Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All!!

This is my first "appearance" on this site but I have been lurking for about 4 years. I think i might have read all of the posts on the original thread until it got to about 300 pages. I promised that as soon as I got some money I would hop on the bandwagon.....so here I am!

I have been transitioning for about 8 months and im super psyched to see MY hair not a (better looking) mirror image of everyone elses' hair.

But ANYWAY........I ordered mega-tek, elucence, wen fig, and Kinky Curly transitioner's tonic this week (I think im a PJ in the making :wallbash: . And they finally got here today YAY!! I wanted to buy Ovation SOOOO bad especially after some of you said that it gave you better results but I backed away from the debit card and realized that Ovation is not gonna work on my Po' College student budget........so I would have to make due with out it :ohwell:.

I have a few questions I would like to ask you lovely ladies. Do you think that it would be bad to use Mega-tek every day? Is it better to put it on the scalp or to the length of hair? Do you think I should put my transitioners tonic in my mega-tek to make it a little less harsh??

*~VoyagetoMe~*

P.S. I plan on rubbing a little mega-tek on my eyebrows and nails (and im really debating eye lashes)so ill let you know how it goes :yep:

Welcome VoyageToMe!!!

The best way to use MT really depends on your hair. If you've read the thread (and congrats to you for putting in the effort!), you'll have an idea of the various ways that ladies are using it - try one that seems to work best with what you know of your hair and what fits snugly into your reggie. :yep:

My nails and eyebrows are lovely too, thanks to MT. :yep: I just had to cut them (going camping, and it's pointless to even try to keep them) and it was HARD cutting those bad boys off. I mean, really hard. *lol*

Welcome VoyageToMe!!!

The best way to use MT really depends on your hair. If you've read the thread (and congrats to you for putting in the effort!), you'll have an idea of the various ways that ladies are using it - try one that seems to work best with what you know of your hair and what fits snugly into your reggie. :yep:

My nails and eyebrows are lovely too, thanks to MT. :yep: I just had to cut them (going camping, and it's pointless to even try to keep them) and it was HARD cutting those bad boys off. I mean, really hard. *lol*

My brows WILL NOT fill in on the ends, does MT just thicken the existing hairs, or do you think it will grow the ends in also? how often are you applying?

My brows WILL NOT fill in on the ends, does MT just thicken the existing hairs, or do you think it will grow the ends in also? how often are you applying?

It seems to be filling in my eyebrows on the ends. Danggone it, I need to take a comparison pic for them, at some point. I'm not consistent with using MT on them - it's hit or miss whether I remember. :look: :lol:

Oh, I've also heard that the lack of a vitamin (K? A?) lends to the thinning of your eyebrows at the ends. Or, maybe it was something with the adrenals. *sigh* I read too much. :lol:

I got my Eqyss package :yay: :yay:

It contained:

• Mega Tek
  • Micro Tek
  • Rehydrant x2
  • Detangler x2
nice big bottles:grin:

I used the detangler on DH's hair and the rehydrant. they all smell lovely:lick:

His hair is smooth and soft.

I think this is going to be the only line I use from now on:grin:

:yay: :yay:

you know i had that same problem where it wouldn't grow in on the ends and i put oct mixed w/ clear castor oil and saa in a clear mascara tube abd brushed it in day and night....worked like charm and i stopped a while ago and they still grow in the same way.

also what are the relaxed ladies doing to combat dryness at the roots are you wetting it everyday or night? That just doesn't seem like a good idea for me.

also what are the relaxed ladies doing to combat dryness at the roots are you wetting it everyday or night? That just doesn't seem like a good idea for me.

I don't have an answer as I don't apply the Cell Therapy to my scalp everyday. I do a treatment once or twice a week leaving the Cell Therapy on my scalp and hair for 1-2 hours, then rinse out with the Creme Rinse. I don't suffer dryness, shedding or anything.

Hair loss at the outer edge of the eyebrows is a classic symptom of thyroid problems. Have a complete thyroid panel done at your next physical and make sure your Dr. is aware that guidelines for normal limits of thyroid hormones have changed so that they don't tell you you're "fine" when there could be a problem.

