If something happened to your husband . . .

Would you remarry after the death/divorce of a spouse?

• Yes, I would remarry after death or divorce.

Votes: 81 57.0%
  • No, I would not remarry under any conditions.

Votes: 25 17.6%
  • I would only remarry if we divorced.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I would remarry if I were still fairly young after divorce/death.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • It would depend on the wishes of my spouse.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other: Please Explain

Votes: 17 12.0%

• Total voters
Sistaslick said:
The idea of my husband being alone makes me feel secure. :lol: I don't think anybody could measure up to the sheer happiness I've provided him in this life. Anyone else would just be a temporary placeholder, a sheet warmer. Plus, he's got the kids, he can redistribute his love there. :lachen: I'm starting to feel like I'm being a little selfish here though. :look: :lol:

Selfish or not, I believe I'd feel the saaaaaaaaaame way about my husband. :)

joyousnerd said:
I would never remarry. No man could ever hold a candle to my husband. Even in death, we are married to each other.

We both grew up with step-parents, and the experience was hellish. To never feel welcome in your home, to know that your parent chooses this new dude/chick over you... it's terrible. I would never do that to my kids. Too many perverts *seek out* single moms. No way will I let my kids go out like that. Stepmoms might not be as likely to cross the same boundaries (with molestation) but that doesn't mean they will LOVE my kids. My kids are like the Hope Diamond to me. To another chick, they're just somebody else's leavings.

DH says he wouldn't remarry either. He's not the romantic type... he's intensely practical. When he says he'd never remarry, I believe him. I'm his dream girl. Nobody could ever take my place.

Yeah, I think this is why I feel this way. I went through the same thing with a bad step parent situation. :ohwell: He hated us and made sure we knew it. He signed on for my mom, and we'd just have to be tolerated if he wanted to have anything to do with her.:ohwell:

camellia said:
My husband wanted to get married for years. He gets lonely by himself. I love him and I really wouldn't want him to be sad and lonely if I died. He hates talking about it and sometimes starts to cry. His usual answer is he'd be overwhelmed with my death, raising the boys alone and not having anyone to make dinner, he wouldn't know where to find a another woman.

The man needs a wife.

OMG! Why did I almost start to tear up when I read this and then started laughing towards the end :lol:

Last edited:
camellia said:
My husband wanted to get married for years. He gets lonely by himself. I love him and I really wouldn't want him to be sad and lonely if I died. He hates talking about it and sometimes starts to cry. His usual answer is he'd be overwhelmed with my death, raising the boys alone and not having anyone to make dinner, he wouldn't know where to find a another woman.

The man needs a wife.

:lachen: the blunt, practical way you speak of your husband is hilarious...

camellia said:

The man needs a wife.
awwwwww :kiss: I would feel the same about my hubby. I would want him to get married if he was the lonely type.

OT:
I know back in the 1800s it was common for a man to marry the wife of his best friend or vice versa.

Example:
Bob and Betty were friends with Hatty and Herb. Bob and Hatty would marry eachother later on if their spouses passed on. Or since death and tragedy were so common back then it wasn't rare that a man would hunt for a widow or hurry up and find another wife if his first wife dies. Esp if they didnt have children. Usally its the mistress if it does happen :look: which was very common too.

Ayeshia said:
awwwwww :kiss: I would feel the same about my hubby. I would want him to get married if he was the lonely type.

OT:
I know back in the 1800s it was common for a man to marry the wife of his best friend or vice versa.

Example:
Bob and Betty were friends with Hatty and Herb. Bob and Hatty would marry eachother later on if their spouses passed on. Or since death and tragedy were so common back then it wasn't rare that a man would hunt for a widow or hurry up and find another wife if his first wife dies. Esp if they didnt have children. Usally its the mistress if it does happen :look: which was very common too.

Yes, that was very common then. Or even the sibling of their spouse.

camellia said:
I wouldn't notify my in-laws. They're very religious and wouldn't approve anyway.

Yeah, I think that would be kinda tricky even if they weren't religious. I don't know-- I can't picture me telling my MIL and sister-in laws that I found someone new who wasn't their son/brother. My name would probably be mud. :ohwell: But I can't really blame them either though because if some girl came to me saying I know your son, my husband passed, but I've found someone new-- I'd probably be a little hurt.

I'd probably just have to cut ties and avoid having this convo all together.:look:

I don't think I'll remarry. I'm happier single. UNLESS a super rich, fine sexy nerd wants to marry me.

LocksOfLuV said:
This is deep. Very deep. It just says a lot right here.

Elaboration . . . :D

and Dlewis you a mess! I never considered if a super rich option presented himself :scratchch

I don't know if I would remarry...but I would have me a boyfriend! If he desires to remarry or have a girlfriend that is his choice...if we are dead we won't know anyway. And if the marriage ended in divorce then why not have love after divorce or death.

