Gratitude in the Gethsemane

I am grateful by the grace and mercy of God for the work...I was so frightened this summer. My total income was based on appearances only... By the grace of God there was/is enough..and for September

My own reminder...God provides for my EVERY need even the ones I think are far too insignificant for HIM to care or think about and I am grateful in advance for every need being met.Thank You God:)

The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces." Proverbs 30:28

Spiders (2)
When it's time to lay eggs the spider produces a particular type of silk thread and spins it into a protective sac, then deposits them. When an enemy comes to steal the spider's offspring, it gets trapped on the sticky fluids that line the silk. Then the spider wraps the enemy in another kind of thread, and turns it into food. What's the message of the spider? The battle is over your future!

Don't let the enemy have your children. Don't let him rob you of your potential. Don't let him steal your destiny. When those with weak wills, weak knees and weak faith saw the giants in the Promised Land they wanted to go back to Egypt.

But not Caleb. He said, "Neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us" (Nu 14:9). When you understand what the battle in your life is about, you actually begin to feed off the stuff the enemy throws at you and say, "Bring it on, what does not destroy me will only make me stronger."

Be like Shammah. "When the Philistines banded together at a place where there was a field full of lentils, Israel's troops fled...But Shammah took his stand in the middle of the field. He defended it and struck the Philistines down, and the Lord brought about a great victory" (2Sa 23:11-12 NIV). Shammah knew what he was fighting for. That lentil patch put food on his table. It represented his family's future. It was his legacy. And when Shammah stood up to the enemy, "The Lord brought about a great victory." And He'll do the same for you!

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, 'I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.'"
Isaiah 48:17
"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers."
3 John 1:2
"You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day."
Deuteronomy 8:18
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body and refreshment to your bones. Honor the LORD from your wealth and from the first of all your produce; so your barns will be filled with plenty and your vats will overflow with new wine.
Proverbs 3:5-10
"You will prosper, if you are careful to observe the statutes and the ordinances which the LORD commanded Moses concerning Israel. Be strong and courageous, do not fear nor be dismayed."
1 Chronicles 22:13
"How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers.
Psalm 1:1-3
"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
Matthew 6:33
"Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established."
Proverbs 16:3

If they hear and serve Him, they will end their days in prosperity and their years in pleasures."
Job 36:11
"We urge you, brethren, to excel still more, and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you, so that you will behave properly toward outsiders and not be in any need."
1 Thessalonians 4:10-12

Last edited:
On Its Way -- Part 1

Whitney Capps

"Now it came about in the course of those many days that the king of Egypt died. And the sons of Israel sighed because of the bondage, and they cried out; and their cry for help because of their bondage rose up to God. So God heard their groaning; and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. God saw the sons of Israel, and God took notice of them." Exodus 2:23-25 (NASB)

The Israelites were crying out to God for help in their slavery, but had no way of knowing that their gracious God was already at work, calling Moses to be His mouthpiece and their deliverer from Egypt. God had heard their cries, but it would be some measure of time before they were aware that He had answered their prayers.

Patience is required for those who seek the face of God. He has the answer in hand before we even voice our need, but it may take some time to manifest.

Most of my earliest memories are set in Fort Worth, Texas where we lived while my dad attended Southwestern Seminary. I remember little of the hardships my parents and grandparents talk about. My Granny still cries every time she describes what those years were like for her young son and daughter-in-law, so poor and so far from home. My mom, though a degreed teacher, stayed at home with me. My dad went to school full-time and worked as much as his demanding study schedule would allow. These were lean times financially.

At one point during our stint in Fort Worth, our car was stolen from the apartment complex where we lived. Mom tells me that while we had insurance, we didn't have the money to pay the $100 deductible. While my parents tried to figure out how to make the ends meet, the mail arrived that day with a letter from my dad's childhood Sunday school teacher. The letter explained that God had laid our family on his heart a few days prior, and God had told him to send us some money. In fact, God had told him to send us $100.00!

