I'm Bra-Strap Length, BABY!!!!!

4.gif
Congrats!!!
4.gif
Your hair looks so soft!
15.gif

MizaniMami said:
Lavendar, girl I am just a ramblin'.:lol: I got a little bootleg baggie method tutorial in my fotki. I don't use the roller that I got often since I get too lazy but now I just put my hair in one big twist and baggie it. I use profective breakfree leave-in and seal it with sosme kemi oyl. Sometimes I will use Keracare Humecto. If my ends are extra dry and thirty I will spray them with a little water concoction first (water, humectress, humecto, oils) then put on the moisturizer and oil. Then i tie it with a big silk scrunchie apply my scarf and forget about it for the night.

Oh, I am in love with Nexxus Emergencee but since that is outta my league I was using Duo Tex, but I just sold that to someone and I have Essations Hair mender on the way. So I basicly use Nexxus Keraphix or Aveda DR treatment.

Thanks for the info Mami! I will definitely try your techniques to keep my ends intact. I would like to extend my trims. Let us know how you like the Essations! You grow girl!!! :grin:

MizaniMami said:
I am officially bra-strap length 3 mos to the day early!! I originally set my BSL date for Dec 27, 2006, but I made it early!! I didn't take any Bra-strap pics in my bra yet but here are some pics. I know I am breaking the Hide Your hair Challenge, But after this I am def. going to hide until December. I just couldn't hide this from my LHCF sisters. It was because of you guys why I actually made it.

When I stepped out of the shower my sis screeched "OMG, you did it, you have long hair." And then today she told me " I can't believe black women can grow hair." I am so thankful she said that because I am so grateful for GOD for helping me find this site. This just inspired me to wash on Sunday and get RIGHT back into the airdry/no heat thing for another 3 mos-straight!

Basicly all I did was no heat (but once every 2 mos), relaxed every 12 weeks, baggied every night except wash night, airdried, protein treats every 2-3 weeks, and moisturized twice daily. I also take mass vitamins (b150, biotin, a multivitamin, MSM, and horsetail)!

I am so happy!!!!

I included this pic, because for the longest time I was too embarassed to post it. My ends literally looked like they have been chewed on. That's from my blowdrying obsession that I have. My first few threads that I posted here, Sistaslick told me that it would be best to quit blowdrying. I was very hesitant but then I did.

I officially stopped blowdrying April 1st 2006. I took this pic in Nov 2005. But I didn't really get serious until April 2006. I wish I wouldn't have wasted those 6 mos, because basicly I got NO WHERE. I still got a looong way to go.But I can't take time back.Only 5 more inches!!!! Okay, I am finished rambling here are the pics. Happy viewing and I hope this inspires someone.

Where I started-NOVEMBER 2005
Sept28MizanitextureofSE-1.jpg

Where I am NOW-September 28, 2006- I'M BSL BABY!!!

Random Photos-
Sept28Mizani2.jpg

Sept28Mizani1.jpg
(excuse the roller clamp print)

OMG :shocked: your hair is so pretty wtg :)

whooo hoooooo!!! beauuutifulll!!! Way to go Mami!!!! Keep the GREAT work! very inspiring!!!:)

:clap:Well done mizani....can hardly believe the progress at which ur hair's grown over the last year.
Feel a bit jealous, coz my hair is no where near yours (even the before pic lol) but your post has definately given me a fresh burst of enthusiasm.:trampolin

One favour though, could you post your routine? especially how you do little or no manipulation?....Please??

So gorgeous i had to come back for another look!!!! :lol: :D Mizani, its so shiny and thick, it looks like TV/Soap Opera hair!!! So darn pretty!!!! :)

Nice job, Mizani! It looks like you're hair is going to be a few inches below BSL come December. I'm still holding on, trying not to break the challenge so I can surprise myself. It appears I'm at BSL now but since I don't want to break out the Maxiglide, I won't know for sure until the end of December. Thanks for inspiring me!

You should be the feature of the month!!!!!!!!!!!! All that progress in a year.

Oh yeah, one question: What do you use in your baggie????

Henrietta said:
:clap:Well done mizani....can hardly believe the progress at which ur hair's grown over the last year.
Feel a bit jealous, coz my hair is no where near yours (even the before pic lol) but your post has definately given me a fresh burst of enthusiasm.:trampolin

One favour though, could you post your routine? especially how you do little or no manipulation?....Please??
Wow!:eek: This thread is still going! Thanks yall, I am really appreciating the kind words. Now there is no doubt that I can make it to WSL

Pyxis, I used Silk Elements Mega Silk Relaxer (regular formula). I am going for the medium next time, since it got my hair too straight.

