Gratitude in the Gethsemane

Proverbs10: 22The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

Hebrews 6:13-19
13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, 14 saying, “Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.” 15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 16 For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute. 17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.
19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, 20 where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

I am grateful today for provision from the Lord because surely one word from God can change your whole situation.

Thank you Ultrasuedea :)
I've always loved Hannah's story. Today I opened my Bible and as always ask God to please talk to me and Hannah's encounter with Eli.... was one of the passages that came up... ...when she takes in his promise and believes and goes on her way greatly heartened...her burden lifted before she even conceives..that is the part most moving to me...

I am grateful that His word can overcome darkness and will never return void. His word will not rest until "it has come to pass."

John 1: 1-5
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend (overcome) it.

Isaiah 55:11
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

I am grateful that despite the devil's mind games, that God has already overcome the world.

GOD’S PRESCRIPTION FOR A SOUND MIND!!-Joyce Meyers

As you begin to claim your mind back from the enemy, he will not want to give up the place that he has had. You will have to do battle with his lies and confusion.

Your first step is to declare out loud that you will not allow any outside force to do your thinking–no man and no spirit. There are spiritual laws that demons must obey. They cannot stay where a man wills them not to stay. Your power is in the Name of Jesus, the Blood of Jesus, and the Word of God. Ask God to give you discernment of the lies of the devil.

Think about what you are thinking about. As you recognize a lie to your mind, always defend yourself out loud. That means speaking to Satan and the evil forces out loud, binding them in the Name of Jesus, and forbidding them to lie to you and to use your mind.

When you catch a lie to your mind, use this prescription regularly–and you will regain peace, your memory, restful nights, and the ability to concentrate and comprehend.

You are in a battle–you are not alone–for all of God’s people fight this same fight (Ephesians 6:12). Make up your mind not to give up! According to Colossians 3:2, set your mind on things above and keep it set! As you begin this battle, it will seem worse than ever. The reason is that the demonic powers are fighting to keep their place in your mind (and in your thinking). Call upon God’s grace in the Name of Jesus, and He will give you the power of the Holy Spirit to overcome every evil tendency fully.

Remember, regaining your mind is a process. We all fail at one time or another. God knows our weakness; that is why He gave us I John 1:9. Just ask for forgiveness and see the Blood of Jesus washing away your sin. Don’t give up! Continue claiming what belongs to you (your mind and your thinking belong to you), and Jesus will help you overcome.

II Timothy 1:7 says, “For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind!”

I kept on Pressin in my Prayer time about a situation. I got so fed up with it I was like "Let Go and Let God"! Then God Super-naturally opened up that particular door and I am so greatful for that. I thank God for his word and no matter what I am going through! I can Stand and trust and continue to trust in the word of the Lord. I thank God that I am still learning!:yep: I thank God for my open doors!:yep:

I kept on Pressin in my Prayer time about a situation. I got so fed up with it I was like "Let Go and Let God"! Then God Super-naturally opened up that particular door and I am so greatful for that. I thank God for his word and no matter what I am going through! I can Stand and trust and continue to trust in the word of the Lord. I thank God that I am still learning!:yep: I thank God for my open doors!:yep:

I am so thankful for your praise report!! I know you are going through a dry season right now, and I am glad that you are still seeing the Lord working in your life. What a beautiful testimony!!

2Kings 13:4 Then Jehoahaz sought the LORD's favor, and the LORD listened to him, for he saw how severely the king of Aram was oppressing Israel. 5 The LORD provided a deliverer for Israel, and they escaped from the power of Aram. So the Israelites lived in their own homes as they had before.

Today I am grateful for God's favor which when we are gifted with it, allows us to do more than we could ever ask or think, in fact there is no stopping us when we have the favor of the Lord.

I want to give gratitude for this wonderful person who was in my life for several years ..a spiritual mentor...the kindest most responsible man I knew...he'd been divorced 16 years and recently remarried his wife..
I was overjoyed for them...and typically he was understated about this
but I knew he'd be alone for many years and this was a blessing to hear and that he gave me hope in the gift of reconciliation...

he was a social worker a humanitatian and my friend and he is with God...
My life had a light in it ..and a ground because he was in it.....and I am a slightly better person because of him..he was my friend my dear friend and now he's gone...and I must be grateful God put him in my life for a little while....

Psalm 116
14I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.
15Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
16O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
17I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
18I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. 19In the courts of the LORD's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD

Last edited:
Kayte, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend, but take comfort in the fact that he was a blessing in your life.

Thank you Ultrasuedea..
praying hard today and yes thank God for my friend he blessed many many lives and was and is a blessing to me

Today I am grateful for God's favor which when we are gifted with it, allows us to do more than we could ever ask or think, in fact there is no stopping us when we have the favor of the Lord.

I pray that we all walk in God's favor and that everything we put our hands to prospers and is successful.

I am so thankful for your praise report!! I know you are going through a dry season right now, and I am glad that you are still seeing the Lord working in your life. What a beautiful testimony!!