So a letter left Georgia nearly a full day before our car was stolen and two days before we were aware of our desperate need for $100.00. Even before my sweet parents' prayers had reached the throne room of heaven, our great God had provision on its way. Remarkable? Certainly. Significant? Monumentally!

God knew what His covenant people enslaved in Egypt needed in 1400 B.C. He knew what a poor seminary family in Fort Worth, Texas needed in 1979. And dear sister, [B]He knows what you need today right this very minute. He knows what we need because He knows all the cares of our heart. He is intimately aware of all that happens to us, because it all comes through His hand purposed for His glory and for our good. [/B]
Dear Lord, remind me even in moments of desperation and fear that You are in control. Help me fight the temptation to worry or doubt your provision. Grant me the peace to accept Your will as your promise to protect and provide for me and my family. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Last edited:
I thank God for his Divine Discernment. Not only that when he reveals it too me. That I am grateful and can still love the people when they twist words/ things against me! God is able! Still turn it around for my good. :grin:

:yep: Not everything is good, but God can make it work together for your good!

I am thankful for the test. I realized this morning that the test is an attempt to make me more Christ-like and if God is even attempting to make me more Christ-like it is because He has found some redeemable quality in me that He can use. If you are being tested, you must have potential to do something! Be encouraged!

Today I am thankful that God has a due season. Galations 6:6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Today I am thankful that God has a due season. Galations 6:6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

And let us not grow weary......Amen, sister!

Today I'd like to give thanks for the gift of God's power to me. I don't have to be strong..I can take action with HIS power.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

We are more than conquerors

My strength is made perfect in your weakness

When is the last time someone saw something happen through your life that could not be explained other than God working in your life? When you begin to see this happen, you will be modeling ministry as Jesus modeled it. You will be bringing the Church to the people, not the people to the church. Pray that God makes you a vessel of His power, not simply a vessel of words

The children of Israel had not gone far from the shore of the Red Sea when the realities of their new freedom began to register. They no longer enjoyed the ample food and water supply of Egypt. Now, after traveling 3 days into the wilderness, the large crowd had no water. And when they finally arrived at the oasis of Marah, the water was bitter (Ex. 15:23).

Thus the children of Israel were compelled to rely on a miracle. So they cried out to Moses, and Moses cried out to the Lord. The Lord showed him a tree, which Moses cast into the water. Miraculously, the water turned sweet.

The transformation of the water was a miracle akin to the plague of blood sent to Pharaoh and the Egyptians (Ex. 7:14-25). Egypt’s clean water had been sullied with blood by the hand of the Lord. The lesson of Marah was clear—the same hand that turned water into blood could turn bitter water into sweet. The same power that brought curses on Egypt could bring health to Israel.

If you have a seemingly impossible need today, remember that the hand that supplied your greatest need—forgiveness of sin—is the same hand that can adequately supply all your needs. Trust Him to accomplish things that seem impossible. — Marvin Williams

When our problems overwhelm us,
God wants us to look to Him;
He provides the right solutions—
Lighting paths that once were dim. —Sper

Impossibilities compel us to rely on God.

Last edited:
Phillipians4: 19But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Today I am thankful for Jehovah Jireh, God who is my provider.

Today I am grateful for the Peace of God which surpasses all human understanding even in the midst of set backs and upheavals..even among the goodness that surprises

The Word of God says, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). Let quietness and confidence be your strength (Isaiah 30:15). "Quietness" here refers to tranquility within. This becomes very difficult. We are so aware of the circumstances and situations of the world that we become unaware of the position of our soul and the still, small voice that must direct and guide it.

Therefore, it is for our protection and well-being that we are told to study to be quiet (2) that we might not be influenced by the distractions of this world of which Satan is the prince (3).We must be consumed with the world's creator and the Savior of our souls. It is that inner confidence, not in ourselves, but in Christ, that makes us overcomers. "

"Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10).

Let quietness and confidence be your strength (Isaiah 30:15).

"And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of
righteousness quietness and assurance for ever" (Isaiah 32:17).

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
1 Thessalonians 4:11

I am thankful that in spite of everything going on around me and in my life, that I can sleep at night and that I have peace of mind.