Just checking in to say that since adding MT in my OCT rotation...my hair hass thickened up!! I'm still in braids until I get tired of them though....(sigh)

Hi everyone

I am using MT daily and my hair and scalp is very dried, no shedding , but getting a lot of growth, I condition weekly with ORS and castor , coconut , and jobo oi and added sea salt. I wash twice a month with shampoo. My problem how to stop the dryness and what styles work for short hair with a lot of new growth, I want to transition but my hair is to short for bun and to nappy to roll hair. I no nothing about twist and other natural styles . I am in my late 30 , so help me out for styles for work. I tried wigs they are not working for me and just to hot I think I going through the changed. Weave took all my hair out in the front, so now I trying to wear my hair, but becoming frustrated with this process, I just pin my hair in a old fashion style and do my best. So anyone know how to make a fake bun in the back with a sock. Please help an older lady to get up with the styles.

Hi everyone

I am using MT daily and my hair and scalp is very dried, no shedding , but getting a lot of growth, I condition weekly with ORS and castor , coconut , and jobo oi and added sea salt. I wash twice a month with shampoo. My problem how to stop the dryness and what styles work for short hair with a lot of new growth, I want to transition but my hair is to short for bun and to nappy to roll hair. I no nothing about twist and other natural styles . I am in my late 30 , so help me out for styles for work. I tried wigs they are not working for me and just to hot I think I going through the changed. Weave took all my hair out in the front, so now I trying to wear my hair, but becoming frustrated with this process, I just pin my hair in a old fashion style and do my best. So anyone know how to make a fake bun in the back with a sock. Please help an older lady to get up with the styles.

To stop dryness, I would suggest adding castor oil to the megatek mixture.

:nono: Nope, not the same - it's better than just cowashing, but not a clarifying.

Girl, dimes to doughnuts, you need a good clarifying. I would start with *thinks* about a teaspoon (or a lil less) of baking soda in about 4-8 oz of conditioner. Work it through your hair, let it sit for about 15 minutes, and rinse out, and see what you think. If your hair ends up a lil dry, DC it with your fave moisture rich DC. :yep:

:blush: :blush: :blush:, I will have to add this to my regimen immediately. Will try the baking soda with conditioner. Lately I have not been so good at mixes and using MT in my regimen. Will also look up clarifying shampoos, do you know of a good one?

:lachen: :lachen:@ bolded, I love those sayings.

Thanks for responding back I used castor, but I will mixed it like you stataed. quote=carameldiva;5666929]To stop dryness, I would suggest adding castor oil to the megatek mixture.[/quote]

I have Avalon Organics clarifying shampoo with lemon & shea butter and it works pretty well. However, adding baking soda to my ayuverdic powders or my cw works just a well or better (& when I add the lemon or lime juice - instant softness - Kiyafrizzie to the rescue - LOL). I'll use up the Avalon Organics, but Ilike the feel of my hair with the Indian powders & conditioners with baking soda.

I was having a problem with the "ashy", dull look to my hair, also. Our wonderful Miss JustKiya suggested it might have been the butters I was using. She was so right. So maybe watch what products you are putting on after washing. cw or dc. They may be the culprits.

HTH

:blush: :blush: :blush:, I will have to add this to my regimen immediately. Will try the baking soda with conditioner. Lately I have not been so good at mixes and using MT in my regimen. Will also look up clarifying shampoos, do you know of a good one?

:lachen: :lachen:@ bolded, I love those sayings.

I have Avalon Organics clarifying shampoo with lemon & shea butter and it works pretty well. However, adding baking soda to my ayuverdic powders or my cw works just a well or better (& when I add the lemon or lime juice - instant softness - Kiyafrizzie to the rescue - LOL). I'll use up the Avalon Organics, but Ilike the feel of my hair with the Indian powders & conditioners with baking soda.

I was having a problem with the "ashy", dull look to my hair, also. Our wonderful Miss JustKiya suggested it might have been the butters I was using. She was so right. So maybe watch what products you are putting on after washing. cw or dc. They may be the culprits.

HTH

Yes, I do believe that the products put into my hair after the dc is what is doing it and I do need to clarify. That shampoo with lemon and shea butter sounds :lick:. Thanks for the advice. What exactly is the Kiyafrizzie ?

I did an Ovation treatment last night followed by an overnight Wen and my hair is blinging! :yay: My hair continues to thrive.

yeah i try to put in every night but it's very hard to get it just in my scalp and it gets EVERWHERE then causes dryness maybe I should get in the mirror to get more precision!

