Gratitude in the Gethsemane

Calling upon those things that are not as those they were
Gratitude for doors that were previously closed now flung wide open and doors that were only ajar....swung open with joyous welcome and doors
I never thought I could ever enter not only opening but eagerly beckoning.....doors of every wonderful great gift singing open light from heaven and ushering me in across its portals to a greater territory

The stone which the builders rejected has now become the chief cornerstone..this is the Lord's doing....is it not great in our eyes

Arise shine for your light has come

Expand the walls of thy tent

The Locked Gate

Read Matthew 7:7-14
To him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory.
-Ephesians 3:20-21 (NRSV)

AS a friend and I approached the entrance to the retreat center, we noticed the gate was closed with a chain draped around it. We stopped the car and wondered what to do. We honked the horn, but no one responded. We pressed the doorbell, but no one answered. We tried to phone the caretaker, but no one picked up.

After 10 minutes, we were beginning to get frustrated as the hot South African sun climbed higher in the sky. My friend walked up to the gate again and toyed with the padlock. To his surprise, the chain was not locked! He swung open the gate with ease and we entered the grounds, laughing heartily at our foolishness.

Throughout our lives, we encounter many closed doors, barred paths, and shuttered windows. But sometimes we assume that they are locked up tight; we don't even try to open them first. Instead, like my friend and me on that summer day, we worry, fret, and sweat!

The truth is that we have the spirit of God within us. When we are bold enough to attempt what God asks, with God's help, we will find gates swinging wide, pathways clearing, and windows thrown open.
Wes Magruder (Yaounde, Cameroon)
prayer.gif
Lord, give us confidence and courage to attempt what you ask even when gates appear locked. Amen.

thought.gif

Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can do far more than we imagine.

prayerfocus.gif

shim.gif

Those facing locked doors

Thanks, Kayte. I am still praying Psalms 138 and eagerly watching and waiting for the doors to start flying open.

Kayte, I agree with Sashaa, I am also eagerly waiting for those doors to open and for us to have the blessings that the Lord has in store for us.

Today I am thankful for the knowledge and belief that I CAN do all things through Christ who strenthens me.
Philippians 4:13 (King James Version)

13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

Exodus 14:24-30
24 Now it came to pass, in the morning watch, that the LORD looked down upon the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and cloud, and He troubled the army of the Egyptians. 25 And He took off their chariot wheels, so that they drove them with difficulty; and the Egyptians said, “Let us flee from the face of Israel, for the LORD fights for them against the Egyptians.”
26 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over the sea, that the waters may come back upon the Egyptians, on their chariots, and on their horsemen.” 27 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and when the morning appeared, the sea returned to its full depth, while the Egyptians were fleeing into it. So the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea. 28 Then the waters returned and covered the chariots, the horsemen, and all the army of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them. Not so much as one of them remained. 29 But the children of Israel had walked on dry land in the midst of the sea, and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left.
30 So the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians dead on the seashore. 31 Thus Israel saw the great work which the LORD had done in Egypt; so the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD and His servant Moses.

Today I am hakful for the supernatural support of the Lord and the knowledge that there is nothing too hard for God.

Kayte, I agree with Sashaa, I am also eagerly waiting for those doors to open and for us to have the blessings that the Lord has in store for us.

Thanks, Kayte. I am still praying Psalms 138 and eagerly watching and waiting for the doors to start flying open.

I am so committed Sashaa,and Ultrasuedea..in blessed communion & prayer with you and all who are participating in their hearts

He is our merciful God and I will keep praying...not only 138, but the posts are not only what I need to hear ..they are so healing in the most unusual supernatural way..I feel the Spirit of God...in the inspiration that chooses each and every precious word.

Dear Precious Lord I stand in firm and steadfast unwavering faith and agreement with these beautiful sisters ..and all of us who stand in need of your everlasting healing restorative power,mercy,grace,wisdom, love,strength,peace,and miracles.
We are your daughters and in the name of Jesus ...You said when two or more are gathered..there You are in our midst
Oh Lord we are humbly gathered here, our faith in and through You has made the mountains swerve and leap..in Your name... Please do as David entreated You
And now, Lord GOD, you are God and your words are truth; You have made this generous promise to your servant. 29 Do, then, bless the house of your servant that it may be before you forever; for you, Lord GOD, have promised, and by your blessing the house of your servant shall be blessed forever."