My gratitude today is for the Psalms. Once when I went through a hard period in my life I read one Psalm a day...and by the end of the reading I had such peace.Maybe I will do that again.

Two nights ago I dreamed the number 66. I thought right away to look up its equivalent in the Psalms since I had l aready had a dream before with Psalm 138....I looked up both of them to compare after reading 66 as it seemed familiar
I am posting both Psalms as the messages ARE very very
similar. Clearly the Lord is assuring us of HIS blessed promises. Also posting Isaiah 66

Psalm 66

For the director of music. A song. A psalm.

1 Shout with joy to God, all the earth!
2 Sing the glory of his name;
make his praise glorious!
3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
So great is your power
that your enemies cringe before you.
4 All the earth bows down to you;
they sing praise to you,
they sing praise to your name."
Selah
5 Come and see what God has done,
how awesome his works in man's behalf!
6 He turned the sea into dry land,
they passed through the waters on foot—
come, let us rejoice in him.
7 He rules forever by his power,
his eyes watch the nations—
let not the rebellious rise up against him.
Selah
8 Praise our God, O peoples,
let the sound of his praise be heard;
9 he has preserved our lives
and kept our feet from slipping.
10 For you, O God, tested us;
you refined us like silver.
11 You brought us into prison
and laid burdens on our backs.
12 You let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water,
but you brought us to a place of abundance.
13 I will come to your temple with burnt offerings
and fulfill my vows to you-
14 vows my lips promised and my mouth spoke
when I was in trouble.
15 I will sacrifice fat animals to you
and an offering of rams;
I will offer bulls and goats.
Selah
16 Come and listen, all you who fear God;
let me tell you what he has done for me.
17 I cried out to him with my mouth;
his praise was on my tongue.
18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;
19 but God has surely listened
and heard my voice in prayer. 20 Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!

Psalm 138

A David Psalm

1-3 Thank you! Everything in me says "Thank you!" Angels listen as I sing my thanks.
I kneel in worship facing your holy temple
and say it again: "Thank you!"
Thank you for your love,
thank you for your faithfulness;
Most holy is your name,
most holy is your Word.
The moment I called out, you stepped in;
you made my life large with strength.

4-6 When they hear what you have to say, God,
all earth's kings will say "Thank you."
They'll sing of what you've done:
"How great the glory of God!"
And here's why: God, high above, sees far below;
no matter the distance, he knows everything about us.

7-8 When I walk into the thick of trouble,
keep me alive in the angry turmoil.
With one hand
strike my foes,
With your other hand
save me.
Finish what you started in me, God.
Your love is eternal—don't quit on me now

Isaiah 665Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

6A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
7Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
11That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
12For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
13As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem. 14And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.

Last edited:
Psalm 27 Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

4 One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.

7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the LORD will take care of me.

11 Teach me Your way, O LORD,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!

Today I am grateful that we can Know that even if we are forsaken by others the Lord is always there to listen to us ,support us and amaze us when he works on our circumstances.

Today's gratitude is for God's hand in my life....regardless of human circumstance.....I to turn to HIM..and see HIS hand accomplish exceedingly more than I can ask for...

God wants to Suprise You

God wants to surprise and bless you. Just like a surprise in our every day lives from a loved ones causes much delight and joy, making us feel special, God wants to surprise us with His goodness. When we take the time to realize the small surprises that show up in our lives, this will create an attitude of faith and joy. He even wants to take what seems to be a setback or distraction in our lives, and turn it around to bless us; surprising us!

The Scripture says in Deuteronomy 28, “If we will keep God first place, if we will walk in His ways, all these blessings will overtake us.” That means you won’t be able to outrun the good things of God. One translation of the word “overtake” means “to catch by surprise.” Our Heavenly Father wants to be good to us. He wants to amaze us with His goodness. We should get up every morning with the attitude, “I can’t wait to see what God is going to do!” And you may have had some victories in the past, but you haven’t seen anything yet; God is about to super size your dreams and surprise you by accomplishing more than you can ask or think.

