HairStyles You HATE

helicopter-hair.jpg

I had seen this pic before but never noticed the wire going down her neck. Let me guess, that is the electrical wiring for whatever is in her head to make the blades spin? :perplexed

LOL My hair was too long.. My fan would fall. So the genius in me would make a bun, pull some hair out into a fan, pump it up and THEN hit it with my mamas marcel iron on the outside... CRISPY!

Oooo one that I hate... A whole head full of finger prints. You know! The old ladies who want finger waves but their hair is too thin and you can see thru the finger waves to the scalp and the waves look like fingerprints? HATE IT!

And alopeciaed edges but still wearing gelled down slicked up ponytails.

Paper thin long hair... Looking like Smiegel.
r955-gollum-maske-mask.jpg

Why do people still wear French rolls?

ANY style that requires brown gel.

:lachen:You are soooo silly!

:spank:
• colorful extensions
• chunky dyed streaks that are a stark contrast from the natural hair color
• Those tight weave/wigs that look like packed,glued shingled hair
• Hair that is a different (usually bright) color at the ends

HairStyles the Husband HATES:
Seriously he told me this last night
Behives
Ponytails & Buns

Last edited:
I've seen The Fan too many times to remember :lachen: I've also done it pre LHCF days, thinking it made my hair look longer/thicker :look:

I hate crochets :barf:

And those gelled, glued-up updos with sparkles, Swarovski crystals and purple and orange and pink streaks

I hate when females have kinky, dry, gelled up hair and a hawaiian silky 2b ponytail

I hate to see girls in braids that have been in for 12 years, with 4 inches of matted newgrowth that they attempted to tame with brown gel. Then the gel started flaking and you see all the flakes and dirt and dandruff

:drunk: LOL! at the bolded

I didnt read all the post but I hate to see the cornrows with extension hair that has the huge bulge in the front. I mean I know its fake but it doesnt have to look that fake, its like the braids are sitting on top of their head.

Yes!! I HAAATE this look! It literally looks like the braids were just glued on top of their head.

I used to go to school like this and unwrap it in class. :grin:

Me too!! Everyone else was doing it. It seems like a college fad. Everyone goes to class with their hair wrapped up and take it down whenever.

No y'all...we're talking bout when people style it like that intentionally. :nono: I will wear my hair wrapped up under a hat if it's raining or snowing outside or if I'm running an errand...(I think that's acceptable)...

But what about when girls were wearing doobies wrapped up with all the big bobby pins? I hated that look!

Any style where there is more than one style on your head at once.

Fingerwaves leading into a french roll leading into a flip.
Fingerwaves leading into a french roll
cornrows leading into afro braid out ( I wear this one tho.:look:)
The black woman's mullet
The mushroom.

I use to rock the mushroom (more like a mini mushroom) like there was no tomorrow. My mom still has a family picture hanging in the living room with me wearing it. I cringe everytime I see it.

I hate to see little girls with a little bit 'o hair have 96736252727 barrettes in their hair and BIG ones at that!

I hate to see little girls with fake hair.

I hate to see little girls whose hair has been so severely neglected, it's peazy and all broken off. :ohwell:

CANNOT STAND THIS!

People who wrap their hair and only take it down halfway.

We went to visit my godmother and almost fell out when we saw a huge elegant family picture hanging over the fireplace with my godmother sitting in the middle of the picture with her head wrapped (not combed out). My mom had told her about wrapping her hair, but my godmother didn't realize she needed to comb it out. This was over 10 years ago & I think she still has the picture.

Great thread, OP.:yep: I enjoyed reading everyone's response.

I hate the big, hard, frozen french rolls. And to think, this was my staple style ten years ago.:nono:

Great thread, OP.:yep: I enjoyed reading everyone's response.

I hate the big, hard, frozen french rolls. And to think, this was my staple style ten years ago.:nono:
I used to wear them too. But thankfully, I've moved on from bulletproof hair!

I hate the fan...
I hate it
I hate it
I hate it

( the fan is when someone has NO hair and they put it up in a ponytail and and fan the little hairs up like a bald peacock)

Oh, you mean the dry-damaged-overrelaxed-bone-straight hair scraped/greased back into a ponytail secured with a fat tan office supply rubber band. And all the broken off hair can't even fit into the rubberband.

I use to rock the mushroom (more like a mini mushroom) like there was no tomorrow. My mom still has a family picture hanging in the living room with me wearing it. I cringe everytime I see it.

What exactly is the mushroom? I remember some girls at my old high school would get a doobie wrap and not comb the curls out so it looked like a mushroom on top of their head.:nono: If this is it then I hate it too!

Back