Gratitude in the Gethsemane

Hebrews 11:1-12
By Faith We Understand
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
Faith at the Dawn of History

4 By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.
5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”;[a] for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
Faithful Abraham

8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; 10 for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11 By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised. 12 Therefore from one man, and him as good as dead, were born as many as the stars of the sky in multitude—innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.

Today I am thankful for the word of God and the many examples of faith contained in it's pages that encourage and sustain us.

Proverbs 31 :30-31 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.
Deuteronomy 28: 13 -14 And the LORD will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. 14 So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

Today I am thankful for all of the blessings present in my life right now,which are too many to take for granted.

7/26/08 Gratitude posted 7/27/08

I wasn't sure what to offer as a gratitude for the 26th,but that night
A TV movie was on and the main character was a woman and a writer..which I thought was an interesting coincidence so I watched a little more and after she said some thing that just struck my heart,
I watched the TV movie in its entirety

The woman writer referred to a crossroads.. after she suffered major setbacks one of which was her marriage and she was also ignoring/procratinating on ..her next project..a book
This thread began with a statement about crossroads and setbacks
and one..just..today,ironically a fight with one of most oldest dearest friends who is also a struggling writer ..the fight was right in the middle of my writing this gratitude...the fight was about about writing ...it also occurred right before preparing for an important engagment regarding my writing so.... and I am struggling to finish and sell a first novel...so all these setback occurences say is to thank God that it means I am reaching a breakthrough and getting closer to the Lord's harvest
and also thank God for a successful event and booksigning which is happening in two hours.

My gratitude is God's gift to me be of service as a writer and thanking the Lord for a prosperous
authorship and blessed creativity

Let us run with patience the race that is set before us; looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." - Hebrews 12:1,2. ...

Psalm 45
My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer. ...

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

[SIZE=+1]Psalm 26:7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

[/SIZE]

Under A Tuscan Sun ..

Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game. It's such a surprise.

You think "What happened to you?" Well there came a time in each one of those lives where they are standing at a crossroads… someplace where they had to decide whether to turn left or right.

Last edited:
I am thankful that God's glory is new and vibrant every day and that when I am down, He lifts my head.

Psalms 3:1-6
1 O LORD, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
"God will not deliver him."
Selah
3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD;
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
4 To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.
Selah
5 I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
6 I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.

Acts 10 30And Cornelius said, This is now the fourth day since about this time I was observing the ninth hour (three o'clock in the afternoon) of prayer in my lodging place; [suddenly] a man stood before me in dazzling apparel,

31And he said, Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and harkened to, and your donations to the poor have been known and [c]preserved before God [so that He heeds and is about to help you].

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to help someone who really needed my help although it is a big sacrifice regarding my time, and I had mixed feelings about it in the beggining. But there is no greater thing than to be blessed to be a blessing. And not just because we desire a reciprocal blessing but because it's the right thing to do.

Congrats on your booksigning event!! I hope that it is a huge success!
It was a lot of fun ..thank you :)

yesterday's gratitude
I thank the Lord for the gift of Sunday and observance of the Sabbath
That is a precious time for me with God of prayer,reflection,community,intropsection with the Lord and working tools of the house and of the career are laid down
I am sorry that this practice is not always consistent,but knowing all good things come from the Lord and I remember Jesus speaking about the Sabbath when it was questioned about what was correct or not

Today's gratitude ....Divine Stillness

Quiet and peace that comes from the Lord our God

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.
I am thankful today for the basic amenities of life.

I love this thread.It is getting me through some rocky times.
God bless this thread and its prayers,its pray warriors,its readers,
and all requests and gratitudes exceedingly beyond all that is asked or hoped for stated here and stated in our hearts.

Today's gratitude steadfastness,perserverance,deliverance and VICTORY under adversity

Monday, July 28, 2008 - God Uses the Wicked - Genesis 37-39
When evil people affect our lives, we often wonder how God could permit such a thing. Humanly, the question makes sense. But it's possible that we won't ever understand the reason wickedness was allowed to tough us.
However, the Lord gives several assurances to sustain us during these times. First, God reminds us that His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. Then, He provides insight into His character. He reminds us that "the Lord is good; His loving-kindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations". And finally, our heavenly Father promises to work all things for the believer's good.
We can also be reassured by the biblical record. There we often find the plans of the wicked actually furthering the Lord's purpose.
We live in a fallen world. All of us will be affected by evil people. Knowing God's Word and understanding His character give us hope and endurance to persevere during those times.

Barak: A Hesitant Leader
Although the Lord had chosen Barak to lead the fight against the Canaanites, Barak still wanted the Godly Deborah with him. Did he not have enough trust that the Lord would be enough? Even though Barak was initially timid, the Lord saw Barak as someone who could lead the Israelites to victory.
Deborah told Barak when to charge against Sisera's men. The enemy panicked, and Barak and his men captured them - but Commander Sisera escaped. He hid in a nearby tent, where Heber's wife Jael was staying. Jael killed the commander with a tent peg, while he was resting. Later Barak came by looking for Sisera, and Jael showed him the dead body.
Deborah's forewarning had come to pass. It was at the hands of a woman that the Israelites were delivered from her enemies. Deborah and Barak sang a victorious song, praising God and blessing Jael. This triumph set Israel in motion to become stronger and stronger against the Canaanites, until all the people were destroyed. The land was peaceful for the next 40 years.

