I don’t have pretty privilege and that sucks

I feel like she's annoying but i can't look away.
I tried to watch a video she had about some allegedly dysfunctional couple who offended the internet but I cut it off after she spent the first 15 minutes talking about how the couple’s video made her feel and not saying what was actually said in the video. I’m not trying to hear your journal entry. Just get to the point and then you can make it about you if that’s what you deem necessary.

Last edited:
I tried to watch a video she had about some allegedly dysfunctional couple who offended the internet but I cut it off after she spent the first 15 minutes talking about how the couple’s video made her feel and not saying what was actually said in the video. I’m not trying to hear your journal entry. Just get to the point and then you can make it about you if that’s what you deem necessary.
I feel like I might know who she was talking about which is why I was able to continue.

I think the woman is a rapper/singer/some type of musician and her husband really wasn't feeling her like that. And how he told her to that. To her face.

I feel like I might know who she was talking about which is why I was able to continue.

I think the woman is a rapper/singer/some type of musician and her husband really wasn't feeling her like that. And how he told her to that. To her face.
And it didn't take you 15 minutes to type that, did it? Lol. What I need in a video is to start by briefly saying what the video is about; play clips of the problematic video or give me some direct quotes. Then talk about why it's a problem. Then, relate it to your experiences if you want. If you tell me you're going to give me a ride to the store, I don't need the history of the automobile.

And it didn't take you 15 minutes to type that, did it? Lol. What I need in a video is to start by briefly saying what the video is about; play clips of the problematic video or give me some direct quotes. Then talk about why it's a problem. Then, relate it to your experiences if you want. If you tell me you're going to give me a ride to the store, I don't need the history of the automobile.
Yo, :lachen:

Ma’am!

but also same. I don’t have the patience. Get to the point!

Ma’am!

but also same. I don’t have the patience. Get to the point!
“But the gas guzzling car is how we got here.””Lemme tell you about this 1976 Cutlass Supreme that will be driving us to I Still Don’t Have Pretty Privilege Township!”

My brains started playing the “Wrap it up” music they use on award shows.

There was a lot said about her wig and glasses in the first video. She’s switched things up.
Yes, but even with that being said, I still think she looks normal.

Let's face it, what's preventing most women from looking like stunners is money. Most people don't have excess cash to throw at their hair,make-up, clothes, skin care treatments, etc. I've seen more poorly styled women out there with men.

Yes, but even with that being said, I still think she looks normal.

Let's face it, what's preventing most women from looking like stunners is money. Most people don't have excess cash to throw at their hair,make-up, clothes, skin care treatments, etc. I've seen more poorly styled women out there with men.
Very true, I completely agree, but I also think what prevents most women from looking their best is time and laziness. I’ve seen women who I just know buy all their clothes from Amazon and Fashion Nova (and ftr, I 100% rock with it), use Neutrogena, and buy their makeup from Target look AMAZING. You don’t have to be a stunner to look great where you’re at.

But you have to care enough to take an extra 40 minutes to get ready in the morning. You have to care enough to go on YouTube and research how to do your own hair right or do certain workouts to shape you better. The average woman doesn’t have a high enough level of interest or even the time for all that.

Very true, I completely agree, but I also think what prevents most women from looking their best is time and laziness. I’ve seen women who I just know buy all their clothes from Amazon and Fashion Nova (and ftr, I 100% rock with it), use Neutrogena, and buy their makeup from Target look AMAZING. You don’t have to be a stunner to look great where you’re at.

But you have to care enough to take an extra 40 minutes to get ready in the morning. You have to care enough to go on YouTube and research how to do your own hair right or do certain workouts to shape you better. The average woman doesn’t have a high enough level of interest or even the time for all that.
I agree!
Got to put in the work.. it’s about discipline and consistency in whatever you want to do or achieve, or you have to be ok with where you are at and what comes with it. The work is hard, boring, and may seem fruitless at first, but determination and persistence is what wins the game. Lord don’t I know it…

The immediate vibe I get from this creators stuff is pandering. The narrative that certain types of black women are undesirable has some truth but she is just adding cement to the pot. I’m a fluffy chick who by no means hits the ideal black girl body yet I know I’m bad and have styled folks to unlock that too. Sometimes we are our worse enemy but it’s paying her to have viral videos.

