Gratitude in the Gethsemane

Psalm 105:1-5
1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

2 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.

3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

4 Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.

5 Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,

Today I am grateful for the majesty and wonder of God and the knowledge that whatever he said in his word he will bring to pass.

Day13
Today I am grateful for the provisions of God for here and hereafter.

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ ...

… my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psalm 23:5,6 KJV

Day 14
My gratitude is desires of the heart

I feel them coming true and I am astonished when I begin to see
glimpses and I wonder why am I surprised when my prayers are answered
Hasn't God ALWAYS shown me the better way?

I am grateful for God's love. It is ALL I live for...nothing matters next to HIM and my job here is be of service and open my heart to living the love of Christ and grateful to declare and claim this publicly and to know HE
has prepared a place just for me...here and hereafter
Praise God!

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

Psalm 145:16 “You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing”

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us that we should be called children of God!

—1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection]. —1 John 4:18

Psalm 21
The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!

2 Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.
3 For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
4 He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.
5 His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him. 6 For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.
7 For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved

Psalm 37

Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. 6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:

Habakkuk 2
I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

I Chronicles 4;10
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.

Last edited:
Job 42:1-5
Job
1 Then Job replied to the LORD :
2 "I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted.

3 You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.

4 "You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.'

5 My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.
Today I am grateful for the knowledge that God compensates and restores. And the truth that what the Lord has given to me no man can take from me.

Day 15
Today I am grateful for the Lord's promise of restoration
I am forgiving
I am forgiven
I am loving
I am loved
I am healing
and being restored

Isaiah 49:8[ Restoration of Israel ] This is what the LORD says: "In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances

1. Nehemiah 5:11Restore, I pray you, to them, even this day, their lands, their vineyards, their oliveyards, and their houses, also the hundredth part of the money, and of the corn, the wine, and the oil, that ye exact of them.
  1. Nehemiah 5:12Then said they, We will restore them, and will require nothing of them; so will we do as thou sayest. Then I called the priests, and took an oath of them, that they should do according to this promise.
Jeremiah 33

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
blnk.gif
6 Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.
blnk.gif
7 And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.
blnk.gif
8 And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.
blnk.gif
9 And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.
10 Thus saith the Lord; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast, 11 The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the Lord of hosts: for the Lord is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the Lord.
  1. Job 20:10His children shall seek to please the poor, and his hands shall restore their goods.
  2. Job 20:18That which he laboured for shall he restore, and shall not swallow it down: according to his substance shall the restitution be, and he shall not rejoice therein.
  3. Psalm 23:3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
  4. Psalm 51:12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

saith the LORD; then will I bring them up, and restore them to this place.
  5. Jeremiah 30:17For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD;
  6. weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
  7. Joel 2:25And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

My sisters
this is the 15th day and the 2nd track of the gratitude challenge was technically over yesterday..and it was greatly beneficial for me
and I hope for all who read and /or posted
but if we want to continue...then ..if it's okay I'd like to keep tracking the days..and to continue as long as there are other posters ..or even if the thread drops and gets bumped as long as another or others also post....

Just don't feel it's the purpose of CF or fair for me to assume the thread as sole poster's online diary..
and that's not happening now..but just to let those interested know

(((((((((hugs))))))))

tia :)

2 Corinthians 4:13 Day 15

13It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken."With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak,

Today I am grateful for the gift of faith.

I have been traveling for several days but I am glad for God's traveling grace and to be back at home. I am also grateful for all those who posted encouraging words over the past few days. I really enjoy reading so many encouraging thoughts and verses.

Today, I am thankful for all the LHCF members who offer prayers and encouraging words to others across the country and around the world. Many of us haven't even seen each other but we still are so giving of our time and talents. God bless all of you!

DAY16
Giving thanks for God's mercies that are new every morning,by His hand
I am not consumed
AND for my sweetest sister Shimmie..what a beautiful gift you have been!
May God abundantly bless you...dear one :)

Today's gratitude The Lord's mercies and for Shimmie
The third verse reminded of Shimmie

from SHIMMIE
Angels, there is no magic pattern or prayer, you are simply putting it there in God's hands. Then let it come from Him. And it will, "Because you asked" just as Hannah did and God said, yes.
All we are doing is coming together as one, for each other, believing God.

