Gratitude in the Gethsemane

I want to join in! Today I am grateful for the job I have. It is sometimes stressful and there are difficult moments but God continues to demonstrate to me every day that as long as I have faith in Him no weapon formed against me shall prosper.

Welcome! And you're right...no weapon formed against us will prosper!

I am thankful for this thread. I've been feeling heavy lately and I've been fighting off those bad thoughts that want to overtake me and make me miserable. Reading this thread lifts my burdens and distracts my thoughts. I think I'll make a copy and read the posts over and over. I will get a breakthrough!! I hope this thread continues past day 7. Thank you ladies. Thank you Kayte for suggesting this. Be blessed.

I am thankful for this thread. I've been feeling heavy lately and I've been fighting off those bad thoughts that want to overtake me and make me miserable. Reading this thread lifts my burdens and distracts my thoughts. I think I'll make a copy and read the posts over and over. I will get a breakthrough!! I hope this thread continues past day 7. Thank you ladies. Thank you Kayte for suggesting this. Be blessed.

The above is how I feel exactly. I've been going thru the negative, useless thoughts and so much confusion in the past couple of weeks. It makes me want to quit sometimes then I remember that God does have a plan for me. This makes me hopeful.

I am thankful today because deep in my heart and in my spirit I know that God is working everything out for my good. And since I believe this then I need to act like I know this by controlling my emotions and remaining calm.

Psalm 118
1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

2 Let Israel say:
"His love endures forever."

3 Let the house of Aaron say:

4 Let those who fear the LORD say:

5 In my anguish I cried to the LORD,
and he answered by setting me free.

6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies.

8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.

9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.

10 All the nations surrounded me,
but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

11 They surrounded me on every side,
but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

12 They swarmed around me like bees,
but they died out as quickly as burning thorns;
in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the LORD helped me.

14 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.

15 Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The LORD's right hand has done mighty things!

16 The LORD's right hand is lifted high;
the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!"

17 I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

18 The LORD has chastened me severely,
but he has not given me over to death.

19 Open for me the gates of righteousness;
I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.

20 This is the gate of the LORD
through which the righteous may enter.

21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.

22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone;

23 the LORD has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.

24 This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

25 O LORD, save us;
O LORD, grant us success.

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.
From the house of the LORD we bless you. [a]

27 The LORD is God,
and he has made his light shine upon us.
With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
up to the horns of the altar.

28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.

29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever

Day 7
Today I am grateful for God's gift of vision and God's gift of protection
even when or/ especially when it does not feel like we are being sheltered or have a future. I was going to post Psalm 91 but after finding it today 3times!...First reading it in devotion books.... two times... each in two different books
and then also today one... online..it was noted and confirmed by the Lord that an excerpt from the online devotion needs to be posted.
as well

Today's gratitude.... God's gift of vision beyond what I can ask or even imagine and.. God's gift of protection...

Have you ever despaired in the long hours of night, calling out to God in your darkest hours like the psalmist in today's reading? Or, have you exprienced God's answer break forth in the dawn bringing light through His wonderful mercy as in this magnificent Psalm 89? Don't miss the 91st — one of the best-loved psalms in today's reading, pledging amazing promises of blessings

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]
2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Ephesians 3:20-
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Thoughts on today's verse
Of all the names for God in the Bible, this is my favorite: Him who is able to do immeasurably more. Our God is the same God who parted the Red Sea and fed 5,000 on a green hillside with only a couple of sardine sandwiches. He longs to do more than we ask and imagine, but most of us haven't really given him much of a challenge. Dream big dreams for God. Then hang on!
Prayer:
Almighty and awesome God, do in our day what you did in past days. Give us faith to believe and then amaze us at the smallness of our faith. Give us vision to see your plan and do greater things. We ask this, not for ourselves or our experience, but for your glory and the salvation of our world. In Jesus name. Amen.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you... plans to bless and you and not to harm you... to give you the future you hope for

Last edited:

The above is how I feel exactly. I've been going thru the negative, useless thoughts and so much confusion in the past couple of weeks. It makes me want to quit sometimes then I remember that God does have a plan for me. This makes me hopeful.
I felt the same way... sisters.....something uplifting to look forward to...:) Thank you ..bless you for sharing
Apologies for double post..just didn't want to have one huge response

I am so grateful that we all have participated in gratitude to God and in blessed hope from God....together.

What I learned.. imperfectly...was that I actually began to look forward to naming something to be grateful for and that first I meditated on what that would be... rather than random. And I also found myself meditating on the gratitude and bible verse..and lesson ...thoughout the day. I didn't expect that. My plan was to keep going through an online diary....because I didn't want to stop either...

