30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge!

I have been doing this for a while before we were married and it really works.

When I find I am having a challenge I check this area and low and behold I can tell where I am missing something.

I am blessed to have one of these men who reads his bible every day and gets on his knees and prays EVERY DAY!

Another thing I do every so often at least once a month is ask him how is his heart? Meaning am I doing what I need to help him feel loved and supported.

I am prepared for whatever answer he has and will make adjustments if need be.

Now this goes for him also, he has to do the same and we do not discuss our marital issues with others, that is a very quick way to cause dissention between us.

It isn't easy to do this but it is very rewarding and I feel it has truly blessed us and made us stronger as a partnership.

We have even created a family mission statement. This helps us stay focused and united in what we want to obtain with our children and our family as a whole:

The Family Mission Statement

The mission of our family is to create a nurturing place of love, trust, happiness, order, and relaxation. Also to provide opportunities for each person, to become responsibly independent and effectively interdependent in order to achieve worthwhile purposes.

Our Family Mission is:
To Love Each Other
To Listen To Each Other
To Help Each Other
To Be Honest With Each Other
To Believe In Each Other
To Wisely Use Our Time, Talents, And Resources
To Share The Kingdom Hope With Others
To Worship Our Heavenly Father Together Forever

A praying man is ALWAYS a beautiful thing. And I really like the idea of asking him "how his heart is," accepting the answer and making adjustments. I've gotta start doing that on a consistent basis.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well in their challenge. I have failed...miserably...several times...:ohwell::lol:

It's okay though. Gonna keep trying.

Ummmm, me too.:perplexed
I figure, each day that I fail, I'll just start over until I complete 30 consecutive days. Hopefully I can finish this thing before 2009.

I have been doing this for a while before we were married and it really works.

When I find I am having a challenge I check this area and low and behold I can tell where I am missing something.

I am blessed to have one of these men who reads his bible every day and gets on his knees and prays EVERY DAY!

Another thing I do every so often at least once a month is ask him how is his heart? Meaning am I doing what I need to help him feel loved and supported.

I am prepared for whatever answer he has and will make adjustments if need be.

Now this goes for him also, he has to do the same and we do not discuss our marital issues with others, that is a very quick way to cause dissention between us.

It isn't easy to do this but it is very rewarding and I feel it has truly blessed us and made us stronger as a partnership.

We have even created a family mission statement. This helps us stay focused and united in what we want to obtain with our children and our family as a whole:

The Family Mission Statement

The mission of our family is to create a nurturing place of love, trust, happiness, order, and relaxation. Also to provide opportunities for each person, to become responsibly independent and effectively interdependent in order to achieve worthwhile purposes.

Our Family Mission is:
To Love Each Other
To Listen To Each Other
To Help Each Other
To Be Honest With Each Other
To Believe In Each Other
To Wisely Use Our Time, Talents, And Resources
To Share The Kingdom Hope With Others
To Worship Our Heavenly Father Together Forever

I love the Mission statement...I would like to do this with my family :)

I'm not married, but I've def. been using some of the suggestions here. My relationship could really use it, recently my SO has been very depressed because I'm always so negative about him. =( So I found this just in time! Thanks OP!

Also learned the hard way when it comes to discussing problems with friends. It's gotten to the point where my older friends never respond to anything positive I say about SO in a positive way. They always say something negative about him/the relationship. It's so frustrating, but I know it's my doing from rushing to them every time we had a major problem but never mentioning the good times. =(

Last edited:
I'm going to join too! ..i'm not married yet .. but my boyfriend and I are headed there ... i would like to start now ..

I can be negative sometime s.. and I don't want to break him down .. these are good habits to start while we are unmarried ..

keep you posted!

A praying man is ALWAYS a beautiful thing. And I really like the idea of asking him "how his heart is," accepting the answer and making adjustments. I've gotta start doing that on a consistent basis.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

I agree. Last night, I talked with my husband about him being our spiritual leader and the humility in his relationship with God was one of the reasons I married him. We had been going through some rocky times and I want to encourage him even when it hurts - because of my evil desire to punish him for some stuff. I let him know that whatever journey he's on spiritually, I'll be there holding has elbow through it all. My man is a good man even if he's a butthead sometimes. I love him a lot. The part that drives me crazy sometimes is that everyone that we both knew before and since we've been married, loves him too. You can't beat a guy that everybody likes. He's just cool like that. He's so wise and caring - he's a special education teacher - that I know I've been blessed. Sometimes I pretend not to know something just to listen to his guidance.

