Ladies, I'm thinking about doing an experiment....

Got my book yesterday....how sweet the author personalized it on the inside for me...

Sent from my LG-P509 using LG-P509

Just got my book today as well and he personalized as well for me! How thoughtful of him. I'm eager to start reading it after I'm finished with Margaret Kent's book which is amazing by the way! She addresses many subjects pertaining to men that I wanted to implement and enhance regarding my relationships with men. These books will be my staples! Lol

I'll go with Kent's book for now. It seems like it's backed with good reviews from folks it has worked for. I'm curious about what is so special about the book.

I want to piggy back on this....ladies, please learn how to cook for yourselves.

Anyone over the age 21 should know how to cook a meal to FEED THEMSELVES. Cooking for a FH and children should really be secondary.

And women remember you don't have to cook all the time or know how to cook everything. A few signature yummy items is enough: mac & cheese, spaghetti, etc. And a man will love it if you just make him a really good sandwich. Seriously, a really good turkey sandwich, his favorite chips and an ice cold drink will also make him melt. Men love to be catered to. The right one though will also wine and dine you in return:yep:.

I'll go with Kent's book for now. It seems like it's backed with good reviews from folks it has worked for. I'm curious about what is so special about the book.

I have tried the get him talking technique, and it really works.
He told me so much about himself.Now I have to impliment the f.l.i.r.t. principle from the ring formula.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Getting more books and books and books and books.... kinda liek that racks on top of racks song.... Gets tiresome and more depressing...

I have tried the get him talking technique, and it really works.
He told me so much about himself.Now I have to impliment the f.l.i.r.t. principle from the ring formula.

Isn't it amazing how these two books complement each other. Its like a goof proof plan. In my case, I really need to do the exercises in the ring formula book. I have a few things to figure out ....like what i want in a man... and were to find him/positioning.

Isn't it amazing how these two books complement each other. Its like a goof proof plan. In my case, I really need to do the exercises in the ring formula book. I have a few things to figure out ....like what i want in a man... and were to find him/positioning.

The exercises are really good. They make you ask yourself some though questions, which has really help me grow.

Ok, I read the third chapter of his book. I have to recant my comment about not buying his book and just watching his youtube video. I'm HAPPY that I bought this book.

I LOVE the way he is emphasizing that women should show respect and love to each other. Instead of competing and demoralizing each other.

Also the third chapter mentions about allowing your inner love show, smile, be courteous, etc. For years MEN will tell me to stop looking so upset. I would just frown more, but today, I decided to genuinely smile more.I received more people talking to me, smiling back, a young man open and held the door open for me. Plus, it felt good! (Not that I was depress or anything. Sometimes, I just have a really serious look on my face.)

He makes good sense. I love the exercises. Chapter 3 exercises are forcing me to think hard!!!

I'm at at the end of the book where its the FAQ being answered. This book has been an real opening. I have become a lot more focused as to what I want.:yep:

The same thing, happened to me when I followed the details of chapter 3 that was the turn around...I wasn't even done with chapter 3 and I applied a part of what it said and already men where talking to me , opening doors as well.

Ok, I read the third chapter of his book. I have to recant my comment about not buying his book and just watching his youtube video. I'm HAPPY that I bought this book.

I LOVE the way he is emphasizing that women should show respect and love to each other. Instead of competing and demoralizing each other.

Also the third chapter mentions about allowing your inner love show, smile, be courteous, etc. For years MEN will tell me to stop looking so upset. I would just frown more, but today, I decided to genuinely smile more.I received more people talking to me, smiling back, a young man open and held the door open for me. Plus, it felt good! (Not that I was depress or anything. Sometimes, I just have a really serious look on my face.)

He makes good sense. I love the exercises. Chapter 3 exercises are forcing me to think hard!!!

Last edited:
Any updates OP? Or anyone else who's read it... Are there any other elements of the book that you are applying?

I finished reading the book and I'm applying everything from the ring formula. I tested a little bit when I had the opportunity to position myself where the type of men I want would be . From the small amount of hours that I tested it started raining men. I also starting paying attention more to relationships around me... Like I was watching a documentary about prince william and kate... listen closely and keep the ring formula in mind...you she pulled the formula on his but and she is now a queen. The author is so on its not even funny.:yep:

I loathe these type of books and feel they don't work, but I downloaded a sample of the ring book to my kindle...

I have a cousin who is getting married next week and she never cooked a day in her life for her man!!! They had a long distance relationship... like really far away... California and Michigan.

And I always read advice that the opposite of the Ring Formula for getting married to a man... not doing the wifely things for him before marriage.