So should we go another 7 days? Anyone..as Sashaa08 so thoughtfully noted, is welcome ..& can join ...at any time!
If it's made known that this 14 day thread has done God's work within that time ..then it has...or if it's made known to go forward again ..then it shall :)

Blessings to all of us..and deepest gratitude to our God.Thank you Lord
for doing immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine

Last edited:
Kayte, thank you for starting this challenge. Even when things seem to be more challenging and difficult, I knew that I could always open this thread and read encouraging words. I noticed that during this challenge, I complained less because I knew that others were experiencing what I was going through and that others were united and standing with me in thanksgiving and praise.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I say we keep going until we experience supernatural breakthrough. When the praises go up, blessings come down, and I say we bombard heaven with prayers and praise until the harvest comes in. I am looking forward to reading everyone's praise reports!

Jeremiah 32:17
Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee

I am thankful that nothing is too hard for God.

Day 8
As the testing intensifies..my fear has turned to rock hard faith ..my love for God is deeper and I feel HIS comfort and I am confident everyone one of us is gonna come through as GOLD.....
Today I am grateful for God's Promises and for my sisters who are participating in this thread/Christian Forum ..whether out loud or privately because by our combined energy, I am not alone.Christian Forum is my online spiritual home. Lord Jesus You said where two or more are gathered there I am in the midst. Blessed be Your Holy matchless name.

Today's gratitude God's Promises and prayer gratitude partners in this thread and The Christian Forum

(Psalm 13: 6 - The Message). I'm yelling at the top of my lungs, I'm so full of answered prayers” .

(2 Pet 3,9) The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance

(1 Kings 8:56). “Not one word has failed of all his good promises”

(Hebrews 10:23). “He who promised is faithful”

“As essential as the promise of the Father is the prayers of His children,” admonishes author Andrew Murray. Promises are unlocked with the key of believing prayer. The Holy Spirit links verses of Scripture, through meditation and prayer, to our needs, to people, and to opportunities. A promise from God becomes personalized as we see its potential to change our life. We must then “glue the promise to the problem.”
Peter 1:4).
“Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises” (2

Nehemiah 1:8, 9, 11 '[Nehemiah prayed:] Remember the instruction you gave your servant Moses, saying, if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon, I will gather them from..." O Lord … Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man [the king].'

Nehemiah was a great man of prayer, because he knew how to pray from the answer and not – as most people do – for the answer. He started his prayers with the word of God. Everything he asked for was based on a promise God had already made in the Scriptures. In this case, Nehemiah borrowed words recorded in Leviticus 26:33 and Deuteronomy 30:2-3. These passages were written hundreds of years before Nehemiah's time and some people in his day might have thought them nothing more than ancient history. But not Nehemiah – he claimed them as promises for today, because God doesn't change. Actually, Nehemiah paraphrased these verses – he put them in his own words when he prayed. That's a good practice even today, because putting something in your own words means that you've had to interact with it in some way, to think about what it's saying to you. Nehemiah prayed from the answer, from the promise already made, so he prayed with confidence. He believed that God would show his integrity by visibly coming through on his promise. We can use God's promises with the same confidence, even though they were written hundreds – in some case, thousands – of years before we came along. Notice that the last thing Nehemiah prayed for is divine favour, so that he could walk a smooth road to his destiny. His prayer wasn't a 'do-something-God-but-use-someone-else' effort. He placed his own life on the line. 'I'll do it, Lord. I'll go, if you'll go with me.' God answers the prayers of people who will pray from his promises and invest everything they have to see the promise fulfilled.

Prayer: 'Lord, teach me how to pray from the answer, using your word as my guide. And help me to be willing to back my prayers with action, based on your great promises.'

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Last edited:
Today I am grateful to the Lord as he continues to sustain and strengthen me as I wait on the Lord to perfect that which concerns me. Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55 verse 22

Day 9
Today I am grateful/greatful..this is the second day in a row
I made this typo or misspell and then corrected it..but after the second time it may not be a misspell :)

So....greatful for God's abundance and Fruit of the Spirit
..abundance in love friendship family finance health beauty happiness community strength wisdom kindness miracles sweetness joy commitment nature career
I pray for the humility to truly receive all from the heart and to be able to give back and abundantly

The Fruit of the Spirit from the Christian New Testament of The Bible , specifically the Epistle to the Galatians chapter 5. 'Fruit' is used to mean 'end product' or 'harvest', and hence the passage describes what the writer expects to observe in someone in whom the Holy Spirit has been working.