Zephaniah 3

14Sing, O Daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel! Rejoice, be in high spirits and glory with all your heart, O Daughter of Jerusalem [in that day].

The Lord is the King of Israel.
He is with you.
You will never again be afraid
that others will harm you.
16 The time is coming when people will say to Jerusalem,
"Zion, don't be afraid.
Don't give up.
17 The Lord your God is with you.
He is mighty enough to save you.
He will take great delight in you.
The quietness of his love will calm you down.
He will sing with joy because of you."
17The LORD your God

wins victory after victory
and is always with you.
He celebrates and sings
because of you,
and he will refresh your life
with his love." [c]

The LORD's Promise to His People

18The LORD has promised:

Your sorrow has ended,
and you can celebrate. [d] 19I will punish those
who mistreat you.
I will bring together the lame
and the outcasts,
then they will be praised,
instead of despised,
in every country on earth.
20I will lead you home,
and with your own eyes
you will see me bless you
with all you once owned.
Then you will be famous
everywhere on this earth.
I, the LORD, have spoken!

Micah 3
4But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree, and none shall make them afraid, for the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken it.(B)

5For all the peoples [now] walk every man in the name of his god, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.
6In that day, says the Lord, I will assemble the lame, and I will gather those who have been driven away and those whom I have afflicted.
7And I will make the lame a remnant, and those who were cast off a strong nation; and the Lord shall reign over them in Mount Zion from this time forth and forever.
8And you, O tower of the flock, the hill and stronghold of the Daughter of Zion, unto you the former dominion shall come, the kingdom of the Daughter of Jerusalem.
9Now why do you cry aloud? Is there no king among you? Has your counselor perished, that pains have taken you like a woman in labor?
10Writhe in pain and labor to bring forth, O Daughter of Zion, like a woman in childbirth; for now you shall go forth out of the city and you shall live in the open country. You shall go to Babylon; there you shall be rescued. There the Lord shall redeem you from the hand of your enemies.
11Now many nations are assembled against you, saying, Let her be profaned and let our eyes gaze upon Zion.
12But they know not the thoughts of the Lord, neither do they understand His plan, for He shall gather them as the sheaves to the threshing floor.
13Arise and thresh, O Daughter of Zion! For I will make your horn iron and I will make your hoofs bronze; you shall beat in pieces many peoples, and I will devote their gain to the Lord and their treasure to the Lord of all the earth.(C)

Psalm 42
To the Chief Musician. A Contemplation[a] of the sons of Korah.
1 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?
3 My tears have been my food day and night,
While they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”

4 When I remember these things,
I pour out my soul within me.
For I used to go with the multitude;
I went with them to the house of God,
With the voice of joy and praise,
With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.

5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance.[c]

6 O my God,[d] my soul is cast down within me;
Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan,
And from the heights of Hermon,
From the Hill Mizar.
7 Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;
All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
8 The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me—
A prayer to the God of my life.

9 I will say to God my Rock,
“Why have You forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”
10 As with a breaking of my bones,
My enemies reproach me,
While they say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”

11 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

Today I am grateful that my spirit has been uplifted.

Ultrasuedea referred to this passage awhile back but I wanted to post it again today as a reminder to myself. Today I am grateful for all of the many things that God has done for me and all of the other obstacles and challenges I have overcome by His mighty right hand. I will proclaim all of the wonderful things that He has done!

Psalms 118:13
13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the LORD helped me.
14 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
15 Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The LORD's right hand has done mighty things!
16 The LORD's right hand is lifted high;
the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!"
17 I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

I am ready dearLord...in quiet confidence
I wait..my heart open to receive your divine abundance in all areas of my life....open arms..houesehold mind spirit all resources open to receive.. financial..creative..ministry..community..
relationship....health..
and more to give back ..for all these gifts in your generosity

Thanks be to You,Almighty God

Be Ready to Receive

Joshua 3:5
Pastor Carl H Stevens

"The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord" (Proverbs 16:1).

"Prepare your hearts unto the Lord, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines" (I Samuel 7:3b).