.....And now ..Abba..
Do as You promised...we say it aloud we come boldly to the throne of grace..we say it in our hearts we pray it constantly as You told us....it is done and we are grateful believing as we have asked so now we gratefully humbly joyfully receive
and we do not wait...but give You the glory NOW...give You the praise and hallelujahs NOW... give our heartfelt gratitude Now...
for Lord You know what's in our hearts and You said commit our ways to You ...oh Lord who restores and open doors that no man can shut...James said you have not because you ask not
so we ask in confidence...
Father,is anything too impossible for You? You who opens Your hand and fulfills the desire of Your children... for it is our Father's good pleasure to give to us,His little flock, the kingdom. Thank You for these good and perfect gifts
In the Holy name of Jesus who died on the cross so that we might live
Jesus who lives to intercede for us

Amen

David's Prayer
18 Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said:
"Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? 19 And as if this were not enough in your sight, O Sovereign LORD, you have also spoken about the future of the house of your servant. Is this your usual way of dealing with man, O Sovereign LORD ?
20 "What more can David say to you? For you know your servant, O Sovereign LORD. 21 For the sake of your word and according to your will, you have done this great thing and made it known to your servant.

22 "How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears. 23 And who is like your people Israel—the one nation on earth that God went out to redeem as a people for himself, and to make a name for himself, and to perform great and awesome wonders by driving out nations and their gods from before your people, whom you redeemed from Egypt? [c] 24 You have established your people Israel as your very own forever, and you, O LORD, have become their God.

25 "And now, LORD God, keep forever the promise you have made concerning your servant and his house. Do as you promised, 26 so that your name will be great forever. Then men will say, 'The LORD Almighty is God over Israel!' And the house of your servant David will be established before you.

27 "O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, you have revealed this to your servant, saying, 'I will build a house for you.' So your servant has found courage to offer you this prayer. 28 O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. 29 Now be pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, O Sovereign LORD, have spoken, and with your blessing the house of your servant will be blessed forever."

Last edited:
I am so grateful the Lord never gives up on me....and that prayers are being heard, loved and answered..for the Lord loves us....ever grateful for molding me the clay...keeping me humble and God willing...teachable and loving ..even while so so imperfect
I am especially grateful for my BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!! The Lord DOES provide for our EVERY need.I never think He'd care about my birthday...or dating

By the grace of God, I am dating a few different people..but one has emerged as very very special (J)and I've only known him a little over a month. For my birthday J sent me a surprise..I knew it was coming because he'd hinted it, but I thought it'd be something like ..a jar of honey because he's always commenting on my skin and calling me..honeygirl :drunk:
and he asked me if I used honey in my teas etc ..and I was like ..welll
not so much and he was like yeah you probably do...so I thought
alRight honey for my birthday ..it's sweet ..and it's thoughtful :yep:

well yesterday I see there's a package for me ..even before my birthday..pick up from my front desk this huge heavy box and I shook it and felt some thing like a jar rolling in there and I got it open
ohhhhh..there a top layer of red tissue paper with a pink envelope card on top...there was a huge jar of lavender bath salts,and lavender candles in the special tins,and four small scented candles,each wrapped separately,and then there was a CD of Yo-Yo Ma...and yes there WAS a jar of special raw honey:grin: and just when I thought that was it and I was overwhelmed,and grateful and the loving letter/message he'd handwritten in the birthday love-togetherness card affirming our friendship and attraction..was moving.....
..there is this something heavy and flat and it's a picture frame with the lyrics of a song..that J first said to me to let me know he thought of me in a special way..a couple of lines from it..

I'll be right here if you need me
don't ask why I'll never disapear..