MIC 6:8
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

MAT 5:7
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

ROM 12:8
if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to
the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him
govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

Day 16 Psalms 52:8-9 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in and confidently rely on the loving-kindness and the mercy of God forever and ever.I will thank You and confide in You forever, because You have done it [delivered me and kept me safe]. I will wait on, hope in and expect in Your name. Today I am grateful for a merciful God who does more than we can ask or think.

In the midst of turmoil and a big disappointment..a closed door that opened for a minute and I was so happy & then it closed
that I'm still battling the pain of that....but
while sleeping this morning I had a lucid dream and these words popped up ..like big signs ....at different times writing them down before I
forget....

Victory
Triumph
Excitment
Celebration
Extra provisons

I'm not entering them the way they appeared
in my dream they were in exclamations and highlighted

anyways though these are not happening ...the opposite
I didn't know what to give thanks for..... my disappointment is so big..and trying not to cry..but failing cas this one hurts
sometimes its harder when a door opens for minute and then closes
then not to open at all.. Anyways...I just trusted putting my thoughts down here...the Lord would reveal and here...and I thought of Habakkuk
and so
Today's gratitude is thanks in the Lord and His Word
regardless of my circumstance and for encouraging words that the Lord put in my dream distilled from turmoil

Habakkuk Rejoices in the Lord

17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.

Lord, I thank You for the doors that are opening. I know it is because of Your influence. My earnest desire is to seek You in all my ways. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

This story was a great comfort to me today as I pondered the "Egypts" in my life. I thought of the times when God asked me to trust Him and obey--even when what He was asking sounded crazy. I thought of how He knows the future and provides our needs ahead of time. I thought of how He can soften hearts as He did with the Egyptians and how I can trust every situation to Him. He sees the big picture, when all I see is what is right in front of me. I need to rely on Him when the future looks scary. I need to say "yes" to whatever He asks of me, instead of arguing based on my limited view. I can only have a big picture of life when I see it through His eyes. That truth continues to bring me peace--even in the midst of this crazy, mixed-up world. I hope that it will bring you peace and hope today in whatever you may be facing in life.

Dear Lord, help me to rely on You, and not on what is in front of me. Help me to trust in the outcome simply because I know it is in Your very capable hands. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Day17- Danieil 10:4-18 4 On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river, the Tigris, 5 I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of the finest gold around his waist. 6 His body was like chrysolite, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.

7 I, Daniel, was the only one who saw the vision; the men with me did not see it, but such terror overwhelmed them that they fled and hid themselves. 8 So I was left alone, gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale and I was helpless. 9 Then I heard him speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground.

10 A hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11 He said, "Daniel, you who are highly esteemed, consider carefully the words I am about to speak to you, and stand up, for I have now been sent to you." And when he said this to me, I stood up trembling.

12 Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. 14 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come."

15 While he was saying this to me, I bowed with my face toward the ground and was speechless. 16 Then one who looked like a man touched my lips, and I opened my mouth and began to speak. I said to the one standing before me, "I am overcome with anguish because of the vision, my lord, and I am helpless. 17 How can I, your servant, talk with you, my lord? My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe."

18 Again the one who looked like a man touched me and gave me strength. 19 "Do not be afraid, O man highly esteemed," he said. "Peace! Be strong now; be strong."
When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength."

Today I am thankful for patience to wait upon the Lord and his answer.

Today I am grateful for the kind caring prayer warriors who pm'ed me yesterday...It meant all the difference

there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” Proverbs 18:24 ...
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man [… or woman] availeth much" (Jas. 5:16).

Nehemiah 6:15, 16, 19 'So the wall was completed on the twenty-fifth of Elul, in fifty-two days. When all our enemies heard about this, all the surrounding nations were afraid and lost their self-confidence, because they realized that this work had been done with the help of our God… And Tobiah [my enemy] sent letters to intimidate me.'

