I knew He Was Broke when....

Country gal

ladies I have enjoyed the I knew he wasn't into me thread today so I thought it would be funny to start a I knew he Was Broke when

I knew he was broke when out of kindness of my heart (not really I just ask to be kosher) on our first date, the bill came and I said do you want me to contribute anything and he said yeah. :rolleyes:

I knew he was broke when for my birthday he got me a stuffed chicken in a balloon.:rolleyes: When a guy I had just met gave me $100 for my birthday.

...when he took hotdogs (the red kind that leave pink water)to work for lunch.
...instead of REAL dates he wanted to rent a movie at home
... when you could see the highway go by through the floor of his car

...he told me that it was obvious he liked me because he was using his "daytime minutes" to talk to me

...he told me I had "expensive taste" because I ordered Cajun jambalaya pasta at the Cheesecake Factory

...he told me I looked "high maintenance" simply because I always looked polished and pulled together

...he told me he was $50 short on his rent and needed to get his check to take care of it

...he told me that instead of filling up (his car), he was just going to get "a swallow" (pronounced "uh swalluh" by his country behind) of gas

...he said that my Blackberry was "too rich for his blood"

:ohwell: Different men, same tragedy.

When I asked him to get me a 10 piece nugget meal from McDonald's and he told me that was expensive. :perplexed:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:OMG, what a broke @zz clown!

And those are the ones who want some booty, want you to clean up thier room-mate's cat's puke, AND borrow $20. If you object, you don't know how to please/keep a "good man". :burnup:

...he told me that it was obvious he liked me because he was using his "daytime minutes" to talk to me

...he told me I had "expensive taste" because I ordered Cajun jambalaya pasta at the Cheesecake Factory

...he told me I looked "high maintenance" simply because I always looked polished and pulled together

...he told me he was $50 short on his rent and needed to get his check to take care of it

...he told me that instead of filling up (his car), he was just going to get "a swallow" (pronounced "uh swalluh" by his country behind) of gas

:lachen: no sir

When from across the table, I saw his eyebrows raise looking at the "Denny's" price menu.

Last edited:

:lachen::lachen:

He told me he only had 13 cents and he wasn't ashamed to say it.
When he said, I'd take you to dinner and a movie...but I got a baby on the way.

He told me he only had 13 cents and he wasn't ashamed to say it.
When he said, I'd take you to dinner and a movie...but I got a baby on the way.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Oh, lemme add the broke loser who told me he was on welfare but he "wasn't worried about it." :perplexed Meanwhile this fool was able-bodied and a citizen of the USA. In a booming economy... staying in a welfare motel getting faded on the daily... and thinking I should let him hit??? :spinning::spinning::spinning:

...when he took hotdogs (the red kind that leave pink water)to work for lunch.
...instead of REAL dates he wanted to rent a movie at home
... when you could see the highway go by through the floor of his car

Wow, that's a whole new level of ghetto-ocity right there. He tryin' to be a modern day Fred Flintstone??

70's - shows up dressed like Superfly with a lighted hood ornament on his brand new car.
Neglected his bi-annual visits to the dentist!

Now - Dresses like Obama, drives a Mercedes but pre-pays ($10.00) before he pumps the gas. Neglects his bi-annual visits to the dentist!

- Full tenured professor at a respectable UNIVERSITY but works as a skycap for tips at local airport.

- You are always asked to drive your car--his *** is broke!

Last edited:
Oh to be young and dumb:lachen:
We agreed to go out for a meal, when I ordered a margharita, he had this suprised look on his face and asked what we were celebrating. WTF??? It's just a $9 drink! You would have thought I asked the server for a bottle of their finest wine:lachen: Sorry he had to go, he was really cute though:ohwell:

What's a loosie?

Thanks for asking, I didn't know either but didn't wanna ask:look:

-When I shared with him my story (which I thought was funny btw) of how the unemployment officer tried to get me apply for a job stacking tires for $4.25 per hour and he hollered out, "Shhhheeat...$4.25 per hour?! I'll take it!" with glee in his eyes.

- He saw an item I was carrying or in my apartment and makes a lame comment on how expensive it is.

- Called him and received a disconnect message on several occasions.

- I saw him a year later he was still wearing the jeans I gave him for Christmas and a raggedy sweater.

- I saw him driving a Nissan Sentra...turned out it was his sisters car or it may not have been (that's another thread)

- Asked me out but insisted that we go to Chili's.

-Asked to borrow $200.00

Same tired dude :nono:

So glad I came to my senses:grin:

....When his car got towed because of $700 of unpaid parking tickets...then asked me to help get it out the impound so he could get to work that night.

I knew he was broke when he asked me to borrow $300.

I knew I was stoopit when I gave it to him.

I know he didn't really use the money to go see his brother housed in the penitentury of W.Va.

I know he really went to go see that chick named Asia.

I knew to get as much of my money back from him as soon as he made it back to Atlanta.

I knew to cut his short *** loose.

I know he done lost his mind texting me asking "do you ever think about me?"

I know I'll never get that other $60 that he owe me.

I know to never do this ever again.

The crazy part was that I was pumping the brakes on him because it seemed like he only called me late at night but he worked like 11-7 or something. I couldn't understand why he always called after 10 so I just asked one day and he was dodging the question saying stuff like, "Well, you know, I don't wanna call you too early and sometimes I have to do things around the house" and all of that. So he starts calling during the day chatting for 3-4 minutes then talking 'bout, "Let's text instead" Um...ok.

A few weeks later, we're talking, and he tells me he's ready to be in a relationship, and I'm like, "Oh...didn't know you were thinking in that direction" (I wasn't :look:) and then he says that mess about the daytime minutes :nono: I kept waiting for him to laugh or say "Gotcha" but he didn't :ohwell:

Back