Thank you for this. I went out last night b/c I was helping people collect money. Anyways at the end of the event. I was offered to do it every event Fri./Sat. At the end of the event there was a man from Atlanta, GA and we were conversating about God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit! It was like our words meshed and we were talking about the Lord! Who is like the Lord! A male friend of mine was so impressed that he was like WOW the conversation y'all had was powerful:yep:! When my male friend took me home he wanted to know more:yep:! I thank God! In my dry valleys I still Praise Him! B/c Now I know what is waiting for me at the end of this tunnel. Even, the male friend I was with!:blush: I prayed and prayed and God Answered!:yep:

I thank God that even in my Dry Places God is still using me and I am still able to go out and Learn about the Lord as well as Praise Him with other belivers. I thank God that He answers prayers in his own Divine Time. I can truly meditate on his word. I truly am Grateful for a Powerful Father even when I do slip up! :yep:

Psalm51:10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

15O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

16For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

18Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

I am thankful today that God has the power to cleanse and change our hearts for the better,and when he does we experience life changing benefits.

Psalm 119

1 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart.

3 They do nothing wrong;
they walk in his ways.

4 You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.

5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!

6 Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.

7 I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.

8 I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.

I am thankful today that God is a God who compensates and enables us to succeed even when we can't see a way out or even how a thing can be accomplished.

Very very grateful for the friends online and off line that reached out when I was in need...

Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety." (Proverbs 11:14)

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." (Proverbs 27:17)

I am grateful that my circumstances don't dictate my conduct or feelings. Through Christ's strength and power and the presence of the Holy Spirit (the Comforter), I can still hold my head up, praise, worship, and have hope in spite of my circumstances. I know that He will soon turn it around in my favor.

Phillipians 4:10-13
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Grateful for the Lord's strength when I falter I can rely on Him

2 Cor 12:9 says, “My grace is sufficient for you, my strength is made perfect in your weakness.”

Psalm 103:1-5
A Psalm of David.
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s

Today I want to thank and bless the Lord for recent blessings and progress, and more blessings to come.

I am glad that we are starting to see signs of progress! Isn't it encouraging and exciting?! :yep:

Psalm 103:1-5
A Psalm of David.
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s

Today I want to thank and bless the Lord for recent blessings and progress, and more blessings to come.

Matthew 6:7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11Give us this day our daily bread.

12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

I am grateful today for the daily provision of the Lord. He is faithful to keep his word in all things.

I am grateful today for the daily provision of the Lord. He is faithful to keep his word in all things.

I really need to hear this today. Praise God who cannot lie or deny Himself

I could not post yesterday the system was in maintenance mode
so two gratitudes

Yesterday..... Thanks be to God who has not and did not abandon me though I abandoned myself.

Today I give thanks for divine prosperity and abundance that came in right at the time when I had no options and others failed, God made a way. Though I don't see it yet, I remain in faith and trust in Him and say thank for the miracles on the way.

"Then he said to them, 'Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.'"
Nehemiah 8:10

"For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a lifetime; weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning."
Psalms 30:5

"The righteous cry, and the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles."
Psalms 34:17

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and will trust in the LORD."
Psalm 40:1-3

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you."
Isaiah 43:2

"So the ransomed of the LORD will return and come with joyful shouting to Zion, and everlasting joy will be on their heads. They will obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing will flee away."
Isaiah 51:11

"To grant those who mourn in Zion, giving them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."
Isaiah 61:3

"Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart."
Luke 18:1

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

Last edited:
John 14:1

1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me.

i was feeling really bad the other day and when i saw that verse i instantly felt better.

Praise Him when you are doing good praise Him when in bad.

I thank You Jesus for what You already done. I thank you for what you already done.

You said in John 10:10 I came that you may have life and have it abundantly until it overflows

The word also Deuteronomy 7:9
9"Know therefore that the LORD your God, (A)He is God, (B)the faithful God, (C)who keeps His covenant and His loving kindness to a thousandth generation with those who (D)love Him and keep His commandments;

Dueteronomy 11:8 Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, 9 and so that you may live long in the land that the LORD swore to your forefathers to give to them and their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey. 10 The land you are entering to take over is not like the land of Egypt, from which you have come, where you planted your seed and irrigated it by foot as in a vegetable garden. 11 But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. 12 It is a land the LORD your God cares for; the eyes of the LORD your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.

13 So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the LORD your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul- 14 then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and oil. 15 I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.

I am thankful today for the Lord's promise to renew , satisfy and refresh us when we are faithful and love him.

Gethsemane: the Pressure Place
by Lou Lotz
Read: Luke 22:39-46

"Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me." (v. 42)
Gethsemane. The word means oil press. In Jesus' day the contrivance consisted of two massive round stones that ground the olives to a pulp, the greenish oil dribbling down into an earthenware basin.

Gethsemane is that place in your life where you're being pressed, squeezed. It's like two big stones are grinding you down, squeezing the life out of you. For some people, their marriage is Gethsemane. They can't bear to stay, and they don't dare to leave. For some, it's a job that is squeezing the life out of you. You can't live with this job; you can't live without it.

Gethsemane is the place where you can't go forward, but you can't go back. You're stuck. And you find yourself, like Jesus, pleading for a way out: "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me."

Another thing about Gethsemane—it's a lonely place. Friends and family mean well, but like Jesus' sleepy disciples, they can't come with you into the garden.

But God can—and does. In Gethsemane we realize that although we are lonely, we're not alone. God shares our sorrows and prepares for us a future more redemptive than we can imagine. Say it with me: "Father, not my will, but your will be done."

Prayer: Come with me, Lord, into my pressure place.

I look forward into stepping from here into
13 So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the LORD your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul- 14 then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and oil. 15 I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.

I am thankful today for the Lord's promise to renew , satisfy and refresh us when we are faithful and love him.

Back