As believers, we must always live a prepared life. Many times, we miss blessings because we are not sensitive to what the Lord is doing. Jacob was guilty of not preparing his heart in Genesis 28:16b. He states, "Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not." The Lord has promised that He would go with us till the end of the earth (2) "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5b). "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them" (Matthew 18:20).

Jesus is always faithful to His promises. Are we ready for His answer? Are we familiar with God's provisions? Jesus is with you in the morning. He is at the Bible study. He attends every service that exalts His Word. The Lord is there, and you know it. We need to have the attitude of Joshua, "Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you" (Joshua 3:5b).

God loves to give the increase in our lives, and we need to be ready to receive it. Always be prepared for God to work. "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" (Luke 12:32).

And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you.
Joshua 3:5

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 28:20

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" (Luke 12:32).

Last edited:
Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Today I am thankful for God's supernatural protection
from all storms and calamities.

I am grateful for the Lord's gift of changing what needs to be changed and that by His Grace I am teachable and able to change for the better and circumstances in my life change for the better along with relationships
finances,career dreams ..and ministry

Reminder,
I can be gentle with myself today in this DIVINE process of renewal and restoration and change.

If God takes away from us the old, wrinkled, beat-up dollar bill we have clutched so desperately, it is only because He wants to exchange it for the whole Federal mint, the entire treasury! He is saying to us, "I have in store for you all the resources of heaven. Help yourself!"

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. --2 Corinthians 5:17

Sigh

I really hate not being a great communicator, especially when it comes to talking to God. I tend to use songs to express to Him how I feel. I am getting to the place where I realize that this is okay, and He accepts my gratefulness toward Him no matter the avenue. I thank God that He's helping me realize I am okay, even though I am verbally challenged.

'I love you Lord and I lift my voice,
To worship You, oh my soul, rejoice.
Take joy my King, in what you hear,
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound, in your ear.'

I hope you ladies won't mind me using songs to express my gratefulness to God. I am not good at quoting scripture and being vocal, but I am good at remembering songs that really do uplift the name of Jesus.

Sigh

I really hate not being a great communicator, especially when it comes to talking to God. I tend to use songs to express to Him how I feel. I am getting to the place where I realize that this is okay, and He accepts my gratefulness toward Him no matter the avenue. I thank God that He's helping me realize I am okay, even though I am verbally challenged.

'I love you Lord and I lift my voice,
To worship You, oh my soul, rejoice.
Take joy my King, in what you hear,
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound, in your ear.'

I hope you ladies won't mind me using songs to express my gratefulness to God. I am not good at quoting scripture and being vocal, but I am good at remembering songs that really do uplift the name of Jesus.

Actually, I think expressing yourself through song is great! King David did it all the time-in fact, most of the postings here have come from Psalms which consists of songs or poems written by David.

Also, when Satan was kicked out of Heaven, he was initially in charge of music and praise. That's when God blew breath into dirt, created us, and we've been singing His praises ever since. If we don't sing, the rocks will! When you sing, you are doing what you were created to do. :yep:

I am grateful that no matter what we have done, no matter how many mistakes we make or how many times we fail-NOTHING can make GOD stop loving us.

Romans 8:37-39

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am grateful for God's provisions for ALLmy needs, whether in the light of the promised land, on the enlarged territory or in shade...He Provides then..as in the past, now and in the future

A Precious Promise of God's Provision

By which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises... And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (2 Peter 1:4; Philippians 4:19)
" As He did with Paul, the Lord promises to meet the physical needs of all of His children. We can rely on His promised care for us. We do not need to worry or fret. "Do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things" (Matthew 6:31-32). Our faithful and loving Father is fully aware of our material needs, and He has committed Himself to supplying them. "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6:33). Our heavenly Father wants us to give our attention to seeking after Him, not after our needs. He wants us to be on a quest to know Him. He desires that we seek after His holy rule and His righteous ways. He will be faithful to "supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." He may typically use a paycheck to fulfill His promise, but He will supply our needs. Even if we are flat on our backs and unable to work, God is our faithful source.
Dear heavenly Father, I thank You for Your faithfulness in supplying my material needs through the years. Forgive me for doubting You at times, when it looked like the provision was not coming. Help me to seek You and not my needs

Last edited:
Provebs 27: 9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.

