HairStyles You HATE

:grin:I got one and it's an "over protective" style

The 1 inch bun surrounded by 2 inches of scrunchies, often multicolored scrunchies. Always looked to me like they were wearing a lace-lined saucer on the back of their head!!!!!!

Yea...that's not cute.

WHITE MEN with locs.
WHITE MEN with a shaved head in the front and locs in the back.

Ugh, ugh, ugh! I can't stand this mess. I have NEVER EVER seen locs on a white guy and thought they looked good. :nono:

i know this is LHCF but there are some heads of LONG hair i don't like that i've seen IRL... :look:

*what good is 4 feet of hair if 2 feet of it is a totally different color... it's all frizzy, fried, dull and full of splits. but they walk around with their nose up in the air and flipping it around. :nono:

*girls with long hair that is thin and straight. aka a lot of the white girls with WL or longer (in my area). these are the ones on makeover shows who i think SHOULD get cuts... their hair just sits there all flat and plain. at least some layers for volume or something. i dunno i guess i'm biased. :drunk:
I think most people here have GREAT long hair. But, I do agree ! Hair that just sits there is not pretty. As well as, short hair that looks like it hurts to touch it( Spiky hair and stuff)!:look:

Me too!! Everyone else was doing it. It seems like a college fad. Everyone goes to class with their hair wrapped up and take it down whenever.

Umm...not when you go to a PWI (prodominately white institution)if you did, you would run the danger of someone feeling like your hair was show and tell. Humph.

WHITE MEN with locs.
WHITE MEN with a shaved head in the front and locs in the back.

Ugh, ugh, ugh! I can't stand this mess. I have NEVER EVER seen locs on a white guy and thought they looked good. :nono:

brandon_boyd_98.jpg

Brandon-Boyd-3.jpg

in his early years. i love love LOVE this man

1/2 white

Last edited by a moderator:
men with braids.

men with cornrows.

men with weaves (like I saw this morning.....:look:...a bad weave at that!)

men with ridiculous zig zag patterns in their heads.

men with wild afros.

men with dreadlocks.

men with jet black hair when they are like 50 years old.

men with texturizers walking around with 4b on their knuckles.

men with any kind of wave cap.......... and no waves in their hair!

men with ponytails.

men with mullets.

men with combed over hair to cover their bald spot.

men with bald heads yet a 5 o'clock shadow on top outlining their receding hair line.

men with anything thing other than a caesar.

:look:

LOL!!!!!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

-waves/tsunamis
-popcorn waves (when you gell you hair down and then pull up sections through the net)
-huge french rolls
-techinicolor hair (I can understand a streak or 2...but dang!)
-"helicopter" quick weaves...the ones with the waves on one side, candy curls on the other, spikes in the front, and pincurls somewhere up in there
-super high updos

I'm Tampa...with all of these chickenheads walking around, I'm sure I'll be adding to this list soon:look: *slaps hand* bad qtslim...bad, bad!!

ETA:
-ponytails w/ super short hair, ponytail so tight if they change their expression it'll fall out :lachen:

-girls w/ shorter hair that keep their hair unkept. I'm looking at a offender as we speak, alking around lookin like a peacock SHAME!!!

Does anyone still do the popcorn(we called it pineapple) waves anymore!?!??!?!?! If so, WHY?!?!?!?

Lemme break out my 6th grade photos. :lachen:

ETA: I was kidding. My mama didn't let me use Pump it Up in my hair like that. :look: Sort of like this, but more ghetto-fied. Imagine two inches of hair gelled up into a high ponytail with half-an-inch of "fan." :lachen:

fan.jpg

I teach and I saw a rash of middle school age girls wearing this "style":perplexed I was like wtf?!!? The hair never quite makes it into the ponytail so in the nape the hair is falling out. The "fan" is sparse and 1/2 inch in length and spritzed within an inch of its life. I never knew it had a name but it is a sad sight indeed!!!!:nono:

I think most people here have GREAT long hair. But, I do agree ! Hair that just sits there is not pretty. As well as, short hair that looks like it hurts to touch it( Spiky hair and stuff)!:look:

i haven't seen ANYONE on this site with long hair that looks bad. ;) i meant IRL, i've seen long-haired gals who have flat boring hair.

i HATE that cornrows-in-the-front/dreads-in-the-back look guys use to wear: aj (original host)from 106 and park! i think busta rhymes did it too...got the "busta" part down...

found pics!

psst...can somebody pm me how to post big pics?:look:

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 48
Umm...not when you go to a PWI (prodominately white institution)if you did, you would run the danger of someone feeling like your hair was show and tell. Humph.
i know that is ac-you-rate. i pity the fool who shows up to bio with her scarf still on. yeah its an 8am class...no you dont get a pass for that one.