No, i dont think i would remarry either way. Main reason being that my husband is suuuuch a good man that i dont think any other man can even compare. And 2ndly, i think i would be just as happy giving up the wifely roles/reponsibility and just be a single chick that did things by herself.....

mzcris said:
I don't know if I would remarry...but I would have me a boyfriend! If he desires to remarry or have a girlfriend that is his choice...if we are dead we won't know anyway. And if the marriage ended in divorce then why not have love after divorce or death.

See, that's what you have spirits for... so you can come back and haunt the sleezebag all on your man. :lol: I already told my husband, I WILL be back if something ain't right. Believe that. He better call Montel and tell him to ask Sylvia Brown because she'll feel me strong all up and through his presence. :lol:

Sistaslick said:
Elaboration . . . :D

and Dlewis you a mess! I never considered if a super rich option presented himself :scratchch

Well I'm not married so I can't answer. I feel like I truly won't know how I would feel until I am there. But if I am still kickin on this forum when I do get married I will bump this thread up.:D

Yes mine could remarry if I pass away,because I'll be in heaven enjoying myself so I would want him to be as happy as he could be until he get there to.

IF we divorce, I wouldn't marry again, simply because I feel I've been married all my life and although I enjoy being married I would cherish my, my time.

I would just enjoy doing what I want to do without having to worry about someone else.

I say that now, watch if I'm by myself I'll be married 6 months later talking about I just could stand the silence.

I love my marriage but I would stay single at this stage of the game.

My husband doesn't like to talk about death. I can't even tell him my last wishes.

If hubby was to pass, no I would not re-marry. My daughter loves her daddy too much. I wouldn't bring another man around her. If I was to pass, he couldn't re-marry if he wanted to, my daughter is a daddy's girl and I can barely kiss him when she's around; besides she loves her mommy and ain't nobody taking my place. :nono:

I would want hubby to re-marry. He doesn't deserve to be lonely or lamenting over me. I'm gone and I'm not coming back. I couldn't stand to see him hurting; it would break my heart. :(

We don't have any children so I would remarry to have children. Also for companionship and some lovin' within the confines of marriage.

I know my husband would remarry although I've spoiled him. Lol. He wouldn't do well by himself.

If for some reason me and DH didn't work out
I would date again
I'm not gonna be lonely for the rest of my life
f- that

As long as I'm in heaven, i can let him have his new wife, as long as she is older, uglier and dumber and not that good in bed and an awful cook who is also an atheist. Yeah...I can live with that :)

LocksOfLuV said:
Well I'm not married so I can't answer. I feel like I truly won't know how I would feel until I am there. But if I am still kickin on this forum when I do get married I will bump this thread up.:D

Girl you can answer this. Heck, I've always known the answer to this one with my jealous self. :lol: Well, pretend your SO were your spouse-- how would you feel about this issue if your relationship were actually a marriage?

lisana said:
As long as I'm in heaven, i can let him have his new wife, as long as she is older, uglier and dumber and not that good in bed and an awful cook who is also an atheist. Yeah...I can live with that :)

Yeah he's really gonna happen upon all of those criteria in one person. He'd sooner join you in heaven with the help of his own pistol. :lol:

Sistaslick said:
Girl you can answer this. Heck, I've always known the answer to this one with my jealous self. :lol: Well, pretend your SO were your spouse-- how would you feel about this issue if your relationship were actually a marriage?

I would want him to be happy. So I would want him to move on.

I don't want him to be alone and lonely to fullfill some self-ish oath of mine while I am eating cheese and wine with GOD and Jesus, living the GOOOD life. Who knows-maybe I will be getting my groove on too?!:D Meanwhile he is on Earth missing me AND lonely/wanting companionship.

Now this isn't an easy thing to say because I would hate to look down from the pearly gates and see someone rubbing his back (:mad: ) but it would hurt me more to see him unhappy. I love my SO but when he is unhappy about our relationship (or anything really) I feel it and I feel unhappy too.
As long as he remembers me and knows where HOME is, and know who he will be with once he gets where I am, it's all good.

I am a jelaous ass chick so it kind of hurt me to say that.:look:

I would only re-marry if my spouse was deceased.

We both believe/married each other knowing that God sees us married to each other until death. If one of us fall short in our vows, I would hope that the Lord would allow us to show the other one grace. If I couldn't do that then I would remain single (as adultery is the only grounds for ending the marriage vow), and I would not marry again. However, I would opt to forgive and stay married as I believe God desires that. He hates divorce.

This is why it is important to examine the character of a person before marriage and let God be the head of your marriage.

If I die first I wouldn't want my Hubby to remarry...I think even in death I'd be too jealous...sad I Know:-)

Last edited:
i know i would want him to be happy and not be lonely for years................... so i guess it would be ok. not sure how he feels about it.

Back