Letting him pay your cab fare

SincerelyJane
I'm glad you asked the question even if the thread went a little left :giggle:. We need to have these kinds of conversations. I don't think anyone thinks you have low standards either, you sound like an independent and intelligent woman who had a dating question, that is all. Good luck on continuing to express your feminine energies, it's a rewarding journey.

@barbiesocialite You're passionate about this topic, huh? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LMAO. this thread is right on time.

expecting me to take myself is the best way never see me. im driving/transporting, im not going. lol

forget the cab fare, dude could arrive in a limo but let that limo show up 10 mins late ill be in my pjays & cowboy boots calling it a scrapbook & origami night. :lachen:

Going on a date requires transportation.

If a man invites a woman on a date, ensuring or supplying transportation to go on the date is a part of the package deal. She's not taking herself out. lol

But as a rule with everyone (friends, fam, date, etc), if someone invites me somewhere 9 times out of 10 I expect to be picked up from my house and driven back home. After all, going out was their idea. If I wanted to go through the hassle of driving and burning gas money it would have been *my* idea to go out. Furthermore, if do decide to drive myself for whatever reason (usually to their house NOT the venue) depending on how far I have travel, I expect an offer of gas money. W/o consideration & appreciation for my efforts, there might not get a second date. One thing is certain, in the event of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th date I most certainly WILL NOT be driving myself again. no thanks. If I were in a city where cabs are the primary method of transportation I would expect my date to ALWAYS pay for cab fare. ALWAYS. Matter of fact, I would expect the guy to ride with me to and from the date. If you are taking me out, I expect to be taken out---which means come to my house and *take* me out. After it's over *take* me back to the exact same place where you picked me up.

Also, I'm someone that tends to do what makes me happiest. I do what I want or what I feel like doing. For me, unless you arrive at my door there will be no guarantee that I will be attendance. If something happens on the day of the date where I dont feel like driving, I won't. w/o my date supplying firsthand transportation, date cancelled. Cabs? arrange one, be in the cab, pay for it then tip the driver or date cancelled.

For some reason this just gave me a good chuckle here at work :giggle:. It's like I just visualized this whole situation! You are no joke! LOL!

I don't see any wrong tones in this thread. It's just different opinions. Did you really expect everybody to say the same thing?:look:

Y'all need to stop getting mad over nothing.

Come on girl. Obviously this was directed at the OP :rolleyes: :lol:

I think it was a sweet gesture, I don't think he was obligated to do that, I don't think I should run around expecting men to pay my cab care, but if you live in that world great. I'm happy

I just hate the tone these sorts of threads take sometimes. People are like duhhhhh take his money girl :lol:. Clearly the situation didnt read that obvious to me, hence me asking the forum about it.

At this point I wouldn't have an issue taking money for him. But if we're to be in the same situation with another guy, I still don't know if I would take the money. I know you all think it's normal, I just think its weird for a first date.

There's nothing wrong with a man giving you money...unless, it's payment for doing something that you're ashamed of.:look:

Otherwise, its a good thing. And I would rather he give me the money than directly to the cabbie...unless he was riding with me.

Eh theres nothing wrong with giving it to me, but I think its cuter, easier, and more impressive for it to just be "taken care of" before I even get inside the cab.
Like I like the mystery of wondering, when did he have time to do this?

Huh?? :look:

Okay.:lol:

Eh theres nothing wrong with giving it to me, but I think its cuter, easier, and more impressive for it to just be "taken care of" before I even get inside the cab.
Like I like the mystery of wondering, when did he have time to do this?

:lol: What's with this shade mess y'all keep talking about on here?!? I ain't throwing no darn shade.:lol: I just don't get what you're trying to say, but didn't really care to ask any questions. That's all. I don't care about y'all that much.:look:

why do you keep trying to throw weak shade? I'm confused?

I don't see any wrong tones in this thread. It's just different opinions. Did you really expect everybody to say the same thing?:look:

Y'all need to stop getting mad over nothing.

Yeah there definitely some opinions I value more than others. And to be frank I don't really care about yours. But you can go ahead and keep posting if you want.

:lol: @ ALL OF THIS. Who cares if you like my posts/comments?? And I WILL keep posting. No need for you to tell me to.:nono: And you probably don't care for my post for the same reason you had to make a thread like this.

