OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge October '08

Somebody...Anybody...Please help me get some OCT. I have MY and my hair is getting super super crazy thick and for this I am thankful, but I need length...I need to start working on length.
Please help!
TIA

Somebody...Anybody...Please help me get some OCT. I have MY and my hair is getting super super crazy thick and for this I am thankful, but I need length...I need to start working on length.
Please help!
TIA

with the price of oct i dont think anyone is donating it right now

I got my first bottle today (10.18.08) and I'm glad to say that I started the challenge today.

Last edited:
just checking in i parted my hair and applied the mega tek on the scalp, and massaged it in...( oh it felt great).. My roommate walked in the room and smelled it and said it smelt like coconuts and pineapples and she asked me
what it was i just told her a treatment:drunk:
If i ever let my roomates know it was a :cowgirl: product they wold :lachen::lachen: and then :phone: everyone. So0o ill keep this on the hush :) they allready ask me why do i was my hair so much n that my hair "type" shouldnt be wet all the time. i roll my eyes and KIM cause i just might :hardslap: her next time.

o0o0h my scalp just started tingling

Will be posting starting pictures tomorrow :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Please don't lay her out!!! That's hilarious!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm a newbie and I'm joining. I started using MTG last Fri 3 times a week. I didn't wash it out although I read that I should (bad me), and I'm just trying to establish healthy hair care habits at this point. :yep:

Please help!
TIA

:look: I thought you said you were sticking with MT?

I've recently began using MT (for the past week), I have my hair braided along the front and down in the back. I already have newgrowth and I haven't experienced any shedding associated with it (I was shedding, but it was due to restarting Yaz). MT has actually decreased my shedding signifcantly

with the price of oct i dont think anyone is donating it right now
Thanks girl,I am sorry I did not make this clear, but I am not asking for a donation. I am asking to buy. I can't buy from the site, it is too complicated and shipping from the site costs more than the bottle of OCT.
I am hoping to find someone who is willing to sell it to me and send it to me through a shipping method that does not cost $70.

:look: I thought you said you were sticking with MT?
Girl, I am a girl....I can change my mind like I change clothes.
Anyway...If getting OCT means I have to spend $100, then I am sticking with MT, but if I can get OCT for a reasonable price, then I would like to try it.:rolleyes:
So, in other words, I am sticking with MT unless I find OCT for a reasonable price.:ohwell:

I wonder if you're only using it on your scalp do you still have to stay away from protein on the rest of your strands? I ask this because I have been doing just that using just moisturizing condishes and the other day my friend did a protein treatment on my hair (Lanza) and my hair felt like silk. I wonder is that caution to stay away from extra protein for people who use OCT/MT on their whole head?

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday, I took out my braids...and I had this mega FRO ...did I say MEGA...Yes MAAM ! Why do I know that im two step away from getting a full bun with my front layers running down my elastic....YUPP...Im giving myself 3 months and I should be able to wear a loose bun. Si Dieu le veut ...I may be waist lenght by dec 09 with that MT. In addition, when I took out my braids I had a lot of shedding nothing too serious because when I take them down I usually see that much of shedding!! IM A HAPPY CAMPER!!

Hi Chameleonchick,
As a Newbie and someone dying to try MT you answered my question and my prayers!!! I also have box braids and wanted very much to try MT but could not forsee washing it out daily. I currently use AV juice,rosemary oil and glycerine in a spray bottle. It has been providing me with great moisture and very little shedding when I take my braids out every 6 - 8 weeks. I was wondering if I could just add some MT to the solution to get the great results some of you ladies are having?

Hi Ladies, I'm sitting here in freakin awe today :spinning:. I got my MT and started using it on Wednesday night and got my OCT on Friday and so far I've used the OCT twice, once as condish, washing it out while in the shower (on Friday) and once last night as a leave in. I've been using the MT which I mixed with a little of my JBCO and use it twice daily. It's only been four days but look:

Slide1-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ladies, I'm sitting here in freakin awe today :spinning:. I got my MT and started using it on Wednesday night and got my OCT on Friday and so far I've used the OCT twice, once as condish, washing it out while in the shower (on Friday) and once last night as a leave in. I've been using the MT which I mixed with a little of my JBCO and use it twice daily. It's only been four days but look:

Slide1-vi.jpg

WOW!!!
This is amazing.

another quick question....

i'm thinking of getting a touch-up I wanna wait til the end of the month (12wks) should I stop using MT now or is it ok to continue to use up until the day i relax???