it's so beautiful.. he mounted the lyrics onto a background..picked out a chrome bordered frame...made the design the whole aethestic himself.it's so beautfiul it goes right in my office
He made sure we'd speak at 11:30 pm before midnight so he could wish me happy birthday at midnight..he counted down like New Year's, lol and then he called me again at 7:54am NY time because my birthtime is 4:57 am Calif time...and he wanted a couple minutes before official time...to wish me happy birthday...
He remembered ..(I didn't) that I'd told him,as a musician who loves stringed instruments that my vision is one day to touch the cello
and so he got the CD of a master cellist...knowing that I love the cello
and the scented candles he wanted me to have a sweet scent when I opened the box ..it was like every little thing had a special meaning and he said he pictured me opening not one but the next one ..and the next one ..etc..and he'd planned this..in advance ..this loving experience
I was in tears.. :) so overwhelmed

and tonight for my birthday another friend who knows I love sunsets is taking me to a rooftop restaurant to see the sunset over dinner...and another friend is taking me to dinner on friday..
what an incredible birthday this ..these friends are
With J.. well,I am not sure of what God has in mind with him. I read to him from the Message Bible after our birthday hello...on a verse I picked at random that mentioned birthday! I am willing to surrender on this/J and just for today give heartfelt thanks for a an unexpected birthday suprises that has me feeling so loved and special
and it 's not over yet! As someone reminded me
Thanks be to God who DOES provide for E-V-E-R-Y need.
E-v-e-r-y N-E-E-D
even the ones I think are completely unimportant to Him

My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Every good and perfect gift comes from Heaven above

New Heavens and a New Earth
Isaiah

17-25"Pay close attention now:
I'm creating new heavens and a new earth.
All the earlier troubles, chaos, and pain
are things of the past, to be forgotten.
Look ahead with joy.
Anticipate what I'm creating:
I'll create Jerusalem as sheer joy,
create my people as pure delight.
I'll take joy in Jerusalem,
take delight in my people:
No more sounds of weeping in the city,
no cries of anguish;
No more babies dying in the cradle,
or old people who don't enjoy a full lifetime;
One-hundredth birthdays will be considered normal—
anything less will seem like a cheat.
They'll build houses
and move in.
They'll plant fields
and eat what they grow.
No more building a house
that some outsider takes over,
No more planting fields
that some enemy confiscates,
For my people will be as long-lived as trees,
my chosen ones will have satisfaction in their work.
They won't work and have nothing come of it,
they won't have children snatched out from under them.
For they themselves are plantings blessed by God,
with their children and grandchildren likewise God-blessed.
Before they call out, I'll answer.
Before they've finished speaking, I'll have heard.

Last edited:
[]Many of you are familiar with Rev. Robert Schuller.[/]
On one occasion.Schuller is famous for having cut the word `impossible' out of his dictionary. Today, I want to encourage some possibility thinking. We need to explore the possibility that today is the beginning of the best part of our lives. Yes, I know that you may have lived most of your life as a Christian, but have your really lived it?
Yes, we will continue to face some mountains, but with a personal relationship with God. We can truly have a great life in service to God and our neighbor.

Sorry sorry sorry for all the multiple lengthy posts....full heart brimming today w/needing to share
and wishing every one as a birth_day prayer.....
to birth something wonderful this day ..this week this minute..this year..this hour ..this night

When I think of... the impossible.... With God, with Christ Jesus..I am no longer impossible
but...I'm_Possible
:)

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYTE! I really enjoyed your posts today. And I am standing in agreement with you in the beautiful prayer that you prayed today. Have a blessed birthday.

One of my favorite bible stories is when the king of Syria sent armies to kill Elisha and God sent an army of angels to protect him.

2 Kings 16-17
16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Today, I am grateful that even when you can't always see Him or feel His presence, He is still there.

Today I am grateful for the resurrection and Christ's death. I've been asking what needs to die so that Christ can live in me and what needs to be ressurected.

Righteousness does not come through the Law of Moses, nor by any other scheme or plan save one; the gospel of Christ .

Grace brings to us salvation, but also responsibilities. As those responsibilities are met, we are living by faith. There is quite simply no other path to God; if there is, the "Christ died needlessly." (Galatians 2:21). But there is not. His death was an absolute necessity, and there is no other way to the Father but by Him (John 14:6).

Acts 20:24

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace

Galatians 2:19-20.

For through the Law I died to the Law, that I might live unto God. I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me." (Galatians 2:19-20).

Thanks Kayte for started this thread.

I am so thankful for so many things that i can not list them all. But i will start from last night i had a dream that the enemy tried to destroy me. Long story short i was dying right before my family eyes. I didn't want my last words to be any other then how great the Lord was to me and those around me. And the more i praise his name the stronger i became. I became so strong that i destroyed the same enemy that i thought had destroyed me. I woke up from that dream renew and more in love with the Lord then ever before.