Show me someone who's never had an enemy and I'll show you someone who has achieved nothing in life. One of the signs of a truly significant life is opposition. Nothing truly remarkable is achieved without it. Like it or not, you have spiritual enemies; forces of darkness that would love to remove every great thing God has placed inside you. According to Jesus, the devil and his cohorts want only to 'rob, kill and destroy'. If they had authority over you, they would do anything to prevent you reaching God's high calling for your life. Thankfully, you are covered by God's hand because you are serving Jesus. Whenever you come close to finishing a task or project for the Lord – large or small – your spiritual enemies grow disheartened, they lose confidence in themselves. And that's when they're at their most dangerous. That's when they'll throw everything at you. They know that if you complete the assignment you will be more confident in future. Other people will also see the favour of God on you and start looking toward the Lord for themselves. The good news is that all you have to do to overcome your enemies is to keep your cool and refuse to be distracted. Their defeat is in the completion of your task. When you take them on, you will find that there's very little fight behind their fury. They may accuse and try to intimidate you, but they can't stop you! The only way you could fail is if you were to take your eye of the ball, to stop moving forward to the goal. The key to overcoming your enemies is to keep your mind on the job and see it through to the end.

Prayer: 'Father, help me to keep my eye on the goal ahead. Please help me not to be distracted by the threats and harassment of the enemy, especially when I'm close to the goal.'

1-7 The Spirit of God, the Master, is on me because God anointed me.
He sent me to preach good news to the poor,
heal the heartbroken,
Announce freedom to all captives,
pardon all prisoners.
God sent me to announce the year of his grace—
a celebration of God's destruction of our enemies—
and to comfort all who mourn,
To care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion,
give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes,
Messages of joy instead of news of doom,
a praising heart instead of a languid spirit.
Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness"
planted by God to display his glory.
They'll rebuild the old ruins,
raise a new city out of the wreckage.
They'll start over on the ruined cities,
take the rubble left behind and make it new.
You'll hire outsiders to herd your flocks
and foreigners to work your fields,
But you'll have the title "Priests of God,"
honored as ministers of our God.
You'll feast on the bounty of nations,
you'll bask in their glory.
Because you got a double dose of trouble
and more than your share of contempt,
Your inheritance in the land will be doubled
and your joy go on forever.

8-9"Because I, God, love fair dealing
and hate thievery and crime,
I'll pay your wages on time and in full,
and establish my eternal covenant with you.
Your descendants will become well-known all over.
Your children in foreign countries
Will be recognized at once
as the people I have blessed." 10-11I will sing for joy in God,
explode in praise from deep in my soul!
He dressed me up in a suit of salvation,
he outfitted me in a robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo
and a bride a jeweled tiara.
For as the earth bursts with spring wildflowers,
and as a garden cascades with blossoms,
So the Master, God, brings righteousness into full bloom
and puts praise on display before the nations.

Kayte, what encouraging words!! Thank you for being kind enough to share with us.

I thank God that He cares enough to make me better and stronger.
Romans 5:3b-5 ...we glory in tribulations also; knowing that tribulations works patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Today I am grateful for the gift of life! I am grateful that God is supplying all my needs, and working out all the kinks in my life (although I'm not sure how yet:lol:). I am grateful for my family! Although we don't always get to see each other (extended family), I know that there is deep love among us all, and that I am blessed to have good, faithful people!

I know that before I was born, all my steps were ordered, and the plans were laid out.

I am grateful that even when I don't make the best choices, God treats these decisions as a detour, because the final destination was set before I was known to my parents!

I am very grateful for God's Grace, Mercy and His Love. These three alone really speak to me. I am very grateful that I can trust and always count on the Lord no matter what. I am so grateful for the Bible and All of The Lord's promises that he has made to all of us.:yep:

Day18- Job22:25-30. 25 Yes, the Almighty will be your gold
And your precious silver;

26 For then you will have your delight in the Almighty,
And lift up your face to God.

27 You will make your prayer to Him,
He will hear you,
And you will pay your vows.

28 You will also declare a thing,
And it will be established for you;
So light will shine on your ways.

29 When they cast you down, and you say, ‘Exaltation will come!’
Then He will save the humble person.

30 He will even deliver one who is not innocent;
Yes, he will be delivered by the purity of your hands

Today I am thankful for the grace and favor of the Lord.

