Why Do Men Love B******

I was madly in love with my ex but i treated him like a complete ***** most of the time. I acted so spoilt - i felt myself doing it but couldn't help it. He was very much a man's man and complained that i was emasculating him with the way i spoke to him. He was very good looking and hard working too.

I asked him, 'why the hell are you with me then? Walk away if you want'.
He said he was in love with me and wanted to make it work and that he would just have to put up with my ways:ohwell:

No... I really think guys like it. And I'm definitely not complaining. I should have started acting like this sooner.

umm for those of you who have read this book

ok so my ex did something i didnt like and i told him i didnt like what he did but i was a little overly harsh and dramatic...i kind felt bad and i apoligzed for the way i spoke to him but i said i was still mad about what he did..... now im thinking about how he did something that pissed me off and he never apoligized but he did make up for it somewhat....im feeling like i did too much to explain my mess up while he did not :spinning: hmm maybe this is why itll never work out...i wasnt b*tchy enough from the start

ugh i feel like my ex has read this book before...he does all the same stuff it says women should do to men....and i try to be b*tchy but he always can hold out longer ...i guess hell end up with someone that can keep him guessing since i usually give out after awhile

Last edited:
have any of you applied some of her suggestions while in a relationship and if so, did they work? Is this a book better read before you get into a relationship?
Yes...rather, what it did was make it glaringly apparent to me that he was NOT the one to worry about, because of how he responded to my self love.

umm for those of you who have read this book

ok so my ex did something i didnt like and i told him i didnt like what he did but i was a little overly harsh and dramatic...i kind felt bad and i apoligzed for the way i spoke to him but i said i was still mad about what he did..... now im thinking about how he did something that pissed me off and he never apoligized but he did make up for it somewhat....im feeling like i did too much to explain my mess up while he did not :spinning: hmm maybe this is why itll never work out...i wasnt b*tchy enough from the start

ugh i feel like my ex has read this book before...he does all the same stuff it says women should do to men....and i try to be b*tchy but he always can hold out longer ...i guess hell end up with someone that can keep him guessing since i usually give out after awhile

I don't know how old you are, but I know that men my age don't really respond to words, but action or lack of it. If you know what I'm saying...

I don't know how old you are, but I know that men my age don't really respond to words, but action or lack of it. If you know what I'm saying...

i agree but i didnt react when it happened....which lead him to believe everything was great...it was a few days later i told him what he did that bugged me...im sure i wouldnt even have typed this post if i had handled it right away....but i never do :drunk:

This book is a good read. Travis' book is good too.

I would post more but I don't want "certain" immature spying people google'ing my member name and reading my business.

Real speak!!!

i agree but i didnt react when it happened....which lead him to believe everything was great...it was a few days later i told him what he did that bugged me...im sure i wouldnt even have typed this post if i had handled it right away....but i never do :drunk:

I love this thread - its my speciality.

A woman who doesn't react and tries to repair a relationship when he is in the wrong is seen as a bit of a doormat by men. Even if you have been in a relationship for years men still feel they need to 'chase' you. It keeps them on their toes.

My longest relationship was for 8 years and i held the title for Drama Queen of the year for every single one of those years. :lachen:

Let me say i'm in no way calculated in my behaviour, its just my personality to act-up when things don't go my way :lachen:. My ex still says i drove him crazy but he loved it, saw me as being assertive and independent and it was cute. :spinning:

If you want to give it a go watch a 5 year old act up when they don't get their own way, then copy :lachen::lachen:(and half the time they end up getting what they want just to keep them quiet)

I love this thread - its my speciality.

A woman who doesn't react and tries to repair a relationship when he is in the wrong is seen as a bit of a doormat by men. Even if you have been in a relationship for years men still feel they need to 'chase' you. It keeps them on their toes.

My longest relationship was for 8 years and i held the title for Drama Queen of the year for every single one of those years. :lachen:

Let me say i'm in no way calculated in my behaviour, its just my personality to act-up when things don't go my way :lachen:. My ex still says i drove him crazy but he loved it, saw me as being assertive and independent and it was cute. :spinning:

If you want to give it a go watch a 5 year old act up when they don't get their own way, then copy :lachen::lachen:(and half the time they end up getting what they want just to keep them quiet)

This made me laugh out loud. :lachen:

Amen to that! EVERY time I'm good to these men I get screwed over. Never again . It will be my way or bye-bye to you:yep:

I hear you.

And it's sucks because I'm not a naturally *****y person. I have my moments, but overall, I'm a sweetheart if I care about you. Being a bytch is gonna take some effort since it's not really who I am. I hate that. :look:

MissScarlet I woulda never pegged you for a b****ice princess. Just goes to show you can be sweet and still have your way if you play your cards right.:king:

I have a subject I'm going to experiment some things on and see what kind of response I get.

You know what I take that back, after reading that, it just all makes so much sense. This isn't going to be an experiment, it's a whole new way of life!

Oh I'm known to be *****y:lachen:uhh most don't call me sweet either:look: I'm glad I do a good job of tempering my words around here with a touch of sweetness.

Seriously, I keep dh on his toes and all guys I dated. I'm telling you, men are like babies and dogs, you can train them how to teach you. It comes naturally for me to be that way though, I just don't settle, don't accept and if a guy thinks you're high maintenance, then that's not the guy for you, either they will love it or not, move on. All guys I dated love it. When I read that book, I was like oh wow, a book written for me about me:lachen:

Then folks ask me how I get dh to pump my gas for me, well......

I hear you.

And it's sucks because I'm not a naturally *****y person. I have my moments, but overall, I'm a sweetheart if I care about you. Being a bytch is gonna take some effort since it's not really who I am. I hate that. :look:

I know, see that's what I hate, a person can't change how they are. I think that the premise of the book just means, have a standard and make the men you date rise to it, if they don't, don't sit there and sympathize or make excuses, move on. Don't accept the 'little' things they do, lies or whatever b/c those little things add up to them.