We went to visit my godmother and almost fell out when we saw a huge elegant family picture hanging over the fireplace with my godmother sitting in the middle of the picture with her head wrapped (not combed out). My mom had told her about wrapping her hair, but my godmother didn't realize she needed to comb it out. This was over 10 years ago & I think she still has the picture.
i remember when i wrapped my mom's hair for the first time...she woke me up the next morning in a panic cause part of it had fallen when she took off the scarf and she thought she had messed up the style.

:look:

ugh i got one, ya'll remember when folks, especially us black folks in the '80's would press n curl our hair, and then backcomb it! my mom used to do this allllllllll the time! i wish i had some old school pics with me cuz i show would post it!

press n curls
gelled down "baby hair"; sideburns
mullets
mushrooms
drippy juice curls, umm can we please have a funeral service for the danm curl!

LadyKaypnyc i think there is a time and place for a style like #3 but i have never been a fan of bright multi colors unless its the right event then I'll just say that style is cute and keep it movin'!

shalita05 Oh, and No scarfs anjamims's and doo rags after 12pm. please thats unlease until lunch time

they better be on their way to bss...that's the only time u'll catch me in a doo rag n pj's but if my scarf is cute, i'm sporting it danm it!:grin:

I hate fros and puffs or any natural styles that exposed the ends to air. I know how hard it is to detangle afterwards, even under the shower and the whole bottle of condish (at least for the thick 4a/4bs like me):nono:

Sad thing is....I do go to a predominatly white instution haha....It's like 30% white 60% black 10% other lol. I guess they think, hey they white girls come in here with dripping wet hair so we can come with our hair not done eitha!! loool

Anyway, I HATE when white girls come to slass in the winter time with DRIPPING WET hair. Not moist hair...DRIPPING WET HAIR! I swear one day there hair is going to grow icicles

I hate cornrows on men full stop but this style seems to be favoured by the ghetto Jamaican men.

How can i describe it...........

Part down the middle, cornrows going to either side of the head and then sticking up ponytails. Kind of like little girl short plaited pigtails.

It looks gay to me.

Ah - Elephant mans loves these styles.

This makes me :perplexed:nono: as well...turn little children away cus its big and scarey...........

ElephantMan-01-big.jpg

I hate the fan...
I hate it
I hate it
I hate it

( the fan is when someone has NO hair and they put it up in a ponytail and and fan the little hairs up like a bald peacock)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!! i had to respond to this cuz that is hilarious!!!!
ok heres my contribution: i am not a fan of girls with a fade and they have the swooping bang.... and sometimes its pink or blonde or green..... uhh...NO!

I hate the fan...
I hate it
I hate it
I hate it

( the fan is when someone has NO hair and they put it up in a ponytail and and fan the little hairs up like a bald peacock)

I remember the fan. So, many girls did the fan in my elementary school and I wanted to do it too because I thought it looked cute, but my hair was too long so it would just fall down. lol

I hate any hairstyle where the hair looks unhealthy and/or dirty

LOL My hair was too long.. My fan would fall. So the genius in me would make a bun, pull some hair out into a fan, pump it up and THEN hit it with my mamas marcel iron on the outside... CRISPY!

Oooo one that I hate... A whole head full of finger prints. You know! The old ladies who want finger waves but their hair is too thin and you can see thru the finger waves to the scalp and the waves look like fingerprints? HATE IT!

And alopeciaed edges but still wearing gelled down slicked up ponytails.

Paper thin long hair... Looking like Smiegel.
r955-gollum-maske-mask.jpg

Why do people still wear French rolls?

ANY style that requires brown gel.

Okay, I was not going to post in this thread, but this had me DYING laughing:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I can't talk about folks cause I am guilty of "the fan" :ohwell: and....I'm probably guilty of a few more!

ITA with most of what was posted already, but I must state my disdain for "quick weaves" & the receding hair line cornrows on men (and women).

Back