Is dating a man with a girlfriend/SO wrong?

Kurlee said:
I would never date a man who broke up with his girl that day! And the back and forth between two or more women is very dangerous, thye could be passing things onto each other, and i remeber in high skool i think it was in biology class, they said when u kiss someone in the mouth, their "stuff" stays in ur mouth for a couple weeks:perplexed , me personally, that makes me feel sick. Not into the sharing thing sorry.

:barf: :barf: :barf:

Kurlee said:
I would never date a man who broke up with his girl that day! And the back and forth between two or more women is very dangerous, thye could be passing things onto each other, and i remeber in high skool i think it was in biology class, they said when u kiss someone in the mouth, their "stuff" stays in ur mouth for a couple weeks:perplexed , me personally, that makes me feel sick. Not into the sharing thing sorry.

That's very interesting so even through all the teeth brushing, mouthwash rinsing and oil pulling (ha) their "stuff" stays in your mouth for weeks, hmm...

Blossssom said:
Baby mama and his kids? LOL!

And when is all that gonna come out?

"Hi, my name is Jim, and I have FIVE baby mamas, one of which I'm living with". Right.

Again, these men approach WOMEN and if they are doing something they THINK the other woman is not going to appreciate, they lie!

How the hell is me and Undefeated supposed to know? :lol:
It aint about how she suppsoed to know, its WHEN she knows it what will she do. If you KNOW a man is involved and you willingly mess with him, I think you have some messed up values and are just desperate. (You as a group not you as a person). As a woiman I would want more for myself than to COMPETE for a man (which is what I think it boils down to). At some point you kow he is with someone else so why even be involved int hat equation?

buttafly said:
That's very interesting so even through all the teeth brushing, mouthwash rinsing and oil pulling (ha) their "stuff" stays in your mouth for weeks, hmm...

:lol: Oil pulling withdraws all the toxins from the body!

I just thought about something... So u saying this particular man wasnt honest with you in the 1st place and didnt disclose that he was sleepign around? Putting you at risk for disease? And after finding out you just say "Oh well he came after me..." Eww...

nu_nu_2002 said:
It aint about how she suppsoed to know, its WHEN she knows it what will she do. If you KNOW a man is involved and you willingly mess with him, I think you have some messed up values and are just desperate. (You as a group not you as a person). As a woiman I would want more for myself than to COMPETE for a man (which is what I think it boils down to). At some point you kow he is with someone else so why even be involved in that equation?
Exactly!

And if he says he is still free until there is a ring, and she knows this and ignores it, both of them need to re-evaluate things.

Undefeated Queen said:
Hey MzLady :wave:

Apparently they felt it was a major difference between being married with a wife and having a girlfriend. :ohwell:
Well, there IS a difference, buy since I'm someone wanting a monogamous relationship, I would not indulge. It does not serve me.

Undefeated Queen said:
Just curious in what other women thought after sitting through this discussion with my former classmates. ;)

Oh yeah, I got it that you were talking about your classmates. :)

It's just that I cannot believe how often this comes up. I listen to alot of talk radio and every day there is at least two or three woman callers talking about how either she became involved with a dude who was already with somebody or wanting advice about approaching somebody who is involved with somebody.

Now I ain't above scouting out a man in a bad situation and putting things in place so that I can get my 'the clean up woman' on. But that's still a 1 to 1 man woman relationship.

nu_nu_2002 said:
It aint about how she suppsoed to know, its WHEN she knows it what will she do. If you KNOW a man is involved and you willingly mess with him, I think you have some messed up values and are just desperate. (You as a group not you as a person). As a woiman I would want more for myself than to COMPETE for a man (which is what I think it boils down to). At some point you kow he is with someone else so why even be involved int hat equation?

Ask HIM that! He knew it FIRST!

Compete? Please. Never.

If anything she's going to be competing with ME!

I didn't approach him. Got a problem? Check that man! Don't talk to me because I ain't told you anything.

shynessqueen said:
You date marry man too right?

Does it matter to you if a man is marry or not?

Not anymore... it's been over 10 years.

It matters now that I'm all grown up... I respect marriage and the fact that I haven't done anything with homeboy at the office proves I've changed.

Thank God.

I been there and done that and yes its wrong. He is committed to someone else and not you. I have to admit that while I was doing I thought, well its not like he is married or anything...but let me tell you a friend called Karma is always lurking...so to me it is wrong and I was wrong for being that chick on the side. :ohwell:

nu_nu_2002 said:
I just thought about something... So u saying this particular man wasnt honest with you in the 1st place and didnt disclose that he was sleepign around? Putting you at risk for disease? And after finding out you just say "Oh well he came after me..." Eww...

That's why God invented condoms.

Blossssom said:
It's not like you'd know it.
When dating I don't jump into things we "talk" for a very long time and he ain't getting NUTHING! Usually that weeds out the bootychases from the ones who really want to get to know u. I am very critical of people I let into my life and most of the time they don't get beyond the friend zone. being patient and giving them NOTHING, you learn ALOT, real quick!

That's good, Kurlee. I concur 100%!

It's good moral standing and it's just too much out there, but even if it weren't, it's good practice.

Blossssom said:
Ask HIM that! He knew it FIRST!

Compete? Please. Never.

If anything she's going to be competing with ME!