See my above post....men are like dogs...don't dogs smell fear and use it to attack you?? :yep::yep:Don't show them that you will bend or be weak for them and they won't walk all over you.

<<<I acted so spoilt - i felt myself doing it but couldn't help it. He was very much a man's man and complained that i was emasculating him with the way i spoke to him. He was very good looking and hard working too.>>>

I concur with that...if you are spoiled by nature and it's really you...no need to temper that. Guys who can get with it, will...and they'll think it's cute...and then they'll spoil you more. It WONT work at ALL if you act like that you have some sort of problem...or if you act like you KNOW your spoiledness is unbearable and thanking him for putting up with difficult you.

The whole emasculating thing...my guy's a man's man and i have a habit of asking him what's wrong...and if he's sick too much for his taste as well...and i'm trying to control it. Even if he is throwing up and ill, unless he needs to go to the hospital he really wants me to treat him like he's basically fine. Or just make him some of my special tea and then act like he's fine. This takes practice for me. Actually sometimes when I feel like I'm being selfish with him, he doesnt see it that way at ALL.

I know, see that's what I hate, a person can't change how they are. I think that the premise of the book just means, have a standard and make the men you date rise to it, if they don't, don't sit there and sympathize or make excuses, move on. Don't accept the 'little' things they do, lies or whatever b/c those little things add up to them.

See my above post....men are like dogs...don't dogs smell fear and use it to attack you?? :yep::yep:Don't show them that you will bend or be weak for them and they won't walk all over you.

Yep, you're absolutely right!

I've actually gotten at not accepting shyt. You say you're gonna call and you don't- you get the boot. You say you're gonna meet me for drinks, you don't call or give me an explanation the next time I talk to you, you get the boot. If you can't do the little things you say you're gonna do, that doesn't bode well for how I think you'll handle the more important things.

Can I just say I got a little taste of how effective tactic is yesterday.

Some might remember I was seeing a guy late last year that I met on BlackPeopleMeet.com. Well things went downhilll around December or so, and we stopped seeing each. Now, he just hits me up on IM every now and then to say hi. Mind you this was part of the problem. He stopped calling, we stopped going out, our communication was strictly via IM or text message. Basically he stopped putting in any kind of effort.

So he hits me up yesterday asking if we can still be friends. I said no and I told him exactly why. When I tell y'all I was being a straight bytch, I mean I was a straight bytch!! Everything he said, I was like whatever, mmm hmm, whatever. Even told him to kiss my *** (extreme I know, but he was pissing me off). After all of this, he goes "I love talking to you, you present a challenge". :perplexed

Absolutely mind boggling, I tell you. Maybe I need to go get the book for real. :look:

Last edited:

Some might remember I was seeing a guy late last year that I met on BlackPeopleMeet.com. Well things went downhilll around December or so, and we stopped seeing each. Now, he just hits me up on IM every now and then to say hi. Mind you this was part of the problem. He stopped calling, we stopped going out, our communication was strictly via IM or text message. Basically he stopped putting in any kind of effort.

So he hits me up yesterday asking if we can still be friends. I said no and I told him exactly why. When I tell y'all I was being a straight bytch, I mean I was a straight bytch!! Everything he said, I was like whatever, mmm hmm, whatever. Even told him to kiss my *** (extreme I know, but he was pissing me off). After all of this, he goes "I love talking to you, you present a challenge". :perplexed

Absolutely mind boggling, I tell you. Maybe I need to go get the book for real. :look:

There you go :clap:

Right and throwing you crumbs like that's all you can get..UGH...I hear about this all the time:rolleyes::yep:

Good for you!!!!!

There you go :clap:

Girl, I was over here :spinning:

I was waiting for him to tell me where I could go and nope, never happened.

After all that, he was still trying to get me to give him another chance. Talking about leaving the past in the past and all that nonsense.

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Right and throwing you crumbs like that's all you can get..UGH...I hear about this all the time:rolleyes::yep:

Good for you!!!!!

Miss S. - I've said it before and I'll say it again. Technology is making negros lazy as hell. I've had this same issue with 2 other guys since I stopped messing with this dude. It's cool for awhile, but when it becomes the only way we communicate, that's a problem.

And people always wondered how my evil *** always kept a man. I didn't put up with ish and men loved it!!! Q

And people always wondered how my evil *** always kept a man. I didn't put up with ish and men loved it!!! Q

LOL. It's crazy, Q.

I've always said that for me, it didn't pay to be "the good girl" but I kinda just saying it out of bitterness. Now I'm starting to think it was actually true.

Won't make that mistake again. :look:

LOL. It's crazy, Q.

I've always said that for me, it didn't pay to be "the good girl" but I kinda just saying it out of bitterness. Now I'm starting to think it was actually true.

Won't make that mistake again. :look:

I started off trying to be the nice gf. All that got me was a broken heart. I didn't want to be a b at all. It just so happens I got fed up and flipped it on men. Then when I saw it was working, I stuck to it. It got a little out of hand at one point when I had several guys at one time:look: But in the end it paid off. Even though I didn't have to do too much with dh. He is just a good guy and treated me the way he wanted someone to treat his mother. I def hit the jackpot with him!!!! Q

ditto--we are here queen beeee---
my girls r always like omg--i cant believe u just said that to him--im like yes i did and never ever ever have a problem keeping a man--men love a women who will be like--what nah bro *** that--this is how its gonna work--lolol
works every time and i even surprise my damn self the way i talk to men in general--every yr i push the limit a lil more---luv it--will never change a thing about the way my system works...

Back