30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge!

Excellent thread Classy!!!! :yay:

I am in, I love this formal approach:grin::grin::grin:

I have informally but consciously used many of these suggestions for the last few months, and I have noticed a difference in my marriage...I am so happy and DH really responds and lives up to all of the good things that I think and say about him :love:

He is always doing sweet things and just treats me very well...we are very happy and I am sure it is because I remind him often how grateful I am that he is in my life:drunk:.

I could go on and on about me and my baby but I know I am starting to sound sickening so I am just going to read the rest of the article now:look:

ITA. I have typically used this type of positive encouragement throughout my marriage. The premise of it for me was when I read power of a praying wife. I really try to make an effort to respond to dh positively ALL the time and I notice he reacts the same. I think its basic, lead by example..

Great thread classy!

:lachen: Even though he laughed, I bet you were on his mind afterwards. His chest was probably puffed out for a minute. Mission accomplished in a non-traditional way. :look::lachen:

I am kidding:lachen:
I called him and told him I really appreciate him, and I love him and am so happy that he chose ME. I am a very lucky girl, and I let him know that.
He said that he is the lucky one. :blush:

I am kidding:lachen:
I called him and told him I really appreciate him, and I love him and am so happy that he chose ME. I am a very lucky girl, and I let him know that.
He said that he is the lucky one. :blush:

Aww! That is too sweet *tear*

I was still going to support your non-traditional approach. Gotta give sista credit!:lachen:

Not married, but I think this is a beautiful and wonderful concept. I look forward to seeing the impact on you ladies' marriages and lives. :grin:

We arent married yet (weddings in march!) but Im so in! I love this and Ive been doing it subconsciously lately...for example I told hubby that its ok we didnt have money this year at christmas bc he is the best christmas present in the world.:blush: :yep:

Like someone said above....he really responds when I show that I love and appreciate him he shows his love and appreciation for me more. Just a small example is he made breakfast one day and I just doted (sp?) over how sweet it was and how he makes the best breakfast ever....and he is more willing to cook after that and has been doing it more often. ;)

I'm in even though I'm angry at his behind. My marriage can really use this right now. Y'all pray for us.

I'm in. My friend sent me this and we are planning to start Jan 1st. So I'll be just a couple days behind you all, but this will help me to stick with it through the 30 days (and start a life-long habit, hopefully).

I´m sad that I cannot participate in this challenge because my boyfriend and I are not currently officially engaged but I will defintely keep this one nearby for the future it is a lovely idea.

I´m sad that I cannot participate in this challenge because my boyfriend and I are not currently officially engaged but I will defintely keep this one nearby for the future it is a lovely idea.

I'm with you C_D. SO and I are still playing girlfriend/boyfriend! lol. BUT...this is nice.

Tip: I definitely agree about not talking negatively about your husband. When I first got married I ran to my BFF about every little issue in our marraige. I felt so frustrated, like he wouldn't listen to me, and I felt like I needed a second oppinion. I have learned that this is probably not the best route. This can lead people to form an oppinion about your mate because you only come to them with the negative.

DH was really bothered by it also because he felt like she was only getting my side of the story. He is also a very private person. Since I have stopped talking (complaining) about my problems with her...the problems have disappeared:yep:

Tip: I definitely agree about not talking negatively about your husband. When I first got married I ran to my BFF about every little issue in our marraige. I felt so frustrated, like he wouldn't listen to me, and I felt like I needed a second oppinion. I have learned that this is probably not the best route. This can lead people to form an oppinion about your mate because you only come to them with the negative.

DH was really bothered by it also because he felt like she was only getting my side of the story. He is also a very private person. Since I have stopped talking (complaining) about my problems with her...the problems have disappeared:yep:

Very true!
I have also completely stopped talking about me and my SO's relationship with other people, except for non-significant tidbits now and then... :)
That's all they need to know!
Everything that goes down, is strictly between him and me :yep:

I was just talking to someone about this yesterday. I totally agree! Yes they may frustrate us, but they are still our mate part of our duty is to protect them and I believe part of that protection is from unnecessary scrutiny and judgment from outside parties.

