He Cried Like A Baby...help Me Understand

OP run while you still have the chance. Lol.

Don't answer questions, just run.

Too many married women on this board, including me, that are wondering why you both thought dinner was a good idea. He's married. You've moved on. Dinner? And a discussion where he professes undying love to you AND his wife?

Nah son.

Nuh-uh.

Wow ladies.
Why can't old friends get together platonically. Not all people are capable of that, but I am.

Trust me, I'm not chasing any married man. If he did or did not tell his wife about our meeting, that is between them.

As far as me being "extra". I did not want the ring in my possession any longer. It no longer had any meaning to me. Pawning it is callous. The right thing to do is what I did and give it back to the person it belongs to.

sticking with that story :look:

Pure speculation, but maybe the spin off thread will be...Wife of the man I used to date snatched out my weave in line yesterday.

Imaginary thread post:
She was screaming obscenities, and I don't even know why. Just because I posted on social media about going to dinner with her husband and him crying like a baby after he told me he loved me and her...you know, his wife.

Why me? Why am I the victim? Can y'all believe this happened to me? She gave me the beat down in line and nobody helped me. I have an imprint of his highschool class ring on my face permanently because his wife wore it like a brass knuckle.

She was obviously jealous of my beauty and prowess. Don't nobody want ole boy anyway, so why was she so violent? So unnecessary.

I hate drama. I'm pressing charges. Watch! Just watch.

Oh, gotta run ladies, he's calling me min my cell phone bling to apologize for her behavior.

OP run while you still have the chance. Lol.

Don't answer questions, just run.

Too many married women on this board, including me, that are wondering why you both thought dinner was a good idea. He's married. You've moved on. Dinner? And a discussion where he professes undying love to you AND his wife?

Nah son.

Nuh-uh.

Taking your advice and running out of here.

I'm just surprised that so many can't realize that relationships over the years evolve and can be non threatening to a marriage.

You all are making seem like having dinner is like having sex.

My whole point of my post was that I thought we were well past any emotional ties and returning the ring would be no problem.

My whole point of my post was that I thought we were well past any emotional ties and returning the ring would be no problem.

That you were insistent on returning the ring even when he didn't want it and that he professed his love to you makes it clear that there are still emotional ties. I think that's where the hang up is and it's weird that everybody sees it but you

OP.. I think a casual coffee during the day would be platonic. Dinner date seems suspect that's all. Once he refused the ring you should have trashed it and kept it moving. No need to harass him about it. For the future, don't meet any exes without his wife present..lol I'm single by the way.
ETA: I think he was selling you a dream of how happy he was. if you for a moment had let your guard down he would have pounced on you. Men like to know they still have the ability to get the crayon box.

There is no such thing as platonic friends that used to be in love with each other....wait, he still loves you... even after vows to the contrary before God and wife...so...

That's all I got

He never said he still loves me.
He said there were only two women he ever loved. There is a difference.

That you were insistent on returning the ring even when he didn't want it and that he professed his love to you makes it clear that there are still emotional ties. I think that's where the hang up is and it's weird that everybody sees it but you

He did not profess his love for me. He said there were only two women he ever loved (past tense). Me being one of them.

I have loved an ex but that is not an indication of how I feel about them today.

Taking your advice and running out of here.

I'm just surprised that so many can't realize that relationships over the years evolve and can be non threatening to a marriage.

You all are making seem like having dinner is like having sex.

That is what people are saying. This is not nonthreatening. Maybe you think it is but its not :lol: You basically had a date with a married man that professed his love to you and on top of that you whipped out a keepsake that at one point had sentimental value. Im not sure what else you wanted people to say. He crazy girl? You lost me when you said you literally chased him. I thought the thread was a joke for a minute :lol:

ETA: This is why I give my married friends rules once they are married. Do not text me after a certain time, if she aint home, Im not dropping by, and so on. You may have meant well but this does not look good. I aint got the time for nobody wife to be thinking I want their man. Not when I can get my own bro.

The whole purpose of her giving him the ring reminds me of the tv show The Game. Mel and Derwin broke up and i think Melanie gave him the doctor bear he gave her back. Somehow he ended up with the bear. And then the new girlfriend came around and kept getting mad that Derwin wouldn't throw the bear away. Cuz she knew what him keeping that bear meant.

Hope he doesn't keep it.

Why did you hold on to it? Germany or Mars, why keep a class ring of an ex?
I guess I just don't understand.

I didn't move to Germany, across the country or Mars...he did. I had always planned to return it to him in person when the opportunity arose.

Wow ladies.
Why can't old friends get together platonically. Not all people are capable of that, but I am.

Trust me, I'm not chasing any married man. If he did or did not tell his wife about our meeting, that is between them.

As far as me being "extra". I did not want the ring in my possession any longer. It no longer had any meaning to me. Pawning it is callous. The right thing to do is what I did and give it back to the person it belongs to.
Naw sis first to keep a ring you said you didn't even wear? Huh for at least 15 years? That's odd

I also agree with pp about you cussing him down to give him the ring. If he didn't take it just leave it on the table

Also unless you found out at dinner that he was married why was his wife not there? Like no its not your responsibility but I know I personally wouldn't be meeting with no married man for any meal alone unless the wine and I were UBER cool

This is just all so odd.

That is what people are saying. This is not nonthreatening. Maybe you think it is but its not :lol: You basically had a date with a married man that professed his love to you and on top of that you whipped out a keepsake that at one point had sentimental value. Im not sure what else you wanted people to say. He crazy girl? You lost me when you said you literally chased him. I thought the thread was a joke for a minute :lol:

ETA: This is why I give my married friends rules once they are married. Do not text me after a certain time, if she aint home, Im not dropping by, and so on. You may have meant well but this does not look good. I aint got the time for nobody wife to be thinking I want their man. Not when I can get my own bro.

Please read my words and not other posters as my words.

I never chased him.

Fascinating that there's a difference between dinner and coffee when it comes to meeting up with married people. The only thing that matters is intention behind the meetup.

If nothing happened and all he did was cry, then what's the issue? As the husband he should be protecting his wife and should have declined the invitation if he felt he would be tempted by OP.

I also would have said - here is the ring once and if he told me to keep it, I would have kept and got rid of it. No use in forcing the situation

I never chased him.
er. He said he didn't want it back, he gave it to me and it was mine to keep. I insisted he take it back. That'swhen he started to walk/run away from me so he wouldn't have to accept it. When I caught up to

Girl you chased him. It also seems like from your tone and the thread your ego was boosted from this meeting? Like where you're like if he's so happy blah blah he only loved me and the wife blah blah etc girl don't eveah be flattered by the musing of a married man

I never chased him.

That's when he started to walk/run away from me so he wouldn't have to accept it. When I caught up to him,

Okay, I wont get into how you worded it but this is a whole lotta effort exerted to catch up to someone that is literally running away from you :look:. You cant control how he feels/felt about you but you pressed on when you shouldve dropped it and ended whatever kinda meet up this was.

Fascinating that there's a difference between dinner and coffee when it comes to meeting up with married people. The only thing that matters is intention behind the meetup.

If nothing happened and all he did was cry, then what's the issue? As the husband he should be protecting his wife and should have declined the invitation if he felt he would be tempted by OP.

I also would have said - here is the ring once and if he told me to keep it, I would have kept and got rid of it. No use in forcing the situation

Thank you for your response.
I did press a bit that he take the ring back. I did not want to its caretaker any longer.

Back