NewYorkgirl, in my baggie I put about tiny bit of Profectiv Breakfree and a small drop of kemi oyl. Then I mash the baggie with my palms in circular motions to distribute the stuff around the baggie.

Someone asked what I did for the shine-After I relaxed I used the Aveda DR set, used a little Aveda DR conditioner as a leave-in, sealed with some Keracare essential oils, rolled up (with nothing but water) after I had the rollers in I sprayed some Nexxus Heat protexx as a heat protector in, sat under the dryer for about 50 minutes. Un rolled, and added some Aveda Brilliant serum to each section while flat ironing it with my Sedu.

Henrietta, here is my regimen posted from my fotki Basicly what I do is I airdry in a ponytail after every wash/cowash, and keep the ponytail there until the next wash. I take it down to moisturize and I make rake the sides with a fine tooth comb (and I do mean rake) and apply my scarf. But absolutely no combing between:

***Regimnen***:
No direct heat but every 2 mos-touchup!

MOISTURIZING TWICE A DAY- with spray concoction on Ends, Thick Moisturizer Creme on hair
-spray concoction (humecto, humectress, 95% water, and oils)
-Profective Breakfree

BAGGIE EVERY NIGHT (except for wash night)

COWASH ON WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
-keracare humecto+keracare essential oils

PRE-POO/WASH/DEEP CONDITIONER ON SUNDAY/MONDAY
-prepoo-nexxus keraphix/humectress or water and oils
-shampoos-aveda damage remedy, keracare hydrating detangling, creme of nature (green label)
-deep conditioner-aveda damage remedy reconstructor, aveda damage remedy conditioner, keracare humecto, creme of nature nourishing

ACV RINSE
-85% water, 15% acv

USE LEAVE-IN EVERY WASH/COWASH
-aveda damage remedy conditioner, nexxus humectress, keracare humecto, and/or aphogee keratin spray

SEAL WITH OIL
-aveda beautifying composition oil, keracare essential oils, hot six oil, kemi oyl

APPLY EXTRA LEAVE-IN AND GREASE TO ENDS
-always castor oil grease, softee hemp grease

CLARIFY AND PROTEIN TREAT EVERY 2-3 WEEKS-
-keracare 1st lather, v05 kiwi lime and squeeze
-nexxus emergencee, nexxus keraphix

AIRDRY EVERY WASH

RELAX EVERY 3-4 MOS

FLAT IRON/ROLLERSET EVERY 1 1/2-4 MOS.

Mizani,

I am oh so late but oh so glad I saw this thread. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! The pics are such an inspiration and I'm definitely stepping my game up so I can reach bsl in '07....hopefully I'll be early like you too.

I'm a little fuzzy on you baggying every night. How do you style it most days?

Off topic- Lauren450 your hair is breathtaking!

delta_gyrl said:
Mizani,

I am oh so late but oh so glad I saw this thread. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! The pics are such an inspiration and I'm definitely stepping my game up so I can reach bsl in '07....hopefully I'll be early like you too.

I'm a little fuzzy on you baggying every night. How do you style it most days?

Off topic- Lauren450 your hair is breathtaking!

Thank you again girls!

I just style it on a ponytail or one big twist pinned up or a phony pony. I hardly wear my hair down anymore.

Congratulations. Your hair looks healthy with a lot of shine. Your hair is an inspiration for me to stay on this journey until I meet my goal.

Since I am a hardcore Aveda lover, too, I am hoping my hair will be as nice as yours is next year on my anniversary date, hopefully (fingers crossed).

Keep up the good work.

P.S. What do you use to get that shine??????????

:eek: The before and after photos are nothing short of miraculous! And in such little time?! You go (grow) girl....I'm sitting here in awe :drool: :lol:
You should definitely be feature of the month! :grin:
Congrats on achieving BEAUTIFUL BSL hair! :woot:

Wow! Me likes! Absolutely beautiful hair and 3months before your expected date. I love it! You have now been added to my list of LHCF hair idols. :) What an inspiration. I've been heat free since July and I'm getting a touch-up tomorrow so you have inspired me to continue with the no-heat routine. I think I'll add the baggy method to my winter mix and pray I get your results. Keep up the good work!

Back