"men Dont Love Women Like You"

I played excerpts of Men Dont Love Women Like You to my friend. Throoughout the entire time, she sat there either laughing, smirking or defending her position as a woman. The silence of listening only lasted long enough process for dicecting. Her ego was full throttle. This made me realize more than ever how we are so fearful of going inward. This behavior keeps ego comfortably in tact and we live to continue our illusions another day. smh
How is her relationship like?

How is her relationship like?
This is the same one I discussed in another thread a while back about trying to take back her man who left her for another woman whom he married. She then spent the last umpteen years being a side chick only to see his marriage end... thinking she'd get him for sure now... but he told her to move on. I thought the book would be perfect for her. But she's not ready to pull back the layers.

Since I've read this book, I've been really feeling myself and being selfish in my dating, at work, and just in life. This book has reminded me to be entitled. I will say that I've started to put me first and be entitled...I've been pursued by more men who seem to like the challenge. Most are new men but 2 are men from my past. And it feels grand. One asked, this weekend, for us to be exclusive. But now that I've finally figured out how to date in a way that benefits me....I'm not really ready to commit. I just want to have fun!

I stopped reading this to read Solving Single and came back to ch. 7 where I stopped before. This person he's describing Ashley is sooooo me. Introvert, divorced mom who uses work as an excuse not to meet anyone. I don't have friends I hang out with, so it's easy for me to go to work and go home.

I'm going to finish the book and see where I can make some adjustments.

Since I've read this book, I've been really feeling myself and being selfish in my dating, at work, and just in life. This book has reminded me to be entitled. I will say that I've started to put me first and be entitled...I've been pursued by more men who seem to like the challenge. Most are new men but 2 are men from my past. And it feels grand. One asked, this weekend, for us to be exclusive. But now that I've finally figured out how to date in a way that benefits me....I'm not really ready to commit. I just want to have fun!
I love this.

This is the same one I discussed in another thread a while back about trying to take back her man who left her for another woman whom he married. She then spent the last umpteen years being a side chick only to see his marriage end... thinking she'd get him for sure now... but he told her to move on. I thought the book would be perfect for her. But she's not ready to pull back the layers.

@ChasingBliss

That's sad.

Are you concerned that she could also hold you back as you continue to move forward? While I'm not trying to be judgmental, if one is to truly internalize what's being taught within this book, dead weight must be cut in order to absorb the effects of Lambert's message. Your friend may be a nice person, but how do you know she won't sabotage when things improve for you? Just a thought.

@ChasingBliss

That's sad.

Are you concerned that she could also hold you back as you continue to move forward? While I'm not trying to be judgmental, if one is to truly internalize what's being taught within this book, dead weight must be cut in order to absorb the effects of Lambert's message. Your friend may be a nice person, but how do you know she won't sabotage when things improve for you? Just a thought.

Not at all. Our lives have been in two completely different places for over 2 decades. Things have been improved in my life (compared to her's) for a very long time and she has shown nothing but happiness and support for me. She just does not seem to have the drive to make things happen for herself. Our personal decision making has been very different. While she has made a mess of many areas of her life, she has never even once come across like a 'crab in a barrel' for lack of a better term.
We've known each other since we were adolescents ...she's one of my oldest and dearest friends and would give anyone the shirt off her back....which is one of her problems imo.
I've pretty much always been head strong about my life and what I wanted out of it. I've never really been a follower or easily influenced by peers. But I've also been an ecourager and supporter. I cant make anyone change..but I will love you through it all.

Does anyone feel like they're truly exuding the "Power & Goddess confidence" he talks about in the book?

I read the book this summer but I've been listening to it on audio book again and rewinding certain parts over and over so it'll stick, I can feel a little bit of difference in my mindset a far as those intrusive and insecure thoughts.

Does anyone feel like they're truly exuding the "Power & Goddess confidence" he talks about in the book?