This is such a great idea! I wish I could join by my DH is in Iraq. I guess I could email him or something. But he doesn't get to check his email often...maybe once a week and I only talk on the phone with him once a week or once every two weeks.

This is such a great idea! I wish I could join by my DH is in Iraq. I guess I could email him or something. But he doesn't get to check his email often...maybe once a week and I only talk on the phone with him once a week or once every two weeks.

Sounds great! After writing in my journal, I think I will make a book for DH expressing my positive feelings I don't express well in person.

I totally agree with this. I learnt it the hard way. Now i don't discuss issues i have with the bf with no one. Even with my mum, sister or Best friend. They usually gave different opinions anyways, and i could tell they were biased or influenced by their experience (which was negative most of the time).

Not married, but I'm up for this challenge :grin:

I'm down! I think dh deserves a little encouragement. We're going through some things right now...we're both trying to go to school and take care of our son and he really needs a push to decide what he wants to do in life and such

I have been doing this for a while before we were married and it really works.

When I find I am having a challenge I check this area and low and behold I can tell where I am missing something.

I am blessed to have one of these men who reads his bible every day and gets on his knees and prays EVERY DAY!

Another thing I do every so often at least once a month is ask him how is his heart? Meaning am I doing what I need to help him feel loved and supported.

I am prepared for whatever answer he has and will make adjustments if need be.

Now this goes for him also, he has to do the same and we do not discuss our marital issues with others, that is a very quick way to cause dissention between us.

It isn't easy to do this but it is very rewarding and I feel it has truly blessed us and made us stronger as a partnership.

We have even created a family mission statement. This helps us stay focused and united in what we want to obtain with our children and our family as a whole:

The Family Mission Statement

The mission of our family is to create a nurturing place of love, trust, happiness, order, and relaxation. Also to provide opportunities for each person, to become responsibly independent and effectively interdependent in order to achieve worthwhile purposes.

Our Family Mission is:
To Love Each Other
To Listen To Each Other
To Help Each Other
To Be Honest With Each Other
To Believe In Each Other
To Wisely Use Our Time, Talents, And Resources
To Share The Kingdom Hope With Others
To Worship Our Heavenly Father Together Forever

Last edited:
I have been doing this for a while before we were married and it really works.

When I find I am having a challenge I check this area and low and behold I can tell where I am missing something.

I am blessed to have one of these men who reads his bible every day and gets on his knees and prays EVERY DAY!

Another thing I do every so often at least once a month is ask him how is his heart? Meaning am I doing what I need to help him feel loved and supported.

I am prepared for whatever answer he has and will make adjustments if need be.

Now this goes for him also, he has to do the same and we do not discuss our marital issues with others, that is a very quick way to cause dissention between us.

It isn't easy to do this but it is very rewarding and I feel it has truly blessed us and made us stronger as a partnership.

We have even created a family mission statement. This helps us stay focused and united in what we want to obtain with our children and our family as a whole:

The Family Mission Statement

The mission of our family is to create a nurturing place of love, trust, happiness, order, and relaxation. Also to provide opportunities for each person, to become responsibly independent and effectively interdependent in order to achieve worthwhile purposes.

Our Family Mission is:
To Love Each Other
To Listen To Each Other
To Help Each Other
To Be Honest With Each Other
To Believe In Each Other
To Wisely Use Our Time, Talents, And Resources
To Share The Kingdom Hope With Others
To Worship Our Heavenly Father Together Forever

Love it!:yep:

I think this is the sweetest challenge! Although I am not married, every morning I send my SO a text saying how great he is, how much i love him or how great last night was.:spinning: I just try to make sure he has a smile on his face when he starts his day. Good luck ladies!!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well in their challenge. I have failed...miserably...several times...:ohwell::lol:

It's okay though. Gonna keep trying.

Back