Fruit Of The Spirit - The nine visible attributes of a true Christian life: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.
W hen you belong to Jesus, his Spirit lives in you. God gives you the power and ability to display his character traits of love, joy ...
The fruit of the Spirit are the qualities of character God grows inside of you. It's more than mere spiritual or personal growth; it's God at work within you.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23

Psalms 66:12
For you, O God, tested us; You refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but You brought us to a place of abundance

Tested for Abundance

It is nice to hear that God desires to bring us into abundance. In fact, many a preacher has promoted the goodness of the Lord and His ability to prosper His children.The passage above tells us that God does in fact bring us into places of abundance. However, upon further study of the entire passage, we learn the route to this abundance. In God's economy, abundance is often measured in wisdom and knowledge of Himself. It is then that we are truly blessed. Wisdom cannot be gained through intellectual pursuits. Wisdom comes only through experience. Real wisdom comes from the kinds of experiences that come only through the deepest tests. Lessons of refinement, including prison accompanied by burdens, lead us through the fire and water. This is the territory that must be traveled to reach that place of abundance. It would seem strange that a loving God would use such means with His children. What we often fail to realize is that God's measuring stick is the character and likeness of Jesus Christ Himself in each of us.

Is God using your marketplace to refine you today? Has He placed you in a prison or laid burdens on your back? Take heart if this is the place you find yourself, and realize that if you are faithful through the tests, you will enter a place of abundance that few will ever attain. The darkest hour is just before daybreak.

Last edited:
I thank God that He allowed me to travel safely (just got off the plane not too long ago) and gave me an unexpected financial blessing (my Dad gave me $200 cash for spending money-I didn't ask, he just gave it to me!). I thank God that for His loving arms of safety, traveling grace, for giving me a loving father, and taking such good care of me.

I am going to be at a Conference this week, but I still plan to check in as often as possible to share and to read your encouragment. Ladies, I can't thank you enough for posting those encouraging words. It is really helping me right now. God bless and keep you!

Today I am grateful for the all encompassing love of God which enables me to function even during the most challenging times. And which enables me to feel a greater level of joy during happy and joyous times.
God’s Everlasting Love-Romans 8-31-39

31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36As it is written,

"For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."
37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Day 10
Today I am grateful for the gift of The Holy Spirit who guides me and centers me in supernatural love,wisdom,and truth.
Praise be the name of God

Today's gratitude..the Blessings of The Holy Spirit

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear,
but you received the Spirit of sons and daughters. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry
ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on
your descendants.

Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially
the gift of prophecy.

"Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? 12 Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he?" (Luke 11:11-12)."If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" (Luke 11:13).

I am grateful today for the remembrance of the many blessings and favor that the Lord has already bestowed upon me. Many times before I even asked. And for the confidence to know and believe that more blessings and favor are on the way.

Isaiah 65:23-24
23 They will not toil in vain
or bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the LORD,
they and their descendants with them.

24 Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear

This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do Not need your help. So, have a nice day.
I love you.

P.S. And, remember...
If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.
Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now. Have a nice Day,God. I am also thankful that I received this helpful email forwarded from a friend today.

Matthew 14:25-31 25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

29"Come," he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

I am grateful today for God's provision and the knowledge that I must trust the Lord and never doubt. I know that casting out fear and doubt is essential for answered prayer and I know that I must keep my eyes on the Lord so that I will triumph over all obstacles.

Day 11
Today's gratitude..my minister.....
The Lord speaking through her

I had a great talk with my minister this afternoon. I'd been trying to get an appointment with her for two months ..She's in such high demand.....She's African American,like me and a powerful, aware,and super intelligent lady who has a background in modern dance so she understands the challenge of being an artist and business owner.

I just love going to her with any spiritual challenge and she's awesome to talk with and we talked intensely for two hours just about me!
She had such wisdom and spoke matter of factly and almost offhanded but with tremendous spirit and enthusiam about matters that confound and baffled me...the insights came easily to her and I felt a growing serenity listening to her truth as she perceived it in me..
What an incredible gift :) and then she held my hands and prayed over me a special prayer just for me and my family.

She said she did not hear that God had a foreclosure on my future
on the contrary & that I was called to go higher and she quoted Habbukuk
She also told me to open my hands to receive and we laughed cas when we looked at my hands.... my fingers were twisted closed and in knots

I feel so loved and appreciated and greatly encouraged!!!!
On tour this summer and tonight....hope I will be able to check in tomm....but if not,I will on Wednesday when I return
...but anticipating beautiful New England where I am going
A treat for a flower child who danced under redwood trees as a kid & now finds herself staring up at skyscrapers in the big bad city
I leave with my minister's loving strong words on my mind
Grateful for all of it!