I received my MT a few days ago, and I have been applying it to my scalp every night. The smell is great. I really hope that it works out for me.

Yes, I do believe that the products put into my hair after the dc is what is doing it and I do need to clarify. That shampoo with lemon and shea butter sounds :lick:. Thanks for the advice. What exactly is the Kiyafrizzie ?[/quote]

The Kiyafrizzie is our own Miss JustKiya's recipe idea of adding baking soda plus lemon or lime juice or salt or - well, I forget the other combos, but when you add this to your conditioner, leave it in for 1/2 hr or so you get magnificent softness. Clarifies, too. Do search for Kiyafrizzie & you should find the answer or go to Miss JK's website.

BTW, when I look at my hair right after cw, dc, or shampooing, it is nice and shiney or at least dark. It is when I put in my products that the dullness shows up. So I am using the dull making products at bedtime. Also, there are a couple that once my hair dries, & the product is absorbed, the ashiness/dullness goes away. But I have to experiment to find which does what, ya no?

I searched the thread but couldn't find an answer to my question....

I'm applying MT to my scalp 3 times a week along with twice weekly shampoos. Do I still need to do regular protein treatments considering all the protein in MT?

I searched the thread but couldn't find an answer to my question....

I'm applying MT to my scalp 3 times a week along with twice weekly shampoos. Do I still need to do regular protein treatments considering all the protein in MT?
Hi, I am new to using MT, but according to what I have read, you don't need to use other protein based products. MT has plenty of it. Too much protein will dry your hair out and will cause breakage. In fact you will be better off increasing your moisture.

Hi, I am new to using MT, but according to what I have read, you don't need to use other protein based products. MT has plenty of it. Too much protein will dry your hair out and will cause breakage. In fact you will be better off increasing your moisture.

That's right. :yep:

Refrain from using any protein conditioners or treatments when using Mega-Tek or Ovation Cell Therapy.

Hi ladies,

I reorganized my megatek albums on my fotki and added a few photos today on the progress of my nape area. I have been struggling with section of my hair for awhile. But thanks to megatek and hydratherma natural growth lotion, it has been picking up over the last couple months. I reinstalled my sew in 3 wks ago and already have 1inch in the middle and back section of my hair. I may add MN to my next batch.

Posting to encourage other ladies who are struggling with their nape area.

http://public.fotki.com/jamaicalovely/megatek/aug_sep2008/

Just shampooed with diluted shampoo and conditioned. Afterwards, I spritzed my tree braids with glycerin and moussed the curly human hair. When everything dries a litte, I will apply my megatek/cherry vanilla sandalwood eo/turkey red castor oil/micro-tek gel mixture. Yeah, I know that is a mouthful but it works very well.

Great Progress,

Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work.

Hi ladies,

I reorganized my megatek albums on my fotki and added a few photos today on the progress of my nape area. I have been struggling with section of my hair for awhile. But thanks to megatek and hydratherma natural growth lotion, it has been picking up over the last couple months. I reinstalled my sew in 3 wks ago and already have 1inch in the middle and back section of my hair. I may add MN to my next batch.

if mt and oct contain have the exact same ingredient list on the bottles, why would one (oct) be for length and the other (mt) be for thickness?? that doesnt make any sense :nono: don't they both do the same thing?:sad:

if mt and oct contain have the exact same ingredient list on the bottles, why would one (oct) be for length and the other (mt) be for thickness?? that doesnt make any sense :nono: don't they both do the same thing? :sad:

:yep: They both do the same thing. MT has more protein and OCT has more oil. If you want more oil add it to your mix. You are good with either one. Which one do you have? Did you reach your goal of full APL yet?

I found a place close to home that sells MT!!!! Soooo I finally got a bottle & picked up some cowboy magic as well! talk about 2 birds one stone! AND the lady gave me a sample of the creme rinse detangler! I was soooo stoaked I instantly went to the bss to get an applicator bottle & be cause I had already cowashed that morning....as soon as I got home I mixed my MT w/my growth oil mixture....and now I'm trying not to be too impatient....patiently waiting on thickness(cause I hear that comes first) and growth!

Hi ladies,

looks great congrats on your new growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back