I didn't approach him. Got a problem? Check that man! Don't talk to me because I ain't told you anything.
So when you have somethign forst and someone tries to take it from you, that doesnt make the other person a thief? If I have somethign that you want, that doesnt make you jealous? If he is with her adn you want his time and attention, how would you get it? How are you not her competition? If both of you are pursuing the same goal that in the end only one of you can really HAVE, I thought that was competition...

**Off to find a dictionary**

So Blossom, do u believe in karma? have u ever gotten caught up in any dramatic situations? I just wonder if dating involved men ever turns out in a positive way, cuz when i think of it or see it almost always ends up as a JERRY JERRY JERRY!!!! situation?

Blossssom said:
Not anymore... it's been over 10 years.

It matters now that I'm all grown up... I respect marriage and the fact that I haven't done anything with homeboy at the office proves I've changed.

Thank God.

I'm happy for your change. You deserve so much in life and a man that is all YOURS.

Competition:
1. The act of competing, as for profit or a prize; rivalry. (prize: the man)
2. A test of skill or ability; a contest: a skating competition. (who has the better skills)
3. Rivalry between two or more businesses striving for the same customer or market. (vying for the same market)
4. A competitor: The competition has cornered the market.
5. Ecology The simultaneous demand by two or more organisms for limited environmental resources, such as nutrients, living space, or light. (I guess the man would be the resource)

Yea, in my opinion youre in competition for someone that has pretty much already been claimed...

Unfortunately, this situation does not usually end well for the two women involved. The only person coming out on top is the man who got to do both women. SWEEEEEET!

I do feel bad for the first woman though. The second woman, well, if she gets hurt, she damn well does deserve it

shynessqueen said:
I'm happy for your change. You deserve so much in life and a man that is all YOURS.
I agree... I mean beyond Kindergarden who wants to share for the rest of thier lives? Or use condoms for the rest of thier lives? I thought everyone wants something to call thier own.

nu_nu_2002 said:
So when you have somethign forst and someone tries to take it from you, that doesnt make the other person a thief? If I have somethign that you want, that doesnt make you jealous? If he is with her adn you want his time and attention, how would you get it? How are you not her competition? If both of you are pursuing the same goal that in the end only one of you can really HAVE, I thought that was competition...

**Off to find a dictionary**

You can't take something from me if it willingly went with you.

Like a car... you can't steal my car unless you get in it and it starts on its own and allows you to drive it without force.

You have to get in it and FORCE it by hotwiring it and make it drive off. Then you're stealing it from me because it didn't want to go on its own.

That's just it; I'm not pursuing your man; your man is pursuing ME! He came at ME! Not vice-versa.

If he's your man, why is he over here? Sounds like you need to compete with me in order to retrieve your "property".

Kurlee said:
So Blossom, do u believe in karma? have u ever gotten caught up in any dramatic situations? I just wonder if dating involved men ever turns out in a positive way, cuz when i think of it or see it almost always ends up as a JERRY JERRY JERRY!!!! situation?

Yea, I've a had a couple of near "Jerry! Jerry!" experiences, but they waned out after a while.

Suffice it to say, every married man (all 3 of them) are divorced today.

I don't believe in karma. What a person is going to do, a person is going to do.

What about the wife who never screwed with another woman's husband and her husband cheats on her?

nu_nu_2002 said:
I agree... I mean beyond Kindergarden who wants to share for the rest of thier lives? Or use condoms for the rest of thier lives? I thought everyone wants something to call thier own.

If people don't plan on using em, please get tested often. Married people cheat too.

nu_nu_2002 said:
So when you have somethign forst and someone tries to take it from you, that doesnt make the other person a thief?

Hmm. People are not things. God gave us all FREE WILL.

I will never bash a woman for "taking" or "stealing" my man. I'll bash my man for going with her.

Blossssom said:
You can't take something from me if it willingly went with you.

Like a car... you can't steal my car unless you get in it and it starts on its own and allows you to drive it without force.

You have to get in it and FORCE it by hotwiring it and make it drive off. Then you're stealing it from me because it didn't want to go on its own.

That's just it; I'm not pursuing your man; your man is pursuing ME! He came at ME! Not vice-versa.

If he's your man, why is he over here? Sounds like you need to compete with me in order to retrieve your "property".
But you don't have to be a catalyst to destroy a relationship nor do you have to lower yourself to have a part of a man.

Just because he pursued you does not make you any less wrong.

Why do women want to be involved with somebody who is already involved? And all the excuses like "I have him when I want him", "I don't want a relationship" and "He'll leave for me are a bunch of steamy bull.

nu_nu_2002 said:
Competition:
1. The act of competing, as for profit or a prize; rivalry. (prize: the man)
2. A test of skill or ability; a contest: a skating competition. (who has the better skills)
3. Rivalry between two or more businesses striving for the same customer or market. (vying for the same market)
4. A competitor: The competition has cornered the market.
5. Ecology The simultaneous demand by two or more organisms for limited environmental resources, such as nutrients, living space, or light. (I guess the man would be the resource)

Yea, in my opinion youre in competition for someone that has pretty much already been claimed...

Naw, because he came to me WILLINGLY! I didn't have to compete with her to get him; he wanted to come to me.

I didn't have to do anything. LOL!

She did! Calling me all the damn time asking me to leave her husband alone. I told her to tell him to quit calling me.

Ha! Like he stopped! That was my last affair.

I'm not like that anymore.

Back