12 But you, O Lord, will sit on your throne forever.
Your fame will endure to every generation.

Ezekiel 37:1-14
The Dry Bones Live
1 The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. 2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. 3 And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”
So I answered, “O Lord GOD, You know.”
4 Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.”’”
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.
9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”’” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.
11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD.’”

Today I am thankful that the Lord can take the dry barren areas of our lives and breathe new life back into them. And for the renewal of my spirit and for God's steadfast and all emcompassing love.

Ultrasuedea, you outdid yourself today!! Thank you for sharing that-I definitely needed to hear that today.

God bless you, sis!

Thanks Kayte for started this thread.

I am so thankful for so many things that i can not list them all. But i will start from last night i had a dream that the enemy tried to destroy me. Long story short i was dying right before my family eyes. I didn't want my last words to be any other then how great the Lord was to me and those around me. And the more i praise his name the stronger i became. I became so strong that i destroyed the same enemy that i thought had destroyed me. I woke up from that dream renew and more in love with the Lord then ever before.

12 But you, O Lord, will sit on your throne forever.
Your fame will endure to every generation.

Thank you for sharing/posting!
And thanking the thread idea....but really it's all of us...in this holy walk together :)

your dream was so powerful...
I love when my dreams reveal how much God loves me and how much I love Him.

Last edited:
Numbers 23- 19 God is not a man, that he should lie,
nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

20 I have received a command to bless;
he has blessed, and I cannot change it.

Today I am thankful that the promises of God are true and that what he has promised he will bring to pass. And that the Lord is sustaining my spirit and enabling me to hold on.

I am grateful for God's gift of prayer

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

When we have exhausted all other avenues and have thrown ourselves at the foot of the cross, it is then that our waiting ends, for we have made the way clear for Him to work a more astounding miracle than we had even hoped! Let us never forget that God's delays are not denials. He longs to be gracious to us, but He is waiting: waiting for us to let go of our need for control, our need to know the future; waiting for us to sit back and rest and allow Him to work the miracle. He doesn't need our help, we'll just get in the way, so He waits and when He sees that we are waiting for Him then we will be blessed!
Father; help us to go to you first with a childlike trust. Help us to let go of our need to control our lives and give them over to you. May we allow you to work the miracles you have in store for each of us without delay. We get in your way so often and we ask for your forgiveness for our stupidity. You are a gracious Father and full of compassion and you long to bless us! Help us to wait for you. Remind us daily that in your own time and in your own way we will be blessed. In our waiting, may glory rise to you, as all see the miracles that you have in store for your children! Amen.

Be persistent in prayer, and keep alert as you pray, giving thanks to God.

-Colossians 4:2 (TEV)

Persistence reminded me of the story Jesus told his disciples. A widow repeatedly brought her case before a hardened judge. Because of the woman's constant requests, the judge finally agreed to hear the case. Jesus was illustrating that we should continually bring our needs before God in prayer. If a woman's repeated request eventually caused an uncaring judge to consent, certainly our consistent prayers will gain the ear of our loving heavenly Father. Often we become discouraged and give up praying. Instead, the story in Luke tells us to continue praying and never give up.

Dear God, help us to persevere in praying, believing that you hear our prayers and will answer them. Amen.

God delights in our prayers.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:9

We too often think of the Cross of Christ as something we have to get through, yet we get through for the purpose of getting into it. The Cross represents only one thing for us— complete, entire, absolute identification with the Lord Jesus Christ— and there is nothing in which this identification is more real to us than in prayer.
"Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him" ( Matthew 6:8 ).

I am thankful that good things come to those who wait.

Isaiah 40: 27-31

27 Why do you say, O Jacob,
And speak, O Israel:
“ My way is hidden from the LORD,
And my just claim is passed over by my God”?
28 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the LORD,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Exodus 16-4 Then the LORD said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. 5 On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days." Today I am thankful that the Lord provides for me on a daily basis and that his mercies are new each day.

I am grateful for the sweetness of life....with all of its complications and intricacies and sudden upside down twists ..even among unexpected pain// disillusionment...betrayal...redemptions forgiveness reconciliation restoration healing
God has breathed life into me....and it is all so worth it..
to find sweetness in each and every day ....God is so good

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.Proverbs 16:24

Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart; so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."~Proverbs 27:9~

Last edited:
Proverbs 3:1-9
Further Benefits of Wisdom
1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you prosperity.

