Ok guys, I'm probably going to have a setback. I noticed like week before but definetly last week that my right side is a little longer than the left. Now I don't know if I'm growing in that way or if it was always that way and just noticed it because it's growing. I don't think I have any/much growth yet. I just started MT about four weeks ago with OCT on Thursday. But definetly thickness. I asked my mom was my hair getting thicker and she said :yep:. For real, she did a slow deep nod just like that-like that was her way of saying 'oh yeah'-or hell yeah, but she doesn't cuss so oh yeah would be more appropriate for her. That's fine, I need thickness too. Even when it's wet I noticed it's thicker. But definetly when it dries. And don't you dare comb it out!! LOL! But I'm happy with my results.
Oh, the possible setback!! Sorry for the rampling. Since I noticed my hair being ''lopsided'', maybe next week I'm going to let my mom's hairdresser flat-iron and even me up. I was going to go to her anyway to get it done for professional pictures but it's a definete now. I can't go around lopsided especially if it's straight. Plus, I know I got some raggy ends. I plan for no more than a inch. That will still leave me at past collarbone/almost APL. It hurts, but I kinda gotta do it. Then no more trims, just dusting and only if it's absolutely nessassary. As long as I'm at BSL by the spring next year and MBL by this time next year, I'm good....

"My huband got the eye-opener. I bought mega tek wholesale, and they included several bonuses! Some grain/feed for horses, shampoo and conditioner samples, and a horse shaped comb! My husband was like did they send you the wrong stuff?"
Your entire post is ADORABLE ... It has me laughing, but in a warm way. From your mom not cursing, to the horse hair comb...and your hubbie's reaction to all of your products. tooo funny :lol:

Happy Hair Growth to you, angel.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Girl, you have me in tears over here :lol: :rofl: :lachen:

Ummmm, yet another duplicate post - the system was very slow today. :yep:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back