Barak received a call from God, but he wanted backup. We don't need to doubt that God will help, if He is the one leading us. The Lord gave Barak everything he needed to win the fight. He can and will do the same for us.
Lord, As Your child, I have authority to overcome lies and fears that try to make me ineffective. I am ready and expect to see great things. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Today's gratitude steadfastness,perserverance,deliverance and VICTORY under adversity

Part 2

Psalm 37

[a]A psalm of David.

1 Don’t worry about the wicked
or envy those who do wrong.
2 For like grass, they soon fade away.
Like spring flowers, they soon wither.
3 Trust in the Lord and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you your heart’s desires.
5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you.
6 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
7 Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes.
8 Stop being angry!
Turn from your rage!
Do not lose your temper—
it only leads to harm.
9 For the wicked will be destroyed,
but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land.
10 Soon the wicked will disappear.
Though you look for them, they will be gone.
11 The lowly will possess the land
and will live in peace and prosperity.
12 The wicked plot against the godly;
they snarl at them in defiance.
13 But the Lord just laughs,
for he sees their day of judgment coming.
14 The wicked draw their swords
and string their bows
to kill the poor and the oppressed,
to slaughter those who do right.
15 But their swords will stab their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.
16 It is better to be godly and have little
than to be evil and rich.
17 For the strength of the wicked will be shattered,
but the Lord takes care of the godly.
18 Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent,
and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever.
19 They will not be disgraced in hard times;
even in famine they will have more than enough.
20 But the wicked will die.
The Lord’s enemies are like flowers in a field—
they will disappear like smoke.
21 The wicked borrow and never repay,
but the godly are generous givers.
22 Those the Lord blesses will possess the land,
but those he curses will die.
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.
25 Once I was young, and now I am old.
Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned
or their children begging for bread.
26 The godly always give generous loans to others,
and their children are a blessing.
27 Turn from evil and do good,
and you will live in the land forever.
28 For the Lord loves justice,
and he will never abandon the godly.
He will keep them safe forever,
but the children of the wicked will die.
29 The godly will possess the land
and will live there forever.
30 The godly offer good counsel;
they teach right from wrong.
31 They have made God’s law their own,
so they will never slip from his path.
32 The wicked wait in ambush for the godly,
looking for an excuse to kill them.
33 But the Lord will not let the wicked succeed
or let the godly be condemned when they are put on trial.
34 Put your hope in the Lord.
Travel steadily along his path.
He will honor you by giving you the land.
You will see the wicked destroyed.
35 I have seen wicked and ruthless people
flourishing like a tree in its native soil.
36 But when I looked again, they were gone!
Though I searched for them, I could not find them!
37 Look at those who are honest and good,
for a wonderful future awaits those who love peace.
38 But the rebellious will be destroyed;
they have no future. 39 The Lord rescues the godly;
he is their fortress in times of trouble.
40 The Lord helps them,
rescuing them from the wicked.
He saves them,
and they find shelter in him.

Kayte, I agree with Sashaa your post today was definitely on point and you reminded us of several truths we need to always remember.

Thank you Sashaa08 and Ultrasuedea for the encouragement! :)
and praise and thank God for the Victory

1 Corinthians 13
The Greatest Gift
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love

Today I am thankful for the love of God which is unconditional and which anchors and supports us through all things.

I am grateful for my mental and physical health. I am grateful that I am able to feed myself, dress myself, walk, see, hear, speak, and that I am in my right mind---so much to be thankful for.

3 John 2 - “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

I am grateful for the gift of rest.....
and it's available to me if listen to faith and not fear

Come to ME,all ye who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest

Today I am grateful for answered prayer and for the demonstration that the Lord really does have the last word in any situation especially when we ask him to. Psalm 134
A Song of Ascents.
1 Behold, bless the LORD,
All you servants of the LORD,
Who by night stand in the house of the LORD!
2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary,
And bless the LORD.

3 The LORD who made heaven and earth
Bless you from Zion!

I am thankful that God will never leave me or forsake me.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not; for I am with you. Be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness.

Daniel 6- 26 I make a decree that in every dominion of my kingdom men must tremble and fear before the God of Daniel.

For He is the living God,
And steadfast forever;
His kingdom is the one which shall not be destroyed,
And His dominion shall endure to the end.
27 He delivers and rescues,
And He works signs and wonders
In heaven and on earth,
Who has delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.

Today I am thankful for the realness and faithfulness of God because even though we are told to have faith, he is also so very faithful to keep his word to us.