Not sure if this is the "new age" train of thought... but my mother never nurtured my dad before they got married. Never paid for dates. Never cooked for him. Never called him. Never went to visit him. Nothing. My dad did ALL the work and they are still married over 30 years.

I heard the same thing. But I think you have to "tweak" suggestions to work in your favor. The men I dated/dating I know what I will or won't do for them.

Will I cook for a DATE? HAYELL NAW!!! Will I cook for a boyfriend (exclusive) sure and sparingly; as long as I get something I need as well.

I have a cousin who is getting married next week and she never cooked a day in her life for her man!!! They had a long distance relationship... like really far away... California and Michigan.

And I always read advice that the opposite of the Ring Formula for getting married to a man... not doing the wifely things for him before marriage.

Not sure if this is the "new age" train of thought... but my mother never nurtured my dad before they got married. Never paid for dates. Never cooked for him. Never called him. Never went to visit him. Nothing. My dad did ALL the work and they are still married over 30 years.

I think people have to find what works for them..... The book really talks about communicating effectively, being a good friend your man and not settling for anything. The first chapter is not a good representation of the entire book at all. If you get a chance to read the entire book, you should. He really gives very sound advice about relationships.

Op, what about Kate's relationship reminded you of The Ring Formula?

To those that have read the book, he gives some advice about letting your 'man' (not husband) lead and gives the example of a man making a financial decision and the woman choosing not to follow - and being right! However, after his investment goes belly up - she gives him money to fix it. Oh yeah, and she cooks him a meal in her stilettos and thats makes him feel supported (and reminds him how sexy she is and what a great cook she is) and the engagement's back on.

:ohwell:

All I could hear when I read this part was Judge Judy saying "No madam, you gave him $5000 even when he proved to you he makes bad financial decisions and you still gave him money...AND you're not even married? Stoopid!"

Any views? Have I misinterpretted this? There's a LOT of great advice in the book but this piece here wasnt one of them IMO.

Last edited:
To those that have read the book, he gives some advice about letting your 'man' (not husband) lead and gives the example of a man making a financial decision and the woman choosing not to follow - and being right! However, after his investment goes belly up - she gives him money to fix it. Oh yeah, and she cooks him a meal in her stilettos and thats makes him feel supported (and reminds him how sexy she is and what a great cook she is) and the engagement's back on.

:ohwell:

All I could hear when I read this part was Judge Judy saying "No madam, you gave him $5000 even when he proved to you he makes bad financial decisions and you still gave him money...AND you're not even married? Stoopid!"

Any views? Have I misinterpretted this? There's a LOT of great advice in the book but this piece here wasnt one of them IMO.

I've read that chapter and it sounds like you may have misinterpreted the point he tried to make. In this example the woman previously withdrew all of her money from a shared account and was 100% unsupportive of his venture. When she tried to mend the relationship she did that by cooking a nice dinner, etc and used the check as a SYMBOL of her trust, she told him to "do as you deem best for us. I TRUST you." Really this is just an example of a woman who had to learn to be supportive and trusting of her man even when he wasn't making a "good" decision, the money meant nothing...the love, loyalty, support and trust meant everything.

Also, I'm not implying that this would work in real life (it's possible though), what she did was pretty hurtful and selfish but overall his point was to emphasis the power of submission, trust, loyalty and having a supportive attitude.

I'm also enjoying the book, especially the application sections!

He was on a radio show not too long ago and he said that he was once married. He said that he wrote this book because after his divorce he saw all of the mistakes women were making while dating him. Since then he seems to have found a woman that is good match. I too wandered why he wasn't married but it seems as though this may have sprung from his experiences in marriage and a divorce as well as his desire to help get and keep black families together.

Also, I'm not implying that this would work in real life (it's possible though), what she did was pretty hurtful and selfish but overall his point was to emphasis the power of submission, trust, loyalty and having a supportive attitude.

I'm also enjoying the book, especially the application sections!

Thanks for that - I can kinda see. I think maybe it was a poor example (the fact that they had a joint account etc in the first place).

Its so interesting to hear some of these things from a mans pov. Because I would honestly find it difficult to submit to a man when I know good and well he's making a bad decision. She went about it on a horrible way but I did also think....why couldnt he listen to her (and the experience of her dad who was experienced in that field)?....

Aside from that one, I'm loving it!! Has opened my eyes a lot to things that I may've done and said in the past and I realised I'm a little laid back in relationships and get defensive about the wrong things....

Last edited:
Can someone give the Cliff Notes version of these books? I have read a few books like the 5 Love Languages and Things I Wish I Knew Before I Got Married and I found both to be very helpful.

Back