Last edited:
Day-19
Psalm 31
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 In You, O LORD, I put my trust;
Let me never be ashamed;
Deliver me in Your righteousness.
2 Bow down Your ear to me,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me.

3 For You are my rock and my fortress;
Therefore, for Your name’s sake,
Lead me and guide me.
4 Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me,
For You are my strength.
5 Into Your hand I commit my spirit;
You have redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

6 I have hated those who regard useless idols;
But I trust in the LORD.
7 I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy,
For You have considered my trouble;
You have known my soul in adversities,
8 And have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy;
You have set my feet in a wide place.

9 Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am in trouble;
My eye wastes away with grief,
Yes, my soul and my body!
10 For my life is spent with grief,
And my years with sighing;
My strength fails because of my iniquity,
And my bones waste away.
11 I am a reproach among all my enemies,
But especially among my neighbors,
And am repulsive to my acquaintances;
Those who see me outside flee from me.
12 I am forgotten like a dead man, out of mind;
I am like a broken vessel.
13 For I hear the slander of many;
Fear is on every side;
While they take counsel together against me,
They scheme to take away my life.

14 But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD;
I say, “You are my God.”
15 My times are in Your hand;
Deliver me from the hand of my enemies,
And from those who persecute me.
16 Make Your face shine upon Your servant;
Save me for Your mercies’ sake.
17 Do not let me be ashamed, O LORD, for I have called upon You;
Let the wicked be ashamed;
Let them be silent in the grave.
18 Let the lying lips be put to silence,
Which speak insolent things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

19 Oh, how great is Your goodness,
Which You have laid up for those who fear You,
Which You have prepared for those who trust in You
In the presence of the sons of men!
20 You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence
From the plots of man;
You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion
From the strife of tongues.

21 Blessed be the LORD,
For He has shown me His marvelous kindness in a strong city!
22 For I said in my haste,
“I am cut off from before Your eyes”;
Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications
When I cried out to You.

23 Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints!
For the LORD preserves the faithful,
And fully repays the proud person.
24 Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the LORD.

Today I am grateful to have a God in whom I can absolutely trust.

Last edited:
Today I am grateful for James

He is a true gift .We are newly romantic....&
when I asked him about attending church with me he said he would go and he'd hoped not just once...but many times
and I cried..no man ever said he would go to church like that ..

he's so supportive of my work.... wants to take me to my out of state engagements....tells me a million times a day how he cares...and he's made it clear he's hoping we will be a couple..though we are taking it slow at my request..it's great to have such a friend..who can be so there for me and so honest..and who I can be real with

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Today I am grateful for God's gift of spiritual maturity,
I am not there,yet in maturity, but I've come to realize...looking at my spiritual mentors some of who are on this board,my beautiful spirited woman minister,my mother,my sister,Ruth, Esther, Hannah,Yael,Deborah,Mary,Naomi,David,Jonathan Paul,Peter
and most importantly Jesus, that I can still grow and aspire to walk in The Way with humility and love.

Praised be the name of Jehovah-Ji-reh

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing,
but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day
approaching.

2CO 1:12 Our conscience testifies that we have
conducted ourselves in the world, in the holiness and sincerity that are from God. We have done so not according to worldly wisdom but according to God's grace.

11 The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-
scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-
watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

I am thankful that God listens and answers prayer. I am also thankful for the Holy Spirit that has been sent as a comforter.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-19

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit.

2 Kings 4-7
The Widow's Oil
1 The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the LORD. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves."
2 Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?"
"Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil."

3 Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few. 4 Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side."

5 She left him and afterward shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. 6 When all the jars were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another one."
But he replied, "There is not a jar left." Then the oil stopped flowing.

7 She went and told the man of God, and he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.
Today I am grateful for the provision of the Lord.