I wondered what to give thanks for ..I watched a wonderful movie
with an uplifting message ..my birthday is coming next week
great friends ...sense of a vision from God,dating kind men,
and in kinship with one key loving man in my life, so many gifts God gave me! ....enough author appearances to meet my summer and September expenses....which I was so scared about and now
I can work on my novel ....what do I say thanks for...I always look to
God to give me the gratitude of the day

I took a nap and dreamed. In my dream I saw the words Psalm 138.....
and the day before I saw Favor..God's favor..but I dismissed it.
Today..since the psalm was so clear ...& I didnt know which Psalm it was...if it was one of David's anguished prayers or not ..

I decided to look it up and...GOD IS AN ALL MIGHTY GOD
it's not only a thank you psalm..appropriate for this thread, but also speaks to me of the promises in it....that are awesome
..including this devotion that was today from C. Spurgeon as it fits in

My gratitude today is entire content of Psalm 138 and gratitude for God's Favor as spoken to me by the Lord and for me & my sisters here
God chose this for me.... to shout HIS goodness
and I am heartened HE reassures me ..not that we WILL be answered .....but that HE DOES..so it's done.. we are answered
with God's Favor
I am in deep vigilant prayer tonight for me and my sisters and going to pray 138..out loud...
please join me if you read this ...expecting God's grace of answered miracles... Oh You ,Lord are loving and watching over us
Praise Your Holy name

An Appeal; Deliverance

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. (Psalm 50:15)
This is a promise indeed! Here is an urgent occasion--"the day of trouble." It is dark at noon on such a day, and every hour seems blacker than the one which came before it. Then is this promise in season: it is written for the cloudy day.
Here is condescending advice, "Call upon me." We ought not to need the exhortation: it should be our constant habit all the day and every day. What a mercy to have liberty to call upon God! What wisdom to make good use of it! How foolish to go running about to men! The Lord invites us to lay our case before Him, and surely we will not hesitate to do so. Here is reassuring encouragement: "I will deliver thee." Whatever the trouble may be, the Lord makes no exceptions but promises full, sure, happy deliverance. He will Himself work out our deliverance by His own hand. We believe it, and the Lord honors faith. Here is an ultimate result: "Thou shalt glorify me." Ah, that we will do most abundantly. When He has delivered us we will loudly praise Him; and as He is sure to do it, let us begin to glorify Him at once.

Psalm 138

1I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise;
2I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness; for you have exalted your name and your word above everything.
3On the day I called, you answered me, you increased my strength of soul.
4All the kings of the earth shall praise you, O Lord, for they have heard the words of your mouth.
5They shall sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord.
6For though the Lord is high, he regards the lowly; but the haughty he perceives from far away.
7Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve me against the wrath of my enemies; you stretch out your hand, and your right hand delivers me. 8The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Last edited:
Ultrasuedea and Sashaa08 :) I am heartened the Psalm spoke to you too.
I am praying it throughout the day aloud...I was in prayer all night
Tonight there is an all night communion service until 6am...will attend and...do my best to be in prayer all night until daybreak

On the day we called, you answered us, you increased our strength of soul. you stretch out your hand, and your right hand delivers us. 8The Lord will fulfill his purpose for us; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever

Editing to add some thing I forgot to mention...and I know This is my gratitude for the day
I dreamt and saw the word V-I-C-T-O-R-Y..and I seem to remember it was in spangles and glitter

But because I dream words and images so much.. I sometimes shrug it off...but I know this is from God
and is my gratitude.... THANK YOU LORD GOD FOR THE V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

Victory Verses
2 Tim. 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Cor. 2:14 - Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ

Romans 8:37 - Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

1 Cor. 15:57 - But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Last edited:
Matthew18-18"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be[d]bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.

19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Today I am grateful for the inspiration, support ,and insight that I gain from this thread on a daily basis.

Today,I am grateful for the Lord's mercy and for God's grace

Mercy withholds from us what we deserve;
Grace gives what we do not deserve

Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." ...

Psalm 55

1 Listen to my prayer, O God,
do not ignore my plea;
2 hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught

3 at the voice of the enemy,
at the stares of the wicked;
for they bring down suffering upon me
and revile me in their anger.

4 My heart is in anguish within me;
the terrors of death assail me.

5 Fear and trembling have beset me;
horror has overwhelmed me.

6 I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest-

7 I would flee far away
and stay in the desert;
Selah

8 I would hurry to my place of shelter,
far from the tempest and storm."
Today I am grateful for God's sustaining power and shelter from life's storms.

Today's gratitude is for LOVE..God is love and I give thanks for God's love,perfect love,the abundance of love.

1 Corinthians 2:9 ,
But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him.

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.(NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:1-8a and 13
Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Proverbs 30:18-19
There are three things that amaze me—
no, four things that I don’t understand:
how an eagle glides through the sky,
how a snake slithers on a rock,
how a ship navigates the ocean,
how a man loves a woman

Song of Solomon 8:7
Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear

Colossians 3:14
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity

Today, I am thankful for peace of mind regardless of what is going on around me.

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

Back