It's 1/2/15 How many dates have you had?

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
:lachen: this is the 3rd year for this thread. If you are single and want to date I need you to come in here and check in. This is the dating accountability thread. I will call names this year!

I have had ZERO dates. It is cold and rainy. I have canceled 2. I have decided this year to minimize nonsense dates. I know some people have zero chance so I'm just going to turn them down.

Last year was a bust. Looking to be very busy this year in more ways than one.
A guy I blew off late last year wants us to go out.
Not sure I want that, he comes with a warning label. :perplexed

0 so far but I think things will pick up during spring time. I'm getting my body right getting ready for swimsuit season

Had one on New Year's Day. Got one on Sunday and another on next Wednesday.

Oh and all with different guys :spinning:

Wait so what is the goal of this thread? :
1) To date, and just date a lot
2) To date to find a SO
2) To seek out the one aka DH

Last edited:
2) To date to find a SO

All of the above? The theory is that number 1 will lead to number 2 which will lead to number 3.

The more dates you go on the better chances you have of meeting someone you like aka THE ONE. I don't know how true it is but can't hurt to try. Sitting at home watching Archer reruns sure ain't doing it :lol: (speaking for myself of course).

I'll check in once spring hits. I cut off four potentials because 1. I'm not ready to date yet (recent heartbreak) 2. I need to work on myself (diet, exercise, spiritual, blah blah).....oh, and I wasn't particularly attracted to them :) There was nothing wrong with them, I guess I'm just a wee bit superficial. I am not excited about dating prospects in this city, so I don't feel like I'm missing out by standing on the sidelines for a bit.

I met a guy on nye who later got drunk and didn't get my number. I'm claiming that as something lol

All of the above? The theory is that number 1 will lead to number 2 which will lead to number 3.

The more dates you go on the better chances you have of meeting someone you like aka THE ONE. I don't know how true it is but can't hurt to try. Sitting at home watching Archer reruns sure ain't doing it :lol: (speaking for myself of course).
aviddiva77
:lol: And that's exactly what I've been doing since yesterday... Literally LOL'ing all by myself... Waiting for the new season to start...
Lawd, let me get a life right now.

I had my first date of 2015 last night. Nice dinner date, He didn't wow me but he has all the check boxes so he will stay in rotation for now.

Nothing wrong with a little "me" time. I was thinking about doing online dating.

Online dating.. so many pros and cons. I literally would have like 1 date every 6 months if I wasn't online but then you have to deal with so much crap :lol:

I got this message just now:
"Happy New Year to you,Well I saw you pictures and read your profile so I would not mind if we can get to know each other better.You can get back to me on my mobile numer which is 9292206548 and from there we can share more pictures."

You 'wouldn't mind if we can get to know each other"? Well I for one mind.

And here's your number so we can share more pictures?? Negro I already have 10 pictures of me from varying angles, so no I will not be getting back to you. :rolleyes:

Online dating.. so many pros and cons. I literally would have like 1 date every 6 months if I wasn't online but then you have to deal with so much crap :lol:

I got this message just now:
"Happy New Year to you,Well I saw you pictures and read your profile so I would not mind if we can get to know each other better.You can get back to me on my mobile numer which is 9292206548 and from there we can share more pictures."

You 'wouldn't mind if we can get to know each other"? Well I for one mind.

And here's your number so we can share more pictures?? Negro I already have 10 pictures of me from varying angles, so no I will not be getting back to you. :rolleyes:

Then there's that as well. I'm the same you have to come at me in such a way or to the delete/ignore pile you go.

Last edited:
None yet, but Im tentatively moving to Houston by March of this year, pending a interview this upcoming week. So just waiting before I start throwing out lines to any fishies. Hope that dating pool will have eligible bachelors. :yep:

2) To date to find a SO

It depends on where you are in your life I am looking for husband material

IHatechu...

I feel like there is a bunch of misguided love in this post. Date and hate no more :bighug:

0. I could have one. But I would have to ask him out though. Not sure my ego is ready for that yet.

Does not compute. Details please

Had one on New Year's Day. Got one on Sunday and another on next Wednesday.

Oh and all with different guys :spinning:

High 5 this is how we do it (Montel Jordan voice)

this-is-how-we-do-it-o.gif

this-is-how-we-do-it-o.gif

I'll check in once spring hits. I cut off four potentials because 1. I'm not ready to date yet (recent heartbreak) 2. I need to work on myself (diet, exercise, spiritual, blah blah).....oh, and I wasn't particularly attracted to them :) There was nothing wrong with them, I guess I'm just a wee bit superficial. I am not excited about dating prospects in this city, so I don't feel like I'm missing out by standing on the sidelines for a bit.

I see a bunch of words but all I hear is excuses. :whip: There are men everywhere attract them draw them in like the magnetic woman you are

None yet, but Im tentatively moving to Houston by March of this year, pending a interview this upcoming week. So just waiting before I start throwing out lines to any fishies. Hope that dating pool will have eligible bachelors. :yep:

:woot: Houston in the house pm a sista

my date is at 630 and I haven't showered i'm a terrible person I'm going to be late

logging off. as should you if you had zero dates in 2014 get off the comp and on a date

PretteePlease. I meet a lot of men, but I'm not remotely interested in any of them :( The black professional population here is suuuuper small, but there are oodles of hood dudes :/

I've had 0 so far this year. :sad: One guy is trying to make plans for next week, but we'll see. I'm pretty ambivalent.

Ive had 3. Im not sure there's anything happening down two of those dates. The other one is a recovering ex so...eh

My first date in 2015 will be tonight.

My date went really well! He was so nice and had me laughing all night. He was a complete gentleman and even brought me flowers. We had a second date the next day and had a great time. This was a big accomplishment for me as I had some really good first dates in 2014 but no second dates :perplexed lol

Back