Yeah there definitely some opinions I value more than others. And to be frank I don't really care about yours. But you can go ahead and keep posting if you want.

I will never understand why people post, ask for opinions, and then get their feelings hurt when they don't get the opinions/responses/answers they wanted.

^^you two are like peas in a pod. Same fonting style, abrasive personality, and IIRC you two even sorta look alike :lol:.

I'm not upset FYI, I actually see some humor in all this.

We're two peas in a pod?? Why is that? Because neither one of us understand why you are acting crazy?? :perplexed

^^you two are like peas in a pod. Same fonting style, abrasive personality, and IIRC you two even sorta look alike :lol:.

I'm not upset FYI, I actually see some humor in all this.

I understand why you felt uncomfortable, SincerelyJane. You might have had to tell the man how much the fare to your apartment was, and that's just weird.
However, it's really nice of him to offer, and it is much, much appreciated. I definitely used to hate having to pay an expensive cab fare back home because some negro wanted to keep me out past a certain time, even though we were hanging out in his neighborhood. Said negro would occasionally pay for my cab fare, and I would have frankly preferred if he always did it. But, it would be yucky to ask.

My last recent guy always paid for my cab fare. In fact, he'd frequently order the cab and come pick me up. That was the most chivalrous cab behavior I'd experienced. I was once at a get-together somewhere and we were meeting his friends for dinner, and I'd lost track of time, and so he sent a cab for me, and when I arrived at the restaurant, he was waiting outside, wallet in hand ready to pay. I too had my wallet in hand. He opened the door and was like: what are you doing? Do you think I'm letting you pay?:infatuated:

I told him it was sweet that he'd arranged transport for me, and he told me: it would have been sweeter if I'd come in the cab to get you. Made me think: well dang, I'm not used to nice things or something:sad::lol: He also said, at a later time, that he takes care of my transportation because he never wants it to be a worry for me, and he wants to make sure I get home the safest way possible.

Now that that standard has been set, I don't think I can be okay with a man letting me get into some expensive cab and waving bye to me. I'd be looking like::confused::look: let me get out this car right now.

I understand why you felt uncomfortable, SincerelyJane. You might have had to tell the man how much the fare to your apartment was, and that's just weird.
However, it's really nice of him to offer, and it is much, much appreciated. I definitely used to hate having to pay an expensive cab fare back home because some negro wanted to keep me out past a certain time, even though we were hanging out in his neighborhood. Said negro would occasionally pay for my cab fare, and I would have frankly preferred if he always did it. But, it would be yucky to ask.

My last recent guy always paid for my cab fare. In fact, he'd frequently order the cab and come pick me up. That was the most chivalrous cab behavior I'd experienced. I was once at a get-together somewhere and we were meeting his friends for dinner, and I'd lost track of time, and so he sent a cab for me, and when I arrived at the restaurant, he was waiting outside, wallet in hand ready to pay. I too had my wallet in hand. He opened the door and was like: what are you doing? Do you think I'm letting you pay?:infatuated:

I told him it was sweet that he'd arranged transport for me, and he told me: it would have been sweeter if I'd come in the cab to get you. Made me think: well dang, I'm not used to nice things or something:sad::lol: He also said, at a later time, that he takes care of my transportation because he never wants it to be a worry for me, and he wants to make sure I get home the safest way possible.

Now that that standard has been set, I don't think I can be okay with a man letting me get into some expensive cab and waving bye to me. I'd be looking like::confused::look: let me get out this car right now.

Lol! I totally understand. I feel like every guy I've dated has raised the expectations for the next one just a little bit higher. Which is probably how it should be :lol:

But your guy sounds really nice! I rectified the cab fare thing with this guy by just having him come hang out in my neighborhood since he works late and there's a lot to do here anyway. At the end of the date he walks me home and finds his own way back to his place.

My last relationship was long distance for a little bit and he would send a car to pick me up from the airport and to drop me off if he wasn't able to do it himself. Sometimes he would just fly me out there and cover everything. It was nice having someone just take your bags and not have to worry about anything. I was like I could get used to this. But he had some other issues I couldn't get past, so that was that :lol:.

He was sweet though. :)

Cab fare, outfit fare, heel fare, keep your skin soft fare, whatever you are willing to plunk down I'm taking.

Back