The immediate vibe I get from this creators stuff is pandering. The narrative that certain types of black women are undesirable has some truth but she is just adding cement to the pot. I’m a fluffy chick who by no means hits the ideal black girl body yet I know I’m bad and have styled folks to unlock that too. Sometimes we are our worse enemy but it’s paying her to have viral videos.

Agreed. There’s no visible reason for her to be shunned by men. People keep saying her booty is sitting right and that waist is snatched, so why is she being ignored? Unless of course she’s doing this for clicks, which is shameful

They also don't think it "should take all of that." (I think thats this girl's problem).

But that actually comes from what I think is a patriarchal way of thinking that women don't need/should invest in themselves. This manifests in the mothering circles as well with a high regard for struggle. (vs women or families who invest in doulas, nannies, cleaning services, etc).

That being said, I'm glad MORE WOMEN are valuing themselves and putting self care up high. Self care includes learning about your hair type, skin type, body shape, having white or straight teeth, braces, clothes that fit a certain way, fashion, materials, or whatever. And women as a whole have to stop taking clues from men. Because they will say "we like an all natural woman" and be in the DMs and comment section of a women who has weave to her butt and has been surgically altered A LOT. Not that I have any problem with surgical enhancements. My natural skin lost the genetic lottery. My legs, hips, lips, hair, and butt WON. So I invest in laser treatments and more money on skin products. My husband thought I was doing the most (his mother's hair, skin, complexion won the genetics Lottery) but I had to teach him better.

I noticed that I have a certain go-to as far as fashion but I know what looks good and I know what doesn't. If thats my signature then so be it. Frump, bad skin ain't fashion.

Is there a third option? I lost count of how many times some random guy would say, "Smile, it can't be that bad!"

RBF wasn't quite the repellent I wanted it to be.

Unfortunately I haven’t found one. Maybe if you ask them for money.
Them: “Smile, it can’t be that bad!”
You: “Pay me!” Or “Give me some money!” Or if you’re feeling really adventurous and snarky “You look poor!”

They also don't think it "should take all of that." (I think thats this girl's problem).

But that actually comes from what I think is a patriarchal way of thinking that women don't need/should invest in themselves. This manifests in the mothering circles as well with a high regard for struggle. (vs women or families who invest in doulas, nannies, cleaning services, etc).

That being said, I'm glad MORE WOMEN are valuing themselves and putting self care up high. Self care includes learning about your hair type, skin type, body shape, having white or straight teeth, braces, clothes that fit a certain way, fashion, materials, or whatever. And women as a whole have to stop taking clues from men. Because they will say "we like an all natural woman" and be in the DMs and comment section of a women who has weave to her butt and has been surgically altered A LOT. Not that I have any problem with surgical enhancements. My natural skin lost the genetic lottery. My legs, hips, lips, hair, and butt WON. So I invest in laser treatments and more money on skin products. My husband thought I was doing the most (his mother's hair, skin, complexion won the genetics Lottery) but I had to teach him better.

I noticed that I have a certain go-to as far as fashion but I know what looks good and I know what doesn't. If thats my signature then so be it. Frump, bad skin ain't fashion.

i love this whole post

Men don’t approach you for your personality. Maybe she walks weird or her face is stank
I think someone called it...and men pick up on it quick. They mentioned how she talks about others.
She comes off as someone who thinks they are the smartest person in the room and if you haven't picked up on it, too bad. I think she believes her intellect should be enough but being smart doesn't = desirability. She is upset that because others are not as smart as her....they are ONLY desirable because of looks and its unfair and disingenuous. No one likes a person who sits high and LOOKS at you low. Men also don't like to be pandered to and that is easily seen when listening to her dating stories. She seems over intentional to the point where it comes off as disingenuous about life. How exhausting.
1. Like yourself first---and she doesn't really LIKE her own self.
2. Heal yourself
3. Let people get to know the real you.

Back