I read the book this summer but I've been listening to it on audio book again and rewinding certain parts over and over so it'll stick, I can feel a little bit of difference in my mindset a far as those intrusive and insecure thoughts.
I'm just picking the book back up I'm reading slower
I have a natural aura of power but the goddess confidence is slowly coming

I'm just picking the book back up I'm reading slower
I have a natural aura of power but the goddess confidence is slowly coming

I think it is something that definitely has to be built over time...I turned a friend of mine onto this book and within a day she was telling me how she was "spartaning" men, I think it's possible to do for certain women but this seems like too much of a process to fully GET IT in one day.

I think it is something that definitely has to be built over time...I turned a friend of mine onto this book and within a day she was telling me how she was "spartaning" men, I think it's possible to do for certain women but this seems like too much of a process to fully GET IT in one day.
:lachen: Could she have truly grasped the book's concept? Or was she looking to try out spartan like behaviors on men...it wont mean squat if your subconscious mind has not been deprogrammed.... then reprogrammed. And I think any woman who takes this book seriously and has any level of self awareness and intelligence is going to take her time with this ..there will be no eagerness to start spartaning the next day.

:lachen: Could she have truly grasped the book's concept? Or was she looking to try out spartan like behaviors on men...it wont mean squat if your subconscious mind has not been deprogrammed.... then reprogrammed. And I think any woman who takes this book seriously and has any level of self awareness and intelligence is going to take her time with this ..there will be no eagerness to start spartaning the next day.

There is nooooooooo way that she did, she basically admitted she was the definition of a basica but I didn't have the heart to burst her bubble even though he addresses women trying to skip ahead in the process. I think that part might've went in one ear and out the other.

I won't tell you why she thought she had spartaned this one man in particularo_O. I was just like "you go girl", maybe I'm a bad friend :drunk::spinning:

There is nooooooooo way that she did, she basically admitted she was the definition of a basica but I didn't have the heart to burst her bubble even though he addresses women trying to skip ahead in the process. I think that part might've went in one ear and out the other.

I won't tell you why she thought she had spartaned this one man in particularo_O. I was just like "you go girl", maybe I'm a bad friend :drunk::spinning:
:lol: Some of our friends just aint ready. Like mine who just stayed in defense mode on everything he said.

I gifted to my cousin for her birthday in August and she got engaged in Christmas. She says it changed her life! I'm glad it worked my 2 friends who need it don't want to read it because theyre not into stuff like that. They think self help books are a sham! They'll both be single for another decade.

I didn't read the book to the end but I will admit the changes adapted reflected positively in my personal life.
I believe the advice to be valid yet it should be tweaked to fit one's personality.
To simply make no change or say the book is useless in my opinion is wrong.

I gifted to my cousin for her birthday in August and she got engaged in Christmas. She says it changed her life! I'm glad it worked my 2 friends who need it don't want to read it because theyre not into stuff like that. They think self help books are a sham! They'll both be single for another decade.

What steps did she implement?
What did she do differently?
What changes did she see in the guy?

Spill!!

This year I decided to change my mindframe. Im going to go into this with a positive outlook. Every person I meet is someone new to learn about and either I can make a new friend or not, or make a connection lol. It also gives me reason to wear all these nice items I have in my closet and to be appreciated by guys lol
giphy.gif

What steps did she implement?
What did she do differently?
What changes did she see in the guy?

Spill!!

Sorry for the late response, just seeing this.

I have yet to talk to her in depth about the book. She said the book helped her address her insecurities and realize all the mistakes she was making in her relationship. I do know he gave her a promise ring about a year prior and the family had major jokes.

I'll ask her these questions as all I said was congrats :look:

Still slowly working my way through the book. I've been talking to one of my Saturday dates (I've got two) almost everyday - he calls me and talks so I let him.

In my former (basic) days I'd be concerned about being interesting enough and would miss red flags. He does the majority of the talking and I do the majority of the questioning. Very informative.

I think I've started to accept myself more.

Why was I ever intimidated by men? Why did I place so much stock into having a bf? Is it for validation or some meaning for self worth? Half of these men have their own issues and self esteem problems, and I'm trying to do back flips for them?

No! Not anymore. I can only be myself and if that's not good enough then too bad.

Back