I don’t have pretty privilege and that sucks

I'm legit disgusted at how many BW are jealous of other BW for being successful. Then I'm "MOUTH DROPPED" at how many other BP (men included) were dragging the other women who were "unsubbing Kelly Stamps." What did she do to them?
Jenna Brown? Why lady?
I couldn’t bear to Jenna’s video. So instead I got the summary from somebody else’s video. :lol: It came down to jealousy and Jenna letting comparison steal her joy.

I found a couple videos about people unfollowing Kelly Stamps (they watched her blow up, re: jealousy, unrelatable bc Kelly is now making so much money and liking her luxuries).
Then a video about people unfollowing Kelly Stamps.

Weird.

So-disclosure...I only watch how-tos on You Tube for practical reasons and then TV series related You Tube channels. I don't follow peoples.

Edited to add: people are obsessed with this lady. Even the people who claim to not relate to her or like her or are unsubbing. I NEVER knew this about the YT world!?!
You know you’ve arrived when folks are making videos about unfollowing you and those videos are blowing up too! They’re clout chasing. Kelly is doing something right to have all those people in their feelings. Kelly’s reaction:
49505136-84BD-4D78-91E6-FB902D3824FD.jpeg

Chile… Somebody call Christopher Robin, Pooh, Piglet and Tigger. Come get Eeyore.

Seriously, I had to turn it off when she dramatically proclaimed “I don’t have a lot of value”. She needs to use a therapist to work through these things and not YouTube. This is way bigger than not feeling pretty.
She needs a TON of psychotherapy, shadow work, did I mention intense Psychotherapy? She doesn't need a life coach....she needs that "Tell me about your childhood" while laying on a couch, with a box of tissue, hypnosis type therapy.

I don't get these people. They automatically think because the devalue themselves and do that whole self-deprecation stuff that it will endear people to them. Then they think because they are public about their FALSE HUMILITY and FALSE PIETY, they are better than others. Like Bye.

She did!!!

I have only seen a couple of Kelly Stamps videos but I loved what I saw. She was flying a plane in the one video. There may be a whole part of YouTube where black women are flying planes and that would be cool, but for now, I'm just going to go ahead and say that Kelly is out here making some cute, original stuff. And that's why people are loving what she is doing. Not just because she's young and cute and quirky.

No she didn’t!! I love Kelly Stamps!
She came for Kelly Stamps? That's it we fightin'.:catfight:

Let me go see what Misery Guts said now.

She needs a TON of psychotherapy, shadow work, did I mention intense Psychotherapy? She doesn't need a life coach....she needs that "Tell me about your childhood" while laying on a couch, with a box of tissue, hypnosis type therapy.

I don't get these people. They automatically think because the devalue themselves and do that whole self-deprecation stuff that it will endear people to them. Then they think because they are public about their FALSE HUMILITY and FALSE PIETY, they are better than others. Like Bye.

Why would she? I think she has found her schtick...esp if people in her comments are egging her on by agreeing.

Anyway, I was on the elevator in my building last night when an old lady who was riding upstairs with me commented about how "it's cold" and that I "don't have on enough layers" (I thought this was endearing, since she's an elder). I took off my hood and then she exclaimed: Oh my, ain't you a pretty little buck toothed thang! This was one of the most hilarious compliments I ever got :lachen:

That encounter immediately made me think of this thread.

Why would she? I think she has found her schtick...esp if people in her comments are egging her on by agreeing.

Anyway, I was on the elevator in my building last night when an old lady who was riding upstairs with me commented about how "it's cold" and that I "don't have on enough layers" (I thought this was endearing, since she's an elder). I took off my hood and then she exclaimed: Oh my, ain't you a pretty little buck toothed thang! This was one of the most hilarious compliments I ever got :lachen:

One thing old folks got....its the AUDACITY!
I felt this bc I have a small gap myself.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: This is hilarious and so wholesome!

Man, my fist balled up as I was reading this. These old people ain't got no filter. I know you're not mad but I'm mad for you.

Man, my fist balled up as I was reading this. These old people ain't got no filter. I know you're not mad but I'm mad for you.
Ugh, yes, how about this... This weekend we visited DH's family in a little country town. His aunt (by marriage) says to me, "I haven't seen you since your wedding. You done gained a little weight." My mind said, "Look here old wanch!" But my mouth said, 'Well it has been TWENTY-SEVEN years and 2 kids later, so I'm good with gaining a 'little weight'". I'm telling you, these old folks need to watch their mouth!

Last edited:
Ugh, yes, how about this... This weekend we visited DH's family in a little country town. His aunt (by marriage) says to me, "I haven't seen you since your wedding. You done gained a little weight." My mind said, "Look here old wanch!" But my mouth said, 'Well it has been TWENTY-SEVEN years and 2 kids later, so I'm good with gaining a 'little weight'". I'm telling you, these old folks need to watch their mouth!
I said "WANCH!" in my head with all the force and fierceness I could muster...

Whew chile!

:lol:

Ok since we’re talking about granny, was my grandma the only one who would see you looking a mess but stay giving “compliments.” Up there with her little southern self talkin bout “Oh your hair look so good. You did that yourself, didn’t you?” Like, grandma stop it. You know good and well I’m due for a salon visit lol.

:lol:

Ok since we’re talking about granny, was my grandma the only one who would see you looking a mess but stay giving “compliments.” Up there with her little southern self talkin bout “Oh your hair look so good. You did that yourself, didn’t you?” Like, grandma stop it. You know good and well I’m due for a salon visit lol.
"You did that yourself, didn’t you?”
She was a shade master too! :giggle:

"You did that yourself, didn’t you?”
She was a shade master too! :giggle:
My mother has a master's in Old Lady Shadeology. Years ago a friend (with a very different body type) let me borrow some dresses to choose from to wear to an event. So I was trying them on for my mother and I go prancing downstairs where she's waiting on the living room couch and say, " So what about this one?" She says, "That's fine. If you're comfortable with that look."

I feel like these days people are too stupid to know that they should be ashamed or embarrassed by much of anything.
I feel this way about people saying dumb stuff or making untoward comments. There's no concern for self preservation or how it may come back to bite them later. I'm not too worried about how people are dressing or if someone else's hair looks good though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some of us are just more conservative than others.

I empathized and believe what she said as honest/genuine. She is speaking about real experiences that I wouldn't even try to debate or want to know for myself. A huge positive impact on me as a girl turned woman, then wife, then mother is how boys/men have always been loving and protective of/towards me. How there has always been someone of my choice who desired to be for me what I needed, no matter their flaws. Starting with my dad, continuing with my stepdad, evolving with romantic partners and being fully actualized with my husband, those experiences made a difference. There is a lot of security, and functional development that allows a woman to be carefree and feminine and pleasant when she is protected and affirmed. It creates a safe place to not only love yourself for who you are but identify why others choose you especially when they do not have to. She alluded to a glimpse of that from her father and it strikes me as just enough to know what she was missing. I have compassion for her and for all the recommendations of what she could be doing to improve her experience...as a woman I know the value of knowing your are worthy of being saved, protected and loved for all you are on the days you don't got it within to project outward...the days you just need to be rescued and comforted.

Of all the responses I've read to this video, this one has struck me the most. God bless you, Queen. Your compassion sets you apart from many!

This girl is the reason why I always say “people can be jealous of anything.” She reminds me of Kim Foster/ For Harriet, who is just as grating on the nerves.

I mean, holiday parties? Holiday parties? Come on sis. She needs to start by trying to find one thing to be happy about with herself. And go from there. I really hope she does. I had to make a shift from negativity as well, so I know how freeing it can be.

Back