TIA

Slide1-vi.jpg

Good knight of mighty! Four days!?!?!

I am beginning to wonder about this stuff, for real! I guess the proof is in the pudding! Congrats on your growth!

hi ladies im sitting here scratching my head and i realize i have a whole heap of new growth? i only been using maybe 4 weeks. i cant wait to relax and post pics

Wow! Hervirtue that is amazing!

I should get my OCT this week I hope. I plan to straighten Nov 1st to see what a month of MT and half a month of OCT gets me. LOL I am UPER duper excited. Being a natural...thanks to shrinkage I really don't know what I have.

I had to do a super duper moisturizing treatment because my strands were not feeling soft...Sitting in a baggie as we speak.

I am using my MT nightly as well. I have been in braids since the 5th. I don't think the growth rate has increased yet. But it hasn't been that long. However usually my braids hurt until I get to the third week of wearing them, so maybe it is doing something. I am going to do a homemade herbal cleanse tonight.

OT-hey i used to live in clarksville when I was growing up. How long have you lived there?

I am still using my MT as a cowash and overnite DC. My hair is soft. yesterday I rinsed it out and didn't put anything in my hair and my hair was still soft not dry and hard like usual.

Hi Chameleonchick,
As a Newbie and someone dying to try MT you answered my question and my prayers!!! I also have box braids and wanted very much to try MT but could not forsee washing it out daily. I currently use AV juice,rosemary oil and glycerine in a spray bottle. It has been providing me with great moisture and very little shedding when I take my braids out every 6 - 8 weeks. I was wondering if I could just add some MT to the solution to get the great results some of you ladies are having?

No problem, glad to help! Oh and welcome to the board!

OT-hey i used to live in clarksville when I was growing up. How long have you lived there?

I am still using my MT as a cowash and overnite DC. My hair is soft. yesterday I rinsed it out and didn't put anything in my hair and my hair was still soft not dry and hard like usual.

I have lived here for six years.

Well I actually did a small check yesterday and now I really can't wait for christmas to get that gallon. I was just shy of a half inch! Tonight I'll post pics in my Fotki. That is excellent, If I can get almost a half inch in two weeks, every two weeks I'll be where I want to be definitely by March!

another quick question....

i'm thinking of getting a touch-up I wanna wait til the end of the month (12wks) should I stop using MT now or is it ok to continue to use up until the day i relax???

TIA

bumping, because i'm planning to relax in december...anybody??:perplexed

Man, my broke butt wants some OCT. My hair is getting thicker and I love it but I would love to mix the two. Girl, I would be a serious dope fiend if I bought that stuff as empty as my pockets, mattress, bank account, piggy bank, etc. is.

Oh well, there's a Christmas thread going around. I'll probably be able to scrape up enough money for it by then.

:cry:

I put my results in a thread earlier today. I took my sew in out last night. I'm on my blackberry so I can't post pictures here. I'm getting a blow out tonight and will update my fokti even more. I did update it with the growth shots once all the weave came out.

I read that for hair growth products, one of the ways to tell it's working is when your hair begins shedding (not breakage). And, I've read, that's when most people stop using the product. The shedding is happening as the new hair is pushing out older hairs. :look: Well that's what I read.

I think your right. It's all part of the hair growing cycle. Those extra shed hairs that some are experiencing are just hairs that would have been shed anyways with in the next couple of weeks. (It's just that they are doing it at a faster rate because of the MT) Once a hair is shed the hair follicle begins growing a new strand. Those shed hair follicles where not actively growing before they shed because they are in the telogen phase. So in conclusion the extra shedding that will temporaily lead to a little bit thinner hair will soon cause much thicker hair. Just my thoughts. I order my MT today so it's on it's way :yawn:

I put my results in a thread earlier today. I took my sew in out last night. I'm on my blackberry so I can't post pictures here. I'm getting a blow out tonight and will update my fokti even more. I did update it with the growth shots once all the weave came out.

Hey lady. I was n ur Fotki & I just wanted 2 know how the matting was from the products when u took the sew-in out. I'm n a sew-in & doing GroAut & MT alternating each product daily & I just wanted 2 know what 2 expect. TIA

Back