The two posts above moved me ..so much...I am grateful...
I could not sleep..bed at 2am and woke up early at 7am on the floor was a card where I had hand written

The Lord shall bless thee out of Zion and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life... yea thou shalt see thy children's children and peace upon Israel

I sat in my rocking chair with my Bible as I do before I begin my day and opened it at random..to Deueteronomy 8

Thus you are to know in your heart that the LORD your God was disciplining you just as a man disciplines his son.
6"Therefore, you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him.
7"For (H)the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, flowing forth in valleys and hills;
8a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey;
9a land where you will eat food without scarcity, in which you will not lack anything; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills you can dig copper. 10"When (I)you have eaten and are satisfied, you shall bless the LORD your God for the good land which He has given you.
He (O)brought water for you out of the rock of flint.
16"In the wilderness He fed you manna (P)which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might (Q)test you, to do good for you in the end.
17"Otherwise, (R)you may say in your heart, 'My power and the strength of my hand made me this wealth.' 18"But you shall remember the LORD your God, for (S)it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
my gratitude today is God's blessings ..
they may be playing hide'n seek but that's the gratitude and then

in my morning online devotion.....
The commander stood a head above the rest of the soldiers. He was dressed in finest battle attire, head aloft and proud, sword drawn. To see the man was to be filled with the confidence that everything would work out. He exuded the sense of triumph and victory. Everything about him claimed victory before the battle was even begun. Our Lord is like that. He is the source of all power and might. His wisdom is matched by none.
and then the prayer of the day..title was a Prayer of Thanks& it was Psalm 118
Thanksgiving for Victory

1 Thank the Lord because he is good.
4 Let those who respect the Lord say,
"His love continues forever."

5 I was in trouble, so I called to the Lord.
The Lord answered me and set me free.
6 I will not be afraid, because the Lord is with me.
People can't do anything to me.
15 Shouts of joy and victory
come from the tents of those who do right:
"The Lord has done powerful things."
16 The power of the Lord has won the victory;
with his power the Lord has done mighty things.

17 I will not die, but live,
and I will tell what the Lord has done.
18 The Lord has taught me a hard lesson,
but he did not let me die.

21 Lord, I thank you for answering me.
You have saved me.

22 The stone that the builders rejected
became the cornerstone.
23 The Lord did this,
and it is wonderful to us.
24 This is the day that the Lord has made.
Let us rejoice and be glad today!

25 Please, Lord, save us;
please, Lord, give us success.
28 You are my God, and I will thank you;
you are my God, and I will praise your greatness.

29 Thank the Lord because he is good.
His love continues forever.

Yes gratitude is due for God's blessing along with answered prayer in joyful anticipation of oil jars being filled ..and cups running over.
Thank you Lord! :)

Kayte, I really appreciate Psalm 118 and everything it expresses, it is my personal favorite Psalm that I chose years ago because it really illustrates how the Lord will deliver us and give victory no matter what the situation looks like.

Mine too,Ultrasueda!

I especially love the part about the stone the builders rejected has now become the chief cornerstone...
...how that has been a sustainer through many a rejection..

and how the Lord turns it all around,for the good.

I am thankful that the work God has started in us, He is faithful to finish it!

7 “ Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd,
Against the Man who is My Companion,”
Says the LORD of hosts.

“ Strike the Shepherd,
And the sheep will be scattered;
Then I will turn My hand against the little ones.
8 And it shall come to pass in all the land,”
Says the LORD,

“ That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die,
But one-third shall be left in it:
9 I will bring the one-third through the fire,
Will refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them.
I will say, ‘This is My people’;
And each one will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’”

Zechariah 13: 7-9

2 Kings 4-7
The Widow's Oil
1 The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the LORD. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves."
2 Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?"
"Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil."

3 Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few. 4 Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side."

5 She left him and afterward shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. 6 When all the jars were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another one."
But he replied, "There is not a jar left." Then the oil stopped flowing.

7 She went and told the man of God, and he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.
Today I am grateful for the provision of the Lord.

I always enjoy reading this passage! What I enjoy most is that the oil stopped not because God was out of oil but because the widow was out of vessels. He has more than enough to provide for all of our needs and then some!

I always enjoy reading this passage! What I enjoy most is that the oil stopped not because God was out of oil but because the widow was out of vessels. He has more than enough to provide for all of our needs and then some!

Yes that is so true because God gave the widow more than she could ask or think .And God certainly proved himself to the widow and her family because they came completely out of debt and had oil left over to sell.

Back