Habbakuk like a lot of us was disturbed about some issues going on. So he raised the question of God's justice, and God answered him in a reassuring way, and with a vision of faith encouraging him to look further....

God reassured Habbukuk that if he waited, it would all become clear to him. God told Habbakuk what to do..
Write the vision down...perhaps he really wanted him to take a look at things from all angles and release it prophetically...Setting things down before our sight helps us to focus on what important, and may help us to develop a sight in the situation.

Later on in the chapter God brings him back into a vision of faith. He state "The righteous shall live by faith". Faith in itself perhaps being the vision needed to see through here. Probably not the answer we all want to hear at times. We rather have some nice personal prophetic message but building a foundation first is essential in the prophetic. Here faith is a foundation

Do we have a vision of faith today?

Do we envision what it really is?

Perhaps there is much more in being a visionary than just seeing flashes of pictures before you. Developing a visionary stance first in areas of our thoughts and life and his word.

Habbukuk 2 And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by. (AMP)

3 This vision is for a future time.
It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
for it will surely take place.
It will not be delayed. (NLT
Pr. 29:18
"For without vision the people perish"

Pray for vision says Paul...
"May the Father of glory give to you a spirit of wisdom, and revelation in the knowledge of him. That the eyes of your heart may be enlightened. Eph 1: 17-21

Last edited:
I am grateful today for God's provision and the knowledge that I must trust the Lord and never doubt. I know that casting out fear and doubt is essential for answered prayer and I know that I must keep my eyes on the Lord so that I will triumph over all obstacles.

This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do Not need your help. So, have a nice day.
I love you.

P.S. And, remember...
If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.
Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now. Have a nice Day,God. I am also thankful that I received this helpful email forwarded from a friend today.

ultrasuedea...your posts help me SO much...thank you..
thank God

I thank God that He allowed me to travel safely (just got off the plane not too long ago) and gave me an unexpected financial blessing (my Dad gave me $200 cash for spending money-I didn't ask, he just gave it to me!). I thank God that for His loving arms of safety, traveling grace, for giving me a loving father, and taking such good care of me.

I am going to be at a Conference this week, but I still plan to check in as often as possible to share and to read your encouragment. Ladies, I can't thank you enough for posting those encouraging words. It is really helping me right now. God bless and keep you

God is so good!
Keeping you in prayer for a safe return and a productive refreshing fulfilling Conference.

Today, I am thankful for family and friends. It is such a blessing to have family and friends who love you, support you, care about you, will stand with you, believe in you, and pray for you.

Thanks for the kind words, Kayte!

Day 11
Today's gratitude..my minister.....
The Lord speaking through her

I had a great talk with my minister this afternoon. I'd been trying to get an appointment with her for two months ..She's in such high demand.....She's African American,like me and a powerful, aware,and super intelligent lady who has a background in modern dance so she understands the challenge of being an artist and business owner.

Kayte, It is so great that you have such a wonderful minister to give you wise counsel and encouragement. That's such a blessing. I am so glad that we are all helping one another.

Last edited:
Today I am grateful for the comfort and encouragement of the Holy Spirit who truly comforts me and uplifts my spirit. Acts 1:7-8 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Last edited:
Day 12
I am entering this late (technically day13)
..but don't want to miss agratitude
Today I am grateful for God's will and timing whether I agree with it or not

I am thankful that God knows what is best for me and wants what is best for me. Even when I don't understand everything that happens, I know that His promise will come to pass.

It's not a scripture but this phrase often encourages me: "delays are not denials."

I am thankful that God knows what is best for me and wants what is best for me. Even when I don't understand everything that happens, I know that His promise will come to pass.

It's not a scripture but this phrase often encourages me: "delays are not denials."

Double cosigning.

Isaiah 44:10-13 You are My servant,
I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
11 “ Behold, all those who were incensed against you
Shall be ashamed and disgraced;
They shall be as nothing,
And those who strive with you shall perish.
12 You shall seek them and not find them—
Those who contended with you.
Those who war against you
Shall be as nothing,
As a nonexistent thing.
13 For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’
Today I am grateful for God's word which encourages and instructs me about the nature and power of God.

Thankful and grateful for:

The breath that I just took with my own lungs,

Walking out to lunch today using my own two legs,

Typing with my own two hands...

For every little, ordinary thing that I do every day. Lord thank you, and forgive me for sometimes just taking it all for granted.

Day 13I am grateful for God's gift of hope. It sees me through when the externals
give little indication of anythng to hope for

and that this hope never disappoints, because God's love for us floods our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to

Psalm 119:116 Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.
Hebrews 6:18 so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us

Heb 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:25
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Back