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. [a]

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.

8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth, and with the firstfruits of your crops

Today I am grateful for good health and the wisdom of the word of God which gives us guidance in handling all life situations .

Last edited:
Today I am grateful for God's promises of dreams coming true and success even when opposition comes up including my own negativity

Do you not say, `Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.

The locusts have one more important lesson to teach us: Instead of following, lead the way! If you keep hoping someone will take you by the hand and tell you how it's all going to work out, you'll never get anywhere. "The locusts have no king [leader], yet they go forth." Note the word "go." Has it occurred to you that God may have called you to blaze the trail and set the pace? You've sat in church for years and heard all the sermons, now "it's time to cross the Jordan and take possession of the land the Lord your God is giving you" (See Jos 1:11).
But you say, "Nobody in my family has ever done anything like this before." Good, then you'll be the first! Who are you going to listen to? The voices of your dysfunctional past or the God who is saying to you, "Be strong and courageous...for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" (Jos 1:9 NIV). Having folks think your ideas are crazy, is just part of every success story. When God moves, He doesn't commission a focus group or call for a vote. No, He looks for somebody like Isaiah to say, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isa 6:8 NIV). Then He underwrites them, equips them and sends them out to be "The head, and not the tail...above only, and...not...beneath" (Dt 28:13).
And the people God uses are people He can trust with success; people who say, "My wings were too small to travel this far. It wasn't my flapping around that got me here, it was God."

As we experience success and move forward in God's plan for our lives, it can be easy to forget where we came from, to ignore the very purpose for which God has shown us his favour. Only three things can help us to avoid this. One is to stay close to God. Another is to stay in touch with people who have known us for a long time; people who can speak honestly to us because they have our best interests at heart. The third is to stay connected to real human needs, to be in a place where we can volunteer to help others. God wants to give us success – but we are blessed to be a blessing.

Prayer: 'Father, thank you for the success you've given me. Help me to use it for the promotion of your plans in my world, and help me not to lose touch with the reason for the blessing!'

Prayer for Dreamers

We pray for the dreamers of this life, O God,
for those persons who imagine new possibilities,
who long for what others cannot perceive,
who spin dreams of wonder and majesty in their minds.
Defend them from ridicule and harsh criticism,
from self-doubt and lack of faith in their dreams,
and from abandonment of this call to make things new.
Grant that from their dreams
may come forth blessings for humankind
to enrich the quality of life
and the wonderment of us all.
Amen.

James 5:13-18 13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. Today I am thankful for the power of prayer.

James 5:13-18 13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. Today I am thankful for the power of prayer.

There is indeed power in prayer!

Great is Thy Faithfulness!! I am thankful that God is ever faithful-even in the lean times and the dark hours-He is still faithful.

I thank God for his Divine Discernment. Not only that when he reveals it too me. That I am grateful and can still love the people when they twist words/ things against me! God is able! Still turn it around for my good. :grin:

Last edited:
Revelation 12: 10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
"Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Christ.
For the accuser of our brothers,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
11They overcame him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;

Today I am grateful for the knowledge that God is the most powerful force in any believer's life and that with his blessing and favor all things are possible for us. And if we hold on and faint not we will have a great testimony.

By the grace of God I am grateful for the gift of God's teachings...following Jeuss
I am a-willing-to-learn-woman and remain teachable
even by the those teachers I would not have chosen

Psalm 55:22 He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers
1TI 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set
an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in
purity.

EXO 4:11 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf
or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD?

12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

71:17 Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare
your marvelous deeds.

18 Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding;

It is worth noting that Joseph is about 17 years of age in Genesis 37. The teen years are a time when the youth of any era are prone to retaliation and selfishness. However, this boy was clearly taught from an early age that a real man is a servant to others.

Second, Joseph realized at a young age that God was controlling his life. How else can you explain his relentless pursuit of excellence throughout his various trials? No matter what happened to him, Joseph always remembered the divine visions that the Father had laid on his heart in his teen years (Gen. 37:1-6). He was convinced that there was a plan for his life and that somehow, sometime, God would reveal what it was.

Whether you are 17 or 77, the lessons of Joseph's life are valuable. It is never too late to learn the art of service or to recognize God's perfect plan. Even better, it's never too late to help someone else discover these things.

Last edited:
Back