Your sister's husband makes a pass - Spin off

If your sister's husband made a physical pass at you, would you tell her?

• Yes... I'd tell in a heart beat.

Votes: 167 84.3%
  • No... I aint telling nobody, but Jesus!

Votes: 31 15.7%

• Total voters
I have a cousin and her husband has said inappropriate stuff to me and her sister. We both discussed it I think last year and were looking shocked has can be.

That's tricky. I voted yes I would tell but it would depend on certain things.

Was he out of his mind drunk? no excuse but ...

Is my sister the type to jump up and defend her man no matter what ? Will my telling her cause her to shun me?

If he could do that to me her sister what does he do with other women?

I think most times when a man is a certain way his wife knows it.

I would try to avoid him in the future at all costs .

Yes... because she is my sister. She was my sister before him and will be my sister after him. It is up to her what to with the information, she has that right. My loyalties are not to her man or her relationship. My loyalty is to her and her well being. The ish may hit the fan for a little while and she can be mad at me if she wants. She is still my sister. And when she gets done showing her butt, she will be my sister.

I have three sisters. I would tell her in a heart beat...no hesitation or questions asked...ANY guy that we bring around knows the deal. They know we are VERY close...There is NO WAY I would keep that information to myself...Thats all!

This thread keeps popping up lol. . .

But I would think this is one of those "only in the situation would you know the true answer" types of deals. This happened to someone I know well and they decided not to tell b/c it would've killed her sister. He actually came on to her sister and her niece on two diff occasions.

Sometimes it's not about keeping a secret, it's about not wanting put someone through that kind of emotional agony. In this situation, it worked out and he never tried anything else for the past. . .what 20 some years or something. They both just made it very clear to him that if anything ever like that happened again they would tell her with no hesitation. They also made other women in the family aware of the situation so they knew who they were dealing with. Everyone is cool with each other now. Forgiven but not forgotten I guess.

Ugh...I am so close to my sister..this would be devastating to experience and then tell or keep in. I don't know what I would do.

Thats how I feel...It is such a tough situation. Me and my sisters make sure that ANY guys we introduce to the family know that we are really TIGHT. There are four of us. We have never had a problem..My sisters will always come first...No questions!!!

Last edited:
Wow. :nono:

I'd tell my sister in a heartbeat. This concept of 'oh, I don't want to tell her because it might break her heart/stir up some drama/make her mad at me' is some old BULLISH in the age of HIV.

And we wonder how so many black women are contracting this ish? Because their SISTERS are too busy covering for a man to help out their sister.

I'm sorry, I'd want to break someone's heart more than I want to stand at their gravesite.

And if he's bold enough to hit on a FAMILY member, I refuse to believe he ain't dipping in other cooch, already.

Wow. :nono:

I'd tell my sister in a heartbeat. This concept of 'oh, I don't want to tell her because it might break her heart/stir up some drama/make her mad at me' is some old BULLISH in the age of HIV.

And we wonder how so many black women are contracting this ish? Because their SISTERS are too busy covering for a man to help out their sister.

I'm sorry, I'd want to break someone's heart more than I want to stand at their gravesite.

And if he's bold enough to hit on a FAMILY member, I refuse to believe he ain't dipping in other cooch, already.

I so agree with the bolded. I have not cared for many of my sister's boyfriends and when she asked I told the truth. She was upset with me, so I learned to keep my mouth shut. But that wasn't about sex or infidelity. On those matters, it's life or death and I'm telling her.

Furthermore, just as Kiya said, in the last part- if he is bold enough to be willing to hit on her own sister, he's doing a whole lot more with other women who aren't related.

Back