OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge October '08

Just wanted to post my results for the last three weeks.
these are from september 25
these were taken today

I'm just happy cuz it's growing!

I stopped using mega tek, I have been using OCT since mid september.:grin:

Last edited:
I'm not officially in the challenge as well.....but i've been using MT for about a month now. I've been meaning to pick up some garlic pills and prevent the shedding before it starts....but i wasn't fast enough....seems like it just falls out on co-wash days....

so what's the fastest way to stop the shedding....garlic pills? shampoo treatment??

what's a girl to do???

on a good note i'll add that my new growth is sooo soft i was kinda sorta massaging my scalp and noticed how soft and loose the curls were! which is a good thing...i am not mad

How is your hairloss formula working out for you?

EMJazzy,

I haven't had any issues yet. But I won't know for sure until I remove the tree-braids. I think maybe another 2-4 weeks unless it starts looking really bad before that. Thanks for asking. I promise to keep you posted.

I wanted to send a couple of samples out, however, someone said that one ingredient(turkey red castor oil) may cause scalp damage over time. I haven't seen anything on it but I am doing research on my own scalp and online to see if there is any validity to this. I don't want to harm anyone even inadvertently. I know I read on here that a couple of people had good results with turkey red castor oil. It may be that it only needs to be used on the hair and not the scalp.

I used my MT for the first time last night and first I was pleasantly surprised by the consistency, I thought it was going to be an oil for some reason and secondly the smell, to me it smells really good. I co-washed and massaged it in straight nothing else added and my hair feels so soft. I don't have any irriration what so every..yeah!! I'm natural and my hair is normally very protein sensitive but so far no complaints. Can't wait till my OCT gets here, according to the shipping tracking notification I should have it tomorrow.

I am using my MT nightly as well. I have been in braids since the 5th. I don't think the growth rate has increased yet. But it hasn't been that long. However usually my braids hurt until I get to the third week of wearing them, so maybe it is doing something. I am going to do a homemade herbal cleanse tonight.

IDK about you guys but I am finding it so hard to remember to apply this stuff regularly. I try to do it at least 3 times a week as Shimmie and others suggest, but I'm not sure how often I'm doing it to be honest.

My hair is def a bit thicker, but I'm not sure how much length I am actually getting from this stuff . . .

Just wanted to post my results for the last three weeks.
these are from september 25
these were taken today

I'm just happy cuz it's growing!

I stopped using mega tek, I have been using OCT since mid september.:grin:

Your hair looks great, hun. . .

This is exactly why I want some damn OCT!!!! Anyone wanna help a struggling college student out? :(

I read that for hair growth products, one of the ways to tell it's working is when your hair begins shedding (not breakage). And, I've read, that's when most people stop using the product. The shedding is happening as the new hair is pushing out older hairs. :look: Well that's what I read.

Well then if that's true then I'm all for it. :grin: As long as I don't see clumps of hair coming out.

just checking in i parted my hair and applied the mega tek on the scalp, and massaged it in...( oh it felt great).. My roommate walked in the room and smelled it and said it smelt like coconuts and pineapples and she asked me
what it was i just told her a treatment:drunk:
If i ever let my roomates know it was a :cowgirl: product they wold :lachen::lachen: and then :phone: everyone. So0o ill keep this on the hush :) they allready ask me why do i was my hair so much n that my hair "type" shouldnt be wet all the time. i roll my eyes and KIM cause i just might :hardslap: her next time.

o0o0h my scalp just started tingling

Will be posting starting pictures tomorrow :look:

i got my MT today dawg!!! happy dance *oh snap* lol:yay::yay:
ok off to the bathroom to apply my lovely MT! :grin:
Can i apply it while my hair is dry? or does it have to be wet?

i really want OCT now, i need some length in my life!

i got my MT today dawg!!! happy dance *oh snap* lol:yay::yay:
ok off to the bathroom to apply my lovely MT! :grin:
Can i apply it while my hair is dry? or does it have to be wet?

i really want OCT now, i need some length in my life!

i use it on my dry scalp with great results :)

IDK about you guys but I am finding it so hard to remember to apply this stuff regularly. I try to do it at least 3 times a week as Shimmie and others suggest, but I'm not sure how often I'm doing it to be honest.

My hair is def a bit thicker, but I'm not sure how much length I am actually getting from this stuff . . .

Though I've only been using mine 4 a week, I haven't 4gotten. I started back journaling what I'm doing 2 my hair so that helps me remember. Plus I'm superfocused about reaching my goal & then some before my personal deadline. :yep:

I just ordered my OCT. Going to keep up with my MT til it gets here...then MT will be used once or twice a week as a DC.

UBER excited.

Not sure about my progress because I have not straightened again...

idk if this question has been asked but does mt/oct dull hair dyes?

I don't know for sure, but everything dulls hair dyes; even permanent hair dye.
You can help the color stay vibrant a little longer by using products that specifically for color-treated hair.

I use the Ovation Color Therapy Shampoo and Wen Cleansing Conditioners and they help keep my henna & indigo applications vibrant longer.

I'm not officially in the challenge as well.....but i've been using MT for about a month now. I've been meaning to pick up some garlic pills and prevent the shedding before it starts....but i wasn't fast enough....seems like it just falls out on co-wash days....

so what's the fastest way to stop the shedding....garlic pills? shampoo treatment??

what's a girl to do???

on a good note i'll add that my new growth is sooo soft i was kinda sorta massaging my scalp and noticed how soft and loose the curls were! which is a good thing...i am not mad

In my own experience (and I've ONLY tried the pills), literally the day that I started using the garlic pills, the shedding stopped!!! I was shedding A LOT...and then I started taking garlic pills and no more problem.

I bought garlic pills from Walmart. There's a twin pack of 1000mg with 100 in each bottle for less than 6 dollars. I take about 3 everyday.

I'm glad your hair is soft!!!! I'm now using OCT and my new growth isn't as soft as it was with MT, but we'll see if the trade-off with length is enough to make up for it!!!

im still trying to decide if im getting growth with mt. I ordered a growth t shirt so maybe that will help keep track

Back