I am grateful today for faithful friends who do not change. And display the same personality traits in all situations.

1 Corinthians 2
1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

Wisdom From the Spirit
6We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"— 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.[c] 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Today I am grateful for the mind of Christ by which we can gain wisdom and have discernment when making decisions and seeking truth in our lives. Praise the Lord!

Today, I thank God for clarification and revelation. It really was like a breath of fresh air to renew and rejuvenate me. I think Ultrasuedea posted something a few weeks ago about giving life to dry old bones....if I can find it, I will repost it again. It seems really applicable today.

I found it! :yep:

Ezekiel 37:1-14
The Dry Bones Live
1 The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. 2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. 3 And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”
So I answered, “O Lord GOD, You know.”
4 Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.”’”
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.
9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”’” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.
11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD.’”

Today I am thankful that the Lord can take the dry barren areas of our lives and breathe new life back into them. And for the renewal of my spirit and for God's steadfast and all emcompassing love.

Grateful for God's deliverance, shelter from the storm and into the
light of an abundant larger place..

Thought for Today:
Don't be discouraged by your circumstances because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world (I John 4:4).

Deliverance Not Limited
He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. (Job 5:19)

Eliphaz in this spoke the truth of God. We may have as many troubles as the workdays of the week, but the God who worked on those six days will work for us till our deliverance is complete. We shall rest with Him and in Him on our Sabbath. The rapid succession of trials is one of the sorest tests of faith. Before we have recovered from one blow it is followed by another and another till we are staggered. Still, the equally quick succession of deliverances is exceedingly cheering. New songs are rung out
Our confidence is that when the Lord makes our trials six, six they will be and no more.

It may be that we have no rest day, for seven troubles come upon us. What then? "In seven there shall be no evil touch thee." Evil may roar at us, but it shall be kept at more than arm's length and shall not even touch us. Its hot breath may distress us, but its little finger cannot be laid upon us.

we will meet the six or the seven troubles and leave fear to those who have no Father, no Savior, and no Sanctifier.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psalm 84:11

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Hebrews 1:9

I am grateful for the miracles that are so desperately needed are right here and right now. Miracles that are graciously given by God,exceedingly abundantly above what I dared hope or ask for....miracles that come RIGHT ON TIME....miracles that turns everything around and give lifegiving restorative power in every area of my being. I affirm it I believe it I claim victory and praise YOU Jehovah-Jireh

Under pressure!
Do you feel like you're in a tunnel with no way out? Rejoice, you're positioned for a miracle! Paul said, "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but not crushed and broken. We are perplexed...but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going." A certain amount of pressure is necessary to release our faith, and God knows exactly how much to apply. He allows us to get to where: (a) We've exhausted our own resources. (b) We're tired of Satan stealing what God says is ours. (c) The opinions of others no longer control us. It's the place Hannah found herself in when she prayed in the temple, "In distress of soul...and weeping bitterly" (1Sa 1:10 AMP). She was under such pressure because of her childless state that when she began to unburden herself before God, the church hierarchy thought she was drunk. But when you're desperate, you're not overly concerned about blowing the minds of religious onlookers; your only concern is touching the heart of God.
With God there are no hopeless situations, just people who've grown hopeless about them. Real faith comes into its own when push collides with shove. After all, you don't need God to part the Red Sea when there are bridges all around, right? It's when there's nothing you can do to avoid the inevitable, that you start trusting God to do the impossible! So the crisis you're experiencing today could be a blessing in disguise - an opportunity to experience a greater degree of His power at work in your life.

Isaiah 61:7-9 (NIV) Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.

Psalm 143:7-8 (NIV) Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. [8] Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Kayte, I appreciated your post today, especially the reference to Hannah. In fact I just bought a book called The Song of Hannah which expands on Hannah's story.

Back