Thank you guys for this challenge. Not only do I feel grateful again, the chaos in our house has dwindled to the minimum and the devil really has no where to land. Gracias much!

Another tip I picked up from my mentor...It is something that we all know but we need to be reminded of:

"Men need to be RESPECTED, while Women need to be CHERISHED"

Do things for your man to show that you respect him:yep:

I am going to think of some ways to do that and I will post my results:grin:

^^^^Thanks for bumping with a wonderful tip. :yep:

I've been OKAY at this challenge. Definitely harder than I thought. But today I decided to go out of my way in the rain to get his favorite meal to go. I was over an hour late getting home because of going to a different city than we live in to get the food. When I got home, I saw that he had went out and ordered me dinner to go from another place. :perplexed :lachen: I was annoyed at first because we had two dinners - one which we agreed to save for lunch- but I'm over it now. I'll try something positive again tomorrow.

^^^^Thanks for bumping with a wonderful tip. :yep:

I've been OKAY at this challenge. Definitely harder than I thought. But today I decided to go out of my way in the rain to get his favorite meal to go. I was over an hour late getting home because of going to a different city than we live in to get the food. When I got home, I saw that he had went out and ordered me dinner to go from another place. :perplexed :lachen: I was annoyed at first because we had two dinners - one which we agreed to save for lunch- but I'm over it now. I'll try something positive again tomorrow.

That is too sweet, he was trying to show you how much he appreciated you ;)

It reminds me of that story The Gift of the Magi...not exactly, but similar...Me and DH did that last Friday night, we both picked up food from the same restaurant. I laughed for about three minutes:spinning:

I reminded him yesterday how grateful I am for him and how happy I am that he takes such good care of me. I told him that I know that his job can be stressful at times but I am glad that I married someone that is such a hard worker with a great attitude.

He said thanks and told me that he really needed to hear that from me :love:

I have learned not to be afraid of being too sappy, I think men secretly love that :sekret:

Last edited:
Another tip I picked up from my mentor...It is something that we all know but we need to be reminded of:

"Men need to be RESPECTED, while Women need to be CHERISHED"

Do things for your man to show that you respect him:yep:

I am going to think of some ways to do that and I will post my results:grin:

I am so glad you said that men need to be respected. I have lost some respect for my husband and i guess it's because he bears some traits that I grew up expecting my husband to embody naturally. I've been naggy lately and I feel justified. Heavenly Father, I pray to accept this man for who he is and to stop trying to whittle him down to the man I think I want. I think I'll start writing a daily gratitude list of things that I'm grateful for about my man and our relationship.

1. I'm grateful that he's sitting in the living room watching a movie and not running the streets.
2. I'm grateful that he didn't make a face because we ran out of milk and didn't have cornbread to go with dinner. He just ate it and said thank you.
3. I'm grateful that when I yelled at him today and said he was selfish, he just told me that I was tripping and didn't yell back. Starting over challenge, obviously:ohwell:
4. I'm grateful that he smells good even without cologne.
5. I'm grateful that he has cute feet and they are warm in bed.

I'm going to do at least 5 every day. The smelling good and the feet things were very far stretches because I'm angry that I had to shovel the snow, go shopping, cook dinner, pick up kids, take movies back and do the dishes because his back hurts and my back hurts everyday all day because of my fibromyalgia. His hurts because he tried to dunk on one of his students - ain't the same.

Self pity just isn't as fulfilling as it used to be, darn it.:sad:

I know I'm late - but I would like to join this challenge. It is funny how this board is always right on time. I have been trying to do something about my thoughts towards my husband for a while. :nono:. I am going to try.

This is might be an old concept, I figured some ladies on here can benefit from it and would like to join. _______________________________________________________

We're so glad you've decided to accept the "30-Day Encouragement Challenge" to encourage your husband! Your decision means that you truly want to be a blessing in your home. This challenge will also result in spiritual growth in your own life. We'd like to encourage you to keep track of what God does in your marriage over this next month. We hope you'll take time to share what God does in your home as you bless and encourage your spouse.

Day One:
"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12
To refresh your memory...here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge...for the next 30 days:
* You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone
else, about your husband.
* Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband...and to someone else, about your husband!

To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner. One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"

Here is the full article
http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/30DayChallenge.pdf

I'll be participating, who's with me? :look:

1. This is a great thread. :yep: I give you 10 stars**********
2. I do these things anyway so it's not really a challenge, just common sense for me. :yep:
3. Everyone wants to be appreciated. :yep:
4. My husband does the same. I'm blessed with a wonderful relationship and friendship. :yep:
5. We communicate and work things out when things sometimes get rough around the edges.
HTH

Back